Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:50:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SGL] Sigil - Decentralized, 0% Fee Crowdfunding  (Read 42036 times)
thaian

Activity: 182
Merit: 15

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 11:02:45 PM

https://coinhouse.eu/ just listed Sigil!

no one traded

"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bgonuller

Activity: 63
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 11:04:25 PM

newly listed...

this is something Smiley
Sigil-Developer (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 11:43:27 PM

Just got confirmation of payment from Stocks.Exchange. Will be added within the next few days
alexwolf011

Activity: 75

Miner, Trader

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 12:02:50 AM

I have a question: how to calculate the number of staking coins I can mine?

Near to zero, till DEV's stop stacking their HUGE premain.
5*100 SGL here, 2 days POS and ... nothing.

That's not good at all....you are opening your wallet for the whole day and nothing mined..?

QUANTUM 1NET • QUANTUM HACKING IS COMING. ARE YOU READY? • QUANTUM 1NET  (https://quantum1net.com/)
bitcoin27

Activity: 141

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 12:11:40 AM

Hi... NeoScrypt only the algo that can we use to mine??? or it can be sha256 Huh can i have a link for sha256 algo... thanks in advance ^_^
uluvsg

Activity: 41

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 12:15:16 AM

If you need translation to Korean, I would love to reserve Korean translation :-) please let me know.
caoscan

Activity: 61

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 12:16:58 AM

Hi... NeoScrypt only the algo that can we use to mine??? or it can be sha256 Huh can i have a link for sha256 algo... thanks in advance ^_^

You use Neoscrypt to mine.

Sha256 is the algo for POS.
lillywong

Activity: 5

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 12:19:33 AM

dev, why did you edit the comment? not trying to troll, but it doesn't make sense Huh Embarrassed
alexwolf011

Activity: 75

Miner, Trader

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 12:26:38 AM

Alright, it's time to stop griping about speculation over what the staking revenue from the premine might be used for. Hop into the Slack and head to the #bounties and #giveaway channels. We've been giving out some of the staking revenue to faithful community members for the past few days. When the exchanges come back to us with their $7,000 - $25,000 listing fees, the team also won't be forcing you to pay that fee for SGL to get listed. They'll be covering it themselves, with a little help (but not much) from the staking revenue.

If you don't have enough SGL to be finding any POS blocks (we've gotten reports that even with 150 - 300 SGL, people are finding blocks), please consider working on one of the bigger bounties to get enough SGL to find POS blocks. If 25 SGL was enough to stake and make good returns, the coin would be worthless and rampant with inflation.

i do believe it has potential, but i do share concerns regarding to staking. Staking has gone up 10-20x in the last few days, from just basic probability that 100-150 coin stake will only be an exception in finding a pos block, you need 300-500 coins for that stake to be even sort-of daily on a regular basis according to your own data, ...with the developer and you and whom ever else in the team controlling at present at least 70-80% of actual supply, the staking odds for anyone with sub 1000 is 0.0004 or less. this is not an attack, but just a clarifying statement

also, how do we know if your not independently wealthy? the dev stated in the slack that one of you had previous "experience" on a coin as a "lead developer" and a very strong/sucessful coin inferring wealth otherwise that argument is meaningless.....and i understand you have anonymity, but was that coin actually successful, can you provide a name or something to the product? did you make profit since most coins and even the most dim-witted of concepts in the last months havehad  successful growth were dev's made millions.? now if the coin or product was a failure in the past, you could help explain to us why it failed and how you hope to improve. you sir or madam are trying to win us over, so please navigate these waters respectfully. the fact you already have some sums of btc to buy listings on exchanges and have worked on a coin in the past/boosting your experience is a double edged sword and you must be straight-forward with you talk to us.

the best case i believe to help alleviate this discord and bloody mess in the bitcointalk is for you, the dev and whoever else to come out clean with a proposal of where the coins all actually go, which wallets you control, presuming they are the top 10! also, it is not impossible for you to not stop staking, you could just close your wallets and it would help reduce all these issues by 90%. and providing more information about yourselves other than a vague outline and current finance  pattern would also help. i don't want to be rude, but you MUST understand that with all the bloody shitcoins now, there is reason for people to be spetkitcal, griping about a person we don't even know is not a irrational behavior.

i hate posting, but tone like that to people that are justifiably skeptical  about your team is fine and only madmen would follow blindly. the ico defense made is good, but most people are just afraid you will dump this coin when it hits a few dollars. having a face to a name provides security to us. think from our perspective

as long as your not a bunch of high school kids trying to make a get quick rich scheme, or a get richer and richer scam, i don't think most people will care who you guys are (also tell us the exactly the number of people at least? you , the dev and i believe a few more devs?) or you could at least name the school you guys came from, a "top research" school is the vaguest thing i have ever heard, like research in what? math, cs, bio, econ, those rankings are not the same. and plus a UMD and MIT are both considered good research schools, but MIT is like Cambridge in the UK.

still i wish you ty48, presuming you are ty in the slack, the best of luck, just be honest with us and help alleviate our concerns, and then we will back you.  Smiley

if you or the dev could get back to me asap, that would be encouraging to say the least.

First off, thanks for your questions, we really appreciate you taking  the time to voice your concerns. I’ll try and answer them as best I can:

About staking, I understand where youre coming froms. As of right now, we are only staking 40% of the premine. The rest is locked up in accounts that we won’t touch. You can see the proof of this on the rich list at http://sigilexplorer.com. When we first launched the coin, we came into it with the idea that we’d need some passive income to promote further growth and development. In spite of this, however, we stopped staking the majority of the coins because of the public outcry. The rise in difficulty isn’t solely because of us, though, I’ve given out almost 200,000 SGL over the last few days which are all staking now.

About the team, you’re right that it’s an important topic, one that can make or break the coin. I know that our anonymity is controversial, and it’s something we may reconsider in the future, but as of this moment, I don’t think it’ll change. I can talk about who we are though. We’re five individuals, graduates and researchers from the University of Virginia. I wouldn’t say we’re wealthy, but we do have enough BTC to pay for reasonable listing fees/servers/overhead without an ICO or dumping coins when we get on an exchange, but yet it’s still us paying out of our own pockets.

About the wallets, as of right now we have a 5% premine. The breakdown of the premine is mentioned in the main post. Of that premine, 40% is staking, the rest are locked away in the top two accounts, to be used for marketing/bounties.

Even in spite of our ability to pay listing fees, the exorbitant amount that some exchanges charge (5-75 BTC) is still more than we are able to pay. We’ll also have to pay monthly server/network fees and everything else that’s necessary out of our own pockets. We figured before we launched that we’d need some form of passive income, and we decided to stake only a portion of the premine to accomplish this.

Thanks Dev. I think your reply can help me continue to support SGL.

It's not like early years. It is not easy to start a coin without strong financial group or ICO.

Hope everything well!

QUANTUM 1NET • QUANTUM HACKING IS COMING. ARE YOU READY? • QUANTUM 1NET  (https://quantum1net.com/)
lillywong

Activity: 5

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 12:54:53 AM

you see i thought so too until his associate started ranting about "wealth assumption" and other blasted gibberish

then he "edited" that text above from: "You're right about the team being a bit independently wealthy due to the success of the dev involved with the other coin"

to this parsh phrase "i wouldn't say were wealthy..."..... Undecided uuuhmmmmm okay

it seems like he covered up his argument after his associate lost his nerve without consulting each other and thus having polar responses to the same question. in my original post i commended the honestly of the dev for coming forward, but then realized that the ty48  had  far less appealing use of rhetoric.

now it makes sense the dev changed his response after ty48's statement and it is reasonable but it does have bad taste. whatever, i have a few coins so i'm just gonna let things play off and see how this Oprah ends.

Sigil-Developer (OP)

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 01:03:47 AM
Last edit: January 16, 2018, 01:42:43 AM by Sigil-Developer

you see i thought so too until his associate started ranting about "wealth assumption" and other blasted gibberish

then he "edited" that text above from: "You're right about the team being a bit independently wealthy due to the success of the dev involved with the other coin"

to this parsh phrase "i wouldn't say were wealthy..."..... Undecided uuuhmmmmm okay

it seems like he covered up his argument after his associate lost his nerve without consulting each other and thus having polar responses to the same question. in my original post i commended the honestly of the dev for coming forward, but then realized that the ty48 associate had  far less appealing use of rhetoric.

now it makes sense the dev changed his response after ty48's statement and it is reasonable but it does have bad taste. whatever, i have a few coins so i'm just gonna let things play off and how this Oprah ends.

Apologies, yeah you're right, there was a misunderstanding between me and ty48, I made my response without consulting him or the rest of the team. While my initial response had some truth to it, we figured that it wasn't completely necessary to mention the team's funding, and just that we'd be able to pay necessary listing fees.
sommersut

Activity: 72

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 01:07:14 AM

Sigil has no trading volume on https://coinhouse.eu/. In fact this exchange presents a very low trade volume, however Dev will announce new exchange for Sigil (check slack) very soon  Smiley
spoofter

Activity: 7

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 02:41:11 AM

I've gone through the steps for Staking (even watched the video that someone put up) but I don't think my coins are staking.  In the bottom right of the wallet the triangle is lit up and says staking is enabled, but yet no coins in the 'Stake' column under balance.

This is the guide I followed:
http://sigilplatform.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/Sigil_Staking.pdf

Any thoughts?
Sigil-Developer (OP)

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 02:48:04 AM

I've gone through the steps for Staking (even watched the video that someone put up) but I don't think my coins are staking.  In the bottom right of the wallet the triangle is lit up and says staking is enabled, but yet no coins in the 'Stake' column under balance.

This is the guide I followed:
http://sigilplatform.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/Sigil_Staking.pdf

Any thoughts?

As long as the triangle is lit up, you're staking. Don't worry about the 'Stake' column, they'll only show up there if your coins find a block.
happenZ

Activity: 87

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 02:55:22 AM

The official pool is a mess. I should earn like 200 Sigil per day while in reality i only got 35 from official pool. Where are the other 165 coins?  Huh Even when i mined solo i found 1 Block in 1 hour. Please dev make a BOUNTY for new pools and after that, up the fees on your pool so people spread to other pools. Seriously your pool gives me nightmares  Grin
Sigil-Developer (OP)

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 02:57:43 AM

The official pool is a mess. I should earn like 200 Sigil per day while in reality i only got 35 from official pool. Where are the other 165 coins?  Huh Even when i mined solo i found 1 Block in 1 hour. Please dev make a BOUNTY for new pools and after that, up the fees on your pool so people spread to other pools. Seriously your pool gives me nightmares  Grin

How much hash rate are you mining with?
happenZ

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 02:59:39 AM
Last edit: January 16, 2018, 03:12:29 AM by happenZ

The official pool is a mess. I should earn like 200 Sigil per day while in reality i only got 35 from official pool. Where are the other 165 coins?  Huh Even when i mined solo i found 1 Block in 1 hour. Please dev make a BOUNTY for new pools and after that, up the fees on your pool so people spread to other pools. Seriously your pool gives me nightmares  Grin

1.8 MH/s - Explain this: https://i.imgur.com/9RhRTGH.png

~180 / day and 1.4 / hour ?  Huh
Sigil-Developer (OP)

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 03:23:14 AM

The official pool is a mess. I should earn like 200 Sigil per day while in reality i only got 35 from official pool. Where are the other 165 coins?  Huh Even when i mined solo i found 1 Block in 1 hour. Please dev make a BOUNTY for new pools and after that, up the fees on your pool so people spread to other pools. Seriously your pool gives me nightmares  Grin

~180 / day and 1.4 / hour ?  Huh

Mm okay I went and did the math. At the current difficulty/workers, a worker in the official pool with 5.5 MH/s is getting approximately .25 SGL a block. At 1.8 MH/s you should get around .06-.1 SGL a block, depending on fluctuations. There's been approximately 698 valid blocks that have been found within the last 24 hours, and as a result you should've found 41.66-69.8 SGL total. That's assuming that the difficulty/mining pool was completely constant over the past day, which it wasn't. The hash rate at the moment is actually rather low, and thus you'd be getting a larger share currently than you would earlier.

Sorry, but the estimation that the official pool shows isn't exactly accurate.
happenZ

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 03:27:42 AM

~180 / day and 1.4 / hour ?  Huh

Mm okay I went and did the math. At the current difficulty/workers, a worker in the official pool with 5.5 MH/s is getting approximately .25 SGL a block. At 1.8 MH/s you should get around .06-.1 SGL a block, depending on fluctuations. There's been approximately 698 valid blocks that have been found within the last 24 hours, and as a result you should've found 41.66-69.8 SGL total. That's assuming that the difficulty/mining pool was completely constant over the past day, which it wasn't. The hash rate at the moment is actually rather low, and thus you'd be getting a larger share currently than you would earlier.

Sorry, but the estimation that the official pool shows isn't exactly accurate.

So why i don't get paid every round? https://i.imgur.com/qleJcyo.png
AlexE2E4

Activity: 16

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 03:30:23 AM

I have a question: how to calculate the number of staking coins I can mine?

Near to zero, till DEV's stop stacking their HUGE premain.
5*100 SGL here, 2 days POS and ... nothing.

That's not good at all....you are opening your wallet for the whole day and nothing mined..?

Yes, sir. I know how to PoS correctly.
Finally, 500 coins gave me 1 block in 3 days.
For me, PoS difficulty changing says, someone manipulate it by temporarily turning OFF stacking, so let peoples get few coins and post here like "Wow, i get few coins from PoS", e.t.c.

P.S. I do not blame anyone, simply monitoring the situation...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  

Jump to: