Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 03:03:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Antminer L3+ Blissz firmware (14/01/2018 v1.02 stable)  (Read 11911 times)
blissz (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 258

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 01:01:55 PM
Last edit: January 18, 2018, 10:12:01 AM by blissz
Merited by kebabman (3), OgNasty (1)

WARNING THIS FIRMWARE MIGHT VOID THE WARRANTY ON YOUR MINER

v1.02 :: 14/01/2018 :: L3+ recommended update

Download:
temporary removed, see last message in this topic

Upgrade instructions:
  • Recommended, at your current firmware, set the miner frequency at 350mhz before flashing.
  • Download the custom firmware. (don't unpack it)
  • Flash by going to "System" -> "Upgrade" -> "Flash new firmware image" and select the custom firmware.
  • When the reboot is complete: please clear your browser cache or use ctrl + f5 if you don't see the pages  properly loaded
  • Then check the advanced settings page and set the global values to the lowest voltage setting and 375mhz. From there increase your frequency to see how high you can go at the lowest voltage setting.
  • Start tweaking some more. See the profile suggestions below.

v1.02 L3+ version 14/01/2018:
- adds power usage (Watt) indication per chain in the mining status overview. Really useful for if you don't own a wattage meter
- cleaned kernel logging when not using all the pools
- cleaned API code for faster miner status update speed.

v1.01 L3+ version 13/01/2018:
- Fixed an issue where the status page was empty on lowest voltage setting.

v1.0 L3+ version 12/01/2018:
- first stable release  Cool
- reboot (and cool down) on too high temperatures (PCB temp > 85 deg celcius)
- optional: reboot on too high ASIC fail count
- optional: reboot on detection of low hashrate (if falls down 8% under the expected hashrate)
- now shows the voltage setting on the overview page
- fixed showing high FAN speed RPM's
- added option to mine the dev fee one time a day (increases daily profit a bit in case you run it on one pool)

v0.02 L3+ version 05/01/2018:
- awesome miner support / other API tools now compatible
- fixed frequency ranges in advanced miner page

First L3+ version 05/01/2018:
- Adds unlocked voltage global or individual per chain. Saves up to 20% energy usage compared to the stock firmware. (unit runs ~500Mh/s @ ~670watt)
- Adds frequency setting per individual chain.
- cgminer update to 4.10
- Adds 3 fan profile modes
- No more high fan speed durings startup
- Faster startup time
- Cleaned up web interface
- Cleaned up kernel log
- Possible to flash back to the default firmware (see guide below)
- Possible to change the stock fans for custom fans

know issues:
- Only tested on L3+. Unsure if this runs on the a normal L3 (non plus).

Important:
- As this firmware allows extreme overclocking / reduce fan speeds, I am not responsible for any damage to your miner. So flash at your own risk and please use the firmware wisely.
- There is a 1,5% mining fee as compensation for the effort I put into this project.

Some startup settings to get you going:

stock speeds @ low power -> silenced and improved miner lifetime (my personal preference)

Expected hashrate: 480MH/s to 540 MH/s
Expected power usage: 600 - 770 watt

set the global frequency at "375" and increase upto 425mhz (depends per unit how far it clocks stable), set the global voltage to "lowest". Now slowly increase the frequency from 375Mhz to 425 until you see HW errors. When you have a few HW errors an hour you found the sweet spot
set the fan speed to silent for silent operation.

More profiles to come...

Back to bitmain stock firmware:
In case you want to go back to the original firmware:
- set the voltage of all boards to 12 or 13 before flashing back (just to make sure...)
- download and flash the stock firmware image: https://shop.bitmain.com/support.htm?pid=0072017042706354248975UNDh65062D
- reset to defaults

Guide if your boards doesn't get recognized / if you accidently flashed the D3 firmware on your L3+
- set the global voltage to 13 (as it can be the case that your boards don't like a low voltage)
if that doesn't work:
- disconnect all hashing boards from the controller and start it up. Try to flash the stock firmware
Then reconnect the hashing boards.
- if flashing doesn't work: do the same but use the micro sd card recovery (see topic start).
- if the stock firmware doesn't work, have a look here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2383200.0 then your hashing boards needs to be recovered one by one.

Firmware recovery:
This is only needed if the miner doesn't boot anymore (In case you had a bad / interrupted) flash:
- get a microsd card
- write this image to it with win32diskimager: https://shop.bitmain.com/support.htm?pid=007201604120945219855QObfk20066C
- insert the micro sd card in the d3 controller board and power it on. The miner webinterface will come up again. (maybe under another ip)
- redownload the firmware and flash again.
- remove the micro sd card

Special thanks goes to:
- cryptonitro for this awesome new Antminer icon

D3 custom firmware available here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2346161.0

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
blissz (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 01:02:07 PM

reserved
blissz (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 01:04:09 PM
Last edit: January 05, 2018, 02:57:17 PM by blissz

As requested by a lot of people through PM, I am happy to announce the first Beta for the L3+. Please read the above carefully and let me know how it works for you Cool

Important: This have not been tested on a standard L3 (non plus). I am not sure if it will work, it might need a different build. Let me know if you're brave enough to try it
Littledragons

Activity: 294
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 02:43:18 PM

YESSS Im pumped!
Ill flash it up right now.

T r a x i o n                              TRADE AND EARN DURING PRE-ICO
TRANSITIONS YOU TO A CRYPTO-READY SOCIETY        Pre-Sale starts April 15, 2018
GITHUB     TELEGRAM     MEDIUM     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     REDDIT     YOUTUBE
blissz (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 02:45:23 PM

YESSS Im pumped!

Cheesy Let me know how it goes for you. You got a wattmeter?
Littledragons

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 03:05:37 PM

YESSS Im pumped!

Cheesy Let me know how it goes for you. You got a wattmeter?
I do I just got one of mine steady with low/no HW - Ill have to go check it really quick

Littledragons

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 03:23:56 PM

Welp - I was able to get 510 MHs on 394Mhz on the lowest setting - sadly it looks like my OG killawatt comitted sepuku and I cant get a reading for ya though - I figured I would at least report back that it does indeed work and no issues as far as I can tell!
Im about to flash it again on the 2nd machine I have. Ill report back with any progress.
I love the silent mode - definitely a must have for apartment living.
Does the addition of awesomeminer increase hash? Just curious as Ive had splendid success with the D3 version!
I followed your suggestion, its in the living room =D

blissz (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 03:37:05 PM

Welp - I was able to get 510 MHs on 394Mhz on the lowest setting - sadly it looks like my OG killawatt comitted sepuku and I cant get a reading for ya though - I figured I would at least report back that it does indeed work and no issues as far as I can tell!
Im about to flash it again on the 2nd machine I have. Ill report back with any progress.
I love the silent mode - definitely a must have for apartment living.
Does the addition of awesomeminer increase hash? Just curious as Ive had splendid success with the D3 version!
I followed your suggestion, its in the living room =D

Ok probably someone else will have a wattmeter to do some measurements. But good to hear it works well for you!
cryptonitro

Activity: 348
Merit: 119

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 03:39:10 PM

Hey, nice news , thanks to warn me about it
will test Smiley

got wattmeter but only 3 boards working , so may be not precise result

The only project make me believe ... Holochain
blissz (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 03:40:08 PM

will test Smiley

Thank, let me know how it works! You're still on 3 chains by the way? Or got that broken chain working again?
r00tdude

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 03:40:54 PM

Thanks for the firmware - before I load in on my rigs, how is the mining fee handled so I know what to expect? Any chance I can just pay up front and not have my mining interrupted? I rent my rigs and if the rigs change pools it will interrupt renting.

Thanks!

Bitrated user: r00tdude.
blissz (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 03:47:55 PM

Thanks for the firmware - before I load in on my rigs, how is the mining fee handled so I know what to expect? Any chance I can just pay up front and not have my mining interrupted? I rent my rigs and if the rigs change pools it will interrupt renting.

Thanks!

It's yet the same as on the D3's: 5 minutes after startup it will mine 1 minute and 50 seconds and then 2 hours on your configured pool. After those 2 hours, 1 min 50 on the dev pool again etc...
Regarding the rental: just indicate you have 1,5% less hashrate then calculated and it will be fine as your rigs will always be rented for a longer period...
Probably this firmware will allow you to save quite some energy (upto 20%) or allow you to overclock 5 to 10 percent more.
cryptonitro

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 03:48:37 PM

see that on logs , dont know if it s normal , can someone check to confirm ?

Code:
Jan  5 15:46:14 (none) local0.err cgminer: Invalid config option --bitmain-freq1: '_ant_reboot_switch_asic=false' is not a number
Jan  5 15:46:14 (none) local0.err cgminer: Invalid config option --bitmain-freq2: '' is not a number
Jan  5 15:46:14 (none) local0.err cgminer: Invalid config option --bitmain-freq3: '' is not a number
Jan  5 15:46:14 (none) local0.err cgminer: Invalid config option --bitmain-freq4: '' is not a number
Jan  5 15:46:14 (none) local0.err cgminer: Invalid config option --bitmain-voltage: '_ant_reboot_switch=false' is not a number
Jan  5 15:46:14 (none) local0.err cgminer: Invalid config option --bitmain-voltage1: '' is not a number
Jan  5 15:46:14 (none) local0.err cgminer: Invalid config option --bitmain-voltage2: '' is not a number
Jan  5 15:46:14 (none) local0.err cgminer: Invalid config option --bitmain-voltage3: '' is not a number
Jan  5 15:46:14 (none) local0.err cgminer: Invalid config option --bitmain-voltage4: '' is not a number

will test Smiley

Thank, let me know how it works! You're still on 3 chains by the way? Or got that broken chain working again?

yes still 0x0 for my 3rd board , try all chain and lot of flash , all cable etc ...

blissz (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 03:55:29 PM

see that on logs , dont know if it s normal , can someone check to confirm ?

Code:
Jan  5 15:46:14 (none) local0.err cgminer: Invalid config option --bitmain-freq1: '_ant_reboot_switch_asic=false' is not a number
Jan  5 15:46:14 (none) local0.err cgminer: Invalid config option --bitmain-freq2: '' is not a number
Jan  5 15:46:14 (none) local0.err cgminer: Invalid config option --bitmain-freq3: '' is not a number
Jan  5 15:46:14 (none) local0.err cgminer: Invalid config option --bitmain-freq4: '' is not a number
Jan  5 15:46:14 (none) local0.err cgminer: Invalid config option --bitmain-voltage: '_ant_reboot_switch=false' is not a number
Jan  5 15:46:14 (none) local0.err cgminer: Invalid config option --bitmain-voltage1: '' is not a number
Jan  5 15:46:14 (none) local0.err cgminer: Invalid config option --bitmain-voltage2: '' is not a number
Jan  5 15:46:14 (none) local0.err cgminer: Invalid config option --bitmain-voltage3: '' is not a number
Jan  5 15:46:14 (none) local0.err cgminer: Invalid config option --bitmain-voltage4: '' is not a number

will test Smiley

yes still 0x0 for my 3rd board , try all chain and lot of flash , all cable etc ...

Change some of your settings so it will save a valid config. Let me know if it works
cryptonitro

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 04:01:52 PM
Last edit: January 05, 2018, 04:18:58 PM by cryptonitro

yes because it was blank , i dont have those logs now

with 384 Mhz and lowest asic i think consumation is less about 30w~ per board.

blissz (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 04:06:25 PM

yes because it was blank , i dont have those logs now

with 384 Mhz and lowest asic i think consumation is less about 30~35w per board.

Sounds good! That means this saves 130 - 145 watts for 4 boards. Thanks for the input. I will experiment with some overclocking / overvolting tonight  Cool
Littledragons

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 04:08:20 PM

Thanks!

It's yet the same as on the D3's: 5 minutes after startup it will mine 1 minute and 50 seconds and then 2 hours on your configured pool. After those 2 hours, 1 min 50 on the dev pool again etc...
Regarding the rental: just indicate you have 1,5% less hashrate then calculated and it will be fine as your rigs will always be rented for a longer period...
Probably this firmware will allow you to save quite some energy (upto 20%) or allow you to overclock 5 to 10 percent more.
More than worth it IMO.

Especially with being able to clock it like crazy up or down.
I have actually just set it back to 13 v - to see what kind of clocks I could play up to, and got somewhere in the ballpark of 680 stable(ish).
I know its silly, but since then Ive been pushing up from 13 just to see what level it will spit HWs at me - and its so friggin high its obscene. Obviously not good for the machine, but interesting to know for sure.

EEM

Activity: 194
Merit: 32

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2018, 04:16:45 PM

Thanks!

Will the ASIC reboot before your 1.5 minutes of mining and than reboot for my 2 hours? Thank you for the answer. I have no experience with your soft.
Littledragons

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 04:17:45 PM

Thanks!

Will the ASIC reboot before your 1.5 minutes of mining and than reboot for my 2 hours? Thank you for the answer. I have no experience with your soft.
No it simply swaps pools and then swaps back over

CointoHash411

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 04:18:11 PM

Wondering if their is also Blissz firmware to allow all those D3's out there to mine other x algos without being locked to x11. This firmware does seem pretty awesome, an I will be testing it out on the L3+'s coming inbound.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: