Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:08:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Dark Exchange: a 100% decentralized p2p exchange  (Read 92234 times)
jtimon
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2011, 06:30:38 AM

It may be possible to do atomic transactions with purely digital currencies. I don't think it would be possible with fiat. Either way, you can still use Dark Exchange with these methods. It's just not integrated in any meaningful way.

No, my proposal it's only for bitcoin-like currencies, not even LR or dwolla.
It probably could be integrated with dark exchange in the same client.

2 different forms of free-money: Freicoin (free of basic interest because it's perishable), Mutual credit (no interest because it's abundant)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
morpheus (OP)

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 27, 2011, 04:54:06 PM

It would be nice to have checkboxes instead of the current one-choice form for the transfer manner

I've added a couple issues for this:

https://github.com/macourtney/Dark-Exchange/issues/36

and

https://github.com/macourtney/Dark-Exchange/issues/37

These were common suggestions from other people as well. I'll make them higher priority.
joulesbeef

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

moOo

View Profile
July 27, 2011, 05:49:47 PM

Did you make sure I2P is running properly? You can do that through your browser using the link: http://127.0.0.1:7657/index.jsp

somehow I missed that dependency.. i now see 3 peers so I guess I am good.. looks like a cool project.

mooo for rent
joulesbeef

moOo

View Profile
August 06, 2011, 04:57:34 AM

wow i was the last post here? is this a dead project? still only 3 peers and no bids or asks

mooo for rent
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2011, 05:26:36 AM

I got i2p running, then got sidetracked, then lately started to realise i2p hasn't been running since several reboots ago and I'm not even sure anymore where I was when I ran it. Then happily came across your post, reminding me that i2p wasn't an end in itself but a dependency of dark exchange...

Likely to be some days before I actually end up having it running though I think. Thanks for the reminder.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
joulesbeef

moOo

View Profile
August 06, 2011, 05:39:15 AM

lol sounds sorta familiar....i had just noticed i2p runing.. then it reminded me of darkexchange but took me forever to remember the name and find it on my system again.

mooo for rent
morpheus (OP)

View Profile
August 06, 2011, 01:50:05 PM

wow i was the last post here? is this a dead project? still only 3 peers and no bids or asks

No, the project is not dead. I plan to release another version this weekend.

Since there are so few nodes on the network right now, the best way to find bids is to view identities on the identity tab. I have around 10 open offers, and I try to run Dark Exchange 24/7.
joulesbeef

moOo

View Profile
August 06, 2011, 03:51:34 PM

cool i had just restarted it.. so perhaps it hadnt downloaded everything.. i was mainly bumping your thread trying to get some response.. good to see it is still in development.

mooo for rent
morpheus (OP)

View Profile
August 08, 2011, 01:58:05 AM

I've released version 1.2.0 of Dark Exchange. You can download it from here:

https://github.com/macourtney/Dark-Exchange/downloads

There are a bunch of changes in this release, but it's been a long day and I don't have the energy to list all of the changes right now. I'll do it tomorrow.

If you must know now, you can check out the git commit logs.
morpheus (OP)

View Profile
August 09, 2011, 03:32:11 PM

New features in the 1.2.0 release of Dark Exchange:

Issue #4: Trades are now highlighted when they have an unread message.
Issue #5: Trades are now highlighted when an action is required.
Issue #31: Removed all id columns from the tables to free some space.
Issue #32: Added a show only online identities check box to the identities tab.
Issue #33: The password field starts with focus when the login window is first displayed.
Issue #34: Timestamps added to all logs.
Issues #38, #39, #40, #41, #42: Added support for Paypal, Liberty Reserve, Paxum, Pecunix and Namecoin.

Fixes:

Added exception handling to keep bad data from dropping your client off the network (big issue fixed).
Fixed a display issue on the peer tab which caused the "is notified" column to display a 1 instead of yes.
Dark Exchange is more aggressive at finding other nodes on the network.
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2011, 10:07:23 AM

The run.sh does not work whether I am in its directroy with it or up in the main project directory when I run it, it claims it cannot find the class.

lein run from the main directroy does run it, but once I put my username and password and repeat of password to create a user it says

Code:
2011-08-12 07:02:34,000 ERROR [darkexchange.uncaught-exception-handler]: Uncaught Exception:
java.util.concurrent.RejectedExecutionException
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$AbortPolicy.rejectedExecution(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1956)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.reject(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:816)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.execute(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1337)
at java.util.concurrent.AbstractExecutorService.submit(AbstractExecutorService.java:120)
at clojure.core$future_call.invoke(core.clj:5406)
at darkexchange.controller.login.create_user$create_user.invoke(create_user.clj:55)
at darkexchange.controller.login.create_user$create_user_action.invoke(create_user.clj:60)
at seesaw.event$fire.invoke(event.clj:206)
at seesaw.event$eval1022$fn$reify__1024.actionPerformed(event.clj:233)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:2012)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:2335)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(DefaultButtonModel.java:404)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(DefaultButtonModel.java:259)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(BasicButtonListener.java:253)
at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Component.java:6203)
at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(JComponent.java:3267)
at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Component.java:5968)
at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Container.java:2105)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:4564)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2163)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:4390)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Container.java:4461)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Container.java:4125)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Container.java:4055)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2149)
at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Window.java:2478)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:4390)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:649)
at java.awt.EventQueue.access$000(EventQueue.java:96)
at java.awt.EventQueue$1.run(EventQueue.java:608)
at java.awt.EventQueue$1.run(EventQueue.java:606)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.security.AccessControlContext$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(AccessControlContext.java:105)
at java.security.AccessControlContext$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(AccessControlContext.java:116)
at java.awt.EventQueue$2.run(EventQueue.java:622)
at java.awt.EventQueue$2.run(EventQueue.java:620)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.security.AccessControlContext$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(AccessControlContext.java:105)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:619)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:275)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:200)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:190)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:185)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:177)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:138)

Which looks like it crashed, but, it doesn't return to the commandline prompt so maybe that is not a fatal error and I now am to wait however long it might take for the i2p network to establish connections and tell everyone about this new user I created or something?

Or is it simply in some kind of loop or just waiting for that thread to finish which actually is never going to finish having in fact crashed?

Should I leave it overnight and see if it has finished making the new user in a few hours? Or just kill it as broken?

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
TiagoTiago

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Firstbits.com/1fg4i :)

View Profile
August 12, 2011, 10:36:55 AM

Wouldn't Freenet be more suitable for hosting a decentralized thing that must be pretty much unshutdownable?

(I dont always get new reply notifications, pls send a pm when you think it has happened)

Wanna gimme some BTC/BCH for any or no reason? 1FmvtS66LFh6ycrXDwKRQTexGJw4UWiqDX Smiley

The more you believe in Bitcoin, and the more you show you do to other people, the faster the real value will soar!

Do you like mmmBananas?!
jtimon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2011, 06:59:28 PM

Ey, morpheus. It seems that atomic trades between chains are possible.
Unlike LRusd/btc, btc/nmc trades could be atomic, so there would be no risk at all to trade using dark exchange for these trades.

I think this feature would be awesome.

2 different forms of free-money: Freicoin (free of basic interest because it's perishable), Mutual credit (no interest because it's abundant)
morpheus (OP)

View Profile
August 23, 2011, 06:45:09 PM

Unlike LRusd/btc, btc/nmc trades could be atomic, so there would be no risk at all to trade using dark exchange for these trades.

The way Dark Exchange is built right now, it is not possible to really integrate an exchange like that. Really, all you can do with Dark Exchange is find other people with offers. How you go about trading it between you and your partner.

If the above type of trades become popular, I will certainly look into integrating it.
nighteyes

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 23, 2011, 07:41:42 PM

How does one go about resetting or recovering a password if one forgot it? Embarrassed
jtimon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2011, 07:52:52 PM

The way Dark Exchange is built right now, it is not possible to really integrate an exchange like that. Really, all you can do with Dark Exchange is find other people with offers. How you go about trading it between you and your partner.

If the above type of trades become popular, I will certainly look into integrating it.

One step at a time I guess. I'm not even sure that those trades are possible right now, but it seems that the protocol wouldn't have to chain, only a client or an extension will be needed. I'll wait to see what Mike puts in the wiki though.

morpheus (OP)

View Profile
August 23, 2011, 07:55:50 PM

How does one go about resetting or recovering a password if one forgot it? Embarrassed

Unfortunately, it's lost. Sad

The password is saved locally to your machine (encrypted of course). That way, there is no single point of failure which would allow a hacker to take over the exchange. The disadvantage is, no one can help you recover your password if you forget it.

You can just create a new user.
jtimon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2011, 08:50:12 AM

One step at a time I guess. I'm not even sure that those trades are possible right now, but it seems that the protocol wouldn't have to chain, only a client or an extension will be needed. I'll wait to see what Mike puts in the wiki though.

Look, morpheus. Here's the article in the wiki in case you're interested:

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Contracts#Example_5:_Trading_across_chains
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=22581

ShadowOfHarbringer
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1005

Bringing Legendary Har® to you since 1952

View Profile
October 20, 2011, 08:16:14 AM

Watching this.

Also, awesome idea.

Sultan

Activity: 214

View Profile
October 20, 2011, 11:36:58 AM

This seems like such an interesting idea and I am looking forward to seeing it develop. I don't quite understand how it works, though.  Could somebody please explain to me the mwchanisms of the exchange and how a decentralised architecture makes it work?

Thanks.

http://images.onbux.com/banner.gif
I then use the money to buy BitCoins. You can too!
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: