Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:25:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Official ASICMINER Hardware Information  (Read 57743 times)
miter_myles

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 03:11:43 PM

For a 0.335 GH/s device to recover 0.17BTC with only a 20% diff each change ... it would take ... 190 Days
... at 1000 days it is ... 0.17936377 BTC (so pretty much never reach 0.18 BTC)

If on the other hand it was 30% diff each change ... at 500 days it will have generated ... 0.11957525 BTC ... 1000 days ... 0.11957587 BTC ... so it would never reach 0.12BTC ... of course 0.5W isn't free either ... especially after 1000 days ...
http://www.tradebtc.net/bitcalc.php

For a 10GH/s device at 20% increase each change, it would take 89 days to get 4BTC
at 30% increase it would ... 500 days 3.56940335 BTC ... 1000 days 3.56942180 BTC ... so never reach 3.6 BTC
But the electricity is pretty relevant also ...

Yes many people buying AsicMiner hardware will not get their many back ...

Well - I'm sold, in for 10 of each!

BTC - 1D7g5395bs7idApTx1KTXrfDW7JUgzx6Z5
LTC - LVFukQnCWUimBxZuXKqTVKy1L2Jb8kZasL
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitcoiner49er

Activity: 457
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 03:14:32 PM

For a 0.335 GH/s device to recover 0.17BTC with only a 20% diff each change ... it would take ... 190 Days

If on the other hand it was 30% diff each change ... at 500 days it will have generated ... 0.11957525 BTC ... 1000 days ... 0.11957587 BTC ... so it would never reach 0.12BTC ... of course 0.5W isn't free either ... especially after 1000 days ...

For a 10GH/s device at 20% increase each change, it would take 89 days to get 4BTC
at 30% increase it would ... 500 days 3.56940335 BTC ... 1000 days 3.56942180 BTC ... so never reach 3.6 BTC

The big question and decision point is: Where does 20 or 30% stop each difficulty increase? I don't see 30% happening for 500 days. Although I COULD be wrong here.

Homo doctus is se semper divitias habet
west17m

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 04:52:54 PM

The big question and decision point is: Where does 20 or 30% stop each difficulty increase? I don't see 30% happening for 500 days. Although I COULD be wrong here.

You're right.  I think we'll have some increases of 50+% mixed in there too.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2013, 06:20:27 PM

Yeah that is an issue. The difficulty is going up way too fast and the btc price is more or less around the 100 mark.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
fumble

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 08:30:30 PM

At 30% 500 days is irrelevant since ROI maxes at around the 165 day mark (approx 3.554BTC for 10GH/s)...another 30 days more if your electricity is free.  Then its a doorstop.
We are talking about the current offerings.  What hardware and what prices will be in 500 days is anybody's guess.
HellDiverUK

Activity: 1246
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 11:05:10 AM

Roll Eyes
Moogle

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

KUPO!

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2013, 04:36:00 PM

Is yxt still the EU distributor? Seems to have been pretty quiet for a while or am I just not seeing his posts? O_o

Eric.DarkSpirit

Activity: 71

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2013, 05:36:06 PM

Hope ASICMINER will produce more hardware, and provide them in reasonable price.

kano
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 03:36:17 AM

Hope ASICMINER will produce more hardware, and provide them in reasonable price.
Well - also consider that they are now selling them for 0.17 BTC through resellers.
The mark up on them at 0.17 is extremely likely to be in the 200% to 500% range.
So back when they were 1.99BTC, the price markup was in the 2000% to 5000% range (or more?)

The reasonable price considered by AM is whatever people are stupid enough to pay.
They have been that way since the USB first came out ... and don't forget the blades Smiley

The arguments given by those buying them can be represented by one of:
1) I've no idea what diff is so I don't care (= a highly likely loss)
2) I only buy them to support BTC (= damn I just found out I probably lost when I bought them)
3) I'm gaining since my GPU used to use 100x the power (= I'm losing less than if I was GPU mining)
4) I can get them right now! (= I can attempt to recoup most of my loss over a longer period of time and make less loss than waiting for them)
5) I'll sell them and get back my loss (= I'm running a ponzi ... drop the hot potato so someone else makes the loss)
6) I bought 2 more for development to help these people lose less money (= what I did - but I'll lose on those 2 - well at least it was only 1.1BTC ...)

An interesting way to look at it is:
Give AM similar or greater BTC than I will get mining them over many months in the future ... but AM gets it now up front!
Give me your BTC now! Now go try (and most likely fail) to pay off your debt.

Of course anyone who wants to argue that a BTC price rise will mean a profit in $ terms, should note the blatantly obvious:
If you keep your BTC rather than buying AM hardware, a BTC price rise will indeed be a profit in $ terms, but if you spend it on AM hardware, it will essentially be: spend X BTC on AM hardware now and maybe at some point in the future get back a total X BTC - if difficulty completely changes from the current trend ... so you're extremely unlikely to do as well or better than simply keeping the BTC

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
atomriot

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 05:25:47 AM

Well - also consider that they are now selling them for 0.17 BTC through resellers.
The mark up on them at 0.17 is extremely likely to be in the 200% to 500% range.
So back when they were 1.99BTC, the price markup was in the 2000% to 5000% range (or more?)

The reasonable price considered by AM is whatever people are stupid enough to pay.
They have been that way since the USB first came out ... and don't forget the blades Smiley

The arguments given by those buying them can be represented by one of:
1) I've no idea what diff is so I don't care (= a highly likely loss)
2) I only buy them to support BTC (= damn I just found out I probably lost when I bought them)
3) I'm gaining since my GPU used to use 100x the power (= I'm losing less than if I was GPU mining)
4) I can get them right now! (= I can attempt to recoup most of my loss over a longer period of time and make less loss than waiting for them)
5) I'll sell them and get back my loss (= I'm running a ponzi ... drop the hot potato so someone else makes the loss)
6) I bought 2 more for development to help these people lose less money (= what I did - but I'll lose on those 2 - well at least it was only 1.1BTC ...)

An interesting way to look at it is:
Give AM similar or greater BTC than I will get mining them over many months in the future ... but AM gets it now up front!
Give me your BTC now! Now go try (and most likely fail) to pay off your debt.

Of course anyone who wants to argue that a BTC price rise will mean a profit in $ terms, should note the blatantly obvious:
If you keep your BTC rather than buying AM hardware, a BTC price rise will indeed be a profit in $ terms, but if you spend it on AM hardware, it will essentially be: spend X BTC on AM hardware now and maybe at some point in the future get back a total X BTC - if difficulty completely changes from the current trend ... so you're extremely unlikely to do as well or better than simply keeping the BTC

This sounds like a desperate cry for a person of #1

Also, asicminer is basically the only dependable name in the game as they continuously provide hardware vs all the bullshit artists that people are buying into like bfl and knc ect. Sure the ROI may not be in it as high as everyone wants but if it was that high, then it would be  just free money (which it basically is for resellers right now)

Bitcoin is more than making your money back, or getting rich. Its about another paradigm in currency. Stop being pissed that you lost money because your expectations were not met. Right now, asics are a gamblers game (much like bitcoin was in general) and those who can make them (one company consistently) make the money and rule the trade.

Think about the long run. Once bitcoin is dry in the mining sense, it will be way more profitable. Sure thats dependant on many factors but not so many that if you lose faith along the way, you cant at least make your investment back.
kano
Legendary

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 02:51:27 PM

This sounds like a desperate cry for a person of #1

Also, asicminer is basically the only dependable name in the game as they continuously provide hardware vs all the bullshit artists that people are buying into like bfl and knc ect. Sure the ROI may not be in it as high as everyone wants but if it was that high, then it would be  just free money (which it basically is for resellers right now)

Bitcoin is more than making your money back, or getting rich. Its about another paradigm in currency. Stop being pissed that you lost money because your expectations were not met.
You really think that everyone has an expectation of a loss? Otherwise most people will not meet their expectations.

I'm not pissed.

I got the very first AsicMinerUSB sent out to devs.
I live in Aus - so from HK to Aus was faster than e.g. HK to USA
So yes on a BTC scale X divided by 0 = infinity
(I've simply wasted literally buckets of time on them doing dev work - oh well not really a big issue though Tongue)

Though I will add that when FriedCat contacted me first saying he wanted my address to send me some dev hardware I wasn't expecting a 333MH/s waste of time Tongue At the time he first contacted me, he wasn't either ...

Anyway, I posted the first information about them on the forum and how to mine with them.
Also - as I said, I (recently) bought 2 more to help sort out the problems people were having with cgminer that didn't show up with just one of them.

Just like with other companies ... I'm a dev and was helping people to use their devices when they got them.

Of course the other side is also true ... as I said ... that most won't make their BTC back

I wasted 1.1 BTC on them - but only that. Of course I'd not buy lots of them. But since it was only 1.1 BTC it's not much of a waste for me.
For all I know the first one I got may have made close to 1BTC by now ... I got it on 13-May ... so possibly almost no actual BTC loss for me
Though it was only when they finally dropped to being a much smaller loss that I finally decided to waste the BTC to buy 2 for 1.1BTC

However, rather than assume that 1BTC figure ... I spent a little (lot) of time just now working it out.
Based on expected hash rate of 335MH/s on a pool that charges no fees, (and counting from 00:00 on the 14th-May) that first AMU has now made approximately 0.8917125142 BTC
Wow that sux for anyone who bought them originally ...
Absolutely no expectation of returning 1.99BTC if you paid 1.99BTC for them and got them BEFORE anyone else - when I got that first one.

Right now, asics are a gamblers game (much like bitcoin was in general) and those who can make them (one company consistently) make the money and rule the trade.
Lulz - but the reality is most people will do better just buying the BTC and not spending it on these overpriced %@$#% ...
Hell the damn things don't even have a temperature sensor on them so they just stop mining for no apparent reason.
Restart and OK back to mining.
Price cutting on developing something sold for initially around 2000% to 5000% mark up - seriously? WTF

Think about the long run.
Yes indeed - just buy BTC.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2013, 01:01:51 PM

I agree, ASCI miners are now stooping to ripping off coupon customers as well. What a nice thank you tricking people into spending money just in time for you to completely devalue them. You really care about your customers!
bcp19

Activity: 532

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 01:49:59 PM

I agree, ASCI miners are now stooping to ripping off coupon customers as well. What a nice thank you tricking people into spending money just in time for you to completely devalue them. You really care about your customers!
They've been ripping off customers since May and you are only figuring it out now?

I do not suffer fools gladly... "Captain!  We're surrounded!"
I embrace my inner Kool-Aid.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2013, 02:32:19 PM

They've been ripping off customers since May and you are only figuring it out now?
just compare the 10GH/s miner's price now, and the price on the release..

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
bcp19

Activity: 532

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 02:42:12 PM

just compare the 10GH/s miner's price now, and the price on the release..
So they got 1 product right... how many of those are avaialble for sale???  They aren't selling tens of thousands of the blades as they have been the erupters that they keep screwing people over with, even though it keeps looking like a better deal with each price drop.

I do not suffer fools gladly... "Captain!  We're surrounded!"
I embrace my inner Kool-Aid.
weaknesswaran

Activity: 963
Merit: 509

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 02:55:08 PM

Just buy a preorder from another company.

Then you don´t know if it will ROI in the beginning.
Later you will realise you lost much more then buying asicminer hardware.
kano
Legendary

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 02:59:58 PM

Lulz so you are saying you'd lose less.
Isn't the point to not actually lose at all?

Keep the BTC and you won't lose BTC Tongue

Buy AM and you almost certainly will lose.

Anyone who got a 10GH/s miner (of any brand) on the 14th of May will so far have made ~26.6BTC PPS expected.
Hopefully no one paid 50BTC for them back then, no chance they'll make 50BTC ...

weaknesswaran

Activity: 963
Merit: 509

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 03:10:45 PM

Anyone who got a 10GH/s miner (of any brand) on the 14th of May will so far have made ~26.6BTC PPS expected.
Hopefully no one paid 50BTC for them back then, no chance they'll make 50BTC ...

You are correct.
Just keep your btc and wait.

But most people didn´t do that 2011, 2012, 2013 and will not do it 2014.

Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1750

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 03:11:52 PM

You are correct.
Just keep your btc and wait.

But most people didn´t do that 2011, 2012, 2013 and will not do it 2014.

Hoarding is the new mining!  Smiley
Eric.DarkSpirit

Activity: 71

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2013, 05:34:17 PM

BTC Mining is being controlled by serval companies with huge calculating capacity, so as for a solo miner, he has less chance to get any profit from mining.

Buy BTCs and keep them for one year or two years, maybe it is the best way for us to make some money from this crazy gambling.

Oh, there is a precondition. After one year or two years, the BTC world will survive all the troubles.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: