Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:55:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What feature you want to see next?
auto tune each mining board - 45 (35.7%)
3 profile switch support (low noise, normal, high performance mode) - 13 (10.3%)
day / night speed schedule - 10 (7.9%)
pool balance / quota option - 9 (7.1%)
v2 configurable reboot on low hashrate / HW errors - 16 (12.7%)
DONE: cgminer v4.10 update - 4 (3.2%)
miner shutdown (+ on high temps) - 11 (8.7%)
better pool management - 9 (7.1%)
DONE:better awesome miner compatibility - 3 (2.4%)
move FAN settings to advanced page - 2 (1.6%)
<your idea> - 4 (3.2%)
Total Voters: 126

Pages: « 1 ... 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 [126]
  Print  
Author Topic: Antminer D3 Blissz firmware (10/12 v1.12 update)  (Read 125816 times)
tufail_74

Activity: 72
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 01:53:56 PM

I hope the dust is settled and let us request blissz to concentrate in finalization of V2

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
stangerm2

Activity: 26

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 03:25:03 PM

Without Bitmain's source none of this would be possible. Without cgminer's source, Bitmain couldn't have made the original product. Without many other packages also included and freely sourced cgminer couldn't have made their software etc.... The GPL exists for a reason, to stop people from stealing code and repackaging it as their own and to further advancement in a free and open way.

My man. Thank you, you get it.
stangerm2

Activity: 26

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 03:41:31 PM
Last edit: January 17, 2018, 03:51:42 PM by stangerm2

You know what, fuck it, Blissz do what you want man. I'm not going to bother you or mess with your project or your code. I just wanted to help you and contribute to the project but I re-read my posts and I've been a monster. I'm sorry for that. Do whatever you feel like. I'm not going to do anything.

Why were you such an asshole and then you go and retract it all and say fuck it? Did you just want to prove you could be a monster and get him to give in, and then once you saw you won you said fuck it?? Wow...
You know, he's helped us out a sure hell of a bunch more then you have.

I still think keeping the code closed is wrong, morally, yet I empathize with his concerns (Bitmain using the code, idiots trying to modify it and wreaking peoples gear, ext). Ultimately though, I changed my mind because I didn't like the person I was being and I was not proud of my means to the end attitude. I realize people here don't get software and certainly don't get open-source, generally speaking, but it's a progress thing and I see people don't get that, they keep thinking it's about the fee. I did get what I wanted, Blissz knows now and he will have to figure out for himself what is right and wrong. I got carried away in making this an ultimatum, when all I wanted to do was send a message.

https://i.imgur.com/Vg2lZTR.jpg
dalu1

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

Performing it is a better way of learning things

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2018, 08:39:54 PM

stangerm2  your altitude was a little strong, but it was for a good cause.  Open source benefits everybody.  I think you are doing fine.

--- Do you want to trade Crypto Currency with 0% commission?   Join https://masternodexchange.com/   ---
bitsolutions

Activity: 261
Merit: 257

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 02:01:04 AM

Hi All,

I wasn't aware of the GPL license, so I did some investigation last days. After reading the GPL licenses I can conclude that stangerm2 is right. So that means I do have to provide the modified sources as most of the current modifications are now build on top of a linked module in cgminer.

There are some consequences in releasing the source though:

- As far as I know, Bitmain is free to use these improvements in their current and their new products they will sell. I do hope they compensate these free goodies with a multi algorithm D3 firmware one day Smiley
- There will probably appear modified firmware binaries which can cause damaging your miners if the maker doesn't know what he's doing...
- I had plans to buy a S9 as there are a lot of requests and make a modified S9 version, but I might consider not to jump on that boat for now. (let's first see what will happen with the D3)

Legit alternatives instead of releasing the sourcecode

- I stop this project and take the binaries offline. I don't like this option, as the whole idea is to help improve the situations for the D3 owners.
- Temporary I take the binaries offline and I will write something from scratch / not linked to the sources of cgminer. This will take away the consequences, but a lot of time and effort (at least a month or two) will be put into something that will probably not lead to any improvements for you guys.

My proposal

- Although these consequences I will release source of a stable version (non BETA) that allow others to investigate the voltage / fan mods / fault check improvements I did. (devfee related code will be removed from the source). This allow others to look into the changes I did to make a binary for themselves without devfee.
BETA functionality will be left out of the source right now since it's not yet stable and will create dangerous situations when used in a wrong way. I might have to restrict the use of a BETA versions to a closed group instead of providing a public link to the BETA versions.

Happy mining Smiley

Ciao Blissz
To add some encouragement to getting the source released, I'll be issuing a DMCA takedown to have bitcointalk remove this thread for copyright violations in 24 hours if the complete corresponding source code for all the distributed firmware binaries is not uploaded by then. I am a one of a number of cgminer copyright holders.

Mining Software Developer.
deezhere

Activity: 16

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 02:33:10 AM

Hi All,

I wasn't aware of the GPL license, so I did some investigation last days. After reading the GPL licenses I can conclude that stangerm2 is right. So that means I do have to provide the modified sources as most of the current modifications are now build on top of a linked module in cgminer.

There are some consequences in releasing the source though:

- As far as I know, Bitmain is free to use these improvements in their current and their new products they will sell. I do hope they compensate these free goodies with a multi algorithm D3 firmware one day Smiley
- There will probably appear modified firmware binaries which can cause damaging your miners if the maker doesn't know what he's doing...
- I had plans to buy a S9 as there are a lot of requests and make a modified S9 version, but I might consider not to jump on that boat for now. (let's first see what will happen with the D3)

Legit alternatives instead of releasing the sourcecode

- I stop this project and take the binaries offline. I don't like this option, as the whole idea is to help improve the situations for the D3 owners.
- Temporary I take the binaries offline and I will write something from scratch / not linked to the sources of cgminer. This will take away the consequences, but a lot of time and effort (at least a month or two) will be put into something that will probably not lead to any improvements for you guys.

My proposal

- Although these consequences I will release source of a stable version (non BETA) that allow others to investigate the voltage / fan mods / fault check improvements I did. (devfee related code will be removed from the source). This allow others to look into the changes I did to make a binary for themselves without devfee.
BETA functionality will be left out of the source right now since it's not yet stable and will create dangerous situations when used in a wrong way. I might have to restrict the use of a BETA versions to a closed group instead of providing a public link to the BETA versions.

Happy mining Smiley

Ciao Blissz
To add some encouragement to getting the source released, I'll be issuing a DMCA takedown to have bitcointalk remove this thread for copyright violations in 24 hours if the complete corresponding source code for all the distributed firmware binaries is not uploaded by then. I am a one of a number of cgminer copyright holders.

Blissz, I believe everyone here is greatful for the work and effort you've done to improve upon the D3. If you haven't already looked into github I would recommend you publish your source there. It's designed for just this purpose and makes it easy to commit new changes as you go. Thanks for the improvements and I hope this work continues into the future in a manner that is open and fair to all.
ruptan

Activity: 491
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 06:11:06 AM

Blissz,
I think you should take the binaries offline and let these people fend for themselves. By using the scare tactics these people are only harming them selves. Did Bitmain share their software with the people? They used CGMiner software on D3 as well. Thank you for your wonderful work.

BitSend ◢◤Clients | Source
www.bitsend.info
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

Segwit | Core 0.14 | Masternodes
XEVAN | DK3 | Electrum soon
Bitcore - BTX/BTC -Project

BSD -USDT | Bittrex | C.Gather | S.Exchange
Cryptopia | NovaExchange | Livecoin
Litebit.eu | Faucet | Bitsend Airdrop

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
Desolutionary

Activity: 9

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 07:07:26 AM

Desolutionary - give more information about that version. You can PM me. I am using beta 2

Yeah no sorry. I respect the work Blissz has done and was using v1.12 on 3x D3 for a fair while but the re-connection after dev fee was a killer for me (I missed probably 20~ hours of mining over a week before I switched);so I'm not going to distribute a customer version of his firmware. Someone previously in the thread was saying they were going to release one so I was purely saying someone has already done it.
HavenZone

Activity: 37
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 07:24:12 AM

Blissz,
I think you should take the binaries offline and let these people fend for themselves. By using the scare tactics these people are only harming them selves. Did Bitmain share their software with the people? They used CGMiner software on D3 as well. Thank you for your wonderful work.

It's a shame it never got to a stable v2 for this... but I agree that Blissz should not give up the code. Why do any of this and not be compensated for the work. I thank him for what he did already and he should just let the rest use the D3 as the space heater it has become. The version I have is stable enough that I will keep it along with many others in this thread and Blissz will keep getting the devfee from us (even thou its only about $0.07 a day per unit). He would need at least 100 units running the devfee to make up having one unit to himself. again I say don't release it and just take it down and let these people who couldn't do it on their own to keep running the standard D3... it is barely making them any money at this point and they might just shut them off helping the rest of us with this FW.
greyday

Activity: 434
Merit: 52

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 08:50:37 AM

Blissz,

It's a shame it never got to a stable v2 for this... but I agree that Blissz should not give up the code. Why do any of this and not be compensated for the work. I thank him for what he did already and he should just let the rest use the D3 as the space heater it has become. The version I have is stable enough that I will keep it along with many others in this thread and Blissz will keep getting the devfee from us (even thou its only about $0.07 a day per unit). He would need at least 100 units running the devfee to make up having one unit to himself. again I say don't release it and just take it down and let these people who couldn't do it on their own to keep running the standard D3... it is barely making them any money at this point and they might just shut them off helping the rest of us with this FW.

Trust in the community. He will still make money (and with it released on github, probably more than he is currently in the long run). Remember we all know how to remove dev fees from Claymore and XMR-STAK, for example, yet a lot of us leave them in to support future dev.

That said, and as I said in the L3+ thread, I think locking the thread and removing the link to the firmware until the issue is resolved is the better approach, so that the support information in this thread is not lost for people already using it...
Jup1t3rR

Activity: 16

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 10:02:33 AM

Hate to break it to a few people but there is already a no dev fee version of 1.12v floating around out there, and after testing it I can confirm it fixes the issues where the miner switches to dev fee then fails to connect properly back to the user pool.

https://image.ibb.co/fhstP6/Nofee.jpg

Can you pls pm me the link?
blissz (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 258

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 10:09:39 AM
Merited by ruptan (2), Flep182 (1)

Hi all,

As you might have noticed there is some discussion going on about the GPL license of the cgminer software that's used in my firmware.
I was not aware of this GPL license, but I am now, and I am quite sure the source should be published.
As I don't have enough time to do it now and want to do it properly I decided to temporary remove the download link to the modified firmware and lock the topic until this GPL issue is resolved. This will prevent that this topic get's locked / removed for ever and valuable information gets lost.
I hope I can resolve this issue as soon as possible. Sorry for the inconvenience,

ciao Blissz

ps. Please respect this and don't PM me for links to the firmware.
Pages: « 1 ... 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 [126]
  Print  

Jump to: