Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 01:35:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Litecoin is dying!  (Read 279 times)
tiffanywalsh (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 05:30:36 PM

Lets first analyze Litecoin. It is different from Bitcoin in 3 major ways. It runs under a different algorithm, the block speed is much faster, but the network power is not as strong as the one of bitcoin. Back in the good ol days Litecoin was peaking at $45, but what happened now? The simplest explanation is that the hype died. Litecoin was hyped to be ASIC resistant with it’s Scrypt mining algorithm and because the confirmation arrive much faster it seemed like an improvement upon bitcoin. However, we have since seen the release of the GridSeed which is an ASIC miner for litecoin. The release of the ASIC miner ruins the hype that litecoin is in fact ASIC resistant because GridSeed proves otherwise.

The other hype that surrounded litecoin was it’s faster transaction speeds and how it must be a better network. Wrong, just because a block can be solved faster and the confirmations arrive faster does not mean that the network is faster. Think of it this way, litecoin’s blocks take 2.5 minutes to be solved on average, and bitcoin blocks take 10 minutes to be solved. So in other words, 4 litecoin confirmations = 1 bitcoin confirmation security wise. So just because a confirmation arrived earlier does not mean that the transaction is just as secure as that of a longer arriving confirmation (hope that made sense).

So since litecoin is not asic proof and faster transaction speeds do not equal the same security, the hype has died. There is no real use for litecoin now because it is just another version of bitcoin with a few differences. It falls in the category of all the other litecoins which do not have any significant difference or improvements.
kinki32

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 05:33:13 PM

Lets first analyze Litecoin. It is different from Bitcoin in 3 major ways. It runs under a different algorithm, the block speed is much faster, but the network power is not as strong as the one of bitcoin. Back in the good ol days Litecoin was peaking at $45, but what happened now? The simplest explanation is that the hype died. Litecoin was hyped to be ASIC resistant with it’s Scrypt mining algorithm and because the confirmation arrive much faster it seemed like an improvement upon bitcoin. However, we have since seen the release of the GridSeed which is an ASIC miner for litecoin. The release of the ASIC miner ruins the hype that litecoin is in fact ASIC resistant because GridSeed proves otherwise.

The other hype that surrounded litecoin was it’s faster transaction speeds and how it must be a better network. Wrong, just because a block can be solved faster and the confirmations arrive faster does not mean that the network is faster. Think of it this way, litecoin’s blocks take 2.5 minutes to be solved on average, and bitcoin blocks take 10 minutes to be solved. So in other words, 4 litecoin confirmations = 1 bitcoin confirmation security wise. So just because a confirmation arrived earlier does not mean that the transaction is just as secure as that of a longer arriving confirmation (hope that made sense).

So since litecoin is not asic proof and faster transaction speeds do not equal the same security, the hype has died. There is no real use for litecoin now because it is just another version of bitcoin with a few differences. It falls in the category of all the other litecoins which do not have any significant difference or improvements.
Litecoin was main "testnet" for new bitcoin updates and will be him
cryptoux

Activity: 186
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 05:35:23 PM

Good read,LTC was only a test subject for making a lot new advance coin than BTC which we still dont know when it will be seen.
For me LTC price is the most stable price in all the alts,that means it can be safe haven when the BTC gone wild again.

qazgroup

Activity: 1022
Merit: 20

RiveMont

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 05:36:01 PM

I think the owner and developer Charlie Lee is a very smart guy, soon we will see improvements and upgrades in the litecoin chain and the price growth will be back too.

●   RiveMont   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  RVMT  ❱❱❱❱❱❱  
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  DeFi token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
fred22

Activity: 75

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 06:14:01 PM

Litecoin will go up soon and it is the best time to invest in.
aidenx2018

Activity: 26

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 06:14:39 PM

Is it a good time now to buy more ltc?
Krezz2017

Activity: 560
Merit: 128

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 07:53:25 PM

Yes, litecoin could have been overrated, as well as Ripple and other coins. But, he starts to come to life again. I do not think that it will grow as much as before, but it will rise higher than now.

valnd

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

Until the end of time

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 08:01:57 PM

every coin has it's moon period and deep period. because a coin is on it's deep period doesn't make it a hype.
even bitcoin is on it's deep now. so with other coins. we are in crypto to make money. So when a coin deep it's
time to buy and hold for hoping for moon.
bitcoin31

Activity: 1834
Merit: 523

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 08:10:01 PM

The price of the litecoin as of now is $250 and I think thag price is good even the price of this coin decrease.  Because if we compared ths price of the litecoin last fee years ago and today it's totally big difference and many people for sure earn a lot of rodit and become rich because of this coin.  Decreasing the  price of the coin is natural because all coin experience that , the good of this once the coin decrease they have posibility the price increase more than the current highest price.  But it deoends on the demand on the market if the price will go up or will go down. Better you gonna do right now is to buy bitcoin and you will earn a lot of profit after few months of holding of this coin.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 08:11:25 PM

litecoin is one of the only other solid projects here.

It is not going anywhere and when all the ico scam coins are revealed for what they are the investors will move back to real projects like this.

Borin

Activity: 260
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 08:16:37 PM

It is just correction of previous increase. If btc hit again 20 or more k , ltc will follow. If btc will dumped, ltc too... For me ltc right now  is no bet coin, now whole action its on the alts.
PolarPanda89

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 08:19:18 PM

Litecoin is everything but dying. I think it still has a great potential and i have a lot of trust in Charlie Lee and his co-workers. I buy more now the price is 'low'.
Callahan93

Activity: 6

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 08:24:10 PM

I wouldn't say Litecoin is dying. Compared to ETH its certainly having a difficult time now but I think it is good for at least a few years - especially as more users join exchanges such as Coinbase. Litecoin is a 'stable' (and therefore less risky) coin when compared to other altcoins which both go up and down more many % higher. It's not so much its value - its the percentage changes that we need to look at.
leea-1334

Activity: 2282
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 08:30:10 PM

ASIC proof is not possible with any alt. Eventually, someone somewhere, with the correct determinations and hard work, will always find a way to mine ASIC resistant coins a lot faster. The point of ASIC proof coins is that it is much much harder to develop ASICs for it.

You are absolutely correct about the transaction speed - BUT, the time to get 1 confirmation does matter. Because as soon as you get 1 confirmation, then you know the other 3 are coming quickly. It is the same difference I know, but I guess what is important is people sit around waiting for 1 confirmation. Security wise, yes, it is pointless to tout 1 sec confirmation if you need 1000 confirmations.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Ozmaan

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 08:33:48 PM

I think its all about the team and litecoin seems to have people with great background
RayX12

Activity: 952
Merit: 552

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 08:33:53 PM

BUY LOW and sell high.. correction will be incoming soon.  Roll Eyes
gamatt

Activity: 29

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 08:36:56 PM

I actually like LTC quite alot...
humanvelocity

Activity: 187
Merit: 18

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 08:42:13 PM

Everyone who watched Litecoin grow has dumped their coins and are living their dreams. I think this is the right time for people like us to get in because its a wonderful coin and I strongly believe that it will rise again. Every coin has their bad phase after reaching great heights but they comeback and stay in a stable place consider this as one of those coins.
Hermes Mercury

Activity: 318
Merit: 21

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 08:49:05 PM

We can not say that Litecoin is dying, but it is losing space in the market, with this great increase in investments and launches of currencies the investor has several options, we know that Litecoin is solid and will overcome this moment.
vv181
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 08:49:45 PM

Dying? what do you mean? Litecoin has a great and promising roadmap in 2018. Merchant processor, Popular online wallet, and Goods trading platform, that is what the Litecoin developer working on. I believe this year is going to be great for Litecoin.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: