Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 06:14:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What's the worst trading decision you've ever made?  (Read 1375 times)
maianh09

Activity: 672
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 02:44:03 PM

We always hear people posting about their awesome trades and/or gains but very rarely hear about the stupid things that people do. With that in mind, let's hear the biggest brainfarts you've had while trading crypto...
My most erroneous decision is to sell GVT when it costs $ 2.4 and now the GVT price ~ $ 32 I've lost a huge amount: 149 GVT * 32 = $ 4768
This is a terrible thing and this is also the wrong decision I made  Cry Cry Cry Cry

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
biboy

Activity: 406
Merit: 110

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 03:59:29 PM

We always hear people posting about their awesome trades and/or gains but very rarely hear about the stupid things that people do. With that in mind, let's hear the biggest brainfarts you've had while trading crypto...
My most erroneous decision is to sell GVT when it costs $ 2.4 and now the GVT price ~ $ 32 I've lost a huge amount: 149 GVT * 32 = $ 4768
This is a terrible thing and this is also the wrong decision I made  Cry Cry Cry Cry
Sorry to hear that though I've been to that as well, when I am saving my bitcoin in my wallet and withdraw it after the price became $10k then, suddenly the price goes up to a $20k in just a short period of time, that was my worst nightmare so far that I did not listen to the prediction and advice of other people.
Fayefot

Activity: 128
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 04:07:51 PM

This reminds me of how stupid I am that I even sell a very good and has a lot of potential coin that I have. I sold half of my hodlings and buy a coin that is by that time mooning then one day the dev of that coin ran away. So disappointed and discouraging. But because of that I learned 1 thing just HODL.:-)

gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 04:20:15 PM

Most replies here would probably have happened during their early trading days because that's when the biggest mistakes are made. Lack of experience usually plays a big part in this. Personally, it was also during my early trading days that i lost a lot of btcs. Good things it wasn't even close to its current value today or i'll totally go crazy
 It's more on letting my emotions and anxiousness getting the better of me when making decisions that's causing losses

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
Jombitt

Activity: 294

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 04:33:19 PM

I always had a bad decision in trading, since i prefer a short time trading in altcoin cryptos than for a long term one. I always buy a coin that comes from a big dump, when it started to dump again like 20% downfall, i decided to cut my loss to avoid big loss. Then after 5 days that coins pump so hard -.- . I always make a bad decision

reganvegan (OP)

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 11:09:32 PM

I always had a bad decision in trading, since i prefer a short time trading in altcoin cryptos than for a long term one. I always buy a coin that comes from a big dump, when it started to dump again like 20% downfall, i decided to cut my loss to avoid big loss. Then after 5 days that coins pump so hard -.- . I always make a bad decision

Maybe you should just get your hodl on?
reganvegan (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 11:28:58 PM

Most replies here would probably have happened during their early trading days because that's when the biggest mistakes are made. Lack of experience usually plays a big part in this. Personally, it was also during my early trading days that i lost a lot of btcs. Good things it wasn't even close to its current value today or i'll totally go crazy
 It's more on letting my emotions and anxiousness getting the better of me when making decisions that's causing losses

Totally agree. I remember all too well the sick feeling in the pit of my stomach when an investment dropped! But I've found that the more I've traded, the more I've gotten used to it...
reganvegan (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 11:39:00 PM

Bought BCH coin during the pump and dump. Converted my BTC to BCH during high price and suddenly the price fell and lot a of 100s. Since B2X fork was called off many people started acclaiming BCH would overtake BTC and BTC is going to die and blah blah. Never listen to such moron. Do your own research and  go by your gut feeling. Since I was a noobie back then I have leanrt how the market works now.

I've heard of a lot of people who did that: bought BCH when it was high and BTC was low and lost stacks...
reganvegan (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 11:50:37 PM

Of course, not having enough patience to hold and just dumping it when there's a FUD and pushing the sell button right away. That's one of the rookie mistakes I made back then.

And then buying at the top price and being trap and can't get out because you will be taking a lost. But just like anyone here, we went all this stages but the most important thing is you learn from this stupid mistakes and never do it again. Hard price though to pay.  Wink

I totally agree. One thing I've been thinking about a bit lately, though: if no one bought a coin at its ATH, it would never go anywhere. I'm not sure that buying at the ATH is always the wrong move if you truly believe in the project and predict big gains in the long term. I've waited for a pullback  that never came before  Smiley
rainmaximo

Activity: 175

E-Commerce For Blockchain Era

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 11:58:03 PM

I think one of my worst trading decision that Ive been made is to sell all my tokens (my first tokens that ive recieved), yes I sell it in a nice price but after I sell it the price is boom up or it increased double, so lesson learned I should be patiently waiting and believed to the team, and do not sell it if you fill excited because you cant think right. Right now I can say what mistake that ive done before is the lesson for me or I will not do it again anymore.

▬▬▬[Storweey ]▬▬▬
  █████  E-Commerce For Blockchain Era ███████
▬▬▬● Telegram   ★★   whitepaper  ★FacebookTwitter  ●▬▬▬
reganvegan (OP)

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 12:04:10 AM

My worst decision was to sell bitcoin contracts in panic when it went down 3000 in a single day. i thought it could liquidate but it was too far from liquidation point.

3k in a day is hectic. What did you buy/sell at?
angaper

Activity: 966
Merit: 507

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 12:17:09 AM

I have done things that apparently could seem stupid, but in reality I only acted according to the information I had available, without knowing what the future would bring for bitcoin. Perhaps due to my training as a Forex trader, I always thought that the behavior of the bitcoin market would be similar to that of traditional markets, so when I saw that the price of bitcoin reached its historic high of around $1,300 last year, I made the decision to sell a large part of my coins, thinking that soon would come a great correction to buy back ... and to this day I'm still waiting.
mornabo

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 12:19:00 AM

This is a terrible thing and this is also the wrong decision I made  Cry Cry Cry Cry
sometimes selling early is a bad thing because maybe the potential of that coin is high in the next few days, but sometimes selling early is also a good thing, a few days ago had bought Ignis at an expensive price. I hold it longer the price is going down, Sad I lost more than $150, that's the worst thing I did in this week, have to cutlose to minimize bigger losses
cybersofts
Copper Member

Activity: 658
Merit: 284

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 12:34:33 AM

Never put all your money or depend on one coin. there was a time I invested all my money into a coin that turns out to be a disaster for me. Always invest in 3-5 coins minimum that is what recommend in order to stay on top of the game.  
reganvegan (OP)

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 12:36:23 AM

Never put all your money or depend on one coin. there was a time Invested all my money into a coin that turns out to be a disaster for me. Always invest in 3-5 coins minimum that is what recommend in order to stay on top of your game. 

Sage advice. Do you mind me asking what the coin was? Also, do you think you can be invested in too many coins? I used to have 12 but it got a bit much to keep track of!
babygun

Activity: 2100
Merit: 254

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2018, 12:39:40 AM

One of my worst decisions was to sell all my BCH at 300$ (mainly because everything said to dump it while you can lol). Wish I waited a little longer to sell it...

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
reganvegan (OP)

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 12:47:57 AM

I would be one among the top idiots to loose a trade on the spot. It was during the beginning days of my trading journey when I didn't even what trading actually was. Yes I traded despite knowing about it. That was the first mistake I did. I should have learnt what trading is and then started it.
Another mistake was taking part in pump and dumps through telegram channels. Let's be honest, every trader would have been in a pump and dump at some point of time. For me it was during my initial stage of trading. Selling in loss was the biggest mistake I did. And the funny thing is I repeated the same mistake again and again. I lost almost 75% of my initial investment during those days and then I took a break from trading.

My mate takes part in pump-n-dumps through Telegram channels. He reckons he spins a profit. Why did it go wrong for you?
orions.belt19

Activity: 686
Merit: 146

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 12:50:59 AM

Bought BCH coin during the pump and dump. Converted my BTC to BCH during high price and suddenly the price fell and lot a of 100s. Since B2X fork was called off many people started acclaiming BCH would overtake BTC and BTC is going to die and blah blah. Never listen to such moron. Do your own research and  go by your gut feeling. Since I was a noobie back then I have leanrt how the market works now.

There were a lot that were affected by the BCH pump and dump, and noobs who lost a lot of money because they fell for the FUDs. Although there were those who were smart enough to ride the pump and dump and were able to profit, there were those who got lost because they simply followed the trend.

In fact, there are really a lot who fall for FUDs, especially if they're new in the trading scene. It's still best to determine for yourself instead relying on what you hear and what other people say. Never believe in everything you hear instantly.
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 01:21:34 AM

I have made a few stupid decisions in regards to trading. The first is that I tried to do arbitrage trading between 2 exchanges, where I bought a shitcoin on one exchange, to sell it at the other, but when I was about to deposit the coin in the exchange I was plan to sell it at, the wallet was under maintenance, lolz. If I did the effort to check first if everything was all right, I would have seen the maintenance warning. Second mistake is that I bought a certain altcoin, and quite a few of them it were, while I was looking to execute a sell order. It shows that it isn't a good thing to trade when you're half asleep.... All these are 2015'ish mistakes.
miyong

Activity: 420

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 01:43:22 AM

Selling all of my alts when it is at the lowest price because I am afraid  that I may lost everything that I have. That is the worst thing that I made during my early days in trading.

MyCryptoBank  ――  Legal and Reliable Crypto Bank
Whitepaper  ――  CRYPTOBANK FOR CRYPTOCOMMUNITY  ――  Announce
―― Medium ―― YouTube ―― LinkedIn ―― Telegram ―― Facebook ―― Twitter ――
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: