Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:50:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Specie Project sponsored by the makers of New Liberty Dollar  (Read 88387 times)
BitPappa

Activity: 431
Merit: 261

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2013, 06:59:55 PM

That sure looks amazing! All your coins would make very nice holiday gifts!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 09:48:54 PM

Haven't visited ""GOODS"" in a long while .............  I like what your doing here, interesting qr code concept too, Well done NewLiberty!   Grin

MJB, you have something very special on its way across the ocean to you.
You will have to let me know when you get it.  Wink

Thanks Joseph I'm totally blown away, what an amazing gift couldn't believe my eyes when I opened the package,  I'm no photographer but thought it deserved a picture or two. Thanks again mick

You are a better photographer than you give yourself credit.  Shooting coins is challenging.

Nice coin!

Are you going to be at the Vegas conference on December 10th and 11th?

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

NewLiberty (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2013, 03:29:58 PM

Is this the first appearance of the Bitcoin specie in a mainstream media video (in Italian)?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vF79IAZw5cg

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
NewLiberty (OP)
Legendary

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2013, 07:32:31 PM

Nice coin!

Are you going to be at the Vegas conference on December 10th and 11th?

Yes.  I'm just back from the London Bitcoin Expo,  Vegas in December, and then likely just SoCal meets until Miami in January.  I'll miss India, and Singapore this year.  Something to look forward to for later.

I gather some great criticisms from people who attend conferences, as well as gauge the measure of support for the project.  As it stands, it looks like we will keep funding it for the foreseeable future.

This has been my schedule for gatherings since the project inception at the Bitcoin Foundation gathering in San Jose this Spring:

Bitcoin china
September 2014
http://bitcoinexpo2014.com/

Bitcoinvention Asia, Manilla Phillipenes
Feb 12-14 2014

North American Bitcoin Conference Miami Beach -
January 25 & 26, 2014
http://btcmiami.com/

BANGALORE, INDIA. Global Bitcoin Conference
December 14th, 15th, 2013
Sheraton Hotel, 26/1 Dr. Rajkumar Road, Malleswaram-Rajajinagar, Bangalore

Inside Bitcoin Los Vegas Nevada MGM Grand
Dec 10-11
http://www.mediabistro.com/insidebitcoins/

London Bitcoin Expo
Nov 30 London

Bitcoin Silicon Valley, California November
Tuesday 11/26/2013

Liberty on the Rocks
Nov 21/2013
Torrance California

Hollywood Bitcoin Meetup

Bitcoin EU Conference, Amsterdam
http://Http://theconference.eu

Libertopia, San Dieo California
200 attendees,

OHM2013, Netherlands, speaker
3000 attendees

Santa Monica Bitcoin Meetups

Los Angeles Bitcoin Meetups

Bitcoin Foundation's BitcoinConference2013, San Jose California
Over 1000 attendees,

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2198

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2013, 07:33:43 PM

I guess that was the most awesome one Roll Eyes

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Advertisements are not endorsed by me.
NewLiberty (OP)
Legendary

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2013, 07:38:42 PM

I guess that was the most awesome one Roll Eyes

Definitely Smiley  unforgettable.

The historians may note that it was...
Also the official launch of the Bitcoin Specie into the marketplace.
Coinciding with the 15th anniversary of the launch of the Liberty Dollar.

NewLiberty (OP)
Legendary

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2013, 11:50:33 AM

David Woo, FX and Rates Strategist at Bank of America/Merill Lynch and one of the best minds on Wall Street likes Bitcoin.
http://www.businessinsider.com/david-woo-on-bitcoin-2013-12

"We believe Bitcoin can become a major means of payment for e-commerce and may emerge as a serious competitor to traditional money transfer providers. As a medium of exchange, Bitcoin has clear potential for growth, in our view."

Woo's analysis represents a top-flight mind at a major financial institution assessing Bitcoin in a serious way, and coming to the conclusion that it could be the real deal.
Woo identifies the three things that need to happen for Bitcoin to be worth what it currently is:

"Our fair value analysis suggests that to justify the current Bitcoin valuation, it will need to (1) account for at least 10% of all global e-commerce B2C transactions, (2) become one of the top three players in the money transfer industry, and (3) acquire a store of value reputation close to silver."

We're working on that, David!  We and all those involved in this project have been backing bitcoin with silver.  Its a good start.

NewLiberty (OP)
Legendary

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2013, 02:18:27 AM

The First Year of Issue gold plated collectible pieces have been moving swiftly, there are about 20 left of the series, the list on the OP is out of date so if you want these, let me know ASAP.  I'm at the Bitcoin conference at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas so the inventory may not survive the next day or two.

The 2013 Bitcoin Specie 1 oz I have about a few hundred on hand yet.  These will likely sell out in the next two days, so I may either make a few thousand more, or start with the 2014 1 oz.  I suspect, I will have to make more as the 2014 dies have not yet arrived from the die cutters.

The next collectible series will be the 5th Anniversary of the Block Chain inception which will be available in January and will be the 2014.  We have not yet decided as to whether these will be hand numbered and gold plated, though this likely.  If there is significant interest, these may also be produced in solid gold.

The solid gold pieces will also start in 2014 and are about to go into production.  Due to the increased demand, we will also likely produce the fractional ounce pieces in early 2014, possibly the first quarter of the year.  These and the gold designs were set back due to a number of delays with other projects, sorry for that.

For the standard pieces (not the collectible editions) they will not be limited in quantity and are expected to be in continuous production through out the coming years.

hieroglyph

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 10:42:47 PM

looks like a fun item for sharing during the holiday season.  Or maybe I will just keep them all for myself haha.  Seriously though nice offering, I may get a couple of these for my own personal gift.

BitPappa

Activity: 431
Merit: 261

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2013, 10:58:05 PM

I'm happy to now own one of your limited, numbered, gold-plated versions (and many of the standard silver)!

NewLiberty (OP)
Legendary

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2013, 10:59:23 PM

Added some additional error handling to coldhardca.sh so it should not get hung up when the coindesk API gets clogged up.

NewLiberty (OP)
Legendary

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2013, 10:03:08 PM

The gold pieces are in final design approval phase ahead of the die cutting and are expected to be available in early 2014.
Likely these will be in a variety of sizes, as well as silver in a variety of sizes.
We may do a special collectible edition available only to pre-orders of those.  If so it wouldn't be formalized until we are ready to mint as I can't stand any "pre-order" period that takes longer than a month.

macsga
Legendary

Activity: 1484

Strange, yet attractive.

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 08:08:59 AM

I never got the chance to see what you're up to NewLiberty. My compliments. This is a piece of art and for me, you're *definitely* an artist! GREAT job!
 Smiley

Chaos could be a form of intelligence we cannot yet understand its complexity.
NewLiberty (OP)
Legendary

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2013, 05:21:19 PM

Thank you for the kind words.  Such encouragement is our primary compensation.  
For those fortunate enough to get some of these first year pieces, there is now much more in the works.  

In celebration of the 5th anniversary of the block chain, we will accept orders for the 2014 pieces in January 1-31 with the 5 hands hallmark.  Only available in January 2014.

NewLiberty (OP)
Legendary

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2014, 02:56:53 AM

The next collectible series will be the 5th Anniversary of the Block Chain inception which will be available in January and will be the 2014.  We have not yet decided as to whether these will be hand numbered and gold plated, though this likely.  If there is significant interest, these may also be produced in solid gold.

Any orders made within the month of January 2014 may purchase these 5th anniversary commemorative handstamps.
We thank you for your continued support of the project.

NewLiberty (OP)
Legendary

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2014, 09:40:15 PM

2014 1oz Silver dies have arrived from the die-cutter, the other sizes and the gold are on the back burner pending the completion of other projects, but these should be ready for shipping in a week or two.

NewLiberty (OP)
Legendary

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2014, 11:44:20 AM

Due to request, Czech Koruna added to fiat currencies on coldhardca.sh.

x86Daddy

Activity: 216
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 10:52:20 PM

I'm seeing some eBay auctions listing "silver plated" rounds that have your design depicted.  It's nice to see the honesty of a declaration that they're a plated product, but disconcerting that they use the exact images of your coin...  Have you seen these, and if so, is there a quick way to tell them apart from the real ones?  Do they weigh differently?
NewLiberty (OP)
Legendary

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2014, 05:28:09 AM

I'm seeing some eBay auctions listing "silver plated" rounds that have your design depicted.  It's nice to see the honesty of a declaration that they're a plated product, but disconcerting that they use the exact images of your coin...  Have you seen these, and if so, is there a quick way to tell them apart from the real ones?  Do they weigh differently?

Please be aware it looks like these are some knock-offs / counterfeits.
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=181303812992
They are advertised as silver plated brass, but they are using one of the pictures taken of the pure silver pieces to sell them, so I really don't know what these are.
I will order a couple to discover the most obvious means of detecting these.
It may take a while to get them out of China during New Years, so I will post again on this when they arrive...

It looks like they may be sourced here:
http://www.aliexpress.com/w/wholesale-silver-plated-bitcoin.html

dozerz
Legendary

Activity: 2215
Merit: 1057

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 02:10:27 PM

i picked one up off a local auction site. the lettering is the most obvious using a completely different font. let me know if you would like more pics.

fake on left, real on the right.

space for rent, shilling for sats
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: