Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 07:35:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Official ASICMINER Hardware Information  (Read 57748 times)
Tasweb

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 09:20:20 PM

Just wondering if SwishBits is still the Australian reseller as I've been unable to get a response for queries for at least a week.

"I'm not currently involved in any more buys - but I'll review at the end of the week."

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=301183.msg3617535#msg3617535

That was two weeks ago. Other ASICMINER distributors won't sell into Australia while Julz is listed as the local distributor so we will have to wait and see if he is prepared to do any further GB's for us.

I will sign up for two Cubes right now if Julian will sell them to me!

xandercrewz

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 03:15:28 AM

Just wondering if SwishBits is still the Australian reseller as I've been unable to get a response for queries for at least a week.

"I'm not currently involved in any more buys - but I'll review at the end of the week."

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=301183.msg3617535#msg3617535

That was two weeks ago. Other ASICMINER distributors won't sell into Australia while Julz is listed as the local distributor so we will have to wait and see if he is prepared to do any further GB's for us.

I will sign up for two Cubes right now if Julian will sell them to me!

According to pals in the scene Julz is out Sad sent an email to friedcat about possibility of being a secondary reseller. will keep this thread updated as this progresses!
timegrinder

Activity: 24

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 10:34:32 AM

*sigh* Thanks for that, I wasn't entirely sure who the SwishBits person was in the forums, so now I know.

Thanks again, and hey if you're one of those Aussie people and you're in the know on any buys you could point me at them ;P
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 05:28:59 AM

Greetings friedcat. I received a few cube units as part of canarys group buy, and one of the units is defective.

The green power light comes on, no activity on the fan, and no Ethernet connectivity.

How can we RMA the non functional devices ?
sidehack
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1849

Curmudgeonly hardware guy

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 06:05:57 AM

Did you glance inside to make sure the fan was plugged in? If stuff shifted around a lot, or people didn't care during assembly, the fan could be unplugged. These guys turn themselves off if they don't detect a fan spinning after a few seconds.
Might be worth undoing a few screws to check, or just looking inside it with a flashlight through the fan.

Cool, quiet and up to 1TH pod miner, on sale now!
Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
Xian01
Legendary

Christian Antkow

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 06:53:25 AM

Did you glance inside to make sure the fan was plugged in? If stuff shifted around a lot, or people didn't care during assembly, the fan could be unplugged. These guys turn themselves off if they don't detect a fan spinning after a few seconds.
Might be worth undoing a few screws to check, or just looking inside it with a flashlight through the fan.

Already tried that Sad Disassembled the unit, took out the boards, verified fan was plugged in, tested with another fan, took out all the hashing boards and tried to get just the main board to just come up. Nada.

Another unit arrived with obvious loose parts and screws fell out when I opened the case. Seems two screws fell off the heatsinks and was causing it to rattle around. Screwed the heatsink back on, reassembled that one particular unit, and it came up just fine.

All in all, though, I have to say I'm pretty darned impressed with these units.

sidehack
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1849

Curmudgeonly hardware guy

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 07:07:12 AM

Well that's sorta ridiculous. That's at least the third one I've heard about with loose screws inside.

Cool, quiet and up to 1TH pod miner, on sale now!
Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2013, 08:10:46 PM

Already tried that Sad Disassembled the unit, took out the boards, verified fan was plugged in, tested with another fan, took out all the hashing boards and tried to get just the main board to just come up. Nada.

Another unit arrived with obvious loose parts and screws fell out when I opened the case. Seems two screws fell off the heatsinks and was causing it to rattle around. Screwed the heatsink back on, reassembled that one particular unit, and it came up just fine.

All in all, though, I have to say I'm pretty darned impressed with these units.

Same, the design is so simplistic and clearly designed for volume. Setup thread is here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=352658

Tasweb

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 05:29:52 AM

Any chance of a response from ASICMINER on how Aussies can purchase cubes now that the Aussie reseller has pulled out?

Is there anyway I make my own small purchase directly from Friedcat/ASICMINER?

Xian01
Legendary

Christian Antkow

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 06:37:42 PM

Bump.

One of the six cubes I purchased is in need of an RMA as it is non functional and collecting dust.

What are the procedures to submit a formal RMA request ?

Thank you kindly.
xzempt

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 07:20:27 PM

Contact your reseller....   Friedcat is busy counting his money and doesnt have time for the people that made him rich anymore....
Swimmer63
Legendary

Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 08:12:34 PM

Bump.

One of the six cubes I purchased is in need of an RMA as it is non functional and collecting dust.

What are the procedures to submit a formal RMA request ?

Thank you kindly.

Reseller first, then there is an email address for customer support at Asicminer.  I have used it twice and received new equipment within a week no questions asked.  But I'm guessing Cube supply is still restrained as they gear up.

EDIT: email is on OP: asicminer.help@gmail.com
Xian01
Legendary

Christian Antkow

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 09:45:07 PM
Last edit: December 11, 2013, 03:49:09 AM by Xian01

EDIT: email is on OP: asicminer.help@gmail.com

Thank you. Will try this. Reseller has had difficulty getting clarification on RMA's from FC as well.

Edit: ...and 3 days later a replacement shows up on my porch. Thanks FC and the ASICminer team ! Cheers !
lordzav

Activity: 14

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 12:29:37 AM

Hi guys... When the new model comes out ? And how will it be ?

I have a small budget so this is the best option for me.

I am European (Portugal) if you order how long it takes to arrive?

Cups.
arklan
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1008

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 12:31:06 AM

While I know they're sold out, what's the going rate on USB miners? I may have come into unexpected stock.

i don't post much, but this space for rent.
lordzav

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 12:47:52 AM

While I know they're sold out, what's the going rate on USB miners? I may have come into unexpected stock.

What is the hash/s ? And price ?
arklan
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1008

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 01:10:28 AM

330 mhash per unit. The original block erupter USB. Well, revision two, but original chips. When I last sold them out was 0.1a unit plus 0.075 shipping, but that was when Btc was about $100 a coin and difficulty was a lot lower. I have no idea what to price these at.

I suspect it might not even be worth selling them...

i don't post much, but this space for rent.
xzempt

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 02:45:49 AM

check ebay and amazon...  should be $45-50 each... id try to move them quickly..
lordzav

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 12:10:28 PM

330 mhash per unit. The original block erupter USB. Well, revision two, but original chips. When I last sold them out was 0.1a unit plus 0.075 shipping, but that was when Btc was about $100 a coin and difficulty was a lot lower. I have no idea what to price these at.

I do not want. Even want a Blade. Only then compensates me.
muyuu
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 11:54:05 PM

I do not want. Even want a Blade. Only then compensates me.

And how much would you pay for a blade now?

GPG ID: 7294199D - OTC ID: muyuu (470F97EB7294199D)
forum tea fund BTC 1Epv7KHbNjYzqYVhTCgXWYhGSkv7BuKGEU DOGE DF1eTJ2vsxjHpmmbKu9jpqsrg5uyQLWksM CAP F1MzvmmHwP2UhFq82NQT7qDU9NQ8oQbtkQ
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: