Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:51:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Have you been a victim of scams?  (Read 691 times)
kayvie

Activity: 1022
Merit: 257

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 12:08:31 PM

I am really interested in this topic and am writing Bachelor thesis about types of frauds on the internet. I believe it is serious problem and it is important to share your stories so others would be aware of these issues.

Please share your experience, where you faced scams, what were your losses, do you know anyone else who faced same issues?

Examples of scams:
1.) Shady Exchanges
2.) Pyramids and Ponzi Schemes
3.) ICOs
4.) Mining software with malware
5.) Emails from scammers.

I will be really thankful for your stories!

P.S. Please specify scam websites, token names or projects in order to bring awareness.
some scams have happened to me and finally I lost a lot of money, from now on I will never again trust some links sent to my email by promising us to invest with big profits.
same here, when it comes to online transactions i'm being more careful than before to avoid those scammers. like investing money and expect the return with interest after a few days, which we all know that it is impossible to return.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nakamote

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

WINSTARS - We are changing the face of gambling

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 12:10:16 PM

I am really interested in this topic and am writing Bachelor thesis about types of frauds on the internet. I believe it is serious problem and it is important to share your stories so others would be aware of these issues.

Please share your experience, where you faced scams, what were your losses, do you know anyone else who faced same issues?

Examples of scams:
1.) Shady Exchanges
3.) ICOs

P.S. Please specify scam websites, token names or projects in order to bring awareness.
I was onced scammed by the ponzi networking schemes i my county ive lost all my money,but in crypto i am doing good!

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
WINSTARS -   We are changing the face of gamblingWHITEPAPERANN THREADTELEGRAMFACEBOOK ● Twitter
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Oceat

Activity: 2506
Merit: 368

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 12:37:51 PM

Scammers has a lot of face everywhere so you just have to be very vigilant for your every investments though you have to take the risk because there's always a change that someone could scam you. It happened to one of my friend before because he's lack of knowledge about of Pyramids/Ponzi Schemes, all he wanna do is to invest in a free money, little did he know that it was just a Ponzi website. I remember it before how he struggles for taking that money back because it is just he's only money.

Scammers could do every effort just to take everyone's money in an easy way.

Sniar

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 01:03:07 PM

And what did you do? How can an average member of this forum defend himself? Wrighting to the moderators so they'll ban that scam project forever? What's the options?

firstly you can defend yourself with looking around that coin so you can understand it's a scam in 50%. also looking through the team and their previous projects.
secondly report allthe fake bounties and scammers to moderators: it's the biggest crypto forum and by banning that thieves we'll destroy more then a half of their audience and protect others from loosing moneys
explosion

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 01:10:06 PM

I didn't invest but I worked for bounties if it counts.
My mistake was that I didn't pay attention to the team's contacts. ETHBOOKS scammers just collected the money and disappeared. I'm happy I didn't make any investitions then.
rejosh

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 01:17:22 PM

I have lost 631etc in the cyber hijack last year today its worth nearly 30k. Its all wise safe to have a nano s. Not buying one is the mistake I have made.     

████████
         ██████████████
     ████████   ████████
  ███████               ███████
██████                     ▀███▀
████                               
██                       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████                     ▀████████
██████                     ▀██████
  ███████               ███████
     ████████   ████████
         ██████████████
               ████████

GoNetwork=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
[
]
[
]

▄ 
                          ▄▄███
                    ▄▄█▀▀  ██
              ▄▄█▀▀     ██▌
        ▄▄█▀▀   ▄▀   ██
 ▄▄█▀▀     ▄█▀     ▐██
██     ▄██▀          █▌
 ▀▀██▄███▀       ██
    ██▀▀█▄▄▄    ███
     █▄  ██▀▀▀█▄██
      █▄█▀

▄███▄▄   ▄
  ██                           ██████████▀
  ████▄                   ███████████▀
   ▀████████▄▄     ███████████
  ▄▄███████████████████████
  ████████████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
        ███████████████████
           ▀███████████████▀
              ▄███████████▀
   ▄▄█████████████▀

nter]
sehoon

Activity: 840
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 01:20:42 PM

As of now, I haven't been a victim of a scam. And in your list, I disagree that you put ICOs there. You should've put that "some ICOs". Because not all ICOs are a scam.

Passive Coin

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

Passive Coin - low supply coin with backing fund!

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2018, 01:31:33 PM

I try to avoid ICOs as usually (if not scam) they do not deliver what they promised.
As well, in majority cases, you can buy tokens much cheaper when trading start, compared to ICO price.

However, recently, I was scammed by donating ETH 0.1 for development of EDEX crypto-exchange.
Admins disappeared with inv. money and I had to write-off this amount from our backing fund, as loss.  Sad

◄ Passive Coin Project Website ►
 ◄ Low 500K Supply Coin with Growing & Diversified Backing Fund! ►
●  Passive Coin Bitcointalk Topic  ●  Buy & Sell Passive Coin  ●  Passive Coin Twitter  ●  Passive Coin Facebook  ●
frost_wind

Activity: 560
Merit: 16

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2018, 01:57:05 PM

I haven't been a victim of a scam yet , but I'm feeling it everywhere  Undecided this is a crypto world , so we are responsible for a safity of our funds .

MISS_nSTASSY

Activity: 392
Merit: 105

Vena.Network

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 07:58:04 PM

The only scam I have participated in was pump-signal. I decided that I can make easy money and instant double in few sec Grin
When I bought announced coin on bittrex(I made it so fast as i can) I saw the schedule - price is ok. But I didnt know that bittrex's schedule lags and the real price is in order book - but I had no time to check it. So I bought high, donated to pnd admin, and gone from that kind of activity Grin
I think it is a real scam, but very common in our days

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾       WhitePaper       ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾       Vena Network       ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾       Announce       ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
―――――       Luoshu Agreement - an Open Agreement For Asset Financing and Tokenization       ―――――
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾      Telegram    ‾‾    Github    ‾‾         Join Our Bounty         ‾‾    Twitter    ‾‾    FaceBook      ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
conkeconke

Activity: 125

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 08:15:55 PM

Luckily, I'm not in any scam.
cryptoblazter

Activity: 421
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 01:51:35 PM

Examples of scams:
1.) Shady Exchanges
3.) ICOs

So far I never victimized in form of scam sites. Because since I begun to this industry I most often checked the background of the ico project in the bounty campaign campaign. 

Aryan55

Activity: 308
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 01:58:30 PM

thanks for share i think everybody can alert now from this, although i am not victim , litecoincash is also a scam everyone alert from it always.
joselitobayagbag

Activity: 231

Augmented Reality World Discovered

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 02:00:50 PM

I was scammed by an ICO,electroneum to be specific,i joined its pre-ico sale and the tokens were hold for months it was stucked in their wallet because there are some bugs i think,the price of the coin was decreasing everday and they cant do anything about it,5months have passed i didnt get any return of investment.

Amajaa

Activity: 392

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2018, 02:15:12 PM

Examples of scams:
1.) Shady Exchanges
3.) ICOs

Yes been scammed several times lke on hyip sites.. But in altcoins or crypto so far been scammed once on chronium ico and not that huge amount glad i didnt invest too much... Now im not interested on any hyip investments im focus on trading, airdro and bounty  now more gain than loosing..
olushakes

Activity: 476
Merit: 254

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 02:21:08 PM

Mine was with a HYIP scheme which I thought was a guaranteed way of making money online. It as so enticing that all I had to wait is 5 days which was one of the longest day I ever witnessed because I didn't even know it was scam until after five days then I realized the investment was ripe for withdrawal, I withdraw got a mail to that effect but with the amount of times I refreshed my wallet, I realized that nothing was coming that was when it dawned on me that I have been scammed.
Raldyn

Activity: 240

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 02:21:27 PM

I also have experience about Scam you mean .. but I am just a victim of a bounty scam. Not a victim of a coin investment scam .. then I followed the bounty of a project that has been said a big success but the project owner was blurred and no clarity about what I do and not in pay .. it is very disappointing but I am sincere ..
jnmg_x

Activity: 9

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 02:25:34 PM

Yes I've been a victim of scams. In playing Leaue of legends, there was a time that I need to log in my account on a certain website to be able to avail free champion skins but after a while I cant open my account anymore.
retooled

Activity: 36

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 02:29:20 PM

I stupidly didnt read any reviews for PET the paynext coin. I was reading about ICOs on the coinschedule site and read about this one.

Sent some eth, not a lot but still. Right away it was transferred to another address, then another and it continued being moved around until I got bored
following it.

The balance in the wallet actually shows that the depo was made. When you try to buy the coin it makes you wait until the next level of availability because the last level "sold out". So this morning Im on there when the next level opens (again I know at this point I will never see this money again but I wanted to see how elaborate the scam was). Level opens, they offer 200,000 coins, and after 30 seconds or so there are magically no coins available. I sent a withdraw request but it is of course "pending".

There is a thread about this scam on the forums and there are a few other stories like mine out there. Apparently the website claims to be Swiss, but its somewhere around Veitnam and most of the activity for the site is there. There is also very little traffic to the site, certainly not enough to sell out the coin levels so fast.

Once you sign in the whole dashboard looked legit, live and learn, I took a shower to wash all the scum away!!!
Bad on the a-hole scammers for the site, bad on me for not doing the proper research.

Dart18

Activity: 1400
Merit: 259

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 02:32:33 PM

Not really a scam but more of an account hacking.
Will make you register to one website promising a payment afterwards then boom!! He will try the password that you have used to any accounts you are link to or any websites including you email account.
Beware of that specially here in bitcointalk where they could also used it for scams or loans.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: