Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 03:56:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ANN - [BEE] - 2014 -2018 - BEE COIN - the original BEE ===  (Read 27443 times)
gjhiggins
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2018, 11:16:36 PM

Importing Key appears to work now, doesn't show all my bee2 coins but that could just be based on when you forked the chain.

It appears that staking is working

Thanks for the feedback. I snapshotted the ledger a while ago, I'll update it so that folks' current keys work. Staking calculations do indeed seem to be working and that bodes well. However, the test addresses hat I used in the previous exercise did mature and were showing huge staking weight but when I stopped the script that was calling generate 1 every few minutes, so did the block generation. I have no experience of how the PoW->PoS transition works so I'll just have to build a model by working through the code than implements it. The situation isn't helped by the fact that the transition was implemented in the old 0.8.X navcoin and the 0.13 Core version may not even include that code.

Cheers

Graham
dlsa

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 11:27:42 PM

this coins is dead  Grin
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 10:47:01 AM

this coins is dead  Grin

actually no  crypto can actually ever die. It is only ever resting awaiting a recall to action.

What you don't realise it that there are very very few real developers out there that can build and maintain an actual crypto currency. I mean understanding each part of it so they are in almost complete control.

That is why you see very few pos coins running on later builds. Most pos coins are just copy and paste of rat4 pos3 and if he decided to obfuscate any future bug fixes that arose they would all be ruined. Or if bugs popped up and he was not around to help fix then...

Graham is gradually learning each part of the code so in the end will actually be much more able to adapt and manipulate that code for any enhancements.

Beecoin is not dead it takes even fully trained (for years) crypto devs months and months to make adjustments and upgrades to their pos coins. For example cbx has two excellent devs one of which is the creator of posp (which is like pos3) and they have taken nearly over 6 months to enable new upgrades with masternodes and it is still not done. Regardless of which i am still confindent in that project too. These things take a lot of time to get correct.

However beecoin above any other coin i mined was the perfect POW launch and therefore I would feel comfortable saying it is the fairest of all the coins on this board. It would be fantastic to see it go further with micro tasks to enable all new crypto seekers a chance at becoming part of the community and I am confident given the unique position we are in with such a huge % of the minting to give away to new users either by staking that huge amount in staking/securing wallets (that could make us immune or less vulnerable to attacks that other pos coins are open to) and using all the pos interest to pay new community members to do micro tasks or fund all kinds of things.

I had previously assumed that i had lost more of my beecoins than i actually have so i will also be putting a lot of effort into reviving this project since i will not only be driven by the desire to see the fairest coins succeed but also because it will make financial sense for me too.

Not to sing my own praises but in the past coins that I have put a lot of effort into promoting have done rather well here, so to say this project is dead could not be further from the truth.

Our first major step will be getting on an exchange but actually i see lots of new exchanges and projects like rai got to be in the top ranks of CMC on some quite minor exchanges too. Also decentralised exchanges are on the up now too. So once we get to that stage we will certainly be back in the game.

I know many of you guys mined this and bought this whilst you could have mined and bought darkcoin etc which would have now made you millionaires. The same for me I was mining beecoin for months and months with all of my rigs because I assumed the fairest coins would be the last standing. This as yet could still be true.

beellionaires could still be possible Smiley

drax86

Activity: 21

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 02:56:51 PM

Looks like Staking is some what working without having to manually "generate' a block. I have a number of blocks that were staked up to an hour after my last generated block. There hasnt been anything for the last 3 days since then though
drax86

Activity: 21

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 06:50:15 PM

any new updates?
rainbow7colours123

Activity: 27

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 04:35:18 PM

Where can I get more information about this project, any websites or links?
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 09:48:10 AM

any new updates?

Graham is working on beecoin. I think it could take a bit more time as I think Graham is helping improve many good projects and is gaining knowledge from many different devs previous work.

Only Graham can give you a more detailed update but I am just telling you what I last heard and that was he was still working away on the beecoin port.

supernva

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 09:53:16 AM

any news?
Brooku

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 04:50:34 PM

It seems very amazing project for the future , maybe I can join as a team if you need , I can do as Indonesian translator especially the white paper or maybe as bounty manager.
gjhiggins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2018, 10:44:13 AM

Uh, I found myelf replying to a post on the old thread and thought it would be better posted here ...

I can't believe how rude some people from the bee community can be after he has helped us all come back from nowhere.
People are just people, we all rely very heavily on simplified assumptions just to be able to get through life at all. Sometimes the assumptions are over-simplified and can lead the unwary into some entertainingly public flights of personal fantasy.

This PoW-PoS changeover thing is more challenging that it might appear. Take a PIVX port to Bee for example.

It's easy enough to clone the current well-developed version but the cloned code is working with an existing blockchain, the first 200000 blocks (ono) were PoW mined two years ago. Since then, no PoW mining has taken place on PIVX, the only reason for retaining the code is so that when a PIVX client syncs from the network, the integrity of those 200000 (ono) PoW blocks can be checked as they are received by the client.

If you track back in the PIVX bitcointalk thread to Aug 2016 (the beginning of the PoW/PoS changeover) and cross-reference that period with the PIVX github activity, you'll see about 6 upgrades released in the couple of weeks bracketing the PoW/PoS changeover.

For a PIVX-Bee upgrade, the situation is slightly different. PIVX (or DarkNet as it was called back then) actually needed the PoW period in order to effect the initial distribution. They arranged a changeover period when coins were minted using both PoW and PoS mechanisms, with the PoS stakeweight networkhash gradually taking over from the PoW mining networkhash under software control.

Bee already has a distribution, it just needs copying over to an upgraded client - which I've done.

The next task is to kickstart the blockchain, which involves persuading the (no longer functioning) PoW mining code to move the chain along until the disbursed Bee coins mature and start exerting sufficient stakeweight (according to the PoSv2 caculations) to cause mint-by-proof-of-stake to occur.

In case anyone's arrived late - in Bitcoin Core (i.e. > 0.9) there is a testnet facility to generate blocks on demand which I temporarily enabled for the Bee mainnet. I had to manually crank the handle in terms of a scheduled task calling generate 2 every minute in an attempt to mimic the Bee emission rate and get the PoS working in as-near-to-normal-running-conditions as I could. My simplified assumption was that re-running the code from block 0 would work. I failed to account for the possibility that the functionality of the PoW code would not be preserved by subsequent code developments - the rest of the code has moved on and no-one bothered upgrading the PoW miner because it wasn't used and now, because of changes elsewhere in the codebase, it no longer works. All that remains is the testnet facility for generating blocks on demand.

Well, that's how it was with Navcoin-as-Bee. Navcoin went through  the same PoW-PoS sequence as DarkNet, only earlier still. And, like Darknet, there was a hard fork at the point where everyone had to upgrade to the new (PoS-only) wallet.

I did have a public stab at it with Bee but it was a bit low-key because I was so uncertain about just how far my own simplifications had led me into a personal flight of fancy - that the PoS would "just" kick in because I couldn't see why it wouldn't. What I didn't (and still don't) know is how much stakeweight is required. It's possible that PoS would have taken over from the hand-cranked PoW if there was enough PoS nethash from staking clients. And it's also possible that the PoS would not have "just" kicked in for reasons of which I'm not yet aware. (Hey, I didn't write the code).

I'm experiencing much the same difficulty helping the Helium folks kickstart their PIVX clone. They're in a slightly more favourable situation in that the current Dash/Masternode axis is the result of independent development of a clone of Bitcoin Core 0.11 and still has the in-wallet miner (albeit in a decrepit state) whereas Navcoin is the result of a similar independent development of a clone of Bitcoin Core 0.13 - the one in which the upstream Bitcoin dev team decided to entirely remove the long-unused in-wallet PoW miner code, leaving just the on-demand testnet block generator.

So, there's no mining. Not without a lot of back-filling of old miner code which then needs to be brought up to date (with respect to all the other changes that have subsequently been made to the structure of the code) so that it mints PoW blocks once more. And then, after all that, disabling it again once the LAST_POW_BLOCK has been passed.

All in all, not exactly an attractive proposition, so I'm working on a means of circumventing it.

Does the miner work with an external miner? Good question. I don't know the answer because I'm on a laptop and thus far have had difficulty finding a CPU miner that can handle a post-0.10 protocol. I have one for OS X that might do the job (but I privately doubt it). I'm working on successfully compiling the OS X version of the Navcoin-as-Bee client so that I can find out whether it can still be mined by an external miner.

At worst, you'll need wait until Helium launches (cue hollow laughter) and then I can use that as a model.

Cheers

Graham
htao

Activity: 9

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 06:44:44 PM

Thank you Graham for the update, Much appreciated.

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 12:51:17 PM

dead?
gjhiggins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2018, 12:58:28 PM

dead?

Why do you ask?
dutch_loneranger

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 06:38:55 PM

always love to read the progress you make or not make graham ,

if i read what you write i also learn about other coins and a little about blockchain and the problems and that is very intresting material too read

thank you for that and yes i also appreciate it very much and  i think many more even it is kind of silent here,

greetings ,

gjhiggins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2018, 11:25:03 PM

even if it is kind of silent here,  

Fair comment.

I've been spending some time over in the Helium slack. Helium is a fork of PIVX with its public ledger transferred from Spreadcoin, so it is also a viable (if challenging) potential path for Bee. I've appointed myself describer and implementer of the public ledger transfer and I have worked out a scheme that uses the genesis block transaction to deposit the public ledger total into a multisig "Treasury" address (a notion directly transferrable to Bee). I need a functioning PoW period in order to test the Treasury multisig scripts that disburse the public ledger.

Like Navcoin, PIVX/Helium has an initial limited PoW period to allow staking coins to mature, ready for when the network staking weight has to take over from the PoW mining at the end of the PoW period. There are a number of other forks of PIVX, some of which have proved educational. I've recently successfully tested the basic PoW mining phase and the next iteration should test the PoW/PoS changeover - which, if successful, would position Helium pretty much ready for launch. And if unsuccessful, would position me for some further education.

Cheers

Graham
TheSea

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 11:36:54 AM

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/bee2/#
Payment is exhausted. We will dream that GREEDYJOHN will pay again with his personal money?
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 11:21:06 AM

Fully operational long-term rental platform. It leverages blockchain technology to ensure seamless rental experience and allows for crowdsourcing to help tenants unfreeze millions of dollars tied up in rental security deposits.

ban the above account - some crazy bot spouting madness

soopy452000
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1001

Founder - NavCoin Ⓝ

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2018, 04:54:13 AM

Hello All,

How are you guys doing?

Warmest Regards,
˜SoopY˜

Working/Online Times
04:00:00 GMT - 12:00:00 GMT / 00:00:00 EDT - 08:00:00 EDT

Coin Developments & Contributions 1. SherlockCoin (SHC) (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=454981) 2. [RESURRECTION] Bringing Life to Growthcoin (GRW) , Community Backed Development! (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=469464) 3. [ANN][66][New Maintainer] ★Coin 66★ (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=493987) 4. [RE-ANN] Galaxycoin Revival!-FORK AT BLOCK 255145, KGW, RANDOM BLOCK REWARDS (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=495693) 5. [RESURRECTION] Taking Astrocoin to the Moon,KGW Implemented + HARD FORK AT 17520 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=516549 6. [RESURRECTION] Bringing Electric back to the grid, Community Backed Development! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=514790
kimtaek

Activity: 336
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 10, 2018, 05:22:27 AM

is BEE coins will rised again? Is there a possibility that this will have a bounty or airdrop from BEE coins?
anotherlateminer
Legendary

Activity: 1413
Merit: 1003

Bagholder. Hodling shit since 2014

View Profile
December 11, 2018, 06:34:42 PM

Hello All,

How are you guys doing?

Warmest Regards,
˜SoopY˜
Doing well! BEE is a beast!