Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 11:17:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 69 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ICO or buy later on exchange ?  (Read 30103 times)
ItsEzMkay

Activity: 303
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 11:01:33 PM

For me it only makes sense to participate in an ICO now that either has a highly reputable team or has a product that can produce funds after. If it does not have these two things I will rather buy on an exchange later on.

Cootie

Activity: 292
Merit: 102

Bounty Detective

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 11:18:13 PM

How often does the price get lower than the ICO price when a new coin is listed on its first exchange house ?

How come there are coins that are worth like 0.0004 $, usually during an ICO one coin is sold in the range of 1$ or not ?

Do some "coins" skip the ICO stage ?

I think buying coins when ico is more profitable because you will get some bonus tokens.
while when the coin enter your exchanger will not get any bonus.

of course, we can get the bonus if we buy coins when ico is started is profitable but there is no guarantee for us to see the price will increase after it's launch in the exchanges. as far as I know, when the ico release in the exchange, there will be a pump until it's high and then dump too hard and the price will stay at the bottom and needs time to increase to the normal price. no one will know when the price increase or decrease especially if we talking about ico because the ico itself needs time to prove their project it's good or not and then people will give their opinion. if they have a good opinion then they buy and invest the coin and if it's not, then the coin price will be staying for a long time.
I agree. It is sure that you'll get bonus during ico, but the thing is will you able to sell them. It is important to know the potential of coin you're investing to. Profitability of the coin is essential for the success of your investment.

► Bounty Detective ◄ ♦ Transparency And Trust ♦ ► Bounty Detective ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Telegram Channel|Twitter|Telegram Group|Youtube Channel
Mobshady24

Activity: 266
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 11:37:45 PM

With recent happenings right after ICO the price tend to go below its normal pricing because of the campaign so i think it's better to buy right after they list their coin because bounty hunters normally accepts earning below ICO price than investors.

DCCDistributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
jhontwis

Activity: 756
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 12:32:43 AM

I think Flixxo has gotten so good. However, not every ICO can earn it. I need to examine the managers of the ICO and the team that supports the project.
ipanks

Activity: 1610
Merit: 507

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 12:45:10 AM

I think Flixxo has gotten so good. However, not every ICO can earn it. I need to examine the managers of the ICO and the team that supports the project.

it is hard to make a big profit from the ico because the project is just started and it needs to prove if the coin is good enough to survive in the exchange or not. I think buy later on the exchange is the best thing that we can do if we are afraid of being lost and we should determine how much money we want to used to buy the coin. but if we are really wanted to participate in the ico, then we need to find info about the project and everything that will make us believe that the project will get success in the exchange.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
babygun

Activity: 2128
Merit: 254

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2018, 12:58:19 AM
Last edit: January 15, 2018, 09:54:22 PM by babygun

Best place is going to be two places actually, it's going to be right in the start of the ICO stage (given it's a good idea, good team, etc) and the other time is going to be right after the dump on the exchanges, as the people who participated in the ICO want to see some of their money so this brings on a ton of people trading instantly their coins. Buying on the dump is pretty solid, as the value goes up drastically after this time -- in most cases this is, not all.

So, two as I said.

If it is a good ICO with a solid team and wellthought roadmap, than your strategy of buying on the dump is interesting as most likely price will again go up after the dump. But it involves some risk as there are thousands of ICO's and it is difficult to find a real good one.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Coindest

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 01:38:09 AM

more profitable to take a part in ICO on stage pre-sale this will give you the maximum bonuses
kaya11

Activity: 1316
Merit: 110

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 01:53:46 AM

How often does the price get lower than the ICO price when a new coin is listed on its first exchange house ?

How come there are coins that are worth like 0.0004 $, usually during an ICO one coin is sold in the range of 1$ or not ?

If the coin had an ICO and it is a promising one then probably whales had eyes on it too. The scene is like this, first they would pump the coin, and then it would go higher in price, and when those whales see they could earn from their bought coins on ICO, they dump it and that's how ICO coins most likely will have a hard time to recover.

But if things go well, focus on the developers and when ICO is listed on the exchanges, stay with them and talk to them whether there are some sort of updates and news to come on the coin, the earlier the project develops the better.

I have no past experience on ICO that have skipped as a matter of fact some might extend their ICO dates, but I do have known some coins that never had an ICO as it was privately funded and the good thing is the coin succeeded.

purecane

Activity: 47
Merit: 5

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 01:58:55 AM

ICO's are for the gamblers...the dice rollers of life. You can't win if you don't play.
Black_bl

Activity: 503
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 11:36:44 AM

I don't know how often it happens, but prices do definitely go below the ICO price. A majority of the time it happens because of pumping and dumping. People will group together and buy some coin at very cheap rates, especially new coins, and as soon as the price moves up a little bit, they will dump all of their coins.

And yes, coins do skip the ICO stage. A lot of people view the ICO stage as proof that a coin is a scam and believe that true developers would not ICO. On the contrary, some view an ICO as necessary to get a coin some exposure and use.

This makes a lot of sense and is something we should all be aware of and watch out for when investing in new ICOs and cryptos.  I personally feel that ICOs Are a good thing and I like participating in them every chance I get. Not Only to support the project, but has another number mentioned you also have the possibility for bonus tokens. I’m still learning the intricacies of the whole thing myself.
I disagree, because a lot of is based just on promises...give me an example ICO which has been proven with three or four years development and achieve all goals, i would say no one is there
Ethereum, ripple? And i know another project such as santiment with a working product and tenx you can try to use the tenx card to pay something. This is just the matter of time until a lot of people will be realizing about the fact they are still in the development progress. Please do more research about that
If you read my post carefully, you know that I meant older coins from 2012, 2013. Ethereum will be probably one of few exceptions. Ripple? Ripple doesn't seem to be serious. A Trap on investors, the same story in spring, the same story again with the same result. No one need ripple as currency, it's a big mistake. You can just use blockchain as technology and we can see another nice example how you can make $100 billions bubble with maybe $1 billion...only what you need to have control and ripple has this control
JRDuran

Activity: 145
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 12:25:22 PM

The is no reason to wait the coin hit in the exchange before buying, ico or pre-sale is the best time to buy as long as you've done checking the ico, sometimes after you bought the coin/token in the exchange from a higher price it goes down and will loose your patience.
rizkyhiw
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 02:51:07 PM

by the time an ico coin has entered the exchange the price will be different, can go up or down.
but, if you buy during pre-sale you can get an additional discount or bonus of some coins.
you should buy during pre-sale, and you will benefit when the coins start up and enter the exchange.
sukamasoto
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1006

Black Panther

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 03:05:52 PM

ICO may the right time to invest , just remember that cryptocurrency far more riskier than stock exchange so nobody able predict it right.
At the moment, I try to invest tokenomy ( my local cryptocurrency ) as I believe they because they provide clear roadmap and very solid team.

But I'm still feel risky

▄._      
                                       ▀█████████▀ 
                                     ,▄▓████████   
                                ╓▄▓███████████▀   
                           ╓▄▓███████▀╙.  ▀█     
                      ▄▄▓███████▀╙▄▄▄▄███         
                 ▄▄▓███████▀╙▄,  ▓███████        
           .▄▄▓██████▀▀╙▄▄▓████▌ ████████         
      .▄▄███████▀▀╙▄▄  ▐███████▌ ████████         
 .▄▄███████▀▀ ▐▄▄▓████ ▐███████▌ ████████         
╙█████▀▀▐▄▄▓  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████        
 ╙▀ ▄▄▓█████  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████         
    ████████  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████         
    ████████  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████             
peter.from.penn

Activity: 62
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 03:30:55 PM

There are coins that skip the ICO stage.  However, these are usually new blockchain projects, like Pascal Coin or LUXCoin, and have a finished product.  They're created by very small teams, usually working part-time.  On the other hand, projects that are after corporate partners need marketing, software development, sales, etc.  They need an ICO to fund development.  So it depends upon the product.
Generally speaking, prices are usually better in the ICO stage.  But promising projects will grow in value after hitting the exchanges.
Davehad

Activity: 70

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 03:41:16 PM

As a poster above said, generally there will be bonuses during an ICO and usually a better bonus at an earlier stage. 

The Novatoken ICO for example started off at 60% bonus and dropped at each stage down to 50/40/30 etc.  That should, therefore, give you an advantage over any market price and covers for the coin dropping (people dumping as soon as it gets to market) once launched. 

A lot of coins/tokens of course aren't in it for the trading of the coins or the market - they are in it for the solution and for using the blockchain as a technology to solve a problem - Novatoken for example allows ownership of electronic trading cards, you get a card and you own it - and you can then trade it in an in-game marketplace using Novatokens.  The more NVT you earn the better and more cards you receive - common/uncommon/epic/legendary.  So you can see there's a benefit to holding the tokens rather than selling.  It will be fascinating to see how the market reacts and is influenced by the dynamics of this - and of course the platform isn't restricted to the one game.

More information here:

https://novablitz.com
https://t.me/novablitz

The ICO finishes on the 31st January and so it won't be long before the above is answered.
onpages

Activity: 241
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 03:59:59 PM

many projects are targeting prices when ICO is at $ 1 rate. and usually when entering the exchange, the price will rise early and slightly down, even up to the lowest value. it is usually influenced when a new registered coin on the exchange will occur a high pump from the supplied suppliers.
and can go down as many dumps are happening.,

coins pass through ICO. I've found such a situation. and usually it happens from the airdrops project.
I think it may be the team's way of developing the project but it will be a bit difficult or long-lasting than the ICO. Because ICO is usually very helpful in the process of forming a team or group of projects. so the ICO way I think is more effective.
Poink

Activity: 350
Merit: 122

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 04:00:48 PM

Depends on the coin/project.  In good exchange, seldom can you buy a good coin lower than ICO price.

The ones that dip below are usually shit coins OR listed on bad exchange (or both).

Yes some get listed w/o going through ICO  
winspiral
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1026

Free WSPU2 Token or real dollars

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2018, 04:06:53 PM

Depends on the coin/project.  In good exchange, seldom can you buy a good coin lower than ICO price.

The ones that dip below are usually shit coins OR listed on bad exchange (or both).

Yes some get listed w/o going through ICO  

If to many token are given at the airdrop phase...generaly the token price downs.
My WINSPIRAL(WSPRL) Token can only goes up because it is 100% airdrop.

MaximMax

Activity: 25

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 04:07:57 PM

I dont believe in ICO but I think better to earn on speculation
Clark05

Activity: 1274
Merit: 263

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 04:21:53 PM

Ico is good way to earn more profit, because you can purchase  a coin who price is cheap and for sure after few months of holding you can make big rofit from that. But remember better if you mke a research first about the altcoin you want to invest because some of them beconmw failed and did not reached target market cap.  But they hve disadvantage also the ICO because once it will be tradable the price decrease so in just sncerio better to invest after the ICO or the coin become tradable but it depends to the coin what is better is either during ICO or after being listed to the exchanges site.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 69 »
  Print  

Jump to: