Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 02:39:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [POOL] GigaRho Profit-Switching Multipool (Scrypt,x11,sha256,neoscrypt,blake2s)  (Read 2727 times)
nazzer

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 12:29:17 AM

Thanks for the updates.

I've set diff 15000 for the S9's now, this gives about 10 shares per minute - not sure if you had a target share rate you want to hit.
Mainly just want them to be stable with temp, and not kicking off a ton of errors - the vardiff has me at 262K on the S9 and it seems to be running fairly smoothly, I assume you manually set yours to 150000. I can try that - I didn't really have a target share rate in mind. Essentially assume that if I am hashing well (solid there), efficiently (also looks ok), and not throwing a bunch of HW errors then I am fine. It's creeping back up into the low 80c on the boards and prefer to keep them in the 70's if possible. As mentioned - on Slush it hashes at 14.5 but temps in mid to low 70c.

I'll try putting a couple of the S9's to vardiff and see

Vega 56 | Vega 64 | RX580 | GTX1070 | 1050Ti | S9 | L3+

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
GEBucky
Copper Member

Activity: 127
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 12:30:19 AM

Thanks for the quick response - I really appreciate it. I assumed the payout might be timing related. Will have the other L3's up tomorrow.

I am using the native Antminer firmware so perhaps that's part of the issue. I will Look into Awesome miner - been meaning to given the number of rigs I have now (thank you solar power). The S9 is now running in the mid to high 70's which is ok. Do you suggest leaving it on Vardiff and not setting the diff manually? Still throwing quite a few errors on each board (a few hundred a day if I extrapolate). I realize HW errors are normal but the first tray a few days ago was well above that. Good thing is that it appears stable and overall error rate is 0.0006% so probably not something to worry about. Let me look into Awesome miner - have no idea how to enable API access but suspect their documentation will walk me through that.

We just did an update that applies a more proper standard difficulty to sha256. We are going to monitor this value, see what miners/equipment are connected and fine tune the value to accommodate as many devices as possible. As far as a number for the S9, I've seen many different theories on the matter personally and it has changed a bit depending on tech and year we are in. Long ago it used to be for every Terahash the device uses to multiply that number by 1024. Nicehash recommends d=1,000,000 for 100TH/s (so the scaling is a bit different) and I've seen people suggest d=262,000 for the S9 as also acceptable. There are several different S9 models as far as how much the chips were OC'd by Bitmain which leads to a more personal difficulty recommendation based on how your machine is performing in the state its in.

As far as hardware errors, I've had certain machines whose sisters produce 10x the amount of HW errors as the same model they were shipped with. A lot of it is strictly the machine and usually doesn't affect performance (MH/TH, etc) unless there is more wrong.

Awesome miner is decent for monitoring and applying changes to a vast amount of available miners. They do have online documentation that walks through API access for Antminers, I'll link it here.

Also it does appear your LTC payout went through normally.

Cheers  Smiley

yep - all good. Cheers
kikko73

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 02:41:25 AM

My wallet 16M2N4TEURyAPDa9jznQwpFPZ34UowPUn6  balance is stuck it does not move at all.
GigaRho (OP)

Activity: 83

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2018, 02:50:54 AM

My wallet 16M2N4TEURyAPDa9jznQwpFPZ34UowPUn6  balance is stuck it does not move at all.

Hello,

After looking at the address you provided, it seems that you just restarted mining on that account around 11 hrs ago. Your pending balance is rising, but confirmed balances take around 24hrs to confirm and be eligible for the payout ready balance. The balance should begin confirming around 10am EST tomorrow or about 24 hrs after the time you started mining.
GEBucky
Copper Member

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 06:34:59 PM

I am trying to get my 2PACs USB sticks running on CGMiner. Clearly need to set the diff low - have it at 512 but am getting constant restarts. Hashrate is about 75ghz on one machine and 45 on the other. They run, but get a pool restart at least once a minute. Any ideas?

Thanks

also moved my S9 to d=133K to see if it reduces the errors. Will let you know how that goes. Will add 2 T9's tonight and see how they behave.

GigaRho (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2018, 07:01:49 PM

I am trying to get my 2PACs USB sticks running on CGMiner. Clearly need to set the diff low - have it at 512 but am getting constant restarts. Hashrate is about 75ghz on one machine and 45 on the other. They run, but get a pool restart at least once a minute. Any ideas?

Thanks

also moved my S9 to d=133K to see if it reduces the errors. Will let you know how that goes. Will add 2 T9's tonight and see how they behave.

I'd say that it has to do with change in job size/difficulty that we switched sha256 over to yesterday. In order to be more friendly to the S9s and other machines around that caliber, the job size needs to be bigger so it isn't flooding them as much. Originally we had planned to do two separate ports, one for low-diff machines, one for high-diff. What we will try to do now is tune the value for the live algo after we have enough data from what is currently hashing on the algo and see about adding a lower-difficulty port for machines such as your 2PACs usb that would benefit. Our main concern with that was to ensure it records everything properly, in terms of earnings, before we try to push that live. It is on our list of things to add, hopefully shouldn't be too far out.

Also do you notice a difference in the S9 currently? Temps decent, etc?
GEBucky
Copper Member

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 10:45:30 PM

Thanks

I'd say that it has to do with change in job size/difficulty that we switched sha256 over to yesterday. In order to be more friendly to the S9s and other machines around that caliber, the job size needs to be bigger so it isn't flooding them as much. Originally we had planned to do two separate ports, one for low-diff machines, one for high-diff. What we will try to do now is tune the value for the live algo after we have enough data from what is currently hashing on the algo and see about adding a lower-difficulty port for machines such as your 2PACs usb that would benefit. Our main concern with that was to ensure it records everything properly, in terms of earnings, before we try to push that live. It is on our list of things to add, hopefully shouldn't be too far out.

I had a typo above - I set my S9 to 13.3K (not 133K). WU up significantly , HW errors down and temps ok so looks like it's a better setting so far.

agree that the 2PACs are of secondary concern - they stop after an hour. Will wait for new low diff port when available. Happy to test it out as not much risk with those Wink. For now will just point them to Mulipool as he has a low diff port.
GEBucky
Copper Member

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 04:32:32 AM
Last edit: February 09, 2018, 04:55:43 AM by GEBucky

Thanks

I had a typo above - I set my S9 to 13.3K (not 133K). WU up significantly , HW errors down and temps ok so looks like it's a better setting so far.

agree that the 2PACs are of secondary concern - they stop after an hour. Will wait for new low diff port when available. Happy to test it out as not much risk with those Wink. For now will just point them to Mulipool as he has a low diff port.

S9 at 32K has really lowered HW errors to be almost irrelevant - running nice and cool. - The T9 is an inefficient hi voltage beast that wouldn't go below 80c if you ran it on the North Pole so not too worried about that but need more time to play with it. With vardiff it was rolling over to backup pool a lot and acceptance rate was really low. Haven't had time to play with optimizing my WU or shares/minute on T9 (busy at day job that pays for all this crap). I am just OCD so like the lower HW errors and have WU at 190K on S9 and . Low rejects, good acceptance rate, etc so all around much better. Will play with dropping the T9 down to about 16K tonight. Neither rig really liked 256K - both are new running Nov firmware. Will spin up the other S9's and T9's tomorrow - not sure how much of your pool you want me consuming so I will certainly back off if needed. Currently just over 20pct on pool on SHA (a few MRR on there as tests also), but I would pretty quickly go above 50 if I light everything up.

The L3's run like butter on the pool - way better an any other pool I have had them pointed to (every other multipool out there). So you have nailed it there. Nice job. Have 6 more of those I will spin up soon your way. I am only 2pct of pool with two L3's so you clearly have a lot more Scrypt running than SHA.

nazzer

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 07:17:24 AM

Thanks

S9 at 32K has really lowered HW errors to be almost irrelevant - running nice and cool. - The T9 is an inefficient hi voltage beast that wouldn't go below 80c if you ran it on the North Pole so not too worried about that but need more time to play with it. With vardiff it was rolling over to backup pool a lot and acceptance rate was really low. Haven't had time to play with optimizing my WU or shares/minute on T9 (busy at day job that pays for all this crap). I am just OCD so like the lower HW errors and have WU at 190K on S9 and . Low rejects, good acceptance rate, etc so all around much better. Will play with dropping the T9 down to about 16K tonight. Neither rig really liked 256K - both are new running Nov firmware. Will spin up the other S9's and T9's tomorrow - not sure how much of your pool you want me consuming so I will certainly back off if needed. Currently just over 20pct on pool on SHA (a few MRR on there as tests also), but I would pretty quickly go above 50 if I light everything up.

The L3's run like butter on the pool - way better an any other pool I have had them pointed to (every other multipool out there). So you have nailed it there. Nice job. Have 6 more of those I will spin up soon your way. I am only 2pct of pool with two L3's so you clearly have a lot more Scrypt running than SHA.

Agreeing with GEBucky here - I've set my S9's to 32k diff for the past day or so. Share rate is 1 every 10 seconds, which seems to be optimal for a lot of coins on the pool.

The coins with faster TTF or block times may not be optimal as I believe those would lead to sub-optimal work restarts; I believe this is accounted for by the pool management software already though.

Throughput is averaging above 13 TH/sec for the 13.5TH S9, so all good there. Last couple of days getting better returns than Slushpool with same number of miners.

GEBucky
Copper Member

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 09:06:44 AM
Last edit: February 09, 2018, 09:22:40 AM by GEBucky

Thanks

Agreeing with GEBucky here - I've set my S9's to 32k diff for the past day or so. Share rate is 1 every 10 seconds, which seems to be optimal for a lot of coins on the pool.

The coins with faster TTF or block times may not be optimal as I believe those would lead to sub-optimal work restarts; I believe this is accounted for by the pool management software already though.

Throughput is averaging above 13 TH/sec for the 13.5TH S9, so all good there. Last couple of days getting better returns than Slushpool with same number of miners.

good to see you are getting similar results. I am getting at least a share every 10 seconds at 32K on S9. Double that on T9 at 13K but that's to be expected and T9 can handle lower diffs given it's higher voltage (and power consumption). Also did some math and seems that returns  are better than straight BTC mining (perhaps quite a bit but will give it a few days), and also better than other Scrypt options for L3's. Not a big fan of being left with a ton of coins I can't use (Mulitpool). A little off topic (more to thread above), but man did Awesome Miner behave anything but awesome. I let it have privileged access to all 6 running rigs and my S9's kept shutting down completely. It also seemed to do weird things to my L3's. I removed everything from AM and shut down my Windows VM, then hard rebooted all rigs. So far so good but that was a bit scary. Don't see much advantage to privilege mode with Antminers anyway - I will stick with jumping into my local running mac and managing the machines that way. I am pretty good at following instructions but that was just weird - haven't ever had a shutdown on the S9's until tonight.
GigaRho (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2018, 08:19:33 PM

good to see you are getting similar results. I am getting at least a share every 10 seconds at 32K on S9. Double that on T9 at 13K but that's to be expected and T9 can handle lower diffs given it's higher voltage (and power consumption). Also did some math and seems that returns  are better than straight BTC mining (perhaps quite a bit but will give it a few days), and also better than other Scrypt options for L3's. Not a big fan of being left with a ton of coins I can't use (Mulitpool). A little off topic (more to thread above), but man did Awesome Miner behave anything but awesome. I let it have privileged access to all 6 running rigs and my S9's kept shutting down completely. It also seemed to do weird things to my L3's. I removed everything from AM and shut down my Windows VM, then hard rebooted all rigs. So far so good but that was a bit scary. Don't see much advantage to privilege mode with Antminers anyway - I will stick with jumping into my local running mac and managing the machines that way. I am pretty good at following instructions but that was just weird - haven't ever had a shutdown on the S9's until tonight.

I'm glad to hear the results have been better, but also a bit surprised to hear that about Awesome miner. It has worked decent for everyone I know who uses it, maybe the paid version is a bit more stable when handling API access? If it does personally give you results like you mentioned, its probably not worth the risk.

On that point, thank you for the feedback on how your machines are reacting to our changes/systems. We'll continue monitoring to ensure the numbers are as decent as they can be and that the people who connect have a smooth experience.

Now that we have a larger number of miners directed at each algo, we are working through a list of other cryptos that can be added to each algo. Over the next few days especially we are performing an upgrade to each option that should help profitability. Hopefully BTC prices and altcoins also stabilize in terms of their values so we have a better outlook going forward.
GEBucky
Copper Member

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 09:28:46 PM

I'm glad to hear the results have been better, but also a bit surprised to hear that about Awesome miner. It has worked decent for everyone I know who uses it, maybe the paid version is a bit more stable when handling API access? If it does personally give you results like you mentioned, its probably not worth the risk.

On that point, thank you for the feedback on how your machines are reacting to our changes/systems. We'll continue monitoring to ensure the numbers are as decent as they can be and that the people who connect have a smooth experience.

Now that we have a larger number of miners directed at each algo, we are working through a list of other cryptos that can be added to each algo. Over the next few days especially we are performing an upgrade to each option that should help profitability. Hopefully BTC prices and altcoins also stabilize in terms of their values so we have a better outlook going forward.

Ya - I was surprised also. I did get the pro paid version. I may give it another shot - was getting a little late so just hit reboot for now. It doesn't seem super easy to manage the Antimer's configuration with the app other than switching pools (i.e. changing existing pool parameters). I think I would need to import my pools to Awesome Miner and then tell the Ants to use those. The fact I didn't do that may have been part of the problem. I was also using the native Antminer console while Awesome Miner was running (didn't change anything) so that may have created the problem. If I can indeed really manage them remotely will be nice - I also have a couple of large GPU Eths on the way so using some of the features for those rigs could be very handy. Seems like the product is really centered on GPU, coin and also switching and Antiminer support was sort of bolted on. I will keep you in the loop as things progress. 32K seems like a sweet spot. Lowered the T9 to 16K overnight but it clearly runs better at 32K also.
One thing I have noticed - is that since I used Awesome Miner, then disconnected it, it appears my L3's are running at a way higher diff. My "Found Blocks" has come down an order of magnitude since last night. Everything else seems fine - may be a change on your end but just seems odd. Hoping it didn't' leave any residual effects on the machines. I did a full unplug reboot so think that shuts the Privileged API off, and Awesome Miner isn't running. I was getting 40 - 50 found blocks/day per L3 (no d= setting) previously and since last night I have 11 between the two. Diff is set by you at 199K for both currently - one is overclocked to 550 Mhs and it occasionally jumps up to >200K. Not sure if that's a problem or not. Otherwise things look fine. Around 6K shares accepted across both L3's in 12 hours, but only 18 blocks found. Previously would have been more like 80 in that timeframe.
kikko73

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 11:41:59 PM

My wallet 16M2N4TEURyAPDa9jznQwpFPZ34UowPUn6 is  stuck. No paiment at payout time?
GigaRho (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2018, 12:42:03 AM

My wallet 16M2N4TEURyAPDa9jznQwpFPZ34UowPUn6 is  stuck. No paiment at payout time?

Hello,

After looking at your BTC wallet that you listed, you are currently at 0.00805947 BTC Balance, which is below the payout balance of 0.01, however tomorrow is Sunday and we do our minimum weekly payout threshold of 0.001. The next payout cycle should be when your payment is triggered in the system. We'll monitor tomorrow to ensure it happens as it should.

kikko73

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 08:30:44 AM

ok nice Smiley

do yo support DASH payment ?
GigaRho (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2018, 08:29:10 PM

ok nice Smiley

do yo support DASH payment ?

At the moment we do not support Dash for payouts. We have a list that we want to eventually enable as we expand our infrastructure. Dash is definitely up at the top of the list and we'll have more information as we get closer to that point. Thanks for the input Smiley
martin209

Activity: 1

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 04:23:46 AM

My wallet 12MNdQsXMPwvxV6emrWZKvKeWP5uyQN7sJ is  stuck. No paiment at payout time?
nazzer

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 04:27:39 AM

Profitability of SHA256 has taken a huge hit in the past 24-48 hours ...  might be time to see what's going on there.

Low value coins, fast block times, orphans ... or just plain bad luck?

GigaRho (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2018, 04:29:44 AM

My wallet 12MNdQsXMPwvxV6emrWZKvKeWP5uyQN7sJ is  stuck. No paiment at payout time?

Hello,

After checking that wallet's related balance, it appears that it didn't hit the 0.01 BTC threshold at payout time today. It seems to have only been eligible around an hour ago. We announced on the website earlier that our Sunday minimum threshold was pushed back to Monday, but regardless that balance is now over our normal 0.01 BTC amount and should payout at the next scheduled time.
GigaRho (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2018, 04:46:58 AM

Profitability of SHA256 has taken a huge hit in the past 24-48 hours ...  might be time to see what's going on there.

Low value coins, fast block times, orphans ... or just plain bad luck?

We have already noticed this. Around 30 hours ago we enabled DigiByte (DGB) (was a user requested coin) on sha256 due to an increase in miners/hardware and with the difficulty of finding DGB on the weekend being decent enough for our users. It has since been disabled temporarily (as of noon EST on Feb 11th) as the number of machines and the difficulty don't make the wait in-between finding blocks worthwhile as luck is not enough. That being said the profitability "figures" should definitely normalize once DGB earnings are no longer reflected in the last 24 hr actual calculations (around noon EST on Feb 12). Presently the pool is not trying to find DGB and is earning around what it did before DGB was implemented. We try to adjust to what miners show up in an attempt to keep profitability decent, and when machines actually stay mining for longer periods of time we can make those adjustments knowing what hashrate is expected to be there. The price changes in BTC and sha256 alts also adds a bit to that number difference. We are still looking at quite a list of other coins to add that are going through our review process currently and will be added when ready.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: