Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:11:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ANN - [BEE] - 2014 -2018 - BEE COIN - the original BEE ===  (Read 27438 times)
lipton

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 01:52:13 PM

So it is unsuccessful takeover
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 06:17:41 PM

So it is unsuccessful takeover

what makes you think that?

wsmolive

Activity: 207
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 01:47:54 AM

I am have some BEEv2 coins ,it is the same the beecoin??  I remember the coin had swapped in 2014 once.

and now the second swap??  or just change the name?
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 01:37:24 AM

I am have some BEEv2 coins ,it is the same the beecoin??  I remember the coin had swapped in 2014 once.

and now the second swap??  or just change the name?

those coins are still beecoins

soopy changed to bee version 2 but we never agreed to change the project name frome beecoin that was just so the thread was not confusing.

beecoinv2 is beecoin still.

so yes your coins are still valid now.

the way graham is planning to switch will not leave people behind (i think that is true)

If maybe we cant get the swap to work that way then we will just do a usual swap and hopefully people will switch over in good time.

nlrobbie

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 08:23:11 PM

Is this the old beecoin from 2014? So yes, i got a good stack of this coin on a broken hdd. I mined a lot of beecoin that time. If i let the hdd repaired will i be able to synch my old wallet.dat with the blockchain?
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 03:11:14 AM

Is this the old beecoin from 2014? So yes, i got a good stack of this coin on a broken hdd. I mined a lot of beecoin that time. If i let the hdd repaired will i be able to synch my old wallet.dat with the blockchain?

I am not sure, did you swap those for beev2 in believe that swap was 2015-2016?

pass75

Activity: 57

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 06:38:46 PM

[...]
Is maybe there a problem in the wallet that cannot transfer all the coins to a new wallet? no, it just takes time
[...]
Trying to move them little by little it seems it allows me to transfer (per time) approx half of the coins I have in my wallet. this is the way to do it
[...]
I think it would be the best solution to have a slim wallet file with not so many transactions inside. aka “housekeeping”

You'll lose some stake weight in the initial rounding up of the “micro-stake rewards” but that's to be expected. Doing this housekeeping on a regular basis in the future will better preserve stake weights.

Cheers

Graham

Hi Graham, thank you very much... At the end I could move all my coins to a new wallet even if it was a bit hard.
First of all I had to start my old wallet with the -staking=0 option and wait some days all my coins could go out from the staking process and be available for spending.
Then I started to move my coins to a new, fresh and empty wallet: in the beginning with big transactions and then, time by time smaller and smaller. Anyway no more than 30-40% of the available balance. I could understand it was a problem of fees or block dimensions. Infact the last coins I moved were the consolidation of thousands of micro input transactions (due to long staking) that could saturate the fees or more probably the block dimensions.
All was done in about 20 transactions.
IN ALL THIS STORY I WAS REALLY IMPRESSED HOW FAST THE TRANSACTIONS WERE PROCESSED AND CONFIRMED ON THE BEECOIN NETWORK. REALLY REALLY AMAZING COMPARED TO MANY MANY OTHER CRYPTOS!!!
It's the prove this coin was really well done.
I'm sure you could notice this on your own and I'm sure, with your efforts, you are doing it even better ;-)
I'm sorry I cannot help you with the code (I'm not a programmer) but if there is something I can do do not hesitate to contact me.
At the moment I confirm my beecoin node is online 24/7 and I also set up a backup node also online 24/7 to keep the BeeCoin network alive and strong.
Thank you very much for giving your precious time and work to this old, forgotten but also good coin.
Ottavio
gjhiggins
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2018, 02:38:05 AM
Last edit: February 06, 2018, 04:01:49 AM by gjhiggins

So really you are turning yourself into a fully skilled crypto developer.
It's not my intention. I'm a cognitive psychologist by discipline and a cognitive scientist by profession, the latter mainly defined by its use of computational models as investigative tools (hence my broad but patchy knowledge of programming / software engineering --- it was acquired pragmatically and in a piecemeal fashion). Although local constraints circumscribe my involvement to that of a hobbyist, if I had a professional interest as such, it would be in what you might be forgiven for thinking is a bit far-fetched but is very real and also very pertinent to altcoin communities: aspects of Theory of Mind as they pertain to collective intelligence.
https://phys.org/news/2015-06-intelligence-online.html
https://gfbertini.wordpress.com/2016/04/25/theory-of-mind-predicts-collective-intelligence-equally-well-online-and-face-to-face/

For convenience:
Have you ever wondered what factors may shape the interactions we have in online chatrooms? With the advent of the Internet 20+ years ago, the ways in which we communicate have drastically changed, allowing us to easily interact nonverbally or anonymously. Whether it's in a chatroom, email thread, or an online forum, most of us have taken part in some form of group communication on the Internet. Maybe, unbeknownst to us, we became a part of the group's collective intelligence, a form of group intelligence that can surface after collaboration and competition among individuals in the group. But some scientists are wondering, how can we measure the ability of others to communicate in a group, and how can we quantify the effectiveness of a group?

Two traits that make us "distinctly human" are our abilities to empathize and to interact well in social settings with others. These traits are usually measured in face-to-face situations, and may be more difficult to measure online, away from in-person social cues.

One factor that correlates to overall collective intelligence is "Theory of Mind" (ToM), or the ability of one individual to understand the mental state of another and recognize it as distinct from their own; what some may consider "mind reading." In a recent PLOS ONE study, MIT researchers tested the hypothesis that ToM, which can be used to predict collective intelligence in collaborative face-to-face tasks, can almost equally predict collective intelligence in online collaboration. One individual's ability to "read" the behavior of another individual can help contribute to successful communication and overall group intelligence. More than that, this ToM ability may exist even where verbal communication is prohibited, and may contribute to successful communication within an online group.
I'm applying an altcoin context to the questions: “how can we measure the ability of others to communicate in a group, and how can we quantify the effectiveness of a group”.

Except that I'm changing the question away from measurement and quantification to: “how can we best support ...”

Basically, my interest is in understanding the user task information requirements - what information is required to perform a specific task and how it should be presented to best support the process (of creating and maintaining accurate mental models of others).

Are there any specific questions ...
Unfortunately not. The Navcoin clone of Bitcoin Core 0.13 was an exercise in expediency, with parts of the code short-circuited in order to simplify the initial PoW phase - which I hadn't expected, so wasn't looking for.

It's because by the time Bitcoin Core 0.13 was released, the block generation part of the in-wallet miner had been completely obsoleted on mainnet by the shift to ASIC mining and the functionality/API had been adjusted to assume a testnet context with setgenerate (create blocks via continuous hashing) giving way to generate/generatetoaddress (create blocks on demand).

I tried the x11 miner without success and stopped at that point. So I'd had to use generatetoaddress to hand-crank the blockchain. What I hadn't spotted was that the API block generation code generated candidate blocks according to PoW diff rules, in an entirely different location in the codebase, the code had been adjusted so that (all) candidate blocks were checked against PoS diff rules, hence the failure to match. I guess the Navcoin devs chose a different route.

I was able to route the candidate PoW blocks to the appropriate checks and get generatetoaddress working, hand-cranking (via a scheduled task) the PoW block generation phase. I have left Navcoin's staking schedule in place (because it has a 2hr minimum staking time whereas Bee has 7 days and I'm not hanging around for a week).

Anyway, staking does seem to be working ...

(The 50 BEE amounts aren't actually stakes, they are mislabelled PoW blocks.)

Also do you mean because we are trying to conduct this upgrade in the fairest way with this kind of auto balance shift to the new chain that it is proving to be much more complex than if we just forked nav coin and did a coin swap over to the new code base like that?
No, I was merely explaining the presence of a test premine in the committed code as “Plan B”. But having already performed some limited tests of the ledger transfer mechanism, I do have some justification for expecting “Plan A” to execute flawlessly.

But you might want to try it out for yourself. ATM, a candidate pre-release version of the Bee Core 0.13 network using a throwaway UTXO set is (thus far) happily ticking away on minkiz.co (our rented Hetzner box) and on two Linux laptops running locally (my new XPS with Mint 18.2 and my old Acer running Ubuntu 17.10).

I imagine most subscribers to this thread use Windows and am happy to report that (bar a couple of small tweaks) MXE cross-compilation of Windows binaries works out of the box  (https://minkiz.co/noodlings/bee/bee-qt.exe.zip), although I've not had chance to check its functioning on a Windows VM as yet. Edit: Windows users will need to set port=19999 in the config file, at least until I refresh the binary

Linux source code is available pro tem from: https://github.com/gjhiggins/been

It should just sync straight up. If not, addnode=144.76.64.49:19999

You should be able to check whether your imported BEE2 privkeys show any balance at all and if they do, whether they stake (2hrs minimum wait, atm). It's an elderly UTXO, when we're ready actually do the hard fork, I'll update it to reflect the distribution at that point and re-do entire the genesis block creation / PoW mining phase.

Cheers

Graham
pass75

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 08:33:14 PM

Beetoshi 13.0.0 is online and working smoothly... so excited that I couldn't wait!  Grin
Didn't tried yet to import my wallet privkey.
It seems a very good job.
Thank you very much Graham  Wink
pass75

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 01:37:25 PM

You should be able to check whether your imported BEE2 privkeys show any balance at all and if they do, whether they stake (2hrs minimum wait, atm). It's an elderly UTXO, when we're ready actually do the hard fork, I'll update it to reflect the distribution at that point and re-do entire the genesis block creation / PoW mining phase.

Cheers

Graham

I tried to import my wallet keys from my BeeCoinV2 wallet but there are no coins.
I used dumpwallet and importwallet commands.
Was I wrong?
gjhiggins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2018, 02:07:49 PM

I tried to import my wallet keys from my BeeCoinV2 wallet but there are no coins.
Was I wrong?

No, not wrong at all (I come from a different part of the universe, one where users are not referred to as “lusers”). Thanks for trying this out, it is hugely important to get feedback on actual use in the field, so to speak.

Could you try importing the individual BEE2 privkeys?

It may be because Bee Core 0.13 has native support for HD wallets. I don't know if it can import non-HD wallets from dumped from previous versions.

(Still hoping Plan A will work).

Cheers

Graham
pass75

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 10:00:26 PM

Was I wrong?

No, not wrong at all (I come from a different part of the universe, one where users are not referred to as “lusers”). Thanks for trying this out, it is hugely important to get feedback on actual use in the field, so to speak.

Could you try importing the individual BEE2 privkeys?

It may be because Bee Core 0.13 has native support for HD wallets. I don't know if it can import non-HD wallets from dumped from previous versions.

(Still hoping Plan A will work).

Cheers

Graham

Okay, I tried to dumpprivkey 'my address' (the one on which i transfered all my coins when I moved to a new fresh wallet (read some post above)) and then importprivkey ***keys*** on the new BeeToshi but still balnace = 0.
After this I also tried a repairwallet but nothing to do... still no money  Undecided
pass75

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 10:12:08 PM

Update:
Not knowing exactly when you made a fork of the old BeeCoinV2 to the new Bee and being my new address very recent (I moved all my coins approx 2 weeks ago) I though to try to import my previous old wallet.
After the rescan only one transaction jumped out 10/26/2017 of only 0.01097717 Bee (that came from staking) nothing else.
So balance 0.01097717. Very strange Undecided
gjhiggins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2018, 11:05:01 AM

Update:
Not knowing exactly when you made a fork of the old BeeCoinV2 to the new Bee and being my new address very recent (I moved all my coins approx 2 weeks ago) I though to try to import my previous old wallet.
After the rescan only one transaction jumped out 10/26/2017 of only 0.01097717 Bee (that came from staking) nothing else.
So balance 0.01097717. Very strange Undecided

Once again, heartfelt thanks for the feedback. What you describe is plausible. I'm in the process of updating the UTXO set, so your new addresses should show up in that.

It also occurs to me that the genesis block transactions which form the public ledger could be rephrased in a more accessible fashion by changing the transaction referents from pubkeys to addresses, i.e. change:

txNew.vout[0].nValue = 10000000 * COIN;
    txNew.vout[0].scriptPubKey = CScript() << OP_DUP << OP_HASH160 << ParseHex("abee155f02a09bd70b498be5af25d7991703e404") << OP_EQUALVERIFY << OP_CHECKSIG;
    genesis.vtx.push_back(txNew);

to

txNew.vout[0].nValue = 10000000 * COIN;
    txNew.vout[0].scriptPubKey = CScript() << OP_DUP << OP_HASH160 << ParseHex(DecodeBase58ToHex(std::string("3HN6ggDkexkUrHR7NNpgbhkBRY7eBckhMJ"))) << OP_EQUALVERIFY << OP_CHECKSIG;
    genesis.vtx.push_back(txNew);

Then people could just search the chainparams.cpp source for their address(es) and balance(s).

I'll make the switch when I re-generate the genesis block using the updated UTXO set. I'm just waiting for beecoinv2 to finish syncing before running the Python script that updates the UTXO database.

Cheers

Graham
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 06:45:36 AM

So really you are turning yourself into a fully skilled crypto developer.
It's not my intention. I'm a cognitive psychologist by discipline and a cognitive scientist by profession, the latter mainly defined by its use of computational models as investigative tools (hence my broad but patchy knowledge of programming / software engineering --- it was acquired pragmatically and in a piecemeal fashion). Although local constraints circumscribe my involvement to that of a hobbyist, if I had a professional interest as such, it would be in what you might be forgiven for thinking is a bit far-fetched but is very real and also very pertinent to altcoin communities: aspects of Theory of Mind as they pertain to collective intelligence.
https://phys.org/news/2015-06-intelligence-online.html
https://gfbertini.wordpress.com/2016/04/25/theory-of-mind-predicts-collective-intelligence-equally-well-online-and-face-to-face/

For convenience:
Have you ever wondered what factors may shape the interactions we have in online chatrooms? With the advent of the Internet 20+ years ago, the ways in which we communicate have drastically changed, allowing us to easily interact nonverbally or anonymously. Whether it's in a chatroom, email thread, or an online forum, most of us have taken part in some form of group communication on the Internet. Maybe, unbeknownst to us, we became a part of the group's collective intelligence, a form of group intelligence that can surface after collaboration and competition among individuals in the group. But some scientists are wondering, how can we measure the ability of others to communicate in a group, and how can we quantify the effectiveness of a group?

Two traits that make us "distinctly human" are our abilities to empathize and to interact well in social settings with others. These traits are usually measured in face-to-face situations, and may be more difficult to measure online, away from in-person social cues.

One factor that correlates to overall collective intelligence is "Theory of Mind" (ToM), or the ability of one individual to understand the mental state of another and recognize it as distinct from their own; what some may consider "mind reading." In a recent PLOS ONE study, MIT researchers tested the hypothesis that ToM, which can be used to predict collective intelligence in collaborative face-to-face tasks, can almost equally predict collective intelligence in online collaboration. One individual's ability to "read" the behavior of another individual can help contribute to successful communication and overall group intelligence. More than that, this ToM ability may exist even where verbal communication is prohibited, and may contribute to successful communication within an online group.
I'm applying an altcoin context to the questions: “how can we measure the ability of others to communicate in a group, and how can we quantify the effectiveness of a group”.

Except that I'm changing the question away from measurement and quantification to: “how can we best support ...”

Basically, my interest is in understanding the user task information requirements - what information is required to perform a specific task and how it should be presented to best support the process (of creating and maintaining accurate mental models of others).

Are there any specific questions ...
Unfortunately not. The Navcoin clone of Bitcoin Core 0.13 was an exercise in expediency, with parts of the code short-circuited in order to simplify the initial PoW phase - which I hadn't expected, so wasn't looking for.

It's because by the time Bitcoin Core 0.13 was released, the block generation part of the in-wallet miner had been completely obsoleted on mainnet by the shift to ASIC mining and the functionality/API had been adjusted to assume a testnet context with setgenerate (create blocks via continuous hashing) giving way to generate/generatetoaddress (create blocks on demand).

I tried the x11 miner without success and stopped at that point. So I'd had to use generatetoaddress to hand-crank the blockchain. What I hadn't spotted was that the API block generation code generated candidate blocks according to PoW diff rules, in an entirely different location in the codebase, the code had been adjusted so that (all) candidate blocks were checked against PoS diff rules, hence the failure to match. I guess the Navcoin devs chose a different route.

I was able to route the candidate PoW blocks to the appropriate checks and get generatetoaddress working, hand-cranking (via a scheduled task) the PoW block generation phase. I have left Navcoin's staking schedule in place (because it has a 2hr minimum staking time whereas Bee has 7 days and I'm not hanging around for a week).

Anyway, staking does seem to be working ...

(The 50 BEE amounts aren't actually stakes, they are mislabelled PoW blocks.)

Also do you mean because we are trying to conduct this upgrade in the fairest way with this kind of auto balance shift to the new chain that it is proving to be much more complex than if we just forked nav coin and did a coin swap over to the new code base like that?
No, I was merely explaining the presence of a test premine in the committed code as “Plan B”. But having already performed some limited tests of the ledger transfer mechanism, I do have some justification for expecting “Plan A” to execute flawlessly.

But you might want to try it out for yourself. ATM, a candidate pre-release version of the Bee Core 0.13 network using a throwaway UTXO set is (thus far) happily ticking away on minkiz.co (our rented Hetzner box) and on two Linux laptops running locally (my new XPS with Mint 18.2 and my old Acer running Ubuntu 17.10).

I imagine most subscribers to this thread use Windows and am happy to report that (bar a couple of small tweaks) MXE cross-compilation of Windows binaries works out of the box  (https://minkiz.co/noodlings/bee/bee-qt.exe.zip), although I've not had chance to check its functioning on a Windows VM as yet. Edit: Windows users will need to set port=19999 in the config file, at least until I refresh the binary

Linux source code is available pro tem from: https://github.com/gjhiggins/been

It should just sync straight up. If not, addnode=144.76.64.49:19999

Cheers

Graham

That's quite interesting and I do also find that the case in real life too. The more a person can chameleon himself to fit smoothly with another or for the best within a group of persons the more valuable they are. Even more so if the group is very varied in personality/ability types and they (the chameleons are like the oil that ensure least friction between the cogs. They are kind of like the interface that allows a connection between all parties. Extremely smart people often do not relate well to normal persons so their value (in a collective online effort) is not always as dominant as their iq would have you assume.

Great news on the new wallet I am going to download and test this out asap.

I have been sadly contemplating not having a lambo lately (since my crypto stash of value tumbled to more second hand older bmw levels) so not been so active on this board. But now i have spotted bee is springing to life again it will be great to help get it back on its feet.

I will ask if john can send out the mass message for beelievers to test the new bee wallet out.

thanks for your hard work graham. Although i don;t follow  what exactly is happening it seems obvious it is a time consuming and quite a nasty task to get all of this stuff working correctly.

drax86

Activity: 21

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 08:11:02 PM

I tried importing priv key and it shows 0 bee. also the syncing seems stuck on block 20000
jolinahermosa25

Activity: 112

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 06:46:32 AM

i would like to know more about this beecoin,any info about it,update us.i want to follow Smiley
Neo.Prometheus

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 10:10:42 PM

I wish the progeny to be successful team. Every day more people will know more about the project. Good luck!
nlrobbie

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 11:57:54 PM

[/quote]

No
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 10:20:33 PM

No
[/quote]

In this case it could now be impossible to switch

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: