Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 01:05:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Specie Project sponsored by the makers of New Liberty Dollar  (Read 88382 times)
dwdoc
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

- - -Caveat Aleo- - -

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 04:15:53 PM

I finally received my 1oz silver physical bitcoin from Mulligan Mint 6 weeks after payment. It has a nice weight and high luster with mirror and frosted finish areas. The QR code is easily scanned but unfortunately only accesses their homepage. I would like to buy a Liberty Coin to compare and give a review on this forum when possible.

D Wolk
Bitcoin Foundation Member
KnCminer Slogan Winner

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dwdoc
Legendary

- - -Caveat Aleo- - -

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 04:29:25 PM

Now that we have started shipping (pre-paid pre-orders only so far) and are about to formally launch into production mode for phase 1 of this project.  It is time for some feedback from you all on our QR link.

For those of you with smart phones, please provide comments on http://ColdHardCa.sh
The page is going through some rapid changes so it may disappear for short periods of time as things are being updated.

Again, many thanks to Preev, and Mike, and Edgar, and Reichart who have all been lynch-pins on the wheels that are making this phase a success.

The goal is to have it facilitate transactions.  Currency must flow or it has no purpose...
Any comment is welcome, what do you love, what do you hate?  What currencies do you want added?

There needs to be a link on the QR page for those wishing to purchase additional Liberty coins.
NewLiberty (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2013, 09:20:47 PM

There needs to be a link on the QR page for those wishing to purchase additional Liberty coins.

Agreed.  Thank you for this.  Its on our list.  I will give it a +1 for your wise suggestion.

Things will become much easier as this project moves forward.  Soon it may do so under its own power.  We are keeping costs as low as we can to provide for some investment into these simple advances.

Here is a question for you all:
What do you think about also including the ability to create an account for one click order+delivery to a saved address associated with a personal Bitcoin payment address, or to specify a particular preferred local re-seller for swift fulfillment, etc?

In the years to come, we would like to have sufficient stores of Bitcoin Specie in all localities so that we can fulfill orders, the same day, worldwide.

This project is in its infancy, we dream of having the US national network begun by 2014.  We would like to have local pickup locations be as convenient as 7-11. 
Walk in.  Hand over a piece of paper.  Walk out with silver pieces.  There are vast opportunities available ahead.  We consider all those reading and responding to this as valuable contributors, so thank you for all comments.

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
NewLiberty (OP)
Legendary

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2013, 09:32:21 PM

I finally received my 1oz silver physical bitcoin from Mulligan Mint 6 weeks after payment. It has a nice weight and high luster with mirror and frosted finish areas. The QR code is easily scanned but unfortunately only accesses their homepage. I would like to buy a Liberty Coin to compare and give a review on this forum when possible.

D Wolk
Bitcoin Foundation Member
KnCminer Slogan Winner

I never received mine from them.  The ordering function probably wasn't working by the time I tried a month ago because I didn't see the charge on my card appear either, but I did get one from eBay so that I could examine it.

I'm eager for your input so PM me and we will sort something out to get you one.

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
NewLiberty (OP)
Legendary

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2013, 07:25:58 AM

We have received enough interest that we will be offering the gold electroplating on the fine silver as a standard offering going forward.  Gold does not have the same toning quality as silver so the QR should not be expected to become increasingly readable with use as it would with the normal .999 fine silver, however for the collectible editions, hallmarked pieces and etc it may be an optional addition.  We will be interested in seeing how these hold up over time, I suspect that if subjected to use, it will fade significantly as the gold is VERY thin.

In other news, with the BTC/silver price, it is looking like the 2014 1 ozt is going to be a ONE BITDIME piece after all, and the premium will be discounted unless it heads back down.

dwdoc
Legendary

- - -Caveat Aleo- - -

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 03:38:44 AM
Last edit: October 24, 2013, 04:03:35 PM by dwdoc

I purchased one silver and one gold plated coin from New Liberty and asked that they represent a normal retail (not first strike) sample.
Unfortunately so far only the gold plated coin made it through the mail and I would encourage future buyers to always get a tracking number.

I took a few photos comparing the coin to the Mulligan Mint coin and to American Eagle Silver, Gold and Platinum 1 oz. coins.

Unlike the Mulligan Mint coin, the Liberty coin comes with an airtight case. The Liberty coin has a more interesting complex design on the obverse and reverse.
Both coins have mirror (highly reflective) and satin finish areas on both sides. The Liberty coin is a slightly smaller diameter than the Mulligan Mint coin. It took me several seconds to scan the QR code on both coins. The Mulligan Mint coin links to their web storefront whereas the Liberty coin links to a site which indicates the current
1oz silver value.

I will post additional photos when the silver coin arrives.

http://postimg.org/gallery/7m4h6h04/

Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 3906
Merit: 2197

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2013, 08:31:36 AM

Damn, those gold ones look awesome. Great job dude!

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Advertisements are not endorsed by me.
BitPappa

Activity: 431
Merit: 261

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2013, 02:57:44 PM

I haven't seen the Mulligan Mint coin in person, only in photos. Aesthetically, I think the Mulligan Mint coin looks much less sophisticated (reminds me of a token I used to get as a kid to play video games at the mall, rather than what comes to mind when I think of a silver coin).

NewLiberty (OP)
Legendary

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2013, 11:21:19 PM
Last edit: October 24, 2013, 11:40:10 PM by NewLiberty

I haven't seen the Mulligan Mint coin in person, only in photos. Aesthetically, I think the Mulligan Mint coin looks much less sophisticated (reminds me of a token I used to get as a kid to play video games at the mall, rather than what comes to mind when I think of a silver coin).

I can show you one at the next meetup.  Your keychains have more quality in my humble opinion.

From the looks of it, they reused the obverse from one of their clients who'd used it for coppers (with likely no compensation or agreement), and muled it with a reverse of their own.  Its a 2D piece (designed in black and white and sent to the CNC, though they did splurge on some frosting).  On the reverse of their own design, the only design elements are some text in a computer font and 1010101010 repeating.  The obverse has some much more interesting design elements, and even some subtle visual humor (block chain hehehe), which I like.
The obverse was clearly designed by someone in the bitcoin community, and the reverse, clearly not, and from this I deduced it to be a mule.

I was flattered that they are stealing my QR feature, even if they point it to an advert for their sales effort instead of something of use to the owner of the piece.  It is understandable I suppose, they have a lot more problems than I do.  The perversity of this is that those pieces may become sought after by collectors as they are bound to be scarce.

NewLiberty (OP)
Legendary

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2013, 11:36:38 PM
Last edit: November 02, 2013, 01:09:34 PM by NewLiberty

Speaking of collectors...

After listening to the feedback here and discussing with the team, we have decided to release the GOLD ELECTROPLATED 2013 SILVER BITCOIN SPECIE as the FIRST YEAR OF ISSUE piece, the perfect holiday gift for someone you love (yes it is OK to love yourself).  This is the first of the openly available, limited edition, collectible Bitcoin Specie pieces.

These will be hand numbered 001-100 (there were actually 101 made so there is one out there without a hallmark because I sold the prototype, so one lucky person has a one-of-a-kind).
Of these, before I even made it to a computer to post this, already 27 have been "spoken for" (some in our team joined late and didn't get a FIRST STRIKE) so the remaining pieces will be offered to everyone here at the direct pricing of 2x the standard price + shipping.  They will come in an airtite clear case accompanied with a signed and numbered certificate of authenticity for FIRST YEAR OF ISSUE.  

Optionally:
1) Maple display stand 0.055 BTC
2) Steel letherette gift box 0.033 BTC  (depicted below)
3) Wood presentation case 0.11 BTC  (depicted below)
4) Ornament/necklace airtite case .02 BTC
(No added charges for shipping with display options)

There are 73 left, so if you know any collectors (or are one) and want to get a head start on your holiday shopping, you might want some of these.    
They are now in hand and available for immediate release.  First come, first serve, no limit while available.

Available#s remaining:
34-49
51-68
70-75
77-87
89-98

We are increasingly considering each of the contributors to this forum a part of our team, and we are grateful for the incisive criticisms as well as the generous encouragement.

NewLiberty (OP)
Legendary

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2013, 10:18:18 PM

Now remaining First Year of Issue numbered gold plated Bitcoin Specie collectibles in the following had numbered series:
32-49
51-68
70-87
89-98

Will keep the OP updated

NewLiberty (OP)
Legendary

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2013, 01:34:29 PM

If you are in Europe, you are in luck.
BitGild.com, the premier European gold and silver dealer for Bitcoin, located in the Netherlands, who have been doing very well by getting the Bitcoin Specie into the hands and pockets of the people of Europe have managed to move swiftly and scooped up some of the low numbers of the FIRST YEAR OF ISSUE collectibles.

If you move fast, you may be able to get one, but you should certainly get your Silver Bitcoin Specie there as you will certainly save on the shipping from the US and get them much quicker.

dwdoc
Legendary

- - -Caveat Aleo- - -

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 04:59:10 PM
Last edit: October 30, 2013, 07:05:20 PM by dwdoc

I took some pictures comparing the silver and gold plated Liberty coins with the Mulligan Mint silver coin and the Casascius silver bitcoin comparing them to a 1oz American Gold Eagle (for scale).

The Casascius silver bitcoin is a heart stopper but has a mark up (over market value) of over $100.
The silver Liberty Coin is my next favorite.  Although the gold plated coin is more brilliant than the picture would suggest it has a slightly duller appearance than the silver coin.
However, keep in mind that the gold plating may delay appearance of patina (tarnish) if that is important to you.
The Mulligan Mint coin is a nice novelty but has a less aesthetic design. All QR codes were easy to scan if you eliminate glare but the Liberty link is a page showing the current coin market value. The Mulligan Mint link is just their storefront page. Also it took Mulligan Mint 6 weeks to ship their coin.

http://postimg.org/gallery/7mocx58g/

Keep in mind that this is somewhat of an apples and oranges comparison. Casascius coins are designed to be a store of value or a collectors item.
The Liberty Bitcoin Specie is meant to be a unit of exchange.
miffman
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1005

PGP ID: 78B7B84D

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 05:34:03 PM

Thank you for very nice pictures dwdoc!  Smiley

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
BitBlender 

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
NewLiberty (OP)
Legendary

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2013, 06:35:21 PM

I took some pictures comparing the silver and gold plated Liberty coins with the Mulligan Mint silver coin and the Casascius silver bitcoin comparing them to a 1oz American Gold Eagle (for scale).

The Casascius silver bitcoin is a heart stopper but has a mark up (over market value) of over $100.
The silver Liberty Coin is my next favorite.  Although the gold plated coin is more brilliant than the picture would suggest it has a slightly duller appearance than the silver coin.
However, keep in mind that the gold plating may delay appearance of patina (tarnish) if that is important to you.
The Mulligan Mint coin is a nice novelty but has a less aesthetic design. All QR codes were easy to scan if you eliminate glare but the Liberty link is a page showing the current coin market value. The Mulligan Mint link is just their storefront page.

http://postimg.org/gallery/7mocx58g/

Keep in mind that this is somewhat of an apples and oranges comparison. Casascius coins are designed to be a store of value or a collectors item.
The Liberty Bitcoin Specie is meant to be a unit of exchange.

Thank you for these.  I am noticing some subtleties as well, the rougher edge on the back of the BTC on the Casascius piece suggest that Mike is likely using a mold strike rather than a high pressure fine CNC die strike. 

http://postimg.org/image/lpdvlgg3z/

I would like to help Mike with these if given the opportunity.

I am not yet happy with the results I am getting with my own pieces either.  I see a lot of improvements I need to make, especially in the metal production process to obtain a smoother surface where mirroring is used on the piece.  I'm a tough critic though, as I stick them under a microscope and can get pretty picky.  There is a lot that can be deduced from a careful analysis of a coin, but what really has me curious is how they will work after being handled daily for a few years.  I carry one in my pocket daily to achieve that result, if anyone else is doing so, I would be happy to hear of your experiences.

Also  DWDOC is the holder of (as depicted) the one-of-a-kind unnumbered electroplated first year of issue piece.  Along with that unique piece, one sample was made of the Satoshi Nakamoto 5th year commemorative, electroplated in gold, but I've retained that myself and don't expect to part with it.  (Though I've been known to sell pretty much anything for bitcoin.)

All of the other electroplated 2013 are in the FIRST YEAR OF ISSUE numbered collectors series, and come with numbered and signed certificates of authenticity.  For those who contributed to the project, they may also have a personal note written on the back of the certificate.

dwdoc
Legendary

- - -Caveat Aleo- - -

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 07:00:52 PM

I certainly appreciate receiving the first gold plated coin (not to mention you replacing the lost silver coin) but am hoping these will soon become widely available to your retail customers (early 2014?) which would obviously facilitate their implementation as a unit of exchange vs. their current "collectors item" status.  Smiley
NewLiberty (OP)
Legendary

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2013, 07:22:40 PM

I certainly appreciate receiving the first gold plated coin (not to mention you replacing the lost silver coin) but am hoping these will soon become widely available to your retail customers (early 2014?) which would obviously facilitate their implementation as a unit of exchange vs. their current "collectors item" status.  Smiley

Yes, some progress on that circulation vs collector front this week...
In addition to the EU availability via online retail (currently limited to 20 ea), at Bitgoud.nl (or bitgild.com for English), we also (as of today) can announce the soon to be availability of US online retail through none other than AGORA COMMODITIES

We are less than a month in to the formal release of these so I am happy with this modest progress.  We still need our first Asian distribution channel and welcome suggestions for that.

Although I love collectors, the real place for these is not in the safe or on the mantle, but in the pocket.  Having these two excellent companies handle the retailing is a wonderful development and I encourage everyone to use them.  They can provide a much better retail experience than I can.  If you are looking for a couple hundred (or a couple thousand) pieces, please continue to feel welcome to contact me privately.

Both Agora and Bitgild take bitcoin payment and uphold the finest of ethical standards and I am honored and delighted to work with them.  Both of these companies also maintain a thread here in this forum:

Agora
Bitgild

So it might be a good idea to visit those too, if you haven't already.

BitPappa

Activity: 431
Merit: 261

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2013, 08:55:18 PM

Congrats on the new sources for your products! I will send you a message about a possible connection in Asia (it's a long shot, but a possibility).

NewLiberty (OP)
Legendary

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2013, 02:04:43 AM

Congrats on the new sources for your products! I will send you a message about a possible connection in Asia (it's a long shot, but a possibility).

Thank you for this.  Given the geography, and the politics, I will likely need more than one in Asia-Pacific region.
Also looking for India distributors. 

NewLiberty (OP)
Legendary

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2013, 08:45:00 PM
Last edit: November 29, 2013, 06:00:26 PM by NewLiberty

I've been asked how many of these are out there...so:

Mintages so far:

FIRST STRIKE - 40 final
Satoshi Nakamoto whitepaper 5th anniversary - 100 final
First year of issue numbered, gold electroplated - 100 final
First year of issue unnumbered, gold electroplated - 1 final
Satoshi Nakamoto whitepaper, gold electroplated - 1 final

Silver Bitcoin Specie 1 toz Cold Hard Cash, standard issue 1804 3004

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: