Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 07:20:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Official ASICMINER Hardware Information  (Read 57748 times)
sf2

Activity: 273
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 08:15:22 AM
Last edit: August 19, 2014, 05:16:10 AM by sf2

Smiley
sf2

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 08:19:29 AM
Last edit: August 19, 2014, 05:16:21 AM by sf2

Smiley
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2013, 10:09:33 AM

Err. excuse me. ASICMiner put out a product that sold out within 30 minutes. Whose fault is is that it sold out? THE PEOPLE BUYING IT.

Perhaps the USB sticks were just too sexy to resist Smiley

If you think everyone is pissed off with AM, then I guess the new blades won't sell at all .... fancy a bet on that?
Yes indeed, most miners who buy AsicMinerUSBs either don't care about making a profit or are foolish enough to not realise that they made a loss buying them.
The ASIC era has clearly shown how bitcoin is full of fools.
Exactly. Unless the USB miners can be modified for other sha coins that a more profitable than bitcoin, you will never get ROI not to mention making a profit..
Either drive the price down, or increase the hashrate of the hardware.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
americandesi

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

BTC < > INR & USD

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 11:26:59 AM

Err. excuse me. ASICMiner put out a product that sold out within 30 minutes. Whose fault is is that it sold out? THE PEOPLE BUYING IT.

If you think everyone is pissed off with AM, then I guess the new blades won't sell at all .... fancy a bet on that?
Yes indeed, most miners who buy AsicMinerUSBs either don't care about making a profit or are foolish enough to not realise that they made a loss buying them.
Exactly. Unless the USB miners can be modified for other sha coins that a more profitable than bitcoin, you will never get ROI not to mention making a profit..
Either drive the price down, or increase the hashrate of the hardware.

You mean other scrypt based coins.! USB miners can already mine other SHA 256 coins like TRC and PPC apart from bitcoin.

Always buying and selling btc in bulk.!
Have I helped you out?  Send a donation! : 1ADesitf6McNmFw5wAN1y86bvyHLB5gR6P
My Reputation Thread : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=252042.0
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4508
Merit: 1819

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 11:46:10 AM

As far as i know this is the only show in town at this time.
So, the only self mining show in town at the moment is to lose money ... that makes bitcoin look pretty bad ...

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
JimiQ84

Activity: 406

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 12:16:59 PM

So, the only self mining show in town at the moment is to lose money ... that makes bitcoin look pretty bad ...

It makes buying BTC look damn good
neilol

Activity: 302

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 04:01:25 PM

It makes buying BTC look damn good

idk about that... whats your reasoning? Hashrate should follow price, not the other way around

sf2

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 07:52:10 PM
Last edit: August 19, 2014, 05:16:31 AM by sf2

Smiley
Tsukene

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 07:53:40 PM

can't wait for prices

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful:
34qMeWBdbF47TH65SzWg9iva4M6KvWGPD2
Thanks in advance Smiley
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 09:06:58 PM

I bought 2 with the possible goals:

1) resell for outrageous profit
2) mine for 2-3 months, recouping as much cost as i can, so that :
2a) resell hardware for whatever its worth
2b) keep the hardware as a momento of the ASIC wave

turns out, option 1 is what happened. I resold the first for 1.25BTC (I paid 1.48BTC for both), and the second for 4oz of silver bullion (~$88) and 0.12BTC. During the process, I mined about 0.073 BTC

say what you like, but there is some margin for profit!

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
arklan
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1008

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 12:15:21 AM

i don't think i've missed anything, but just in case:

has there been any official word about the restock of asicminer hardware that was supposed to happen last weekend?

i don't post much, but this space for rent.
ninjarobot

Activity: 761

Mine Silent, Mine Deep

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 01:14:30 AM

ASICMiner put out a product that sold out within 30 minutes. Whose fault is is that it sold out? THE PEOPLE BUYING IT.

ASICMiner is like the Apple of mining hardware. ....must...get...the...new...shiny...!
mo_mo

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 01:21:50 AM

which link can you buy these from
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 05:46:17 AM

has there been any official word about the restock of asicminer hardware that was supposed to happen last weekend?

Haven't heard anything yet Sad Have an email into friedcat myself, FWIW.
arklan
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1008

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 06:25:20 AM

Thanks for the reply. Good to know i'm not the only one on the ropes.

Haven't heard anything yet Sad Have an email into friedcat myself, FWIW.

i don't post much, but this space for rent.
fumble

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 08:55:03 AM

ASICMINER hardware has from its inception been a hardly break even, or negative expectation as far as ROI.

Why would they sell them for what they could mine with them? They should just mine with them in that case. Instead, they place the price higher than what they think they can mine with them and sell them to as many suckers as possible.

And it worked... it is truly genius!

Indeed!  People look at the current calculator and say "13GH/s will net me 0.17BTC a day!  This thing will pay itself off in less than 2 months!"

And they never think to look at the difficulty increases and how that will effect them.

Yup and the problems is they (ASICMINER) have created thousands and thousands of pissed off customers that thought they were going to "print money" but got taken to the cleaners.  Trying to appease them with discounted .1 BTC USB sticks will not make up for the loss incurred.

Taking advantage of the uninformed is only a poor short term business model.  Most companies succeed on repeat business and word of mouth to survive in the long run.

You must be a shareholder as you obviously didn't understand what I wrote.  The only people making money are the shareholders and re-sellers, not the end user mining.
Selling out does not equal customer satisfaction.  A lot of noobs google bitcoin calculator and find one that doesnt add difficulty increases and they think they can make some serious cash.

I never once said "everyone".  Stop being so defensive.  I said thousands.  How many usb sticks were sold? 10,000? 20,000?  There are 7+ billion people on this planet, a fool is born every second.  Will they sell out? Most likely.  Will customers be satisfied?  Someone should start a yelp listing for ASICMINER.

Don't get me wrong.  I will buy if the price is right.
empoweoqwj

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 09:11:19 AM

just to quote what you said:

"(ASICMINER) have created thousands and thousands of pissed off customers that thought they were going to "print money" but got taken to the cleaners"

AM didn't tell them they were going to "print money", the customers didn't do their due diligence. Not AM's fault.

Presumably all these thousands and thousands of "pissed off" customers won't come back, and that will be the end of AM's hardware sales. Or perhaps they will sell out in days again?

I'm just struggling to understand why you are having a go at AM? They made no false promises with their products, did not guarantee or even suggest any returns, simply put a product out there that people couldn't get enough of. Nobody forced anyone to buy them. People want mining equipment now, not vaporware that may appear or may not appear.

If people can't use a ROI investment calculator then they shouldn't be in this business. Again, their responsibility, not AM's.
ameer1367

Activity: 45

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2013, 11:35:29 AM

ASICMINER hardware has from its inception been a hardly break even, or negative expectation as far as ROI.

Why would they sell them for what they could mine with them? They should just mine with them in that case. Instead, they place the price higher than what they think they can mine with them and sell them to as many suckers as possible.

Indeed!  People look at the current calculator and say "13GH/s will net me 0.17BTC a day!  This thing will pay itself off in less than 2 months!"

And they never think to look at the difficulty increases and how that will effect them.

not true. hardware investment will break even in 112. do the counting: http://www.bitcoinx.com/profit/
AsicShill

Activity: 42

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 11:43:04 AM

not true. hardware investment will break even in 112. do the counting: http://www.bitcoinx.com/profit/

You are using a misleading calculator.  Use the expert mode on http://www.coinish.com/calc and try to understand all the "reduction" portions.  There is no "BE" (break even) for the BE (block eruptor).
americandesi

BTC < > INR & USD

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 11:55:31 AM

Indeed!  People look at the current calculator and say "13GH/s will net me 0.17BTC a day!  This thing will pay itself off in less than 2 months!"

Not possible. What is the value you are using for profitability decline per year.?

use mining.thegenesisblock.com to give you a month to month picture.

Always buying and selling btc in bulk.!
Have I helped you out?  Send a donation! : 1ADesitf6McNmFw5wAN1y86bvyHLB5gR6P
My Reputation Thread : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=252042.0
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: