Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:17:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Have you been a victim of scams?  (Read 691 times)
mpufatzis

Activity: 840
Merit: 128

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2018, 09:25:49 AM
Last edit: January 07, 2018, 12:45:41 PM by mpufatzis

When I've started buying in the crypto world I knew just one coin, BTC.
Later after reading a lot and watching hours on youtube, I found out that there is potential in other "alt" coins too.
I am a holder and not a day trader. I avoid following others opinion and I am not attracted by names or promises of quick money.
I am lucky because I don't have a lot to invest, I am struggling to make my living, but I have hope and nothing to lose..
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kkukkugaga

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

Hello World!

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 03:07:39 PM

No, I do research or ask my legend friends when there's new airdrops and icos before joining. However, I was scammed before, but not here.

T r a x i o n                                                            TRADE AND EARN DURING PRE-ICO
TRANSITIONS YOU TO A CRYPTO-READY SOCIETY       Pre-Sale starts April 15, 2018
Github     Telegram     Medium     Facebook     Twitter     Reddit     Youtube
cryptopan

Activity: 196

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 03:19:23 PM

No and i dont have plan to be a victime of these scams,you just need to research well to prevent people from scamming you.

__ ▂ ▃ ▅ ▇ █  TRADELIZE  █ ▇ ▅ ▃ ▂ __
█≣≣≣ICO Starts :April 17,2018≣≣≣█▃Your laser sword in Cryptocurrency Trading ▃█≣≣≣   whitepaper   ≣≣≣█         
≣     Onepager     ≣     ANN Thread     ≣     Facebook     ≣     Telegram     ≣     Twitter     ≣
siddartha1492

Activity: 952
Merit: 284

In love with Bitcoin!! 💓💕

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2018, 03:33:58 PM

Well yes, I have been a victim of many revshares and HYIPs before. One of them was crypto related project called Lunacoin. The project was very promising, with many products built like wallets, sister sites, gambling platform, revshare etc. But the project owner fled away in just 1 month with around $2 million. Most of the funds were in Bitcoin, so I guess that $2 million is worth a lot lot more now, as this scam happened in April.

Then there was this Bananafund project, which claimed to be the next kickstarter platform. It also gathered a lot of funds, like around 600+ BTC, owner showed some progress in the site, but he actually used the money to do crypto trading and never returned the users their money. His name is John o'Neil.

There were many more projects like this and I lost in most of them, because at that time I was foolish enough to believe in the clever words of the site owners. Now, I am totally out of that sector and only invest in crypto projects. In that also, I choose ones which offer value even to free users like Steemit, Lunyr etc.

cL0uD

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 03:39:07 PM

Yes, SIGT and ECT, both complete scams.
bitcoiner0101

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 03:43:34 PM

I'm a little Careful with that.I discussed and then React. Hopefully not been a victim Yet  Wink
bbcolex

Activity: 672
Merit: 100

Pepemo.vip

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 03:45:20 PM

Yeah. I was once and learned from it, I was just merely helping someone and was clueless of what will happen next. Been good to other help but he infected me some kind of phising program tried to hack me, fortunately i was able to detect it. I lend him small amount but still tried to hack and scam me. Learned from it, never trust anyone and don't let other people take advantage of your kindness. lol

2nd one. HYIP programs, always scammed by this ponzi scheme, lost 0.1 btc in hexabot and 0.5 btc to chain.group  Grin never learned but now I won't be joining any HYIP program anymore all ending to be scam.

Balang

Activity: 35

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 03:52:16 PM

I've been scam by people on slack who claimed to be from the team and you can make a lot of money by investing in their pre-ico
rain3798

Activity: 157

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 03:53:13 PM

I am really interested in this topic and am writing Bachelor thesis about types of frauds on the internet. I believe it is serious problem and it is important to share your stories so others would be aware of these issues.

Please share your experience, where you faced scams, what were your losses, do you know anyone else who faced same issues?

Examples of scams:
1.) Shady Exchanges
2.) Pyramids and Ponzi Schemes
3.) ICOs
4.) Mining software with malware
5.) Emails from scammers.

I will be really thankful for your stories!

P.S. Please specify scam websites, token names or projects in order to bring awareness.

Ofcourse, I have been a victim of scam and it was really suck, I've been careful right now since it happened to me. All my coins that I've earned was loss and I think it was because of the airdropped that I have joined or maybe it was hacked. I am very sure that I didn't give my private key so I was really upset that all earned was all gone. I should have not stack here so I decided to moved on and start again but it was hard to start again that's why I started 2 months after what happened. There's a lot there like phising site and I think you know that already.

sinduarianto

Activity: 350

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 12:09:58 AM

I've been a victim of fraud I got tricked on an ico I've done all but ico it does not pay me at all.
BitCaptcha

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 12:11:47 AM

Yep.... accidentally sent 0.5 Ether to a fake Indahash ico. Sad
Macadonian

Activity: 467
Merit: 578

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 12:13:48 AM

I actually downloaded a wallet supplied in the OP of the announcement thread and in it was a malicious code looking to steal Bitcoin wallet. Luckily I install all new clients in a virtual machine. I found out after a scam accusation was submitted and their thread was taken down.
Litzki1990

Activity: 1204
Merit: 296

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2018, 12:16:03 AM

I am victim of scam so now i must be careful in what im going to click a link, Because some link are phising so that need to be careful if you are not be careful maybe some of your coins are holding are going to gone.

Duelbits
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
///  PLAY FOR FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
PLAY NOW
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
NerdYale

Activity: 276

BitSong is a decentralized music streaming platfor

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 01:50:58 AM

I dont really know if this can be categorized as a scam,  letting you join an ICO campaign and when its time for payment,  they just disappear or say that their ICO failed to raise the targeted amount.  If this is,  then Im a victim too.

christian07

Activity: 265
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 02:07:05 AM

Yes i am and here in crypto a lot of scams are by phising site,i think also they use bitcoin in pyramiding like redex but it's legit you only need to invite before you earn so it's not good if you ask me another thing this is tool also to easy scam other because this is digital money.Always thinj before you do investment here like in hardware to do mining because it so expensive so what if they scam you.
Nariza

Activity: 246

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 02:15:27 AM

Yes. I have been a victim of scam of bounty and airdrops. In bounty I thought the project will be okay but until now the campaign manager didn't show up anymore. In airdrops some of them ask for a private key.
kiddeon123

Activity: 291
Merit: 101

https://icoenergy.org/

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 03:37:51 AM

I am really interested in this topic and am writing Bachelor thesis about types of frauds on the internet. I believe it is serious problem and it is important to share your stories so others would be aware of these issues.

Please share your experience, where you faced scams, what were your losses, do you know anyone else who faced same issues?

Examples of scams:
1.) Shady Exchanges
2.) Pyramids and Ponzi Schemes
3.) ICOs
4.) Mining software with malware
5.) Emails from scammers.

I will be really thankful for your stories!

P.S. Please specify scam websites, token names or projects in order to bring awareness.

Yes I have once been a victim of scam, But unlike others I didn't invest any money. I only invested time ang effort where I should be earning money instead. I joined the ICO where I though I can earn money and put my trust to them, But That mistake gives me a learning exp on how to pich the proper ICO to render my service.

zoom_rich

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 03:45:41 AM

Technically yes. A coin was pumped and dumped. I was a noob. Lost lots of cash. Ruined me, though I much better now. But can't replaced what was lost, and what could have been.
zoom_rich

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 03:53:21 AM

Hard to qualify as a scam but it's certainly close enough to warrant warning others about it.

Sent a number of NXT to ShapeShift about 10 days before the IGNIS airdrop.  The exchange failed (still shows awaiting deposit), and due to ShapeShift being absolutely crap, they still haven't responded to my support request even to this day.

From other NXT users who have also experienced this same issue during this timeframe, I have found that ShapeShift are refusing to return the airdropped IGNIS saying they "don't support it".

So we're supposed to believe that ShapeShift are just going to ignore the potentially millions of $ worth of IGNIS?  I doubt they're going to leave these tokens unclaimed for the rest of time, don't you?  What a convenient problem this has turned out to be for them.  NXT deposits break before the airdrop, they keep the IGNIS and refund the worthless NXT back to users claiming they've done their bit.

So, advise?  Never, ever, ever use ShapeShit.  You'll be waiting for weeks for a response if anything goes wrong, and they're basically acting as thieves in this instance.

That is straight out scummy. You should see if maybe you guys can get together and sue them.
zanezane

Activity: 868
Merit: 150

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 04:09:38 AM

Technically yes. A coin was pumped and dumped. I was a noob. Lost lots of cash. Ruined me, though I much better now. But can't replaced what was lost, and what could have been.

Technically, it isn't a scammed but rather you've loss your money because of your lack of experience and patience. Being scammed are being fooled or deceive by someone.
Personally, I was scammed by some bounty campaigns here as they didn't paid the participants after the campaign ended but I just thought to myself that their karma will soon be serve.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: