Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 10:18:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SGL] Sigil - Decentralized, 0% Fee Crowdfunding  (Read 42036 times)
xxmetalmartyrxx

Activity: 98
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 05:21:11 PM

No official statement concerning Devs staking most of coins?

Nope. They expect people to lurk through their Slack to get info, instead of just coming forward an announcing it.
dkmontague

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 07:45:21 PM
Last edit: February 11, 2018, 07:58:59 PM by dkmontague

Ok so I mined some of this a few weeks ago and now have ~1957 coin days with no POS payout.  The devs are the ones getting all the blocks, staking the entire premine of millions and millions of coins. 

You guys really think this project will survive when they have made it effectively pointless to stake coins?  Absolutely ridiculous. 

If you want adopters, you need to make it worthwhile to participate.  Fucking greed is all this is. 

At this point, I dont even care about the coins and just want this project dead so the greedy devs arent making money off the community.  Especially off people who are buying the coins they stake with their hard-earned BTC. 

This project had potential but they have made it just another crypto joke on investors.  Fuck these guys.

With roughly 2000 coins how do you have those coins split up? Did you leave everything on auto? Is the wallet open 24/7 on an internet connected machine?

This is just one of my wallets. It has been closed up multiple days in between these due to weather or the rig it runs being down for service of some sort (I use it for GPU BIOS mods and testing trouble cards before RMA)

http://img.techpowerup.org/180211/capture068.jpg

If you notice it has hit PoS multiple times (and this does not show orphan hits). That is with inputs as low as 50.xx coins.

This is my coin weight sheet. It is now above 2000 coins an amount for this wallet.

http://img.techpowerup.org/180211/capture069.jpg

If you don't have coin weights in the 2000+ range don't expect to hit anything. That goes for any PoS setup. There is absolutely no reason if your wallet is setup correctly and left running connected to the net 24/7 that it should not hit PoS with 2000 coins. That is user error.

http://img.techpowerup.org/180211/capture070.jpg

This kind of weight hits daily on average if difficulty for PoS stays under 30-40. We are over that so I expect every 3 days now.

I see your sheet.  How many coins do you have staked?  I mined 125 coins to the main address, haven't split them up (per their instructions to have at least 100 in each address).  Do you think adding addresses with coin control is what makes the difference here?

I have received 1 payout of 25 coins after the first few days (when the staking scandal became more public and im assuming they put a hold on staking temporarily) and then nothing since.  There is really no wallet setup to fuck up here on the user end if youre just using the single address with no coin control, so im not sure what you're talking about.  The wallet is open on a machine that I leave on 24/7 (no sleep settings, etc) with the wallet always open, showing connections and active staking.  It's been like 2 weeks.  I am at 2 inputs with 2069 days right now.   

I would LOVE to be wrong about this and get staking like you are, but as of now it looks like its not user error and these guys just need to quit being greedy bastards
lutuy

Activity: 128

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 09:44:27 PM

is there a linux wallet daemon?
cdawall

Activity: 19

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 10:35:28 PM

I see your sheet.  How many coins do you have staked?  I mined 125 coins to the main address, haven't split them up (per their instructions to have at least 100 in each address).  Do you think adding addresses with coin control is what makes the difference here?

I have received 1 payout of 25 coins after the first few days (when the staking scandal became more public and im assuming they put a hold on staking temporarily) and then nothing since.  There is really no wallet setup to fuck up here on the user end if youre just using the single address with no coin control, so im not sure what you're talking about.  The wallet is open on a machine that I leave on 24/7 (no sleep settings, etc) with the wallet always open, showing connections and active staking.  It's been like 2 weeks.  I am at 2 inputs with 2069 days right now.   

I would LOVE to be wrong about this and get staking like you are, but as of now it looks like its not user error and these guys just need to quit being greedy bastards

Minimum staking amount is 50 coins per input. You have next to no weight with 125 coins. I have enough coins going to be in the rich list. The Dev's have not stopped staking minus one the entire time this has been a thing. With 125 coins I could see you hitting once a month assuming it doesn't shoot up in difficulty which it will based on the low difficulty to mine.
xxmetalmartyrxx

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 10:37:09 PM
Last edit: February 12, 2018, 02:15:32 AM by xxmetalmartyrxx

I see your sheet.  How many coins do you have staked?  I mined 125 coins to the main address, haven't split them up (per their instructions to have at least 100 in each address).  Do you think adding addresses with coin control is what makes the difference here?

I have received 1 payout of 25 coins after the first few days (when the staking scandal became more public and im assuming they put a hold on staking temporarily) and then nothing since.  There is really no wallet setup to fuck up here on the user end if youre just using the single address with no coin control, so im not sure what you're talking about.  The wallet is open on a machine that I leave on 24/7 (no sleep settings, etc) with the wallet always open, showing connections and active staking.  It's been like 2 weeks.  I am at 2 inputs with 2069 days right now.  

Minimum staking amount is 50 coins per input. You have next to no weight with 125 coins. I have enough coins going to be in the rich list. The Dev's have not stopped staking minus one the entire time this has been a thing. With 125 coins I could see you hitting once a month assuming it doesn't shoot up in difficulty which it will based on the low difficulty to mine.

>assuming it doesn't shoot up in difficulty which it will based on the low difficulty to mine.

Actually, mining difficulty doesn't affect how fast SGL is released, thus it won't epic the staking difficulty. The amount of SGL released is fixed regardless of how many or how few miners there are. Come on cdawall, this is basic stuff. I expect you to understand these kinds of things.
AlexE2E4

Activity: 16

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 01:23:47 AM

Thank You, Dev's.
Your team killed this project by your overstacking, as i say'd before.
... Miracle did not happen.
cdawall

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 02:27:35 AM

http://img.techpowerup.org/180212/capture073.jpg

Can you update the wallet so it does this Dev's? It would remove a lot of the questions. This is the QT wallet for honey coin.

>assuming it doesn't shoot up in difficulty which it will based on the low difficulty to mine.

Actually, mining difficulty doesn't affect how fast SGL is released, thus it won't epic the staking difficulty. The amount of SGL released is fixed regardless of how many or how few miners there are. Come on cdawall, this is basic stuff. I expect you to understand these kinds of things.

Most of the miners I assuming are holding the coins, because they are not worth as much. Constant transactions kill staking difficulty since the new coins cannot stake if they do not sit in a wallet. That was the reasoning behind my comment. It was a large assumption based on who I see mining and their comments however.
xxmetalmartyrxx

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 02:37:37 AM

Can you update the wallet so it does this Dev's? It would remove a lot of the questions. This is the QT wallet for honey coin.

Most of the miners I assuming are holding the coins, because they are not worth as much. Constant transactions kill staking difficulty since the new coins cannot stake if they do not sit in a wallet. That was the reasoning behind my comment. It was a large assumption based on who I see mining and their comments however.

So your argument is: because difficulty is low, miners will hodl and stake more? Lol oh boy. Just take the L on this one.
cdawall

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 04:02:43 AM

So your argument is: because difficulty is low, miners will hodl and stake more? Lol oh boy. Just take the L on this one.

Well I know I would not be selling the coin at 600 sats (it is actually lower than ETN, that is astounding). That is what market value is right now. Everyone holding means more coins, means higher PoS difficulty. Interestingly enough if you check PoS difficulty it has gone up, double actually from last week. I don't feel like the coin supply has doubled. However the volume has dropped and value has dropped. Seems like a quite simple assumption to make at this point. Even I have stepped back my large miners from this and only have 6-7KH/s mining towards it to grab some of the PoW low difficulty, but my other 23KH/s is elsewhere in a coin most have not heard of.
easyminingpool

Activity: 14

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 01:00:33 AM

New pool added
Code:
ccminer -a neoscrypt -o stratum+tcp://www.easyminingpool.org:4233 -u YOUR_WALLET_ADDRESS -p c=SGL
pause
0% mining pool fee for the next one month guaranteed
www.easyminingpool.org
benjy33
Legendary

Activity: 1339
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 01:15:17 AM

Thank You, Dev's.
Your team killed this project by your overstacking, as i say'd before.
... Miracle did not happen.

Wink yes coin dead
VAI0

Activity: 7
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 11:28:57 AM

Hello, Devs!
Don't you think, it's much better to clarify the situation with this coin? Community needs transperancy. May be so many statements about "dead coin" and "dishonest POS stacking"  without answers are not very good for SGL and its market growth? This project has so great idea, it would be very sad, if it will ruin because of marketing and communications issues...
    I know you work hard on SigilGo and need noney for development. So may be if you will listen to community and speak sometimes, it will be better for everybody? It may attract people, rise SGL on exchenge, so you will have more USD for SGL development (possibly without staking premine)))?
    Wish good luck and big future to this project!
ty48

Activity: 15

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 02:39:15 PM

People saying "Dead coin" are misinformed, and I recommend joining our slack to catch all of our active updates: https://join.slack.com/t/sigilplatform/shared_invite/enQtMjk2NzEyMDAyMjA4LTk0OThiOWEwZmRhZWVlMDlhNmZlNjIxZDJhY2I2ZWExZGYzNGM5OTFiNjhmN2M2YTM0MjA5MDEzNTIwYjgzMDM

We're very active in the Slack, but not as much on Bitcointalk.

• One of the big things we did over the weekend was bring aboard a new team member to help redesign the desktop mac, windows, and linux wallets. We all know that those facets of Sigil could use an upgrade.
  • Last night, I met with the team member who manages the Sigilmining.com mining pool. He wants to take on a bigger role on Sigil's back end and will help bring big improvements to Sigil's PoS system through upgrading the Sigil wallet code.
  • Yesterday, I met with our upcoming Community Director. This is a new position (and new team member) we will be adding who will be the spokesperson for the company.
     His role will be to make sure that updates are equally distributed throughout the Sigil forums (Slack, bitcointalk, reddit, etc.). This should be a big improvement because I'll admit that I haven't been the best at updating all of our forums equally (I love Slack!). He'll also will likely be working under a non-anonymous role, so you'll begin to get a glimpse into the team's identity behind Sigil.

Plans for this next week
  • Onboard and help settle the three new team members into their new positions
  • Plan and carry out (maybe carry out next week) aa marketing directive to hopefully help increase exchange volume for Sigil on https://stocks.exchange/trade/SGL/BTC
  • Increase awareness about where Sigil is traded
  • Finish up squashing little bugs and errors on Sigilplatform.com

We've got a great week ahead!
xxmetalmartyrxx

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 04:44:04 PM

Hello, Devs!
Don't you think, it's much better to clarify the situation with this coin? Community needs transperancy. May be so many statements about "dead coin" and "dishonest POS stacking"  without answers are not very good for SGL and its market growth? This project has so great idea, it would be very sad, if it will ruin because of marketing and communications issues...
    I know you work hard on SigilGo and need noney for development. So may be if you will listen to community and speak sometimes, it will be better for everybody? It may attract people, rise SGL on exchenge, so you will have more USD for SGL development (possibly without staking premine)))?
    Wish good luck and big future to this project!

See, and that's what I'm saying; if SGL goes up in value, the premine will be MORE then enough to cover any of the costs associated with development. Unfortunately, some of the devs continue to stake, and the only thing that it tells me is that A) They don't see SGL ever going anywhere or B) they're greedy, extremely greedy.
sommersut

Activity: 72

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 05:56:05 PM
Last edit: February 13, 2018, 09:04:48 PM by sommersut

Devs keep saying they will not stop staking because they need fund for platform development. Funny thing I have not seen any development in last month and they keep staking it. As mentioned before they will make changes on mining platform: raise mining fee from 0 to 2%. Staking was not enough to raise your funds? Joke.
And they keep staking. Once this coin reach 5000 sat they will drop their coins to raise fund and someone from slack will say "good, nice project, Devs need money for platform development"  Angry
Crypto world is the Wild West. They launch these projects with no plan, strategy or team. Have an idea and fork some sh**coin, pay for a nice website and design a roadmap on paintbrush, thats it!
richardkok

Activity: 5

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 09:16:13 AM

hey Dev(s), the official mining pool seems to be down again. getting various connection/auth issues and duplicate job submissions/etc/etc from this pool. whats happening guys?
ty48

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 04:39:02 PM

The mining pool is being fixed now. Remember, this week's focus is on onboarding new team members so that we have more hands on deck fixing these issues, and in a lot of cases, stopping them before they even happen!
ty48

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 06:58:26 PM

Launched our first ad campaign

https://twitter.com/sigilplatform/status/963847524531490816 and https://twitter.com/sigilplatform/status/963847138068320256

Both are running as Twitter ads — same caption with different pictures so we can A/B test them to see which photo is best to use. If they work well, we'll be ramping up the Twitter marketing campaign quite aggressively. Hopefully, we see an increase in trading volume as a result — maybe enough to secure a listing on Coinmarketcap.com!
ty48

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 01:42:12 AM

SIGIL TWEET https://twitter.com/sigilplatform/status/963948018494996480

$SGL is #2 on @StocksExchangeR! More volume than Ethereum and Litecoin — Big marketing campaign continues through the next week!

yume91

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 03:40:08 AM

Dev has not been online a few days
What happened ?

Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  

Jump to: