Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 05:11:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 69 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ICO or buy later on exchange ?  (Read 30103 times)
zorgo

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 04:01:17 PM

Today it is better to buy only at the exchange. there are just too many scam ico. even good ico have become scam later. I would always buy only if the project is listed. and then I buy from the bounty people under ico price. but only if the dev are still active.
I agree, for me I preferred to buy in the exchange mostly Ico's are scam. Some Ico dev doesnt like to develop their project anymore once it become successful. Better buy in the exchange because in an Ico we dont know yet what will it be after.  
But we know examples, when price at the moment of listing is more, than ICO's price in 2-3 times. Recent projects for example: Huobi Token, Arcblock.
All those projects have something commo-they were sold out in very short time. So if you see that presale is more than half of hard cap for example, it's better to buy at ICO most of times.
dzelenyanskiy

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 04:04:49 PM

If everyone will think so it is better to buy coins on exchanges but not on ICO, then no project can be implemented, including those that could be useful to people!
MartiniBlanco

Activity: 647
Merit: 260

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 04:13:13 PM

Sometimes it is better to wait for an exchange... Because the most coins are getting hammered below ICO price as soon as they are tradable on an exchange... I try to buy the overhyped ICOs on an exchange. I only participate in ICOs which are under the radar.
Dansamiv

Activity: 224
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 05:10:26 PM

In my opinion, this problem depends a lot on good ICO selection. By if a quality and potential ICO, clear in transparency. Exposure to their tokens in pre-ICOs is usually much more profitable. By giving a number of tokens for sale in the ICO. They see and adjust prices at a consistent level.
seo-maestro

Activity: 420
Merit: 15

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 05:31:01 PM

Today Experty (EXY) was listed on Kucoin and now EXY are selling -40% from ICO price: I'm buying it and HODL
arjuna BTC

Activity: 994
Merit: 250

BabelFish - FISH Token Sale at Sovryn

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 05:34:34 PM

its depends on how confident you are in that project ?
if you have a lot of convidence you can buy in ICO, because usually ICO price is cheaper
thats what i do mate  Wink

USD Stablecoin Aggregator
                                              ▄███████
                                            ▄█▀▄█████▀
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      █▀▄███████
          ▄▄████████████████▄▄▀▀██████▄   ▄█ ███████
  ▄     ▄██▀▀▀▀█████████▄▀██████▄▄▀▀████  █████████▀
▄███▄ ▄███ █▀▀█ █████████▄█▀████████▄▄▀▀███████████
██ ▀███▀ █▄▀▀▀▀▄███ ██▀████▄▀████████▀███████████▀▀
██  ███████████████ ██ █████ ███▀▀▄▄▄██████████████
██▄██▀█████████████ ███ ███  ▄▄▄█████▀██▀▀█████████
 ▀█▀   ▀████████▀▀▄██▀ ▀▀▄▄██▄▄▀██▀▄▄██    ████████▄
         ▀█████▄█▀▀▀▄█████████▀▄▄▄███▀      ▀███████
               ▀▀▀███████████▄▄████▀          ██████▄
                                               ▀▀█████
BabelFish███████▄
▀█████▄▀█▄
 ███████▄▀█      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ███████ █▄   ▄██████▀▀▄▄████████████████▄▄
  ▀█████████  ████▀▀▄▄██████▀▄█████████▀▀▀▀██▄     ▄
   ███████████▀▀▄▄████████▀█▄█████████ █▀▀█ ███▄ ▄███▄
   ▀▀███████████▀████████▀▄████▀██ ███▄▀▀▀▀▄█ ▀███▀ ██
   ██████████████▄▄▄▀▀███ █████ ██ ███████████████  ██
   █████████▀▀██▀█████▄▄▄  ███ ███ █████████████▀██▄██
  ▄████████    ██▄▄▀██▀▄▄██▄▄▀▀ ▀██▄▀▀████████▀   ▀█▀
  ███████▀      ▀███▄▄▄▀█████████▄▀▀▀█▄█████▀
 ▄██████          ▀████▄▄████████████▀▀
█████▀▀
FISH token sale at Sovryn
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
titovvald

Activity: 43

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 05:35:36 PM

I think it's more profitable to buy on ICO because it's cheaper, but ICO is risky.
ManuelManuel

Activity: 12

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 06:14:00 PM

I think getting in at the ICO stage is allot more profitable. Its by far the best way to maximise profits. That being said it comes with a tremendous amount of risk. ICO's are after all pretty much all classing themselves as utility tokens when they are obviously securities which means they don't owe you anything. If the company fails you own nothing. You are buying a currency hoping that the network increases in value meaning the value of your token increases in value so this really is the ideal situation for anybody launching a start up. Get ungodly amounts of money without having a working product and without having to owe anything to shareholders if it fails. Its a no loose situation.

This all makes investing in ICO's lethal if you don't know what you are looking for. There are so many traps that an unsuspecting investor can fall into. However its these risks that make investing in ICOs so profitable. These trappings of ICOs stop a whole heap of potential investors. So if you can get up to date on the fundamentals you should be able to make an informed decision on ico investments.

So my answer would be if you are not confident in the research you have done wait for the coin to hit the exchange and even then don't buy straight away wait a week because coins that hit exchanges more often than not pump then dump when early investors decide to take profit
cryptowye

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 06:23:05 PM

It is depends how deep is your pockets. If you could have more diversified portfolio, invest in the earliest will be best after in depth due deligent on the prospect of the ICOs that you intended to invest in. Also don't expect instant flip especially in the weaker market condition like now. Spreads across few good icos should yield good returns imo
Vseguin45

Activity: 45
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 08:06:36 PM

I think for someone who doesn't want to risk his money and wants to earn a bit of money, he has to participate in the ICO instead, which requires more work. But for people who are not afraid of risk and want to make money just by speculating should rather buy in exchanges platforms
drogba773

Activity: 294
Merit: 15

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 08:28:26 PM

Depends. If they have a bounty program above %3-4, then i would suggest you to buy on exchange
muncuss

Activity: 660
Merit: 101

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 08:58:20 PM

I think it's more profitable to buy on ICO because it's cheaper, but ICO is risky.
Nope bro
Some icos i joined bounty are below ico price now, after btc crash yesterday. better buy in pre ico coz more cheap+bonus, if you find really good ico

Hillthy

Activity: 229

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 01:33:51 AM

I think it is very difficult to choose the right one. Because it depends a lot on their ICO project. Some ICO campaigns tend to stabilize the token price based on the amount of supply and the source of the tokens sold after the ICO. So buying at ICO is very beneficial in the long run after they launch exchanges. It may take a lot of time for them to launch the beta exchange. It is hard at the moment you hold or sell tokens after that process. So choosing a good ICO will solve this problem.
Nikobitkoint54097

Activity: 182

Blockchain Identity Verification

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 05:19:18 AM

Depending on many factors everybody evaluating for himself. I think team, experience and idea itself are the core. If you believe in them, go ahead to ico. If not, wait, maybe it will not reach exchange
It's not enough just to believe in the team!The project that goes to the ICO should be all right with the documentation!The very meaning of the project should be clearly stated,and it is desirable that they already have a product that they plan to present!

demenBTC

Activity: 742
Merit: 251

PRIVATE FEDERATED BLOCKCHAIN

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 05:59:39 AM

Today it is better to buy only at the exchange. there are just too many scam ico. even good ico have become scam later. I would always buy only if the project is listed. and then I buy from the bounty people under ico price. but only if the dev are still active.
I agree, for me I preferred to buy in the exchange mostly Ico's are scam. Some Ico dev doesnt like to develop their project anymore once it become successful. Better buy in the exchange because in an Ico we dont know yet what will it be after.  
buying in ico is very profitable and also high risk, but for experienced investors will always buy in a clear ico project, a matter of risk for investors are common, lose or win is common in investment

██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀██████████
████████▀░▄██████████▄░▀████████
██████▀░████████▀▀▀█████░▀██████
█████░░███████▀░░░░██████░░█████
████░░██████▀░░▄██░███████░░████
███░░█████▀░░▄███░▄████████░░███
████████▀░░▄████░░██████████▀▀██
█░░░░██░░▄█████░░█████▀░░██░░░░█
██████████████░░████▀░░▄████▄▄██
███░░████████▀░███▀░░▄█████░░███
████░░███████░██▀░░▄██████░░████
█████░░██████░░░░▄███████░░█████
██████▄░█████▄▄▄████████░▄██████
████████▄░▀██████████▀░▄████████
██████████▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄██████████

ZROCOR    
  PRIVATE FEDERATED NETWORK 
CREATING THE MOST ACCESSIBLE PLATFORM
                 FOR SELF-ACTUALIZATION               
FACEBOOK  ♦  TWITTER   ♦   WHITEPAPER   ♦   ZAPPS   ♦   GITHUB
     ZROCOR    
  PRIVATE FEDERATED NETWORK 

██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀██████████
████████▀░▄██████████▄░▀████████
██████▀░████████▀▀▀█████░▀██████
█████░░███████▀░░░░██████░░█████
████░░██████▀░░▄██░███████░░████
███░░█████▀░░▄███░▄████████░░███
████████▀░░▄████░░██████████▀▀██
█░░░░██░░▄█████░░█████▀░░██░░░░█
██████████████░░████▀░░▄████▄▄██
███░░████████▀░███▀░░▄█████░░███
████░░███████░██▀░░▄██████░░████
█████░░██████░░░░▄███████░░█████
██████▄░█████▄▄▄████████░▄██████
████████▄░▀██████████▀░▄████████
██████████▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄██████████

Sacool

Activity: 2

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 06:29:57 AM

better we discuss this in new ICO discussion group on telegram...

https://t.me/joinchat/H-tLtQtKUSuKTEP3YvTXlQ
weakhandsgaming

Activity: 80
Merit: 4

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 06:31:02 AM

Most of the time ICO's drop to their ICO price when hitting the exchanges because of the bonuses from presale investors. And waiting in exchange will be safer to avoid scam icos
sugihe

Activity: 196

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 06:42:48 AM

the average price of coin in the ICO is $ 1 but not infrequently that wets $ 0.1 price but the future of coin depends upon launch. and in fact after the launch they all lose their identity, so I think if you are not sure with ico you will invest should just wait them in exchange.

This trick is good for investing in ico that we are not sure about the token.
If we know the potential of the ico, i will choose to invest in ico because we will get much more benefit like extra bonus.
inthelongrun

Activity: 1764
Merit: 597

The Martian Child

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 06:57:29 AM

Most of the time I just invest when I see some very good ICOs. Early bonuses are so tempting. Buying in exchanges are okay too but since charts aren't really working well on early coins you need to make a guess analysis.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
zokilnmet

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 08:04:35 AM

Difficult question. There have been ICO tokens that have gone up 1,000%+. During ICO all campaigns make big discounts and after ICO you have a good chance to make x10, but it risky. There is no guarantee of the growth. 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 69 »
  Print  

Jump to: