Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:41:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Having fun with crypto.  (Read 1022 times)
cryptonexii (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 100
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2018, 10:49:53 PM
Last edit: January 24, 2018, 08:36:38 PM by cryptonexii

Coin has been launched properly

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2813560.0;topicseen

I actually ended up creating a useful coin (at least in my opinion) - MURFCOIN should provide some value to the world and rescue animals everywhere!

Thanks to everyone to tested and mined on the v0.8 network - you should now switch to the new client.

MurfCoin Engineer No. 001 - May the FLUFF be with you.
http://www.murfcoin.org
I do airdrops manually after 6PM every day PST. Please be patient :-)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Laxamentor

Activity: 5

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 11:32:16 PM

Haha, I'm pretty much in the same boat. I want to create my own crypto for educational purposes. Here's nice place to see general idea on how it can be done: https://github.com/conradoqg/naivecoin
cryptonexii (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2018, 07:14:53 AM

Nice! I've actually forked litecoin 0.8 last night, and am well on my way to creating a useless coin!

Let me know when you've done yours :-)

bitfools

Activity: 112
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 07:41:59 AM

Hey folks,

Long time listener, first time caller.

Just started compiling litecoin, but I've been into crypto since 2013 and I'm an engineer so this is pretty fun.

My master plan is to release my own coin.

Going for a true sh1tcoin with a $500 market cap! to the moon!!!!!!!

Seriously though, its pathetically easy to 'clone' a coin, ... that's why there is +2,000 shit-coins on the internet, and probably more, that don't get marketed, and hyped

Try to make it new and interesting, try to solve some of the problems of BTC ( there are 100's of reasons btc sucks ), if you can make it better, then it's not a shit-coin, ...

For  the past six years, I look at my first clone, and the only useful thing is that doing it is a great way to learn the bitcoin source, but honestly, and i think that HACKING-BITCOIN is a way better way to learn BTC, as in hacking you must really understand stuff, while 'cloning' is really just an exercise in cut&paste.

Also there are some real nice coins like BITCoIN-Z that lay dormant on this FORUM, that are actually pretty nice, well in that case other than the cap being 21 BILLION,rather than 21 million, but for its 'tech' its much better than bitcoin-gold.

Make a list of all the things that suck about BITCOIN, and try to find ways for your shit-coin to resolve the issues, the world will be on your doorstep.

Sometimes its NOT good to be TOO early, sometimes its better to be just right, we're at bitcoin 1.0, 2.0 is an unknown, and 3.0 will probably when it hits critical mass, we're still very early, I suspect that  by 2.0+ much of our 'open-source' will have gone away, because this stuff is too valuable to give away for free, thus IMHO if I had '3.0' today, I would wait until the right time, so that you don't have to give it away, just for  another guy to steal and market it, ...

It sucks and I'm not advocating, but this is the TREND, there was no such thing as 'free software' prior to 1999, and we're almost at 19 years, and NOTHING lasts forever.
aplistir

Activity: 378
Merit: 197

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 09:23:05 AM

I suspect that  by 2.0+ much of our 'open-source' will have gone away, because this stuff is too valuable to give away for free, thus IMHO if I had '3.0' today, I would wait until the right time, so that you don't have to give it away, just for  another guy to steal and market it, ...
Open source is a good thing, because bugs are corrected faster as there are more eyes searching for them. Also it is easier to make an improved "bitcoin" when the source code is available.

Quote from: bitfools
It sucks and I'm not advocating, but this is the TREND, there was no such thing as 'free software' prior to 1999, and we're almost at 19 years, and NOTHING lasts forever.

There has always been free software. The concept of selling software is much much newer.

My Address: 121f7zb2U4g9iM4MiJTDhEzqeZGHzq5wLh
arcassis

Activity: 33

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2018, 03:00:43 PM

A better approach imho is to contribute to an existing coin. The use cases to which you are exposed are incomparable to what you could do by yourself.
How to do that? Simple. Choose a project in which you believe, contact the team, ask them how could you help them and start working in as much time as you have.
livincoin

Activity: 55
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 03:35:12 PM

Actually I, too, think it's much smarter to work on solving some of the problems of BTC. First of all, your coin will be connected to the . well-known brandname of BTC, and second - it will be useful. So way much more possibilities here.  Wink
seymenyunus1654

Activity: 224
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 04:36:08 PM

I'm mathematician and i waste my all timeto learning cryptocurrencies.
Also i want to learn some software programs to make something. So i will study computer engineering.
May be in the future i can learn something like you Smiley
warriorloyo

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 10:44:36 PM

If you don't have a good idea i think it's more than useless to create a coin. People will destroy the market if too many shit coins are created. Please let the market be good and don't create useless coins. If you want to win a lot of money you have to work, in crypto if you work you can win so....
Laxamentor

Activity: 5

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 11:01:44 PM

If you don't have a good idea i think it's more than useless to create a coin. People will destroy the market if too many shit coins are created. Please let the market be good and don't create useless coins.

Market is not a small child, you don't need to make decisions for it Smiley It will decide on it's own. Useless coins will die on their own accord.
ip669

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 03:07:42 PM

the key is still getting started at any project. do it by cloning if it gets the ball rolling
arcassis

Activity: 33

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2018, 07:03:36 PM

done several startups (not in crypto).
I must admit you learn a lot from your own projects even if you fail, but the idea is to pour your hours (time it's the most expensive currency) into existing projects. To launch an altcoin is not only a technical matter, it's also a marketing and pr matter, which from a techy guy perspective is just a totally different food.
Most of the altcoins are bitcoin forks at 2014 level, so there are a lot of teams working at somehow BTC code in need of help, exposing you to complex and real matters.
I already sound like I have an altcoin project looking for developers but I'm not Smiley!
cryptonexii (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2018, 12:40:34 AM

Hey guys,

Thanks for the advice.

If I create a coin, it will be to initially learn crypto not to make any money.

It won’t be marketed, but I would like to have folks who mine it whatever because if like to learn the process.

It would be a fun coin connected to some fun goofy thing I like. Nobody in their right mind would put this on an exchange or put more than one dollar at it. You’ll see, I’ve adjusted the mining parameters already and tested it out, it will likely be fully mined in 14 years, and I have a reason for that.

In terms of fixing BTC, I’ve read most of the litecoin code at this point (been up for like 20 hours a day, I’m really into getting to understanding the code base).

I can currently build/debug, and I’ve adjusted the majority of crypto parameters and I understand them.

I’ve been a professional software engineer for almost 20 years so its not bad at all. I also work in big data and data security but my block chain crypto is still in learning phase (it’s getting better), so I will think about working on other coins once I’ve built and run my own. My docker, networking and AWS is solid so I can run the services (I think).

Anyway - we will see.

What kind of features would an interesting new coin have that Bitcoin does not? And what kind of mining difficulty parameters? My first coin may not have these but maybe my second (if I get that far :-))

Also, premine?

H1X360

Activity: 34

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 03:54:10 AM

I was actually thinking of creating my own coin simply for the learning process as well. This is one of those things that can really help you evaluate how other projects are being run, not a terrible idea really ^
nhanhzam

Activity: 52

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 04:02:53 AM

BlockCat is here for creating your own coin and smart contracts without programming knowledge Cheesy
cryptonexii (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2018, 07:43:07 AM

BlockCat is here for creating your own coin and smart contracts without programming knowledge Cheesy

Blockcat doesn't seem to actually create anything or show you any Token code though, or am I missing something?

upekhaanthony

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 08:03:57 AM

the person who have technical and programming background could create coin.But this can gave solution for real world problem which is currently existing. If can achieve this target this coin is not a shit any more. try be unique and make the market for that.

I'm also try to create ETH based coin for educational purpose. Wink

Oceat

Activity: 2506
Merit: 368

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 11:09:46 AM

the person who have technical and programming background could create coin.But this can gave solution for real world problem which is currently existing. If can achieve this target this coin is not a shit any more. try be unique and make the market for that.

I'm also try to create ETH based coin for educational purpose. Wink
These existing coins have a different and unique characteristics in which if you could take any of their attribute and put it in a single coin i'm sure everyone would be interested in it. But it will take years to discover them all i guess, since Bitcoin itself has a lot of problems that needed to be solved. I wanted to create one too for educational purposes but i guess i can't make it anymore due to my life priorities. I will just gonna wait for the right person to do it for me someday.

Aikidoka

Activity: 1078
Merit: 342

Sinbad Mixer: Mix Your BTC Quickly

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 08:41:00 PM

It is going to be a very long journey. But you know, if you want to achieve something, you should follow these following statements; Positiveness, Determination, and Willpower. With these, you will be able realize whatever you aspire, believe me. A good anime taught me those words.

But anyways, I want to know how to start your own cryptocurrency. Does it require so much knowledge? Mining perhaps? Please, note that I am still a beginner when it comes to cryptocurrency. But I understand it overall.
cryptonexii (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2018, 08:33:24 PM

Alright.

How would you feel about....

Algo: Script (Litecoin)
Total Coins : 23,000,000
Rewards : 50 Coins per Block, halving every 5.2 Months or every 230,000 blocks
Blocks every 60 seconds
Coin total mining lifetime, approx 14 years (this is the only thing I want to keep static, must be 14 years).

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: