Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 04:28:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [POOL] GigaRho Profit-Switching Multipool (Scrypt,x11,sha256,neoscrypt,blake2s)  (Read 2736 times)
GEBucky
Copper Member

Activity: 127
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 10:39:36 PM

Profitability of SHA256 has taken a huge hit in the past 24-48 hours ...  might be time to see what's going on there.

Low value coins, fast block times, orphans ... or just plain bad luck?

We have already noticed this. Around 30 hours ago we enabled DigiByte (DGB) (was a user requested coin) on sha256 due to an increase in miners/hardware and with the difficulty of finding DGB on the weekend being decent enough for our users. It has since been disabled temporarily (as of noon EST on Feb 11th) as the number of machines and the difficulty don't make the wait in-between finding blocks worthwhile as luck is not enough. That being said the profitability "figures" should definitely normalize once DGB earnings are no longer reflected in the last 24 hr actual calculations (around noon EST on Feb 12). Presently the pool is not trying to find DGB and is earning around what it did before DGB was implemented. We try to adjust to what miners show up in an attempt to keep profitability decent, and when machines actually stay mining for longer periods of time we can make those adjustments knowing what hashrate is expected to be there. The price changes in BTC and sha256 alts also adds a bit to that number difference. We are still looking at quite a list of other coins to add that are going through our review process currently and will be added when ready.
If it helps in your planning I will be dropping my SHA down by about 50% in 2 days. Currently I'm about 32% of the pool - will drop it to about 35Thz and plan to keep it there as long as results are good Smiley. The Neoscrypt will go away soon (I am all of that pool). Scrypt will stay at 2Ghz and also be steady state. Not healthy to be more than 15% of any pool so will dial it down a bit.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
GEBucky
Copper Member

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 06:44:45 AM

Profitability of SHA256 has taken a huge hit in the past 24-48 hours ...  might be time to see what's going on there.

Low value coins, fast block times, orphans ... or just plain bad luck?

We have already noticed this. Around 30 hours ago we enabled DigiByte (DGB) (was a user requested coin) on sha256 due to an increase in miners/hardware and with the difficulty of finding DGB on the weekend being decent enough for our users. It has since been disabled temporarily (as of noon EST on Feb 11th) as the number of machines and the difficulty don't make the wait in-between finding blocks worthwhile as luck is not enough. That being said the profitability "figures" should definitely normalize once DGB earnings are no longer reflected in the last 24 hr actual calculations (around noon EST on Feb 12). Presently the pool is not trying to find DGB and is earning around what it did before DGB was implemented. We try to adjust to what miners show up in an attempt to keep profitability decent, and when machines actually stay mining for longer periods of time we can make those adjustments knowing what hashrate is expected to be there. The price changes in BTC and sha256 alts also adds a bit to that number difference. We are still looking at quite a list of other coins to add that are going through our review process currently and will be added when ready.
If it helps in your planning I will be dropping my SHA down by about 50% in 2 days. Currently I'm about 32% of the pool - will drop it to about 35Thz and plan to keep it there as long as results are good Smiley. The Neoscrypt will go away soon (I am all of that pool). Scrypt will stay at 2Ghz and also be steady state. Not healthy to be more than 15% of any pool so will dial it down a bit.
Would also be interested in what you are seeing on your end. I have left the 4 L3's without a diff setting. Seem to be running fine but your vardiff has them set at 120k and above. Moved the s9/t9s to 20K and seems like it might be a sweeter spot. It's all a math game with WU, etc but if you see anything on your end that would help me optimize I am all ears Smiley
Gaenserich

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 12:00:52 PM

Hey, nice pool, I like design and digits Smiley

I'm wondering what is the proper setup on the pool for a nicehash worker? I've tried to test with nicehash testing utility the recommended settings for L3+ and it failed...
GEBucky
Copper Member

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 05:53:19 PM

Hey, nice pool, I like design and digits Smiley

I'm wondering what is the proper setup on the pool for a nicehash worker? I've tried to test with nicehash testing utility the recommended settings for L3+ and it failed...
I would also be very interested also. I have had no luck on NH with either SHA or Scrypt - have tried every conceivable diff setting and with and without #xsnub. For some reason the workers won't pick it up - I have even tried setting a very high price and no luck. Mining Rig Rentals works great. You do have to watch as will drop the pool occasionally and doesn't revert back from backup pool so have to manually switch it every so often.

Rental prices are dead cheap right now. I am having my solar re-done so I can get more capacity and it's actually significantly cheaper right now to rent S9s or L9s for a month on MRR than the cost of the power to run mine in Northern Ca. So shut the S9 and T9s off and got monthly leases on 3 machines. 3 S9s for a month was a little less than $1K. Power alone would have been $1300. Hate having machines just sitting there but ...
GigaRho (OP)

Activity: 83

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2018, 07:10:45 PM

I would also be very interested also. I have had no luck on NH with either SHA or Scrypt - have tried every conceivable diff setting and with and without #xsnub. For some reason the workers won't pick it up - I have even tried setting a very high price and no luck. Mining Rig Rentals works great. You do have to watch as will drop the pool occasionally and doesn't revert back from backup pool so have to manually switch it every so often.

Rental prices are dead cheap right now. I am having my solar re-done so I can get more capacity and it's actually significantly cheaper right now to rent S9s or L9s for a month on MRR than the cost of the power to run mine in Northern Ca. So shut the S9 and T9s off and got monthly leases on 3 machines. 3 S9s for a month was a little less than $1K. Power alone would have been $1300. Hate having machines just sitting there but ...

We actually have a couple users live on Scrypt right now using Nicehash and have had dozens use it over the last several weeks. I actually wrote a quick article on the main site to explain it, located here. There is even a picture of the connection details in the article which should be helpful.

As far as Nicehash for sha256, I have not seen a live user try it out yet, but the pool seems to pass the verification when I try it out using the same details except the sha256 port number and the recommended difficulty of d=1000000. Originally the sha256 difficulty of our pool was too low to play nicely with Nicehash, but it has since been adjusted and their pool verification passes our trial attempts. We'll probably give it a spin ourselves soon to ensure everything is also fine.

Going back to your other post, we don't necessarily see as much info about your devices as you do in the Antminer control panel. That being said I've seen many people on forums throughout the past year say that a set difficulty of 128,000 seems to be the sweet spot for the standard L3+ (assuming no Overclock of the chips). Personally I've tried a set difficulty of 128k and var diff and both seem to be decent when the pool sets a close value to that. Essentially the coin offerings, job size and other variables play a bit into what diff number is "perfect". If we get better info than what we have now, we'll be sure to update appropriately.
Gaenserich

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 10:16:56 PM

Here is the question Smiley When I set up either scrypt or x11 nicehash order, using BTC auto conversion, the pool always determines a conversion coin as Syscoin instead the BTC. I always use c=BTC notation and try 4 BTC addresses. Still no luck - syscoin. So what do you recommend to try?

UPD, Well I've got some luck with my NH address Smiley will stick with it for now.
GigaRho (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2018, 10:38:14 PM
Last edit: February 13, 2018, 11:01:18 PM by GigaRho

Here is the question Smiley When I set up either scrypt or x11 nicehash order, using BTC auto conversion, the pool always determines a conversion coin as Syscoin instead the BTC. I always use c=BTC notation and try 4 BTC addresses. Still no luck - syscoin. So what do you recommend to try?

UPD, Well I've got some luck with my NH address Smiley will stick with it for now.

Hello,

I looked into the system to see and I did in fact find an address that is currently mining using Syscoin as the payout. Your connection details look fine, the interesting thing is that when I perform a validateaddress on your BTC address its valid, and apparently Syscoin also thinks that is a valid address for it as well. Thank you for bringing this to my attention, and I have manually changed the system into now thinking you are a BTC address. We'll monitor your account as the balance begins to mature to ensure everything is smooth.

This is something we'll look into further, but I assume some SYS and BTC segwit addresses have similar formats, thus confusing the system. For the time being, we'll also disable SYS until we can confirm it isn't misunderstanding user's choice.

EDIT: Just wanted to add that since we made the change to BTC, your graph on the wallet page will appear a bit odd for the next 24 hrs while the system realizes the change in expected confirmations.
GEBucky
Copper Member

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 05:20:59 AM

We actually have a couple users live on Scrypt right now using Nicehash and have had dozens use it over the last several weeks. I actually wrote a quick article on the main site to explain it, located here. There is even a picture of the connection details in the article which should be helpful.

As far as Nicehash for sha256, I have not seen a live user try it out yet, but the pool seems to pass the verification when I try it out using the same details except the sha256 port number and the recommended difficulty of d=1000000. Originally the sha256 difficulty of our pool was too low to play nicely with Nicehash, but it has since been adjusted and their pool verification passes our trial attempts. We'll probably give it a spin ourselves soon to ensure everything is also fine.

Going back to your other post, we don't necessarily see as much info about your devices as you do in the Antminer control panel. That being said I've seen many people on forums throughout the past year say that a set difficulty of 128,000 seems to be the sweet spot for the standard L3+ (assuming no Overclock of the chips). Personally I've tried a set difficulty of 128k and var diff and both seem to be decent when the pool sets a close value to that. Essentially the coin offerings, job size and other variables play a bit into what diff number is "perfect". If we get better info than what we have now, we'll be sure to update appropriately.
thanks for the quick response - not too worried about the L3s - they all seem to be doing fine on the site. On MRR you do get kicked to the backup pool on  almost every rental at least once a day. Easy to go in to set you back to main pool but it's a little annoying  Not sure why you are dropping and MRR isn't great with reverting back to the high priority pool (I don't think they even attempt it). The native Antiimers go right back to you but MRR stays with the backup pool and has to be manually reset.
I will try again later with NH - last week I couldn't get either algo to work as I said. I tried SHA at 1M and still wouldn't pick it up.

GigaRho (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2018, 05:31:10 AM

thanks for the quick response - not too worried about the L3s - they all seem to be doing fine on the site. On MRR you do get kicked to the backup pool on  almost every rental at least once a day. Easy to go in to set you back to main pool but it's a little annoying  Not sure why you are dropping and MRR isn't great with reverting back to the high priority pool (I don't think they even attempt it). The native Antiimers go right back to you but MRR stays with the backup pool and has to be manually reset.
I will try again later with NH - last week I couldn't get either algo to work as I said. I tried SHA at 1M and still wouldn't pick it up.

Sure thing, we also will try sha256 on Nicehash soon to see how it goes, been stable with Scrypt so far. As far as the drop, we occasionally do a few updates/improvements that leads to a quick restart. We try to keep it to a extreme minimum, but sometimes its necessary to improve. If its anything major we try to give advanced notice and set a time if we expect it to be anything longer than a few seconds.

Also do you have any feedback on the Neoscrypt algo while you were on it? I'm curious what you think could use improvement.
GEBucky
Copper Member

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 07:18:59 AM

Sure thing, we also will try sha256 on Nicehash soon to see how it goes, been stable with Scrypt so far. As far as the drop, we occasionally do a few updates/improvements that leads to a quick restart. We try to keep it to a extreme minimum, but sometimes its necessary to improve. If its anything major we try to give advanced notice and set a time if we expect it to be anything longer than a few seconds.

Also do you have any feedback on the Neoscrypt algo while you were on it? I'm curious what you think could use improvement.
thanks  - the Neoscrypt was a MRR rental - the pool performed flawlessly so all good. And returned really well based on the rental price at the time. Didn't have a single drop or issue. Math on that algo isn't as good at the moment - not from your side but from the rental side. X11 is much better right now.

Just looked at my 4 L3's - they are very happy campers on your pool. The two that are overclocked (only at 550Mhz) have minimal HW errors - guess I should overclock all of them! Having dealt with Bitmain I am not sure that warranty is going to be that useful anyway after I get the machines back after 12 months Wink
Gaenserich

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 11:11:51 PM

Hi there!

PLS HELP!

I've rented a rig giving it a LTC address to convert to. Unfortunately pool decided that it is LeaCoin Sad Can you pls do something with that as I can't cancel the rent in MRR, can only give them other pool

the address LZgTamjbXWxVDvCHaZyAZY3fP3rrxzBxKj
thanx
GEBucky
Copper Member

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 11:13:49 PM

thanks  - the Neoscrypt was a MRR rental - the pool performed flawlessly so all good. And returned really well based on the rental price at the time. Didn't have a single drop or issue. Math on that algo isn't as good at the moment - not from your side but from the rental side. X11 is much better right now.

Just looked at my 4 L3's - they are very happy campers on your pool. The two that are overclocked (only at 550Mhz) have minimal HW errors - guess I should overclock all of them! Having dealt with Bitmain I am not sure that warranty is going to be that useful anyway after I get the machines back after 12 months Wink

Not sure if it's just an artifact of blocks getting confirmed taking longer but have been fairly steady state on SHA hash, and the payout numbers have been very consistent, but this is the first day in quite a few where my balance is short of the threshold. Kind of surprised just given that it's a relatively high volume of coins being mined so not clear on why it would take so much longer for things to get confirmed on a given day so randomly. Insight would be appreciated. Just we strange deviation from what's been a predicable trend.
GigaRho (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2018, 11:24:06 PM

Hi there!

PLS HELP!

I've rented a rig giving it a LTC address to convert to. Unfortunately pool decided that it is LeaCoin Sad Can you pls do something with that as I can't cancel the rent in MRR, can only give them other pool

thanx

Hello,

I looked at the address you linked, it seems that you put the password field as c=BTC, instead of c=LTC, so the system tried to find a valid coin that uses that address format LZgTamj.... and decided on LEA. That being said I have gone and changed it into LTC and it should convert over fine.

Just a note that the graph will appear awkward as the system originally thought LEA and is now using the Y-axis as LTC for the next 24 hrs beyond that point of switch.
GigaRho (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2018, 11:36:48 PM

Not sure if it's just an artifact of blocks getting confirmed taking longer but have been fairly steady state on SHA hash, and the payout numbers have been very consistent, but this is the first day in quite a few where my balance is short of the threshold. Kind of surprised just given that it's a relatively high volume of coins being mined so not clear on why it would take so much longer for things to get confirmed on a given day so randomly. Insight would be appreciated. Just we strange deviation from what's been a predicable trend.

There are a few things that I think could contribute to this, namely yesterday was a bit odd as C-bit had a very reduced difficulty compared to normal and as such our pool found a decent percentage yielding different proportions from other days previously. It has since stabilized so from this point onward we can try to assess the situation and see if it is more than just C-bit.

Pending balances take roughly 24 hrs to confirm from maturation of the found block, so today's numbers you see in your balance would be found blocks roughly 24-48 hrs ago or longer depending on confirmation time, this may be a bit of the residual "digibyte" effect when it caused a decrease in profitability while having bad luck finding that high difficulty coin. The 24 hr actual you see now should be a separate case compared to what has already matured.

We'll also look into this further to see if anything is off, but my best guess right now would be digibyte and missed opportunities as a result.
GEBucky
Copper Member

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 03:47:22 AM

There are a few things that I think could contribute to this, namely yesterday was a bit odd as C-bit had a very reduced difficulty compared to normal and as such our pool found a decent percentage yielding different proportions from other days previously. It has since stabilized so from this point onward we can try to assess the situation and see if it is more than just C-bit.

Pending balances take roughly 24 hrs to confirm from maturation of the found block, so today's numbers you see in your balance would be found blocks roughly 24-48 hrs ago or longer depending on confirmation time, this may be a bit of the residual "digibyte" effect when it caused a decrease in profitability while having bad luck finding that high difficulty coin. The 24 hr actual you see now should be a separate case compared to what has already matured.

We'll also look into this further to see if anything is off, but my best guess right now would be digibyte and missed opportunities as a result.

Thanks. Double word score for a very thoughtful and thorough answer. Certainly exceeded my expectations there - I didn't think anything questionable was happening, but it just seemed odd. The pending balance fine so I think you essentially nailed it.

I tried to ask a different question earlier and had it booted back by the"lords of the board" so going to word it differently and see how that goes. On MRR I have a choice of US, Europe, and typically Singapore for rigs. Do you have any suggestions about whether it matters or if one would be more optimal than the others on your site? My naive understanding is that with higher diffs the latency matters less, but would like to make sure I am as optimized as possible.

thanks again. I didn't back off the SHA as expected - assume you don't mind Smiley. Still bizarre it's cheaper to rent the entire rig for a month than run my own but so be it until solar gets fixed for the S9s and particularly the T9s
GigaRho (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2018, 04:02:40 AM

Thanks. Double word score for a very thoughtful and thorough answer. Certainly exceeded my expectations there - I didn't think anything questionable was happening, but it just seemed odd. The pending balance fine so I think you essentially nailed it.

I tried to ask a different question earlier and had it booted back by the"lords of the board" so going to word it differently and see how that goes. On MRR I have a choice of US, Europe, and typically Singapore for rigs. Do you have any suggestions about whether it matters or if one would be more optimal than the others on your site? My naive understanding is that with higher diffs the latency matters less, but would like to make sure I am as optimized as possible.

thanks again. I didn't back off the SHA as expected - assume you don't mind Smiley. Still bizarre it's cheaper to rent the entire rig for a month than run my own but so be it until solar gets fixed for the S9s and particularly the T9s

Absolutely, and no problem, there are many things going on so even with what I listed there are other factors like BTC exchange rate as its risen quite a bit in the past few days. Some alts follow while others are stagnant at the moment.

As far as MRR locations, I'd say USA is probably a best bet for multiple reasons besides just latency such as stability. Latency plays a bit of a factor when the pool is sending job shares to each miner and needs to speak back and forth to the equipment especially when being relayed through MRR in a "hands-off" sort of approach. The cost effectiveness of a plan then also needs to be taken into account, if Singapore for example were to be a much cheaper option to rent over a period of 24hrs, then you would need to decide if that latency is going to reduce the hashrate earnings beyond what other locations would.
Gaenserich

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 05:02:23 AM

Thanx! And sorry for the mess.

Hi there!

PLS HELP!

thanx

Hello,

I looked at the address you linked, it seems that you put the password field as c=BTC, instead of c=LTC, so the system tried to find a valid coin that uses that address format LZgTamj.... and decided on LEA. That being said I have gone and changed it into LTC and it should convert over fine.

Just a note that the graph will appear awkward as the system originally thought LEA and is now using the Y-axis as LTC for the next 24 hrs beyond that point of switch.
GEBucky
Copper Member

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 08:29:13 AM

Absolutely, and no problem, there are many things going on so even with what I listed there are other factors like BTC exchange rate as its risen quite a bit in the past few days. Some alts follow while others are stagnant at the moment.

As far as MRR locations, I'd say USA is probably a best bet for multiple reasons besides just latency such as stability. Latency plays a bit of a factor when the pool is sending job shares to each miner and needs to speak back and forth to the equipment especially when being relayed through MRR in a "hands-off" sort of approach. The cost effectiveness of a plan then also needs to be taken into account, if Singapore for example were to be a much cheaper option to rent over a period of 24hrs, then you would need to decide if that latency is going to reduce the hashrate earnings beyond what other locations would.

appreciate the feedback (once again) - as I said i pulled my SHA equipment waiting for solar to get to 30,000 kWh/month. Not easy in parts of california so in the middle of what I would describe as a creative process. Was really bizarre as I worded the original question (naively) differently regarding best location for rentals and I got "bitch slapped" big time by moderator. Lesson learned is don't ask where you are, ask where i need to be Wink. lol. I really don't care about the former. Seems like rigs from europe work just fine. My L3S are home and US based so all good. SHA all rented, mostly US and some europe. Like I said very cheap right now. Haven't tried the Singapore rigs much. Am kinda locked for a month then can fire mine back up so all good. Great pool - really have been impressed with the results, and the open and responsive feedback. Pretty good aquantance of one of the other SHA Multipool operators (do your own math on that easily solved riddle). But just can't be bothered to deal with 20 crappy coins I have to go convert.
What do you think about adding Litecoin Cash (if it happens) to the pool (I do NOT want to start a debate on whether it is legitimate, good, bad, whatever). I am a miner and indifferent to politics but it's an interesting addition to the SHA ecosystem from a strictly mining perspective. #Moderater - please don't yell at me again Smiley

all good on the BTC balance thing - it just got backed up from a confirmation perspective. Looks like tomorrow will be close to .04 so that certainly makes 1 day insignificant. I assume your cool with me being in the 35% range with SHA. I don't want to hammer the pool and am not hopping. Plan to stay steady in the 75-100Thz range if all good. A slight change in earlier strategy.
Gaenserich

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 08:53:49 AM

Again, thanx for the support and feedbacks. And a small question. Have you (or planning to have) some kind of API to automatically get user's earnings?
GEBucky
Copper Member

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 06:28:56 PM

Again, thanx for the support and feedbacks. And a small question. Have you (or planning to have) some kind of API to automatically get user's earnings?
See my response above - I think it answers your question, unless you were looking for a true api (ie. web service) but this return everything you need and wouldn't be hard to parse the HTML if you needed to put it into another format.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: