Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:19:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Have you been a victim of scams?  (Read 691 times)
gin113

Activity: 140
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 01:18:15 PM

so far not and i believe if you get scammed its your own fault. it means you didnt do your research.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dificanovi

Activity: 812
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 02:10:12 PM

I am really interested in this topic and am writing Bachelor thesis about types of frauds on the internet. I believe it is serious problem and it is important to share your stories so others would be aware of these issues.

Please share your experience, where you faced scams, what were your losses, do you know anyone else who faced same issues?

Examples of scams:
1.) Shady Exchanges
2.) Pyramids and Ponzi Schemes
3.) ICOs
4.) Mining software with malware
5.) Emails from scammers.

I will be really thankful for your stories!

P.S. Please specify scam websites, token names or projects in order to bring awareness.

I have been cheated by bounty ICO, I joined the bounty campaign for 1 month. after the ICO ended I got the stake, after that I sell the coin and no one wants to buy the coin. I am very sorry to have joined their ICO bounty.

zynan

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2018, 02:19:48 PM

When I was a newbie on earning a bitcoin, I was scammed by a Bitcoin Doubler Site that promises they will double my bitcoin in 24 hours, I was convinced on investing my earnings that time, because I saw few people who got paid, so I tried, but then after 48 hours of waiting, the site has gone, and I didn't receive anything. Also I was scammed by a mining site where you can invest btc in exchange of hashes, I got paid at first but the site also gone. I learned my lesson now, and I promised to myself I won't make an investment to those kind of sites ever again.

╔╦═╦════╣◆ TOPEX.IO - ICO & Bounty for Brand New Cryptocurrency Exchange ◆╠════╦═╦╗
╠╬═╬═══╣with loss compensation and profit  distribution between TPX token holders ╠═══╬═╬╣
╚╩═╩═══╩══╣FACEBOOK ✅ ╠═══╣ TWITTER ✅ ╠═══╣TELEGRAM ✅ ╠══╩═══╩═╩╝
criticalcrypto

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 02:24:26 PM

I am really interested in this topic and am writing Bachelor thesis about types of frauds on the internet. I believe it is serious problem and it is important to share your stories so others would be aware of these issues.

Please share your experience, where you faced scams, what were your losses, do you know anyone else who faced same issues?

Examples of scams:
1.) Shady Exchanges
2.) Pyramids and Ponzi Schemes
3.) ICOs
4.) Mining software with malware
5.) Emails from scammers.

I will be really thankful for your stories!

P.S. Please specify scam websites, token names or projects in order to bring awareness.

The biggest scams currently are multi level marketing, they seem to be incredibly popular on social networks although not typically crypto 
yummy23

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 02:26:12 PM

Yes,,But Luckily only Victimized by Hearing Tongue . You always have to Think first then React
Kean1998

Activity: 60
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 02:29:51 PM

I can't encounter it yet cause i only signup those forms that didn't need a Private key.

▬██▬▬▬  HORIZON  ▬▬▬██▬
FIRST TELECOMMUNICATIONS COMPANY IN THE WORLD EMPOWERED BY THE ETHEREUM BLOCKCHAIN
▬  HORIZONCOMM.CO  ▬
deescrid

Activity: 15

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 02:31:12 PM

Hard to qualify as a scam but it's certainly close enough to warrant warning others about it.

Sent a number of NXT to ShapeShift about 10 days before the IGNIS airdrop.  The exchange failed (still shows awaiting deposit), and due to ShapeShift being absolutely crap, they still haven't responded to my support request even to this day.

From other NXT users who have also experienced this same issue during this timeframe, I have found that ShapeShift are refusing to return the airdropped IGNIS saying they "don't support it".

So we're supposed to believe that ShapeShift are just going to ignore the potentially millions of $ worth of IGNIS?  I doubt they're going to leave these tokens unclaimed for the rest of time, don't you?  What a convenient problem this has turned out to be for them.  NXT deposits break before the airdrop, they keep the IGNIS and refund the worthless NXT back to users claiming they've done their bit.

So, advise?  Never, ever, ever use ShapeShit.  You'll be waiting for weeks for a response if anything goes wrong, and they're basically acting as thieves in this instance.
ralph_0608

Activity: 406
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 02:39:48 PM

Few times when I was a newbie in Bitcoiontalk.org there are so many airdrop  coins and I keep joining and joing hoping to earn free coin only to think  some are not legit and just gathering data or only need someone to follow their twitter at FB account. some are asking to deposit some .001 eth in exchange for airdrop  but after several weeks or month of waiting  Idon't receive any coin. But now I only joining airdrop which i think have potential.

cryptocoinfarmer (OP)

Activity: 154

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 02:44:03 PM

How about bounty campaign scams anyone has an experience?
cryptoquality

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 04:10:39 PM

so far not and i believe if you get scammed its your own fault. it means you didnt do your research.

don't talk too early mate. if you get scammed one day even if you did your favorite research, remember this message, ok?

of course you have to do your research but anyway there is a chance that you can be scammed. I didn't invest money for any scammers but couple of bounty campaigns scammed my effort unfortunately.
Agozyen

Activity: 672
Merit: 252

Until the end

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 04:17:18 PM

Scam ICO - Ox Fina.  Their website, twitter and facebook are still up.  It's a goldmine for someone like you because it shows what a scam ICO looks like.

I was ripped off by Cryptsy.  A good portion of my funds on that exchange are gone forever, including .5 BTC and 375 LTC, which would really come in useful right now.

I also had a my LogMeIn compromised and someone logged into a computer and downloaded the locked bitcoin wallet.  Funds were not at risk in that scenario.  This was years ago.

I had someone hack my account for Peercoin pool mining (I forget where) and had a few PPC redirected to their wallet.  This was a result of the Heartbleed exploit.

I now have 2-factor authentication when possible.  Most of my coins are not on exchanges.  No remote access on my mining/staking machines either.  All wallets locked and backed up.

mroth7684

Activity: 196

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 05:14:24 PM

when the first time I used bitcoin I get scammed by us man. 500$ bitcoin at that time mean 5000$. so hurt

IlfarIldarovich

Activity: 448

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 05:16:26 PM

There are many different types of moshennichestva , various ICO scam . So you need to be very vigilant nowadays
Kidmat

Activity: 774
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 05:19:20 PM

Ive been a victim of bitcoin scams before like ponzi schem also those hyip. That was when Im new in bitcoin that I joined quick and invested in. So this time Im being careful before joining any.
accoladeinfo

Activity: 27

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 05:28:48 PM

yes , got scammed on Discord on name of marketing of coin
junjunsalsalani

Activity: 183

equitybase: Crypto Real Estate Exchange

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 05:33:50 PM

I was a victim of ponzi scheme 10years ago thats why i can clearly say bitconnect is a ponzi scheme,so i dont recommend new ones to join Bitconnect.

styca

Activity: 1078
Merit: 354

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 05:45:33 PM

I have been a victim once, quite recently - I did a lot of work for a bounty campaign, but when time for payment came we all had to submit our ERC20 addresses again. I submitted my address, but unfortunately someone else claimed to be me and entered their address as well, and they got sent the tokens. There wasn't really anything I could do about it, other than tell the company my ETH address over and over again, which I did several times both before and after distribution.

A very frustrating experience, and I'm still trying to work through it with the company concerned just in case there's a chance of a positive resolution - so I'm not really prepared to name names at the moment. But this is an example of the sort of scam where you are not scammed yourself, but still become the victim.
Swenna

Activity: 364
Merit: 106

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2018, 10:30:35 PM

I have been scammed by ICO projects for twice now. They were very active at first and very engaging but then they refused to pay after their project has been successful and then just vanished into thin air. I think that sometimes, people get scammed because they didn't do their own research about the campaign or the project because even a successful project can lead to a scam in the end.
Jafri101

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 10:37:10 PM

I think everyone of us who is a bitcoiner or crypto lover has atleast once stucked in scam. Somehow every user go through this level which includes scam emails also.
alieknov

Activity: 154

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 01:31:01 AM

No,  because i know when ill be joining or not cause i am careful for it might be a fraud. 
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: