Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:58:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is McAfee a particularly good source of information  (Read 414 times)
Chuck_Norri_Ukraine

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 10:26:34 AM

He is good speculator and big money earning,yes information is particularly good how u say,if u have auto buy bot u can get nice amount of coins,money...and yes McAfee is going to be eating his own genetal in 2018 Cheesy
Кaк нacтpoить бoтa?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nesh1

Activity: 448
Merit: 110

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 10:40:40 AM

If you want to know a success story with bitcoin then yes he is a good source of information but if you mainly want to know about bitcoin self i would say just use this forum to get your answer on all your questions.
invitro

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 10:56:16 AM

No he's not. He gets paid to shill random coins.

Do your own reserach
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 11:07:41 AM

It seems that he is very active and kind of giving frequent signals, but apart from the effective antivirus, is there any particular reason to believe that his views are any better than others? I am just asking, as I have not bothered to research much  Tongue
Before his giving the "coin of the day" then it was changed to "coin of the week". He's a well known programmer and the owner of the famous anti virus. And he's the one that even said bitcoin will reach $500,000 or else he will eat his own member if he fails with that prediction and suddenly he changed it too $1,000,000. He's one of the supporter of the crypto's and I like his attraction to other investors but sometimes his words aren't accurate.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
happyme1818

Activity: 568
Merit: 254

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 11:13:55 AM
Last edit: January 09, 2018, 04:46:54 PM by happyme1818

It seems that he is very active and kind of giving frequent signals, but apart from the effective antivirus, is there any particular reason to believe that his views are any better than others? I am just asking, as I have not bothered to research much  Tongue
Not all of his recommendation is 100% real, some of them is used to pump and dump altcoins. If those coin he recommend is a good investment then he must be hired as their adviser. It is also easy to say that his tweeter account got hacked. I would believe him if he do it on youtube.
Emperor of Man

Activity: 886
Merit: 510

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 11:18:26 AM

he is a multi millionaire and security expert thus people give value to his comments on the coins but there are some claims that he demand for  25 btc and 15% of supply of coin for giving any status about the coin.... you should make your research before investing in any coin
Although I don't pay attention to him much, but those claims were based on photoshopped pictures of his chats (fake discussions with coin devs interested in his services)! They weren't legit.  Smiley
emoji00 (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 03:10:38 PM

It seems that he is very active and kind of giving frequent signals, but apart from the effective antivirus, is there any particular reason to believe that his views are any better than others? I am just asking, as I have not bothered to research much  Tongue

he is a multi millionaire and security expert thus people give value to his comments on the coins but there are some claims that he demand for  25 btc and 15% of supply of coin for giving any status about the coin.... you should make your research before investing in any coin

That is a little bit of my point really. I think he is just cashing out his name and by doing so he is burning a reputation that has been earned through many years making recommendations on crappy coins and good stuff alike.
mvplol

Activity: 62

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 03:13:15 PM

He's broke. Google it. He sold McAfee in 2010 and has since lost over 100 million. Now he's shilling cryptos and using his status to recover some of his lost fortune.
thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 03:30:10 PM

I have never seen an accurate prediction by McAfee worth mentioning or at least crypto related. I don't know what this guy has been doing all his life since he created the anti-virus empire... probably nothing but being on a perpetual vacation, now he comes back with crypto to stay relevant, will support anything as long as you pay him. He is similar to Jeff Berwick and all these guys that will pump anything on their Youtube channels for a nice sum, wouldn't trust these guys at all. They don't care about crypto and what it means, they just want more $$$.
panjay

Activity: 1079
Merit: 352

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 03:44:19 PM

nope, Mcafee just has a great number followers that will market buy anything he mentions because he said so, like xvg,trx rdd or any other coins.
invitro

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 03:45:22 PM

People will stop following him when they realize he's just making money for himself
Caesar-Giulius

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 03:48:21 PM

IMO, the coins he tweeted usually pump and dump. It is better not to take part.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████▀██████████████
█████████▄▄      ▀▀██▀╜  ▀▀███████████
████████████▄       ██   ▀^╓▀█████████
██████████████      ║█    ,▀██████████
█████████████▄▄      █▌   ████████████
████████████████▄     ▀█▄  ███████████
████████████████▀,,,    ╙▀▀█▀ ████████
█████████████████▀▀▀█▄▄       ████████
███████████████▀     ▀███████▀████████
██████████████▌       ▐█* ▀▓▀ ████████
████████████*██▄     ▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄████████
██████████▀`  ▀██▄   ▀████████████████
████████▀`  ▄█████▌   ╙███████████████
████████▄,   ▀████ ,,,  "▀▀███████████
██████████,,,,, ╙█▄███▄▄,,,,╙▀████████
L B X.

■                         ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                         ■
The London Block Exchange
■                         ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                         ■

WDownload OnW
[.
          ▄▄█▀
         ███▀
   ▄▄▄▄  ▀  ▄▄▄▄
 ▄███████▄██████▌
▐██████████████▌
███████████████
▐██████████████▌
 ███████████████▌
  ██████████████▌
   ▀████▀▀▀████▀
/      ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▐
     ▄█▀████▀█▄
    ▐██████████▌
 ▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
 ▀▀ ████████████ ▀▀
    ▀██████████▀
      ▐██  ██▌
      ▐██  ██▌
]

zikabra

Activity: 574
Merit: 139

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 04:09:40 PM

Probably because he has lots of followers, the more follower he has the more people will invest in coins he claims that are going up which will actually cause coins to go up. It is simple as that and I don't see any other reason why he is so great speculator.
ItBeginInAfrica

Activity: 120
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 04:17:21 PM

the guy is particularly popular and knows how to catch your attention when writing something.

He left his McAfee Antivirus in '94 and supported BTC (and cryptos in general) in early stages so we could
consider him both an expert and an investor in this field. For sure he has a lot to gain when citing various coins
he holds so, if you can take advantage of his tweets in a fast way, it is a good thing to do  Grin

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion  ✔  Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency  ✔  TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️    ★    ✔ VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
aveenocoin

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 04:18:59 PM

I agree with others that it's very possible he's paid to shill some coins.  Bottom line though, he has a lot of followers and the coins he endorses get a nice bump.  This is one of the main reasons I bought into the Latium ICO.  He's an advisor to their team and I'm guessing he's holding lots of bags.  Once it goes live, he'll clearly endorse the project.
Freezingel

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 04:21:29 PM

I don't think so, sometimes he make a good reason for choosing coin in crypto but because he's a famous person there's a lot of people who follow his word blindly and make a pump and dump scenario. I don't follow his advice as I prefer to do research on my own, but I do thank him because out of the coin that he tweet, I owned three of them and make a lot of profit from that.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▄▄██████▄▄▄
       ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████▀▀▀▀██▀  ▄▄█████▄▄
     ▄████▀▀▀▀▀████▀        ▄████▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄
    ███▀         ▀        ▄██▀▀         ▀███
   ███▀                 ▄██▀              ▀▀▀
████████████          ▄██▀
   ███▄             ▄██▀                  ▄▄▄
    ███▄         ▄▄██▀        ▄         ▄███
     ▀████▄▄▄▄▄████▀        ▄████▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀
       ▀▀▀█████▀▀  ▄██▄▄▄▄███▀▀▀██████▀▀
                  ▀▀▀█████▀▀
Ethernity CLOUD
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██████████     ████     ██
██     ████     ██████████     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Bay_Harbour_Butcher

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 04:22:39 PM

Yes I agree with you, John McAfee is very active in the world of cryptocurrencies lately, and usually whatever coin he supports, surely the price will jump up, I think John McAfee is very influential for the ico project he supports, and very useful to follow him

ferrybitcoin.1996

Activity: 294
Merit: 119

For Bounty Hunters, Don't Cheat or You DIE!!

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2018, 04:22:53 PM

I can assure he is good or not, but when we talk about ICO. He can pump ICO that he advise easily and people still trust. Although, many people are talking bad about him, i must appreciate what he does.

ulhaq

Activity: 503
Merit: 286

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 04:41:09 PM

I have never seen an accurate prediction by McAfee worth mentioning or at least crypto related. ... will support anything as long as you pay him. ...They don't care about crypto and what it means, they just want more $$$.
People will stop following him when they realize he's just making money for himself
Do you guys even know about that fools life in Belize?  Running from the law because he was a person of suspicion for the murder of his neighbor?  And you want to value him as a source of information?  Good luck.

I suggest you do not even listen to anything he has to say. Why contaminate your mind with rubbish?
sandy14350

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 05:17:24 PM

sincreally I don't think so, he is good for the crypto community but he seems like a bit of a whacko to me and he's definitely overly bullish in the crypto market. Even if you have so much belief in something sometimes the way he expresses himself is only going to appeal to and convince a certain audience. I don't think anyone on wall street would have given him much attention when he made his claim about eating his own little John McAfee and his knowledge
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: