Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 12:15:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO LIVE] 📷Photochain : Photography back in your control 📷  (Read 72197 times)
kusumadewi

Activity: 826
Merit: 517

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 01:47:38 AM

1PHT= 0.12 USD standard price, currently up to 25% discount. Developers already locked to USD as stable currency. Good luck
photochain (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 11:34:21 AM
Last edit: May 02, 2018, 11:52:41 AM by photochain

Very interesting project. Where are you guys headquartered?

Thank you! We are incorporated in Estonia via their blockchain managed e-residence, but our team sits all over the world.
imperialGDP

Activity: 26

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 12:13:47 PM

Critically-acclaimed and world-renowned Blockchain Ambassador, Lee Willson, joins the Photochain team

Willson is a highly recognized world figure in crypto assets and a prolific blockchain spokesperson, and today he is popularly known as Blockchain Ambassador.

Willson joins the Photochain team in his global role as Blockchain Ambassador, helping to promote serious blockchain developments and projects around the world. For us at Photochain it is a real coup to have his outstanding experience, wide network and deep blockchain expertise on our team.

He brings significant value to helping Photochain achieve their long term ambitions, in our main sale and beyond, and is a highly welcome addition to an already world class advisory board.

https://medium.com/photochain/critically-acclaimed-and-world-renowned-blockchain-ambassador-lee-willson-joins-the-photochain-1cd53b9d06bf

Woah! Congratulations on a big sign up! I know him from the project apla.io which is also another very good technical project. I think he must only join the good technical projects, with good blockchain to deliver, so I am very happy for the team and for Photochain investors as this is a very good sign for much more interesting things to come !
polarstar00

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

Professional English - Korean translator

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 12:53:32 PM

I love your project because it's living solution for real problem in this field.

Not only do you help the photographer's monetization, also save my time and resource to getting download and using copyrighted material with simple process.

I think it's time to have a successful project in this field and its gonna be your (and ours Smiley)
photochain (OP)

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 01:01:19 PM

Will it be possible to help test the platform in the earliest phases?

In what form? Photography contributors are invited to send an email to us at in@photochain.io, subject: Early Contributor
MattLeBlanc

Activity: 364
Merit: 37

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 05:01:51 PM

I see that 41 million PHT tokens are sold so far, Is there any soft cap for the project as I can see only hard cap details on the website.
photochain (OP)

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 05:15:42 PM

I see that 41 million PHT tokens are sold so far, Is there any soft cap for the project as I can see only hard cap details on the website.

Our softcap had been reached in our pre-sale, which was to the value of 10m tokens sold.
Dreaming

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 07:32:46 PM

$41m is a very strong start to a project like this. If the sale were to end now, how much do you think you could get done with this amount?
photochain (OP)

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 07:37:11 PM

$41m is a very strong start to a project like this. If the sale were to end now, how much do you think you could get done with this amount?

With $41m and our business plan, we could blow our competitors well out the water! Unfortunately it is 41 million PHOTON tokens sold  Grin Grin
MarkThief

Activity: 193

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 07:51:19 PM

Will there be any expansion to stock footage eventually? Video is getting bigger and bigger.
photochain (OP)

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 08:01:16 PM

Will there be any expansion to stock footage eventually? Video is getting bigger and bigger.

Video is much more difficult to manage from a copyright and licensing point of view than photography and still imagery. In our immediate plans, we will not expand to video, but perhaps in future we could reconsider - either by developing our own platform or by way of partnership / acquiring a player in the video licensing field.

But as of yet, it is difficult to manage and as far as we know there are no projects that offer full licensing with adequate management of copyright protection for video.
joblessminer

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 08:01:50 PM

At this point it's obvious blockchain has an insane amount of useful scenarios.

What do you think it is about blockchain that makes it ideal for for a stock photo platform?

I'm still interested in learning more about the teams thoughts on this.

Sorry for late reply, but thank you for the question.

So the most prominent thing about blockchain is that it allows transactions to be peer to peer. The problem with current stock photography platforms is that by uploading a photo to them, you are in fact giving your right of ownership over to them and then they have the rights to sell at their own price, decide on licensing type etc... With our p2p platform you keep the ownership of your own images, thus being able to set your own pricing and your own licensing type.

Also blockchain allows speed of payment. In many existing platforms, you are paid once per month for all the licenses sold during the month. But why? Again this comes down to you no longer having ownership, so you are in fact invoicing the stock photography platform for a royalty fee. Blockchain allows instant payments in a matter of seconds.

Blockchain also allows better copyright protection services. In current stock photography platforms, a manual team of people and compare if photos are copies of each other. However, this is time consuming and expensive. Blockchain allows each uploaded image to be analysed and compared to each other image in the decentralized database in a few moments to check for copyright infringement. A decentralized digital chain of ownership is maintained and therefore any image uploaded not by the indicated owner is immediately known.

All this improvement in services is what allows fees charged to photographers to be reduced from as much as 90% down to as little as 5%. Blockchain essentially automises, transfers data more efficiently and helps keep track of ownership much more effectively than existing systems can.

Dang I honestly didn't expect the reasoning for blockchain to be so solid as this. You've fully laid out not only why it could work, but why it's obviously an eventuality. The ownership of your product is of utmost importance.
Dreaming

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 08:06:11 PM

With $41m and our business plan, we could blow our competitors well out the water! Unfortunately it is 41 million PHOTON tokens sold  Grin Grin

Oh duh, I'm an idiot. At roughly $.10 per token, $4m in the presale alone is still a very good start. If you had to end the sale now, how do you think you could fair on these funds? Could it last until company profitability?
photochain (OP)

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 08:17:07 PM

At this point it's obvious blockchain has an insane amount of useful scenarios.

What do you think it is about blockchain that makes it ideal for for a stock photo platform?

I'm still interested in learning more about the teams thoughts on this.

Sorry for late reply, but thank you for the question.

So the most prominent thing about blockchain is that it allows transactions to be peer to peer. The problem with current stock photography platforms is that by uploading a photo to them, you are in fact giving your right of ownership over to them and then they have the rights to sell at their own price, decide on licensing type etc... With our p2p platform you keep the ownership of your own images, thus being able to set your own pricing and your own licensing type.

Also blockchain allows speed of payment. In many existing platforms, you are paid once per month for all the licenses sold during the month. But why? Again this comes down to you no longer having ownership, so you are in fact invoicing the stock photography platform for a royalty fee. Blockchain allows instant payments in a matter of seconds.

Blockchain also allows better copyright protection services. In current stock photography platforms, a manual team of people and compare if photos are copies of each other. However, this is time consuming and expensive. Blockchain allows each uploaded image to be analysed and compared to each other image in the decentralized database in a few moments to check for copyright infringement. A decentralized digital chain of ownership is maintained and therefore any image uploaded not by the indicated owner is immediately known.

All this improvement in services is what allows fees charged to photographers to be reduced from as much as 90% down to as little as 5%. Blockchain essentially automises, transfers data more efficiently and helps keep track of ownership much more effectively than existing systems can.

Dang I honestly didn't expect the reasoning for blockchain to be so solid as this. You've fully laid out not only why it could work, but why it's obviously an eventuality. The ownership of your product is of utmost importance.

Speaking as not Photochain, but as an individual, the reason I joined the project was that it was one of the most complete blockchain business models I had ever seen. Not something way in the future either, something for the here and now - and to disrupt an existing business that is more than ripe for decentralized disruption.
photochain (OP)

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 08:20:26 PM

Oh duh, I'm an idiot. At roughly $.10 per token, $4m in the presale alone is still a very good start. If you had to end the sale now, how do you think you could fair on these funds? Could it last until company profitability?

This is tough to say. Honestly our development budget is nowhere near as extreme as other projects - even more so considering we've developed a prototype with no budget at all (this was developed only way before we started raising funds).

However, marketing ourselves around the world is where we expect a lot of our budget to go towards. Unfortunately in the modern day, you do need to do a significant amount of marketing to succeed. And marketing is not cheap!
Crypto_Man1212

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 08:20:40 PM

Where can we stay most up to date on Photochain?

All our most important updates are on out Medium blog (https://medium.com/photochain) or on our Subreddit (www.reddit.com/r/photochain)

Nice. I love a good active Medium blog. So much to learn.

I was wondering if there are any estimates on token value growth?
photochain (OP)

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 08:32:33 PM

Where can we stay most up to date on Photochain?

All our most important updates are on out Medium blog (https://medium.com/photochain) or on our Subreddit (www.reddit.com/r/photochain)

Nice. I love a good active Medium blog. So much to learn.

I was wondering if there are any estimates on token value growth?

It's difficult to say. But token value growth should reflect number of transactions on the platform. In this image here https://ibb.co/nqis9S (also in Whitepaper) you can find our projected growth in transaction number on the Photochain platform over the next 5 years.
AzrailBogov

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 10:36:25 AM

It is really interesting and I hope most investors will get to see the great potential in this one. The great features alone are enough to tickle anyone into investing anyway. I believe the team should be able to deliver this superbly. Grin
AzrailBogov

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 10:38:18 AM

I think that all this still is not enough for further development. But I am also confident that you will still collect a good amount, all ahead! Wink
photochain (OP)

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 03:31:35 PM

I think that all this still is not enough for further development. But I am also confident that you will still collect a good amount, all ahead! Wink

Thank you! With the quality of our project and the strength in depth of our team and advisors we are still very confident of reaching our hard cap!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: