Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 01:52:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Specie Project sponsored by the makers of New Liberty Dollar  (Read 88382 times)
NewLiberty (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2013, 02:13:23 PM

Going Twice...  With 2 hours left...
Thank you for that, though unless I misread the clock, dozerz has the winning bid with 2 BTC.  Smiley
The bid survived unchallenged for 24 hours which was the terms set for the auction.

Congratulations, and thank you to everyone for participating in our first auction here, its deeply appreciated!  

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
NewLiberty (OP)
Legendary

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2013, 02:23:07 PM

As described and pictured:  #22 of 40 of the first strike pieces minted for the marketing and promotion.
Likely this will be the only auction of these pieces as these are generally reserved to be awarded for those contributors and supporters of the project that have distinguished themselves in some way, so this is your opportunity to join our team by participating in our first BitCoinTalk auction

Included is one Bitcoin Cold Hard Cash .999 fine silver 1 ounce piece, airtite container, display case, certificate of authenticity.  USPS Priority Shipping will be added to the winning bid, insured at the option of the winner.  May the best win, good luck!

The auction will start at 0.01 BTC and will end when 24 hours elapse after the last bid, at whatever price that may be.  Please bid by reply to this or another "Auction" subject post within this thread so as to be clear that the post is intended as a bid.

In looking at the auction text, the bold text looks ambiguously written and could either mean the shipping is included (added in the auction) or that it is added to the price of the winning bid.  Though the meaning was that it was to be added to the price, if your understanding was that we were adding it to the auction, we will consider that ambiguity our error and include it.

We will need a shipping address, a name you can use to sign for it, and payment of the winning bid (which can be done to the address listed in the profile of this account, or a new one if you like).

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
bitwhizz
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 02:30:30 PM

not fair..... as i live in the UK, the time zones kind've screwed me over...... i wasn't going to be awake at 5 in the morning (uk time) when their was two hours to go Sad
NewLiberty (OP)
Legendary

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2013, 02:38:32 PM

not fair..... as i live in the UK, the time zones kind've screwed me over...... i wasn't going to be awake at 5 in the morning (uk time) when their was two hours to go Sad

Apologies for that.  This was why we did a 24 hour bid cycle, so that there was at least one full day for everyone after each bid.  If there is a better method that is more fair, let me know.  This was our first so very much a learning exercise and looking for that sort of input.

dozerz
Legendary

Activity: 2214
Merit: 1057

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 02:59:46 PM

As described and pictured:  #22 of 40 of the first strike pieces minted for the marketing and promotion.
Likely this will be the only auction of these pieces as these are generally reserved to be awarded for those contributors and supporters of the project that have distinguished themselves in some way, so this is your opportunity to join our team by participating in our first BitCoinTalk auction

Included is one Bitcoin Cold Hard Cash .999 fine silver 1 ounce piece, airtite container, display case, certificate of authenticity.  USPS Priority Shipping will be added to the winning bid, insured at the option of the winner.  May the best win, good luck!

The auction will start at 0.01 BTC and will end when 24 hours elapse after the last bid, at whatever price that may be.  Please bid by reply to this or another "Auction" subject post within this thread so as to be clear that the post is intended as a bid.

In looking at the auction text, the bold text looks ambiguously written and could either mean the shipping is included (added in the auction) or that it is added to the price of the winning bid.  Though the meaning was that it was to be added to the price, if your understanding was that we were adding it to the auction, we will consider that ambiguity our error and include it.

We will need a shipping address, a name you can use to sign for it, and payment of the winning bid (which can be done to the address listed in the profile of this account, or a new one if you like).

thanks! payment and details incoming via private message.

space for rent, shilling for sats
NewLiberty (OP)
Legendary

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2013, 04:48:49 PM

Apologies for that.  This was why we did a 24 hour bid cycle, so that there was at least one full day for everyone after each bid.  If there is a better method that is more fair, let me know.  This was our first so very much a learning exercise and looking for that sort of input.

The last thing I want is for disappointment to result from this experiment with the auctioning here.

What I can do for you is to pass on this offer information to others who are receiving these due to their contribution to the project to see if any would part with one for you, if you like?

There are a few that have accounts here (but most do not).

DobZombie

Activity: 896
Merit: 532

Former curator of The Bitcoin Museum

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 10:37:59 AM

Crap!

I didn't realise the Auction had started. 

I was really hoping to get one of these for the museum  Undecided

Tip Me if believe BTC1 will hit $1 Million by 2030
1DobZomBiE2gngvy6zDFKY5b76yvDbqRra
randrace

Activity: 329
Merit: 250

LTC -> BTC -> Silver!

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 03:29:21 PM

Crap!

I didn't realise the Auction had started. 

I was really hoping to get one of these for the museum  Undecided

They are still for sale, the auction was for first strike with certificate.

ConditionGlisteningly Brillient Uncirculated
Composition.999 Fine Silver
Silver Weight 1 Ozt
Mint/BrandNew Liberty Dollar Presents: Cold Hard Cash

Pricing is based on the silver spot market price (Monex Ask rate) plus premium for minting based on order quantity.

PREMIUM RATE:
QTY    Spot+
1.05BTC
60.035 BTC
500.0175 BTC
5000.0115 BTC

If Bitcoin rises in value vis-a-vis silver sufficiently, these premiums may be reduced downward.
NewLiberty (OP)
Legendary

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2013, 05:03:10 PM

Some good news, on the First Strike auction for those that missed out.

I have identified one (so far) recipient that is willing to part with theirs. 
He is still deciding how to arrange that, whether to put it on EBay or sell it directly.
I may get the opportunity to discuss it with him this evening.

I am also hoping for more good news on our repair effort for the minting equipment today.

dwdoc
Legendary

Activity: 966

- - -Caveat Aleo- - -

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 05:19:50 AM

I am interested in 10 of the uncirculated coins when available. Do they come with a plastic case?
NewLiberty (OP)
Legendary

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2013, 11:01:41 AM

I am interested in 10 of the uncirculated coins when available. Do they come with a plastic case?

All sorts of cases are available, though we are more eager for these to circulate than sit in plastic. Smiley
Air-tite cases are available at .005 BTC each, so add .05 for 10.
Or the standard tube as depicted in the photo.
We also have tube holders sized for air-tites (will get a picture up for those).

dwdoc
Legendary

- - -Caveat Aleo- - -

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 03:34:46 PM

How do we place an order?
NewLiberty (OP)
Legendary

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2013, 03:46:25 PM

How do we place an order?

It will be a lot easier once coldhardca.sh is ready.  I'd wanted fennec (of Preev.com) to do the site but he is involved in other matters currently and my other folks are taking their sweet time.  Smiley

The pricing is fairly easily computed though.
At QTY 10 your premium is .045 BTC (rather than .05)
Silver spot at the moment is .1854 BTC    http://preev.com/btc/xag
So your price per is .2304 BTC for each 1 ozt quarter bitcoin piece so:
2.304  BTC  plus shipping from the USA

You can use the payment address in my profile:
1FyaQM8uuZpH9eaBFJGuZuGsFti1FTw4Ns

Or I can generate a specific one if you prefer.
Send your shipping location and signature name for the receiver.

dwdoc
Legendary

- - -Caveat Aleo- - -

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 07:24:12 PM

PM sent.
bitwhizz
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 08:15:49 PM

Apologies for that.  This was why we did a 24 hour bid cycle, so that there was at least one full day for everyone after each bid.  If there is a better method that is more fair, let me know.  This was our first so very much a learning exercise and looking for that sort of input.

The last thing I want is for disappointment to result from this experiment with the auctioning here.

What I can do for you is to pass on this offer information to others who are receiving these due to their contribution to the project to see if any would part with one for you, if you like?

There are a few that have accounts here (but most do not).

Sounds good, or if another strike coin goes up on auction let us know on this thread telling us whether its on ebay or here,and i will be involved
Thanks
Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 3906
Merit: 2197

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2013, 08:43:50 PM

How much for one shipped to The Netherlands with a plastic casing?

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Advertisements are not endorsed by me.
NewLiberty (OP)
Legendary

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2013, 08:56:16 PM

For just one, you would pay more for the shipping than for the piece itself.

I expect to be in Amsterdam for European Bitcoin Convention at the end of next month and I should have some with me.
Further, I am hopeful for local distribution in Netherlands that can organize group buys, or buy and resell.  I will be looking for such special people in each region.
For the Liberty Dollar we had more than there were states.  California alone had seven regions.

Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 3906
Merit: 2197

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2013, 09:10:39 PM

For just one, you would pay more for the shipping than for the piece itself.

I expect to be in Amsterdam for European Bitcoin Convention at the end of next month and I should have some with me.
Further, I am hopeful for local distribution in Netherlands that can organize group buys, or buy and resell.  I will be looking for such special people in each region.
For the Liberty Dollar we had more than there were states.  California alone had seven regions.

I will be at the convention, so that is just perfect! I will buy a coin then, so save one for me!

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Advertisements are not endorsed by me.
NewLiberty (OP)
Legendary

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2013, 11:29:50 PM

I was asked a great question privately, and I would like to answer it publicly as well in case there are others with a similar inquiry.  For the price of these silver pieces, there are two price components, the current spot market price of the silver, and the premium (which covers repair and maintenance of the mint, the smelting of the ore, the design of the piece, the diemaking, and the rest).  Adding the two of these gives the price.  This price is displayed when the QR code is read.

With these COLD HARD CASH silver pieces, the premium component decreases with the quantity purchased.  This allows a discount to those that participate in fostering the bitcoin economy by purchasing and distributing these bitcoin specie in much the same way that bitcoin miners are rewarded for processing transactions and helping bitcoins find their proper homes.

So you may see a price of .045 bitcoin (at quantity 10), this would be the premium.
Add to that the current spot market price of the silver bullion and you get the price of the piece.
When the 30 and 90 day moving average are both over USD$150, we will drop the premiums to a lower level to adjust for the sustained price of bitcoin.

NewLiberty (OP)
Legendary

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2013, 05:09:12 PM

The recent price move of Bitcoin is something I anticipated in the GOLD version of these which is a 1 ozt Gold with a nominal value of 10 Bitcoin. 

Of course the current value real time value will be via QR code, but the 10 bitcoin is looking to be closer than not.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: