Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 02:28:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Antminer L3+ Blissz firmware (14/01/2018 v1.02 stable)  (Read 11915 times)
blissz (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 258

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 03:33:35 PM

Did you try repacking it after you unpacked it, and then trying to upgrade?
Also try using Internet Explorer, you might have to take a small does of cancer but you'll live.

It should not be necessary to repack the firmware. I will add the md5sum next time

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ethron

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 05:23:59 PM

Thanks!!!  Smiley i have 689 watts at 381, lowest voltage and 493 Mh/s, 1 to 2 HW errors per 10 minutes. It runs really cool.
dottat

Activity: 48

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 06:32:49 PM

I'm wondering.. where can I obtain and inspect the source code used to create the CGMiner binary included in this distribution?

Isn't that a GPL3 compliance issue that people bashed another firmware hacker about a couple of years back?

If it helps you out with your fears I already took a look.  I have no affiliation with blissz but felt the same as you.  I can confirm the dev mining works exactly like he's stated it does.  There's no back door etc included.  It's just a customized version of the firmware/binaries.
nolazybits

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 08:05:54 PM

Hi there,

Thanks for the firmware.
I've been able to flash it no pb and have no problem so far.
This is my settings

https://i.imgur.com/Jua6idQ.png

https://i.imgur.com/JEX4jtg.png

Running 580 Mh/s with average 3hw per minute. <- is this too high btw?

Thanks again!
blissz (OP)

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 08:12:15 PM

Hi there,

Thanks for the firmware.
I've been able to flash it no pb and have no problem so far.
This is my settings

Running 580 Mh/s with average 3hw per minute. <- is this too high btw?

Thanks again!

Hi looks like you got some nice ASIC's. They  perform really good for the voltage setting. My guess is it runs at about stock wattage now (800 watts) and does bring you a nice performance increase (15%).
My advice: chain 2 is on the limit with 7 HW errors in 4 minutes, I would set it one step down in the frequency. Chain 1 is running a bit hotter and a bit too many HW errors I would say, so I would set it one or two steps down in frequency. I think that will make it run around 570 MH/s rock solid stable and silent for 24/7 use. Good stuff!  Cool
nolazybits

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 08:48:19 PM

Thanks much for the fast reply.

I have updated the settings as follow and it seems way better. Thanks again
https://i.imgur.com/osexxzg.png
https://i.imgur.com/YR2SDGW.png

570Mh/s at voltage setting 2 and frequency as on screenshot.

Thanks Smiley
blissz (OP)

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 10:52:28 PM

Thanks much for the fast reply.

I have updated the settings as follow and it seems way better. Thanks again

570Mh/s at voltage setting 2 and frequency as on screenshot.

Thanks Smiley

Looks good now! Enjoy!
Sylar49

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 11:20:20 PM

I'm wondering.. where can I obtain and inspect the source code used to create the CGMiner binary included in this distribution?

Isn't that a GPL3 compliance issue that people bashed another firmware hacker about a couple of years back?

If it helps you out with your fears I already took a look.  I have no affiliation with blissz but felt the same as you.  I can confirm the dev mining works exactly like he's stated it does.  There's no back door etc included.  It's just a customized version of the firmware/binaries.

I appreciate the assurance, but that side-steps the point. If it's based on or derived from GPLv3 code, it must be made available once distributed. It's OK to make a buck off of distributing the modified product, but you can't go closed-source and withhold your modifications to GPL3-based code or binaries you're distributing.

There was another firmware hacker case a few months back:    
Re: Bounty for Cracking Bitmain S9 BMminer

At least Blissz here actually put in some work (albeit source code yet to be published), whereas -- from what I observed in the Github repositories -- fubly seems to have simply rebadged Bitmain's source code, and removed irrelevant hardware support to slim things down. The guy also had the audacity to remove Colin Kolivas (original author) from the credits and also send a $120K invoice to Bitmain.

Anyway, cgminer is GPL3, so I look forward to examining the source in the near future. Thanks!
dottat

Activity: 48

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 11:59:54 PM

If it helps you out with your fears I already took a look.  I have no affiliation with blissz but felt the same as you.  I can confirm the dev mining works exactly like he's stated it does.  There's no back door etc included.  It's just a customized version of the firmware/binaries.

I appreciate the assurance, but that side-steps the point. If it's based on or derived from GPLv3 code, it must be made available once distributed. It's OK to make a buck off of distributing the modified product, but you can't go closed-source and withhold your modifications to GPL3-based code or binaries you're distributing.

At least Blissz here actually put in some work (albeit source code yet to be published), whereas -- from what I observed in the Github repositories -- fubly seems to have simply rebadged Bitmain's source code, and removed irrelevant hardware support to slim things down. The guy also had the audacity to remove Colin Kolivas (original author) from the credits and also send a $120K invoice to Bitmain.

Anyway, cgminer is GPL3, so I look forward to examining the source in the near future. Thanks!

Yep I hear ya.  I'm well familiar with GPL as most of my online presence has been on the phone hacking/rooting/rom'ing side of the world.  Investigated a great number of GPL complaints while i was a moderator at XDA as well.  That's part of why I tore this package apart. 

Pretty sure blissz used the source here to compile from..  http://ck.kolivas.org/apps/cgminer/  Though that maintainer was for bitcoin only.
Littledragons

Activity: 294
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 01:17:50 AM

More than worth it IMO.

Especially with being able to clock it like crazy up or down.
I have actually just set it back to 13 v - to see what kind of clocks I could play up to, and got somewhere in the ballpark of 680 stable(ish).
I know its silly, but since then Ive been pushing up from 13 just to see what level it will spit HWs at me - and its so friggin high its obscene. Obviously not good for the machine, but interesting to know for sure.

Yeah undervolting is really useful to tame the beast for the people that run these units in their houses, but I am also curious how far it can  be overclocked with a bit more voltage Tongue I will play around with one of the chains first to see how it goes.
Edit: 680 MH/s is really nice, can you share your settings?

I actually dont remember, but I do know it was because I was tuning both my d3s and L3s at the same time. Got the stock Mhs confused from x11 miner to L3 - actually ended up killing my miner at one point I was quite worried. Not willing to really risk that.

T r a x i o n                              TRADE AND EARN DURING PRE-ICO
TRANSITIONS YOU TO A CRYPTO-READY SOCIETY        Pre-Sale starts April 15, 2018
GITHUB     TELEGRAM     MEDIUM     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     REDDIT     YOUTUBE
1manshow

Activity: 68

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 06:59:45 AM

Thank you for your valuable efforts to release this improved firmware for L3+. Do you or anyone know if something similar is available for Antminer S9 as well?
wedwo

Activity: 17

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 12:06:45 PM
Last edit: January 08, 2018, 12:24:04 PM by wedwo

Fantastic job Blissz!  Running at stock frequency on lowest voltage... very stable.  I'll post current draw as shown on my UPS shortly!

*EDIT* 1.3kW reported at the UPS = 650W each!  Noice!
Sylar49

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 01:11:57 PM

Yep I hear ya.  I'm well familiar with GPL as most of my online presence has been on the phone hacking/rooting/rom'ing side of the world.  Investigated a great number of GPL complaints while i was a moderator at XDA as well.  That's part of why I tore this package apart. 

Pretty sure blissz used the source here to compile from..  http://ck.kolivas.org/apps/cgminer/  Though that maintainer was for bitcoin only.

With all that's going on in blissz's webUI adjustments to support the voltage and frequency settings (especially by individual hash card), it's prety clear the driver-bitmain.c was nicely customized to support the additional individual cards' settings. If I had the time to hack on firmware (no, I've long since retired from Firmware and BIOS hacking), I'd probably start from from Bitmain's Github and merge driver-bitmain.c, driver-btm-DASH.c, and driver-btm-L3.c from there against a clean cgminer-4.10.0 code base to get it all up to current cgminer code.

Since the driver-bitmain.c is identical for DASH and L3 versions of cgminer, I'd expect the Voltage/Frequency customizations coded for one can be copied verbatim to the other.

It's interesting to note that the stock D3 and L3 firmware always had support for using --bitmain-voltage to tweak voltages (if you were to modify cgminer.conf by hand and restart the cgminer service), but the webUI completely lacked the proper fields to make that setting adjustable via web page, unlike the S5/S7, and presumably S9's webUI.

Blissz's addition of auto-tuning is definitely a nice touch, and I'm looking forward to reading that enhancement's source code once published per GPL3.
CointoHash411

Activity: 84

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 02:07:43 PM

Awesome,

I will be adding this to my L3+'s as soon as they come in. Blissz, so the firmware is also compatible with the D3's or is that a misconception? Just want to make sure before I start pushing firmware updates out.

-CointoHash411
blissz (OP)

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 02:10:54 PM

Awesome,

I will be adding this to my L3+'s as soon as they come in. Blissz, so the firmware is also compatible with the D3's or is that a misconception? Just want to make sure before I start pushing firmware updates out.

-CointoHash411

For the L3+ you need the firmware in this topic. For the D3 you need the firmware from the other topic (there is a link to it in this topic start if you can't find it)
blissz (OP)

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 02:11:50 PM

Fantastic job Blissz!  Running at stock frequency on lowest voltage... very stable.  I'll post current draw as shown on my UPS shortly!

*EDIT* 1.3kW reported at the UPS = 650W each!  Noice!

You're welcome! Yep that's a nice decrease from 800W  Cool Cool Cool
zerp86

Activity: 50

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 04:23:36 PM

i will try out for my L3+ tomorrow.. Grin
Sylar49

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 05:26:54 PM

Still waiting for a response, btw.

What's the word on making the GPL3 source code available for review, Blissz?
blackburst67

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 05:36:51 PM

Thank you !
I will try this tonight..
trackers

Activity: 54
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 05:54:48 PM