Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 09:27:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Having fun with crypto.  (Read 1022 times)
lionelho

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 04:35:49 AM

Support you, dude Grin If you can have a small innovation, the marcketcap will be not that small.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
PEG-TOKEN
Copper Member

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

peg-token.com

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2018, 05:17:51 AM

If your starting out play about with some of the low end coins if your new to trading that way your can learn and keep any losses to a minimum.

I have seen far to many newcomers jump into trading only to be trapped by there own moves and lose it all.

| PEGTOKEN |  - https://peg-token.com - | Digital Asset Creation | BTC | ETH Cross-Chain Tokens
cryptonexii (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 100
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2018, 06:24:51 AM

If your starting out play about with some of the low end coins if your new to trading that way your can learn and keep any losses to a minimum.

I have seen far to many newcomers jump into trading only to be trapped by there own moves and lose it all.

Hey, So I'm actually developing a coin, (although I've been trading since 2013, bought Bitcoin in 2011)

MurfCoin Engineer No. 001 - May the FLUFF be with you.
http://www.murfcoin.org
I do airdrops manually after 6PM every day PST. Please be patient :-)
crypt0heaven

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 12:08:10 PM

Hey folks,

Long time listener, first time caller.

Just started compiling litecoin, but I've been into crypto since 2013 and I'm an engineer so this is pretty fun.

My master plan is to release my own coin.

Going for a true sh1tcoin with a $500 market cap! to the moon!!!!!!!

This sort of attitude concerns me. If you have a good vision for the future and a good use case, then by all means. Otherwise, you are just contributing to the money manic herd of pigs.
cryptonexii (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2018, 07:20:18 AM

Hey folks,

Long time listener, first time caller.

Just started compiling litecoin, but I've been into crypto since 2013 and I'm an engineer so this is pretty fun.

My master plan is to release my own coin.

Going for a true sh1tcoin with a $500 market cap! to the moon!!!!!!!

This sort of attitude concerns me. If you have a good vision for the future and a good use case, then by all means. Otherwise, you are just contributing to the money manic herd of pigs.

It's a joke. However, a "good vision" is subjective. I already added DGW to my coin, aswell as tweaking the difficulty, block height and "end of life" for mining.

Also I did say $500 market cap. not 500MM :-) This is for fun.

audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 08:37:21 AM

Nice! I've actually forked litecoin 0.8 last night, and am well on my way to creating a useless coin!

Let me know when you've done yours :-)

This is one of the reason why a lot of calamity and several cases of shit coins abound in the crypo world and its because of people like you who create coins not because of anything or to solve any problem neither with any vision or purpose but simply to have a name attached to it.  Even when we have argued against the solution to every bitcoin problem as a forked but we admit that there are problems but now forking LiteCoin, which does not even have any issue to the best of my knowledge or reached the capacity where it gets known to compete ( maybe to you alone) this is coming.

I guess you are envisaging that because the forked coins of bitcoin is already saturated that people have lost count, its better you start with LiteCoin in other to be part of the next millionaire from $500 market cap to a multi millionaire at some point. Congrats on adding to dragging the industry backward.
cryptonexii (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2018, 09:47:20 AM

Nice! I've actually forked litecoin 0.8 last night, and am well on my way to creating a useless coin!

This is one of the reason why a lot of calamity and several cases of shit coins abound in the crypo world and its because of people like you who create coins not because of anything or to solve any problem neither with any vision or purpose but simply to have a name attached to it.  Even when we have argued against the solution to every bitcoin problem as a forked but we admit that there are problems but now forking LiteCoin, which does not even have any issue to the best of my knowledge or reached the capacity where it gets known to compete ( maybe to you alone) this is coming.

I guess you are envisaging that because the forked coins of bitcoin is already saturated that people have lost count, its better you start with LiteCoin in other to be part of the next millionaire from $500 market cap to a multi millionaire at some point. Congrats on adding to dragging the industry backward.

I forked Litecoin because it had the most straightforward developer support, not for any other reason, but you're entitled to your opinion.

cryptonexii (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2018, 10:00:06 AM

I forked Litecoin because it had the most straightforward developer support, not for any other reason, but you're entitled to your opinion.

However, I can see how my initial post kind of make it look like I'm just adding to the noise that's already out there in the markets, and that seems to be a sore point with some people.

DannyLenny

Activity: 19

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 10:10:12 AM

Haha, I'm pretty much in the same boat. I want to create my own crypto for educational purposes. Here's nice place to see general idea on how it can be done: https://github.com/conradoqg/naivecoin

Thank you for link!
Grayy

Activity: 322
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 12:37:02 PM

I'm mathematician and i waste my all timeto learning cryptocurrencies.
Also i want to learn some software programs to make something. So i will study computer engineering.
May be in the future i can learn something like you Smiley
You don't waste your time when you study crypto currency. You're getting yourself empowered and ready for the "next big thing" that will shape your finances forever. I spend more time learning about the crypto world than I spend earning. I know it will pay off one day.
onceuponatimeinspace

Activity: 13

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 03:53:24 PM

It's easier to get into new technology on the go than reading books and examples. And x-times faster in a community.
I would offer to unite the powers and create some open-source project. It will be a good learning experience. Just need to find the common goal to construct the base level. Anyone then can fork this for its own play. Feel free to join the community https://trello.com/b/oJbbFvSQ/dive-into-blockchain
Anti-Cen

Activity: 210
Merit: 26

High fees = low BTC price

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 08:03:05 PM
Last edit: January 11, 2018, 09:14:50 PM by Anti-Cen

Yes having fun, not crazy or stupid enough to think this is the time any of us here could offer something
new that we could take to market just now but if you have something that is not just another tweaked version of the
Bitcoin core (That would never scale and they knew it) then I might offer to run a node for you.

Some degree of centralization is fine with me (Coordinators) but lets have something better than IOTA at
100 TPS that puts Bitcoin to shame by a factor of 12:1

I tend to like Block-Matrix but I am sure some "free thinkers" here could come up with something better.

Mining is the biggest mess after PoW ever invented by a programmer and a single laptop computer can handle
more than 250 bytes times 7 transactions a second so lets face it the starting blocks are not too high

PEG-TOKEN

Seems to be a type of token you can spend to pay for developers to write smart contracts for you that runs on ETH
network which is really just a smart name for a bean counter that writes values to a public block-chain and charges
you gas for the privilege that's convertible and paid for in ETH

Sorry but with five new ICO's a day I cannot read too many white papers end to end but i am sure that I could
write a public dispersed ledger that would scale to record bean values that can be independent from the currency-token
or "Smart Contracts" and offer some public independent accountability to anyone doing a ICO

For "Gas" I (Sorry us miners) would be happy to accept BTC, ETH, Ripple instead of coming up with yet a new coin and
your system could even settle up payment for the account at the end of the month instead of doing Pay-and-Go and
eating up bandwidth.

ETH is not offering much more and we know from Crypto-Kitties that it won't scale so maybe decoupling the currency
from the host provider (Decentralized array of nodes) hosting the public ledger is not so crazy and then if it won't scale
or charges too much in gas then the currency could simply move provider but the genesis block would then have to become
a balance sheet as such.

By the way smart contracts can host Easter eggs that work fine for a year, all on the block-chain and then send me all
your credits or deducts you 0.1% when year 2019 arrives and adds 0.1% to my bean count so are "Smart Contracts" open
source too once deployed because if not, well they are open to abuse so maybe someone best think about putting check-points in so any
alt-coin turning bad could be restored to a previous state. (Won't work in mixed coin block-chain like ETH)

Come on guys tell me someone has already thought about this will you now! 

Mining is CPU-wars and Intel, AMD like it nearly as much as big oil likes miners wasting electricity. Is this what mankind has come too.
Cryptotradenz

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 09:43:37 PM

You guys should check out otho.network they have a bounty and airdrop on at the moment. I think it could be a pretty big project. Worth a look anyway,

https://www.facebook.com/Otho.Network/
https://twitter.com/Otho_Network
http://forum.otho.network
arcassis

Activity: 33

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2018, 09:53:50 PM

I don't think that guys like cryptonexii are to be blamed, instead to be applauded because they bring us the progress. It's each and every one of us's fault that we are putting money in every shitcoin that pops up around! We all have to do our due diligence.
feelthebern98

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 05:17:12 AM

You can have fun developing useful technology, this should be your aim being an engineer
cryptonexii (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2018, 05:34:17 AM

If you don't have a good idea i think it's more than useless to create a coin. People will destroy the market if too many shit coins are created. Please let the market be good and don't create useless coins. If you want to win a lot of money you have to work, in crypto if you work you can win so....

i agree of what you say there are many people out there will do any thing to create something to destroy crypto currencies but they will never win as long as there are good people to work hard and fight for good bitcoins to win.

For sure, MurfCoin is something that people will either want or not want. Having FLUFF will be a matter of preference.

Achazia brigit

Activity: 15

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 08:53:18 AM

Jello, everyone

I realky having fun on crypto
cryptonexii (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2018, 07:26:45 PM

MurfCoin launch
==========
MurfCoin will go live shortly. Seed nodes are up and we're working on a blockchain explorer.

Premise of the coin:

It's a litecoin fork and is intended to be fun. 23,000,000 coins, DGW retargeting, with about 0.3% pre-mine. Blocks every 60 seconds. Coin mining lifetime is 14 years. The same as the average lifetime of a Bichon Frise. Coin ticker will be FLUFF, because that's what Bichon Frise's are all about.

I have ideas for original features to integrate into the coin, and as I learn, and based on feedback, they can hopefully be added.

SixOfFive

Activity: 630
Merit: 257

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 10:05:51 PM
Last edit: January 14, 2018, 08:24:15 PM by SixOfFive

Having Fun if BTC price increasing.
Bitcoin is totally a fun for those who bought it at really low prices. Now my plan is to keep it for little more time and ten will sell half of it for fiat.
Anti-Cen

Activity: 210
Merit: 26

High fees = low BTC price

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 11:15:06 PM

Having Fun if BTC price increasing.

I have put a stop loss on my BTC and will sell if price drops below $10,000 because I will be as
loyal to BTC as the miner are too us by putting the fees up from $0.10 to $30+ and i suggest that
you do the same.

Other fish in the sea to catch but if it's fun you seek then imagine the fun of selling at $10k with fees
at $30 and then buying back in at $5k and fees back to $1 and then asking the miners if they are still
so cock sure of themselves

Mining is CPU-wars and Intel, AMD like it nearly as much as big oil likes miners wasting electricity. Is this what mankind has come too.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: