Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 01:49:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A very very long term Hodling advice  (Read 1154 times)
go4crypto

Activity: 798
Merit: 263

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 09:30:29 PM

For such a very long-term hodling, the most surest coin may be Bitcoin. No way to know what other
coins will exist at that time. So have some  bitcoin preferrably stored on multiple hardware wallets
labelled with names.
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DroidR17A

Activity: 490
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 09:38:24 PM

I don't personally think you can sit on them for fifteen years. You have to keep an eye on things regularly, as some coins/tokens have a limited (intended) lifespan (say 10 years), some get swapped due to security issues or the need to issue more coins/tokens, and MANY will simply no longer be in existence.
jhonjhon

Activity: 1316
Merit: 126

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 10:15:09 PM

Hi, I hold a few tokens of varied nature and a few coins. I have setup a few eth addresses for the younger members of my family. I am talking about kids that are less than 3 yr old   Wink So, what would you include in their new accounts, so that they can use it in 15 yrs?
I only suggest to invest with ethereum and bitcoin, because this are most trusted coins in the market. Though there are lots of coins also that have potentials but considering the life span of holding(15yrs), it could be hard for that since the market is fast moving and changes may happen everytime.
Partizanai

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 10:18:14 PM

(ITNS) intense coin.
This is not an ICO, and recently it got a lot of attention and it rose in price, yet is still cheap coin with low coin cap.
It is a privacy coin, devs are working on decentralized VPN based on ITNS blockchain.
This coin is very young, it launched around 5 months ago, listed only in stocks.exchange, after more listings it will go up much more.
I'm a holder of this coin.
https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/intensecoin/
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2090765.0
https://twitter.com/intensecoin?lang=en
https://intensecoin.com/
GayOfThrones

Activity: 479
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 10:55:22 PM

Hi, I hold a few tokens of varied nature and a few coins. I have setup a few eth addresses for the younger members of my family. I am talking about kids that are less than 3 yr old   Wink So, what would you include in their new accounts, so that they can use it in 15 yrs?

For such a long term HODL I absolutely would put there some Bancor. It is an unique coin which solves the problem of liquidity in cryptos so I am convinced it will have a very bright future.

⚪ Byteball          I T   J U S T   W O R K S .  
Sending Crypto to Email   -   Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments   -   ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD                  TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                  MEDIUM                  SLACK                  REDDIT
g4r1n1m

Activity: 238
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 11:06:50 PM

i would give ADA a shot.. they are built for long term and still on the beginning of development
the collection of parties around this coin assure that its there for the real long term
Johnnywelsh

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 11:16:19 PM

Wouldn't bother with any high priced coins personally, got for a few of the cheaper ones get $50 worth in each and leave them.

As an example if you invested $1000 in bitcoin and wanted it for say $100,000 at the end of your investment can you really see bitcoin price eventually hitting 1,300,000 dollars each?

If you buy a few different types of altcoins that are at a lower market cap of say $12mil it's more likely they'll reach a marketcap that'll give the types of returns you want. Obviously some will be complete shit and you'll earn nothing back but you only need 1 to do x1000 and your laughing.

Hafas Rama

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 11:22:21 PM

maybe you can add a good coin for long term investment.
you can buy Litecoin, waves, Monero, IOTA.
I think the coins will be expensive in the future.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           
      ▄▄█████████████▄▄     
    ▄████████████████████▄   
  ▄████████████▌ ▀███████   
  ████████████     ▀████
   █▄
   ▐█████████   ▄▄   ▀▀   ███
█▄   ███████   ▐███▄     ████▌
██▄   █████   ▐██████▄ ▄██████
████   ▐██   ▐███████████████▌
 ████▄     ▐████████████████
  ████▄    ▄████████████████ 
   ▀████▄▄████████████████▀ 
     ▀█████████████████▀▀   
        ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀  
WPPENERGY
World Power Production

INNOVATION LEADERS IN THE GLOBAL
    RENEWABLE ENERGY INDUSTRY

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           
      ▄▄█████████████▄▄     
    ▄████████████████████▄   
  ▄████████████▌ ▀███████   
  ████████████     ▀████
   █▄
   ▐█████████   ▄▄   ▀▀   ███
█▄   ███████   ▐███▄     ████▌
██▄   █████   ▐██████▄ ▄██████
████   ▐██   ▐███████████████▌
 ████▄     ▐████████████████
  ████▄    ▄████████████████ 
   ▀████▄▄████████████████▀ 
     ▀█████████████████▀▀   
        ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀  

INQUIRE
━━━━━━━
$$$sparkles$$$

Activity: 350

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2018, 11:25:52 PM

Check coinmarketcap’s top list. But if it were me, I’d scoop in those coins with less than a dollar value. I’d reckon those coins will give my kids crazy profit after 15 years! This is a good thing you’re doing for your kids’ future. Keep it up!

Oasisman

Activity: 2604
Merit: 549

Rollbit

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2018, 01:17:50 AM

15 years thats too damn long. Im not sure maybe Litecoin, Eth, Aht, Kick and some Btc as well, coz these are the coins Im holding for quite long already. At the back of my mind there are only 2 to 3 coins that'll only last for a long time, and thats Eth and Btc and maybe Litecoin. These are old but gold coins. But then again man, 15 years I cant imagine what would happen in cryptomarket during that time. Maybe there could be another coin that sits atop Btc. But good luck though.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
sky2moon

Activity: 74

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 01:41:36 AM

Just hold the top 15 at marketcap, for 15years are damn long...just hold Exp: ethereum , zrx, litecoin, bitcoin, neo,.
Neo are pretty good because you will receive gas too.. just make a neo wallet and store your neo at your wallet, you can claim gas as you want to. The yearly gas return abt 5% of your investments. And the gas prices also will increase too. Hope my suggestion this help you.

gorkhalitrader

Activity: 63

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 01:45:38 AM

Check out ArcBlock. They are starting to do an ICO in the near future. It will be a great investment for the kids. This is a Blockchain 3.0 platform for decentralized apps so it is going to be a great project. They even have 5 year plan with great team. I do not have a huge amount to invest but I am investing 50% of my folio on this project.

giantrobot

Activity: 564
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 02:45:50 AM

You just need to filter out the list of virtual coins from coinmarketcap. High value currencies will likely be more successful in the future. bitcoin, ethererum is an example. I believe you will have a steady income from these coins
jokowi

Activity: 867
Merit: 522

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 02:53:19 AM

You should visit the coinmarketcap site. Can you find a list of currencies to invest in. You should choose the top 10 in the market. These currencies tend to be more stable and longer term.BTC, ETH, XRP, BCH ... are examples for you.
Yamifoud

Activity: 2744
Merit: 517

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 02:57:30 AM

I dont think that could be a good idea, 1-2 years of holding it could be enough. Because we can't tell which coin could make a good value for 15years or cryptocurrency are still doing great. Also because crypto market are getting hot, and then there is possibilities that some coins will disappear in future due to another coin created.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
elwiswoodie

Activity: 378
Merit: 16

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 03:00:20 AM

the most important asset is the real asset, where everyone can trust and acknowledge its existence, it may be better your crypto asset you sell in order to become a real asset and please say to your son
grumpylittlepoodle

Activity: 224
Merit: 11

The revolutionary AI gaming ecosystem

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2018, 04:13:17 AM

Choose atleast the top 5 coins in the market, you may want to use coinmarketcap as a referrence, plus you must also consider a good wallet that can hold these coins for many years or just provide and offline wallet. It is a good idea for your children plus most coin's values will increase a couple of years from now.

RACallanta

Activity: 182
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 05:18:40 AM

I think the best token that i'll suggest is the ripple because ,ripple can be listed to the highest valuable token after 15 years. Even if more token will publish here in crypto world . And i think ripple can be the number one valuable token after 15 years . So that if i have to choose one token to hold for a long long long term is the ripple and i also like the monero but i always thinking for the ripple.

S M A R T   Q U O R U M
ANNTelegramWhitepapersmartquorum.comOnepagerDiscordTwitter
The First POS Coin To Fuel Blockchain Market Boom
kutovayaolga

Activity: 68
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 05:20:23 AM

is it profitable to buy a few cryptocurrencies and wait for them to hit the price?
Dolmatov

Activity: 155
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 05:29:03 AM

I want to invest and forget about that money. What should I pay attention to?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: