Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: CoinMarketCap Excludes Korean Exchanges from XRP Price  (Read 101 times)
AlexanderPetrex (OP)

Activity: 68
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 01:54:06 PM

Ripple News Update

Many readers panicked when checking Ripple prices this morning because a popular web site excluded Korean exchanges from its calculation of Ripple prices.
The result was a seemingly sharp drop in XRP’s value.

What’s shocking is that CoinMarketCap did not warn investors about the change, nor did it explain the shift thereafter. Investors simply discovered the move by checking CoinMarketCap.com. This sparked panic and then a frantic search for answers.

Continue Reading ... https://www.profitconfidential.com/cryptocurrency/ripple/xrp-price-prediction-coinmarketcap-excludes-korean-exchanges-ripple-price/
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 01:56:30 PM

CMC need to do more things like this

they are the most dangerous site in crypto

icos should have a totally different section since they are all mostly fake caps and fake volume

penig

Activity: 266
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 02:04:33 PM

A number of coins are distorted by Korean exchanges, not just XRP.   Example bitcoin at $22.2k and Ethereum at $1700 on Bithumb.  The price arbitrage the article talks about simply doesnt happen in crypto currency yet.  I'm pretty sure CMC says they exclude prices out of certain % bounds.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: