Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 02:15:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [POOL] GigaRho Profit-Switching Multipool (Scrypt,x11,sha256,neoscrypt,blake2s)  (Read 2761 times)
GEBucky
Copper Member

Activity: 127
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 06:25:50 PM

You might want to update you main page then - it lists available payout coins (DGB and XVG being on the fairly long list). Maybe I read it wrong but I didn't see anything clearly calling them out as not "guaranteed". Would be helpful is that was clearer. Not a huge deal - I am going to flip everything back as I am not even sure you are mining DGB at the moment (saw on earlier post you had pulled it - might have just been on one algo). But would prefer not to have things hung up for extended period.

Thank you for catching that, we are in the process of creating a knowledgebase for the site to further explain such things. Now that I know you are interested in those two specifically we'll try to support them sooner than others. Also we only disabled DGB for mining on sha256 as it was affecting profitability. It is still on Scrypt, but doesn't have great profitability at the moment so we don't search for it too often. That changes daily, and also they have a rather important update happening soon which will force an upgrade at that time.
Thanks. I switched everything back to BTC last night but do have unconfirmed balances for DGB and XVG. Once I hear that their is support for them I may switch a few rigs back to payout in those coins
Stumptown99

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 07:55:55 PM

Today my live balance reduce by 20% after 5 MonkeyProjec coins were removed from my immature balance. Can you explain why awarded coins would be reversed?La4GfpSgDgrxGuE15KkUDptAL1Nw6UWSSw

Hello,

For a period of about an hour, the MONK coin daemon created orphan blocks that artificially grew balances when the system believed they were real for a short period. The issue was fixed as soon as possible and it should now be functioning properly from this point on. MONK is a pretty large profit coin and is usually very difficult to find in comparison to other options that bring in regular and stable growth. The live x11 status page is the best place to see when these orphaned blocks happen if they do. The wallet page does not reflect any orphan blocks, but we leave them visible on the other page so you know what actually happened to each specific block.

We are working on something to make it more clear if situations like this ever do happen, but it is very rare regardless. I apologize for not updating site status sooner to inform of the situation, but we wanted to review everything on the backend to ensure it is fine moving forward.

Thank you for the detail

I am concerned that both my total and pending balance have not moved for about 6 hours. Is their an issue related to balance update?

Also what should my expectation be for daily LTC payment running 10 D3 & 1 L3+. Using your site for 48 hours and return about .51 LTC total, at the last site I was earning .45 LTC per day.

My 24hr payouts are 50% of my expectation at .22 & .29 LTC. I am generating very few x11 coins with 10 each D3 19.3 gh. Any suggestions to improve my payouts?
GigaRho (OP)

Activity: 83

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2018, 08:11:21 PM

My 24hr payouts are 50% of my expectation at .22 & .29 LTC. I am generating very few x11 coins with 10 each D3 19.3 gh. Any suggestions to improve my payouts?

The past few days have been generally rough for most of the coins on x11 in terms of value/exchange rate while LTC and BTC have risen during the whole LitecoinCash pump. With the downtime of x11 and the MONK issue yesterday x11 did not perform ideally, but we are looking at what other options as far as coins are a solid option. The 24hr estimate right now is promising and whatever else we can find on top of that will be helpful. We are going to be more strict in our deployment of new coin options to ensure issues stay to a bare minimum.
GEBucky
Copper Member

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 07:55:15 PM

SHA returns appear to be slightly below straight BTC mining at the moment - I have 100Thz on Hashflare that has been paying (before fees) between .0092 and .0096 BTC per day. It's split across three pools. Interesting as Coinwartz and Cryptocompare (at 0pct pool feel) shows BTC at 0.00836 so not sure how updated their calcs are. I highly doubt difficulty on BTC has dropped so not sure why the large discrepancy but the real world returns don't lie. Hopefully can see the return here get closer to .01 or above Smiley
GigaRho (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2018, 08:15:42 PM

SHA returns appear to be slightly below straight BTC mining at the moment - I have 100Thz on Hashflare that has been paying (before fees) between .0092 and .0096 BTC per day. It's split across three pools. Interesting as Coinwartz and Cryptocompare (at 0pct pool feel) shows BTC at 0.00836 so not sure how updated their calcs are. I highly doubt difficulty on BTC has dropped so not sure why the large discrepancy but the real world returns don't lie. Hopefully can see the return here get closer to .01 or above Smiley

Each day is a different story, when BTC directly is up around 31% in value over a week it affects exchange rates of alts. Depending on if those alts follow BTC in value, stagnate, or fall effects their "profitability". Luck plays a factor, time, hashrate, momentary difficulty and much else. That being said, we have quite a few sha256 coins in testing right now to add which we believe will help. They will be rolled out as they appear ready for live usage. 3-4 have already been pushed live in the last few hours. We constantly look for new options, but my past experience shows that most of the time there are sha256 alts that are more profitable to mine than direct BTC.
GEBucky
Copper Member

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 08:19:48 AM

Each day is a different story, when BTC directly is up around 31% in value over a week it affects exchange rates of alts. Depending on if those alts follow BTC in value, stagnate, or fall effects their "profitability". Luck plays a factor, time, hashrate, momentary difficulty and much else. That being said, we have quite a few sha256 coins in testing right now to add which we believe will help. They will be rolled out as they appear ready for live usage. 3-4 have already been pushed live in the last few hours. We constantly look for new options, but my past experience shows that most of the time there are sha256 alts that are more profitable to mine than direct BTC.
Not complaining and plan to stick in here (I did have to give LCC a fun try last night - total scam alert as far as I can tell). I fundamentally believe there are higher returns in alts and realize it may not be every day. You run a great pool and are clearly focused on doing the best you can for your customers. That said, the steely and unemotional math is what it is so I will occasionally point that shit out. Keep doing what you are doing - great customer response, open communication when things aren't where you want them to be, and clear communication about what you are going to change for the better. That builds loyalty. I have every rig pointed right at you and would like to keep it that way Smiley
GEBucky
Copper Member

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 05:29:02 PM

Not sure my question about LCC support was a good one - lol. Certainly all signs point to scam alert. One crappy Russian exchange, no real volume and no way to create a wallet on the exchange. Hmm.  At $5 - $7 the optics are very profitable to mine. But you can't get rid of them so not sure they read the full Satoshi white paper  Cool
GigaRho (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2018, 06:06:35 PM

Not sure my question about LCC support was a good one - lol. Certainly all signs point to scam alert. One crappy Russian exchange, no real volume and no way to create a wallet on the exchange. Hmm.  At $5 - $7 the optics are very profitable to mine. But you can't get rid of them so not sure they read the full Satoshi white paper  Cool

We've been monitoring it closely as well, many aspects of LCC are very volatile right now and make it difficult to support until things become predictable. If things do change to the point where we feel comfortable knowing that it won't affect miner's earnings negatively, then it'll be considered for deployment soon after.

We've added a decent amount of cryptos in the past few days and are working through our list to see what else would be viable. Lots of options, just need them to actually benefit our community.
Stumptown99

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 12:29:50 AM

In the last hour I have received about 8 coins total with 10 D3's. Is their an issue with the site or other? My earnings haven't mover during the same period.
GigaRho (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2018, 12:47:48 AM

In the last hour I have received about 8 coins total with 10 D3's. Is their an issue with the site or other? My earnings haven't mover during the same period.

There is nothing wrong that I can see, SaveTheOcean (STO) reports a bit differently where it doesn't immediately notify the wallet page that is has been found like the other cryptos do. It takes roughly 15-25 minutes to mature and report as found. At the moment I'm seeing around 26 blocks (3 of those being STO), so I assume that the last hour had a few more that are in the maturation process. Some hours are slow as we try to find higher difficulty blocks, some hours produce many small ones. It all varies on hashrate and what coins the pool is trying to find based on the profitability of that moment.
Stumptown99

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 12:57:31 AM

There is nothing wrong that I can see, SaveTheOcean (STO) reports a bit differently where it doesn't immediately notify the wallet page that is has been found like the other cryptos do. It takes roughly 15-25 minutes to mature and report as found. At the moment I'm seeing around 26 blocks (3 of those being STO), so I assume that the last hour had a few more that are in the maturation process. Some hours are slow as we try to find higher difficulty blocks, some hours produce many small ones. It all varies on hashrate and what coins the pool is trying to find based on the profitability of that moment.

Ok I am used to earning .45-.55 LTC per day at other pools. At your pool I am consistently at .27 daily. How much of the variance is due to your site versus the recent difficulty increase?

Thank you for your consistent and quality communication.
GigaRho (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2018, 01:16:55 AM

Ok I am used to earning .45-.55 LTC per day at other pools. At your pool I am consistently at .27 daily. How much of the variance is due to your site versus the recent difficulty increase?

Absolutely and trust me we try to ensure that which coins we offer have the best outlook going forward. Each day becomes a different story based on not only coin difficulty, but also the profitability of those coins for that moment when it is found. On x11 specifically many coins have decreased in value relative to BTC's growth for the past few days and a couple have increased. The other factor becomes how many miners show up each day as they earn a share of what is found. The only factor that we have control over is what coins are put out there for our users to try and find. Everything else, price, difficulty, luck, etc is all external and we wish prices were where they were at in December, but with this rising difficulty prices haven't grown in parallel. We'll always be on the lookout for ways to improve things, especially what we think is the best fit for our community.

The number .27 you gave is based on how much is confirmed and paid to you in that day from your last matured balance payout. From what I can see, you still have a decent pending balance that is awaiting confirmation and also it seems you turn some machines on and off, so its hard for me to speculate what is going on without knowing your hashrate/machine average beyond the past 24hrs.

Regardless, our goal is to make sure we put good opportunities out there for everyone to find and we'll continue that.
Stumptown99

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 12:14:24 AM

Absolutely and trust me we try to ensure that which coins we offer have the best outlook going forward. Each day becomes a different story based on not only coin difficulty, but also the profitability of those coins for that moment when it is found. On x11 specifically many coins have decreased in value relative to BTC's growth for the past few days and a couple have increased. The other factor becomes how many miners show up each day as they earn a share of what is found. The only factor that we have control over is what coins are put out there for our users to try and find. Everything else, price, difficulty, luck, etc is all external and we wish prices were where they were at in December, but with this rising difficulty prices haven't grown in parallel. We'll always be on the lookout for ways to improve things, especially what we think is the best fit for our community.

The number .27 you gave is based on how much is confirmed and paid to you in that day from your last matured balance payout. From what I can see, you still have a decent pending balance that is awaiting confirmation and also it seems you turn some machines on and off, so its hard for me to speculate what is going on without knowing your hashrate/machine average beyond the past 24hrs.

Regardless, our goal is to make sure we put good opportunities out there for everyone to find and we'll continue that.

Last 24 hours I have earned 50% of prior day or .16 LTC with 10 x D3 19.3 GH. Any new updates? Any new coins? Will it help performance if I adjust my difficulty from 64 to 92? Any ideas for better performance would be great.
GigaRho (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2018, 01:33:46 AM
Last edit: February 26, 2018, 02:40:15 AM by GigaRho

Last 24 hours I have earned 50% of prior day or .16 LTC with 10 x D3 19.3 GH. Any new updates? Any new coins? Will it help performance if I adjust my difficulty from 64 to 92? Any ideas for better performance would be great.

I mentioned in my last post that we were going to be focusing on x11 and attempting to improve what we are able to improve. Since our last post, we have added a few new coins into the rotation and disabled a few that were causing "luck" to play too much of a factor. The results so far look promising as we have seen x11 go from hovering between 0.02-0.023 actual yesterday to now today it is currently sitting at 0.03393 mBTC/GH/day. We are still monitoring and helping out when and where we can.

A few notes, looking at your account that you listed previously, you have some periods of downtime (scrypt) and some on x11 as well. Not being live will of course affect daily rates. Also LTC is up in value 8-11% over the past 24hrs while Bitcoin and most x11 alts have stagnated or dropped so that exchange rate will naturally be a cause in daily difference. Another point I'd like to make is that even though you were paid 0.16156037 LTC today, you have 0.56LTC pending confirmation. In reality you have earned more than 0.16 in the past 24hrs, its just that the other x11 blocks haven't been confirmed or exchanged yet and are pending. Once they confirm and exchange it gets added to the balance.

We spent a lot of time recently researching x11 coin options that are able to be deployed. There are definitely a few more under evaluation to add if and when they become a confirmed benefit, but for now we have what we believe to be the best options that are sustainable. There aren't many things on your end that would improve the situation, its just where the x11 network is compared to months or even weeks ago. My goal is to make sure that you and the rest of our community can be mining the best options and we won't stop trying to get to that goal. The changes in the last 24 hrs will definitely help.
robl450

Activity: 126

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 12:34:15 PM
Last edit: February 26, 2018, 02:21:35 PM by robl450

What is API for this pool, I didn't see it listed on the site page
nazzer

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 04:25:09 PM

What is API for this pool, I didn't see it listed on the site page

It's the standard yiimp api - https://pool.gigarho.com/site/api

Vega 56 | Vega 64 | RX580 | GTX1070 | 1050Ti | S9 | L3+
GEBucky
Copper Member

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 09:23:28 AM

Not sure my question about LCC support was a good one - lol. Certainly all signs point to scam alert. One crappy Russian exchange, no real volume and no way to create a wallet on the exchange. Hmm.  At $5 - $7 the optics are very profitable to mine. But you can't get rid of them so not sure they read the full Satoshi white paper  Cool

We've been monitoring it closely as well, many aspects of LCC are very volatile right now and make it difficult to support until things become predictable. If things do change to the point where we feel comfortable knowing that it won't affect miner's earnings negatively, then it'll be considered for deployment soon after.

We've added a decent amount of cryptos in the past few days and are working through our list to see what else would be viable. Lots of options, just need them to actually benefit our community.
Just happy a real exchange opened so I could finally dump it. I did mine it for a day out of curiosity. Given the transaction time in moving it to the exchange today, it appears not much miner activity. Well, at least the forkers made some money Wink.

Nice to see the SHA hash picking up on the site. Good sign! Keep it up Smiley
kikko73

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 12:40:47 PM

Hi

How long it takes to the balance catch the pending balance?
I have been waiting now a long time and nothing happends..
wallet is LdbustKDoDTWYwbh2jxVV96MLD7Avk5d9N
GigaRho (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2018, 04:31:49 PM

Hi

How long it takes to the balance catch the pending balance?
I have been waiting now a long time and nothing happends..
wallet is LdbustKDoDTWYwbh2jxVV96MLD7Avk5d9N

Hello,

Pending balance is the amount of blocks that you are continuously finding, it seems like you had been mining steady and as a result your pending balance is growing. Also, it appears you had a period of downtime around 16-40 hrs ago at the time of this post and yesterday your balance wasn't moving because of the period of time you didn't mine on the pool. As you have returned, the balance begins to move again after the 24hr mark of your return of finding blocks with the pool. The pending "catching" the balance is all based on when blocks confirm and also how steady you stay connected to the pool to actually earn balance. Everything is working as it should and hopefully that answers your question.
GigaRho (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2018, 04:44:30 PM

Just happy a real exchange opened so I could finally dump it. I did mine it for a day out of curiosity. Given the transaction time in moving it to the exchange today, it appears not much miner activity. Well, at least the forkers made some money Wink.

Nice to see the SHA hash picking up on the site. Good sign! Keep it up Smiley

Yeah exchange support does seem to be increasing, but still not enough to make LCC that profitable. Also the hashrate and difficulty of the LCC network appear to have pretty volatile swings that just wouldn't be decent for profitability at the moment. At the time of this writing its about 3-4x more difficulty to find than DGB and its value is down a decent amount as well. With BTC up again the ratio is dwindling with people dumping LCC, not enough buy support on the exchanges to prop up value. Also some exchanges don't even allow deposits even though they have their markets for LCC open. We'll still keep watching to see if the situation changes, but for now we are doing a lot more coin evaluations to add/swap in when it makes profitability better.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: