Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 02:37:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mark Zuckerberg is looking into cryptocurrency ::) ::) ::)  (Read 674 times)
Majharul Saiif

Activity: 512
Merit: 10

BountyMarketCap

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 11:37:46 AM

This news is made my day.Really, it is a good news for all crypto currency.I think,Facebook will open a new crypto currency probably.

●   KEEP CALM & HODL   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  KCH  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
niahasasj

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 11:42:37 AM

Mark Zuckerberg is CEO of facebook.if he is comes into crypto world,it will be more popular and bitcoin users will increase.
Mjeramirez

Activity: 132
Merit: 11

Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 11:47:23 AM

I am not surprised of this comments by mark zukerberg, the man is a visionary, an inventor and one of the corner figure in the development of our current technology. In the timing of his statement, I think he is just being careful and he needs to make sure about what he is going to say because he is a very influencial person, and ofcourse maybe he is just very busy with facebook that is why he did not pay any attention with crypto before. Whatever it is, I think this is a very positive PR to cryptocurrency as a whole.

Dzernej

Activity: 54

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 11:49:53 AM

Uff, if facebook with Mark will step in than this could be start for other big investors.
crypt0heaven

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 11:50:51 AM

And here's what other top investors think

Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg says Facebook will be looking into cryptocurrency in the new year.

"There are important counter-trends to this — encryption and cryptocurrency — that take power from centralized systems and put it back into people's hands," Zuckerberg wrote in his 2018 mission statement, issued on Thursday. "But they come with the risk of being harder to control. I'm interested to go deeper and study the positive and negative aspects of these technologies, and how best to use them in our services."

Yeah, the hype is real. This technology cannot be underestimated and is here to stay. It will be the most disruptive technology we have seen since the internet. Transmission of value as easy as sending a text. Welcome to the new world.
BitcoinFrik

Activity: 140

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 11:55:15 AM

Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg says Facebook will be looking into cryptocurrency in the new year.

"There are important counter-trends to this — encryption and cryptocurrency — that take power from centralized systems and put it back into people's hands," Zuckerberg wrote in his 2018 mission statement, issued on Thursday. "But they come with the risk of being harder to control. I'm interested to go deeper and study the positive and negative aspects of these technologies, and how best to use them in our services."

That's good! Facebook has a great influence into the world. Having Mark Zuckerberg maybe someday, integrate crypto into Facebook, that will bring us another step closer to a world ruled by Cryptocurrencies.
muratsink

Activity: 1330
Merit: 256

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 11:58:12 AM

some time ago I saw this in the news, that Mark Zuckerberg interested in studying Cryptocurrency, maybe because lately a lot on social media Facebook related dissemination of Cryptocurrency project, hopefully this will be good news from Mark Zukerberg to want to develop Cryptocurrency.

1xBit.com TICKET RUSH
                                       ▄██▄▄
    ▄▄▄▀▀█████▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄    ▄███████▄
  ▄▀      ▀█▀      ▀▄        ▄█████████████████▄
 ██▌       █       ▐██      ▄████████████████▀▀██
████▄▄   ▄▄█▄▄   ▄▄████   ▄████████████████▀████
██▀   ▀▀███████▀▀   ▀██▄▄██████████████▀▀███▄▄██
█        █████        ██████████████▀██████▀▀ ▄▀
█       █     █       ███████████▀▀███▀▀▀▀▄▀▀
 █▄▄▄▄▄▀       ▀▄▄▄▄█████████████▀▀
  ▀████▄       ▄███████████████▀▀
    ▀▀▀██▄▄▄▄▄███████████████
               ████████▀▀
               ▀█▄▄▀ ▀
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
BET ON
WORLD CUP &
COLLECT TICKETS!
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
TAKE PART
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
Etoasiatsxxx

Activity: 92
Merit: 2

The Future Of Work

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 11:59:34 AM

I also saw it in his facebook post. The crypto currency is definitely worth rising.
Vishnu.Reang

Activity: 1974
Merit: 453

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2018, 12:03:55 PM

This is actually huge news. It sounds like he is trying to use decentralization for Facebook. "Giving people the power", as he says. It's interesting to see what comes to light based on his dedication to researching encryption.

As far as cryptocurrency? Allowing Bitcoin to be used to pay for ads will be a game changer. A GAME CHANGER.

I'm anxious to see what comes of this.

And for reference, here's a link and quote to his personal mission statement for 2018, as found on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/zuck/posts/10104380170714571

Every year I take on a personal challenge to learn something new. I've visited every US state, run 365 miles, built an AI for my home, read 25 books, and learned Mandarin.

I started doing these challenges in 2009. That first year the economy was in a deep recession and Facebook was not yet profitable. We needed to get serious about making sure Facebook had a sustainable business model. It was a serious year, and I wore a tie every day as a reminder.

Today feels a lot like that first year. The world feels anxious and divided, and Facebook has a lot of work to do -- whether it's protecting our community from abuse and hate, defending against interference by nation states, or making sure that time spent on Facebook is time well spent.

My personal challenge for 2018 is to focus on fixing these important issues. We won't prevent all mistakes or abuse, but we currently make too many errors enforcing our policies and preventing misuse of our tools. If we're successful this year then we'll end 2018 on a much better trajectory.

This may not seem like a personal challenge on its face, but I think I'll learn more by focusing intensely on these issues than I would by doing something completely separate. These issues touch on questions of history, civics, political philosophy, media, government, and of course technology. I'm looking forward to bringing groups of experts together to discuss and help work through these topics.

For example, one of the most interesting questions in technology right now is about centralization vs decentralization. A lot of us got into technology because we believe it can be a decentralizing force that puts more power in people's hands. (The first four words of Facebook's mission have always been "give people the power".) Back in the 1990s and 2000s, most people believed technology would be a decentralizing force.

But today, many people have lost faith in that promise. With the rise of a small number of big tech companies — and governments using technology to watch their citizens — many people now believe technology only centralizes power rather than decentralizes it.

There are important counter-trends to this --like encryption and cryptocurrency -- that take power from centralized systems and put it back into people's hands. But they come with the risk of being harder to control. I'm interested to go deeper and study the positive and negative aspects of these technologies, and how best to use them in our services.

This will be a serious year of self-improvement and I'm looking forward to learning from working to fix our issues together.

Honestly, this seems a little too perfect a response. May be I am thinking too much but probably he is preparing himself for the Presidential candidacy Tongue Tongue But other than that it sounds cool! and its only true that once a technology is stable, you can try to find out its applications and make it better or use it for purposes that is unthinkable now! This is how technology advances. No body thought during the advent of web technology or desktops that they will be reduced to our hands. Someone discovers/invents a technology and then we have enough number of proficient people to work on it to improve its capabilities for the better (or worse!) of mankind  just like nuclear fission/fusion which can generate electricity for thousands of years or kill thousands of people with the little or no effort! Smiley Smiley Smiley
A Feeder

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 12:10:01 PM

Great news. But if he decentralizes facebook, it will be a disaster. All he can do maybe is associate the social network with the ongoing cryptocurrency world. This will benefit both facebook and the forum.
crptotrader007

Activity: 292
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 12:15:29 PM

Well that's another good news for Crypto traders as Facebook is a huge social network. There are millions of people using it.
Introducing crypto currency on the network by it's owner itself would be a huge deal as it will be then known by a million new people.
At least 10k people out of the million people would then invest in Crypto and that would gain the price of a good number of Altcoins.
This means more benefit for us and the early investors.
Chyton

Activity: 322
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 12:17:02 PM

We can't be so sure that what Mark will invent is really cryptocurrency or blockchain. He is the person who wants control over something he has made, Facebook for example, he owns the majority of voting power which means he controls Facebook. I think he will invent something more like XRP / Ripple rather than decentralised invention.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
Anonymous and Untraceable
ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord 

▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
Gintron

Activity: 112

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 12:18:20 PM

I believe this will boost the value of Bitcoin. I am glad to hear that the people on top recognize crypto currencies. This will be a good year for the crypto world.

Bitcore BTX - The Future Is Now | free BTX claiming for BTC holders + weekly airdrops + GPU mining
Bitcore F.A.Q.   |   BTX claiming + more info   |   ANN bitcointalk: open discussion   
segwit + bloom + 10 MB blocks + 2.5 min blocktime + only 400 MB blockchain! + Diff64_15 smooth algo
focmere

Activity: 126
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 12:25:36 PM

Mark Zuckerberg is CEO of facebook.if he used the bitcoin,bitcoin will be more popular.

Only the fact that he mentioned Bitcoin will make the price go high (althrough right now it seems is gonna go down). I look forward to see what Facebook reserves for us.
penig

Activity: 266
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 12:28:30 PM

Read what it says not what you want to say.  It says he'll be researching crypto, this means he'll assess if and where it may be an advantage to his platform.  It does not mean he plans to adopt crypto currency and certainly doesnt mean bitcoin will be involved if they do.

He's saying something that Wall Street will be interested to hear.  That is a good story for crypto because it means its becoming part of the standard landscape.

Realistically if they adopt a crypto it would be their own.  It would probably not really be a crypto, because they can distribute their own currency for thier platform anyway - dont they already do this?  So they'll fudge something together, release it as ICO to great fanfair while raising a bunch of cash.  doubles all round.

LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 16655

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2018, 12:30:17 PM

The whole point of decentralized cryptocurrencies is getting away from big established institutions, and yet, the entire crypto-market responds sharply to opinions given by the richest people who benefit most from centralized power.

This is actually huge news. It sounds like he is trying to use decentralization for Facebook. "Giving people the power", as he says.
Zuckerberg used to say he puts the user-experience on #1. Then, he had his IPO, and now the stock holders (including himself) are #1. Paid advertising is probably #2, some other rich corporations #3-8, and the users are somewhere at the bottom around #200.

This is a great news for crypto. I hope Facebook will adopt bitcoin and existing altcoin than creating its own crypto currency. Nevertheless, I am sure more people will be interested in crypto with Facebook support.
If anything, I expect Facebook to compete with Paypal. Think of it like Microsoft using it's market dominance to kill compatition (does anyone even remember Netscape or ICQ?), just like Facebook destroyed other social networks.
If Facebook introduces it's own payment system, it doesn't matter whether or not it'll be decentralized, it will start out with a billion users instantly.

But if he decentralizes facebook, it will be a disaster.
What's with the decentralization hype? Facebook runs on millions of servers, there's nothing there to decentralize.

dreamer81

Activity: 616
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 12:30:52 PM

Not sure what he plans to do. I doubt he is going to make facebook money based on crypto, so it's probably just a start up he is thinking about.
but it meens blockchain is here to stay!
developeX

Activity: 29

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 12:31:12 PM

This is Great and i wish he find a great solution for bitcoin transaction,
I don't know if he is planning to create his own crypto but i think this is a great move.
Artgame

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 12:32:01 PM

Waiting for Facebook Coin announcement  Grin Cheesy
mOgliE
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1251

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 12:56:15 PM

Hi,

And?

Actually you know it is not important as a piece of news. There are many people around the world "looking into" crypto.. Zuckerberg has invented something... But it is rather a marketing tool than a new technology. Him talking about BTC just means that some "new" people may look into it because he talked about it.

But you know, he is just one guy. And as long as I know, you don't pay for FB. So you don't need BTC Wink

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: