Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 02:39:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What's the worst trading decision you've ever made?  (Read 1376 times)
ipanks

Activity: 1610
Merit: 507

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 06:41:57 AM

We always hear people posting about their awesome trades and/or gains but very rarely hear about the stupid things that people do. With that in mind, let's hear the biggest brainfarts you've had while trading crypto...
When I first stepped into this market I encountered many failures, but the most painful failure of me when trading was that I lost 98% of my property in one night, and also because of lack Puzzled experience that was FOMO. I invest in BCC when its price is at $ 363 but I do not sell gas it is declining value and currently it only costs $ 3. That is my lesson as well as my biggest stumble.

I guess many of us have the same experience like you and I remember that I made a mistake like what you did and in that time, I often to be panic when I see the price is down. but after reading some guide on many websites, now I am not panic and only wait or buy the coin again if the price is down. in the past, I feel difficult to control my emotion and sometimes makes a fast decision without thinking if I only get lose or not but now, fortunately, I can manage it with good.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
PrinceCaspian

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 08:12:22 AM

The worst decision in trading that i have ever made is selling most of the cryptocurrencies that i hold in this kind of scenario. I am talking about the massive correction and dumps of the market that made me shake my hands and just sell my cryptocurrencies but this time, i know that i just need to hold and keep my faith on my cryptocurrency holdings.

▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄
   ▄████████████████████████▄████████████████████████████████████▀▀███▄
  █████████▀        ▀███████████████▀         ▀████   ██████   ██████▀██     ███████████▄    ██████████   ███████████▄
 █████████    ▄▄▄▄    █████████████▀   ▄▄▄▄▄   ▀███    █████   ██████████    ███▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀████
██████████   ██████   █████████████   ███████   ███     ████   ███████████   ███       ███   ███          ███       ███
██████████   ▀█████▄▄▄█████████████   ███████   ███      ███   ████████████            ███   ███          ███       ███
███████████▄    ▀▀█████████████████   ███████   ███   █   ██   ████████████            ███   ███  █████   ███      ▄███
██████████████▄▄    ▀██████████████   ███████   ███   ██   █   ████████████            ███   ███  ▀▀▀▀▀   ███    █████▀
██████████▀▀▀█████▄   █████████████   ███████   ███   ███      ████████████            ███   ███          ███     ███
██████████   ██████   █████████████   ███████   ███   ████     ███████████   ███       ███   ███          ███      ███
 █████████    ▀▀▀▀    █████████████▄   ▀▀▀▀▀   ▄███   █████    ██████████    ███▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀   ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███       ███
  █████████▄        ▄███████████████▄         ▄████   ██████   ██████▄██     ███████████▀    ██████████   ███        ███
   ▀████████████████████████▀████████████████████████████████████▄▄███▀
      ▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀

HIGH-SECURE PAYMENT ALGORITHM FOR E-COMMERCE
█████|     Telegram     |     Twitter     |     Medium     |     Youtube     |     Facebook     |█████

WHITEPAPER
ONEPAGER
ANN Thread

PRIVATE SALE...MARCH 10
PRE-SALE▬▬▬.MARCH 25
CROWDSALE.APRIL 11
reganvegan (OP)

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 07:16:39 AM

The worst decision in trading that i have ever made is selling most of the cryptocurrencies that i hold in this kind of scenario. I am talking about the massive correction and dumps of the market that made me shake my hands and just sell my cryptocurrencies but this time, i know that i just need to hold and keep my faith on my cryptocurrency holdings.

We learn from our mistakes. I did the same thing when I first started out - it's crazy to watch something you invested in go down by 30% in a day - but I have sticky hands now   Grin
semarmesem195

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 07:32:56 AM

The worst decision i made was one day when bitcoin prices were rising around $9000 and i happened to have the funds to buy and there was a willingness to buy. Finally i bought bitcoin for $9000 and the next day after i saw the market price how shocking it was to see the price drop to $7000. How disappointed i am with my impatience, maybe i'll get a little extra coins if i buy for $7000.
This is proof that patience is the key to success of a trader.

TRADE, EARN & OWN THE EXCHANGE           M o o n X           [    ●    JOIN ICO   -   S O O N    ●    ]
──────────     WHITEPAPER     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     LINKEDIN     TELEGRAM     CRUNCHBASE     ──────────
►   No Trading or ICO Listing Fees      ►   Superior to Nasdaq & LSE       ►   US$ 29M Raised in 2 Weeks!
Intellectual Romanticist

Activity: 283
Merit: 23

TEU - bitcoin for shipping ICO: 15/Mar - 12/Apr

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2018, 11:34:21 PM

I just recently started trading so I cannot really contribute to this thread.

Oh wait. I was trading at EtherDelta I accidentally interchanged the number of tokens and the price/eth so i ended up getting fucked.

Intellectual Romanticist
Intelligence Wisdom Courage Honor Integrity Consistency Strength Perseverance Romance
Abe Token | Ethereum Limited | Citereum | Bitcoin One | ExpressCoin
kotajikikox

Activity: 2394
Merit: 210

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 11:55:29 PM
Last edit: February 09, 2018, 12:10:46 AM by kotajikikox

if i remember my mistake in my trading job i smile quitely lol  Grin
at time i buy coins and i tell to myself this is it this coins makes me happy before the end of this day surely i got upto 50 percent interest but sad to say i can't reach  my target its because i heard fake news thats coins goes dump on that day i sell it in every lower price. the worst scenario do not panic and make your own decision don't not listen to the people make sure research you own if the news are true.

drachman

Activity: 756
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 03:24:38 AM

We always hear people posting about their awesome trades and/or gains but very rarely hear about the stupid things that people do. With that in mind, let's hear the biggest brainfarts you've had while trading crypto...
My biggest mistake yet was when I invested in an ico, the price went down and I kept holding my coins, I believed in the project but I was afraid to invest more in it since the price went below the ico levels, now some months after, the coin is back at ico levels, if I had invested back then I could be in profits already instead of barely making any money.
DRVX

Activity: 966
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 06:12:02 AM

Of course, not having enough patience to hold and just dumping it when there's a FUD and pushing the sell button right away. That's one of the rookie mistakes I made back then.

And then buying at the top price and being trap and can't get out because you will be taking a lost. But just like anyone here, we went all this stages but the most important thing is you learn from this stupid mistakes and never do it again. Hard price though to pay.  Wink

My worst decision in trading was also connected with selling of all alts I had when they started to fall. Then the pump followed and I understood my mistake.
AtlantaFive

Activity: 594
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 11:38:37 PM

My biggest mistake yet was when I invested in an ico, the price went down and I kept holding my coins, I believed in the project but I was afraid to invest more in it since the price went below the ico levels, now some months after, the coin is back at ico levels, if I had invested back then I could be in profits already instead of barely making any money.

Sometimes i feel the same too. When some of my ico coins that i bought suddenly deep. There is always a feeling that i need to buy more because it's too cheap but i'm also afraid that it will not increase in it's price. Now, when i believe in the project i will buy more at low price. We can't win or profit if we are afraid that our money will be gone.

reganvegan (OP)

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 07:04:56 AM

Sometimes i feel the same too. When some of my ico coins that i bought suddenly deep. There is always a feeling that i need to buy more because it's too cheap but i'm also afraid that it will not increase in it's price. Now, when i believe in the project i will buy more at low price. We can't win or profit if we are afraid that our money will be gone.

I totally agree and if I believe in a project (and have funds), I buy the dip! It can be a hard thing to do but if it's a decent project, you have to believe it'll bounce back, I reckon.
reganvegan (OP)

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 07:06:25 AM

Of course, not having enough patience to hold and just dumping it when there's a FUD and pushing the sell button right away. That's one of the rookie mistakes I made back then.

And then buying at the top price and being trap and can't get out because you will be taking a lost. But just like anyone here, we went all this stages but the most important thing is you learn from this stupid mistakes and never do it again. Hard price though to pay.  Wink

My worst decision in trading was also connected with selling of all alts I had when they started to fall. Then the pump followed and I understood my mistake.

Was this during the latest crash or was it at an earlier crash? I reckon the only thing we can do in this sort of situation is to learn from our mistakes...
qiman

Activity: 1036
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2018, 07:47:21 AM

I think the worst ever decision I made is in the recent bull run where I did not liquidate my coins to turn over a small profit and then rebuy on the dip. I made a big blunder there and my portfolio is at the current time 70% less big than it's all time high which it reached in early January., Now it is very hard for me to get back to those past levels and I really regret this as I could have completed our house repairs and bought a car which I need for my family as I only have an electric bike for myself and my wife does not drive sigh. I missed this big chance and hope next time I do much better.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▄██P'                  `Y██▄
███'                      `███
███'                         ███
▄██'   ▄█████▄▄  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄p   ███
▄██▀  ,████▀P▀███.`██████████P   ▀██▄
███[ ,████ __. ███.   ,▄████▀    ███
███[ ]████████████[  ▄████▀       ███
███[ `████   ,oo2 ▄████▀'       ,███
▀██▄  `████▄▄█████d███████████   ▄██▀
▀██.   `▀▀▀▀▀▀"  Y▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ,██▀
███.                        ,███
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀███▄_                 ,███▀
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

EZ365 is a digital ecosystem that combines
the best aspects of online gaming, cryptocurrency
trading
and blockchain education. ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

..WHITEPAPER..    ..INVESTOR PITCH..

.Telegram     Twitter   Facebook

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
                     ****M██████m.~███f~~__mW█
          ██▀▀▀████████=  Y██▀▀██W ,gm███████
      g█████▄▄▄██   █A~`_WW Y█  ██!,████████
   g▀▀▀███   ████▀▀`_m████i!████P W███  ██
 _███▄▄▄██▀▀▀███Af`_m███   █W ███A ]███  ██
__ ~~~▀▀▀▀▄▄▄█*f_m██████   ██i!██!i███████
Y█████▄▄▄▄__. i██▀▀▀██████████ █!,██████
 8█  █▀▀█████.!██   ██████████i! █████
 '█  █  █   █W M█▄▄▄██████   ██ !██
  !███▄▄█   ██i'██████████   ██
   Y███████████.]██████████████
   █   ███████b ███   ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
 _▄▄█████████▀▀~`,▄████████████▄▄▄
 ~▀▀████▀▀~`,_▄▄███████████████▀▀▀
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
   ]█! m▄▄ '~▀▀▀████▀▀~~ ,_▄▄
  ,W█. *████▄▄__ '  __▄▄█████
  !██P  █████████████████████
   W█. - ██████████████████▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
vv181
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 08:29:51 AM

Buying SIACO around at 19 satoshis in the late of 2016 and sell it for a quick profit. As far as I can remember I throw away my money about 500/600 USD. Imagine if I still keep it and sell it in the recent all-time-high.
CryptoBalds

Activity: 90

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 05:57:52 AM

trading and investing without thinking which leads  me lose  and that is the worst moment in my life because of one wrong decision but that's a lessoned learned from myself that I will apply in my whole life.

▰   SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   ▰
■▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬■
Github   -   Discord   -   Twitter   -   Telegram   -   Get Free Airdrop Now!
reganvegan (OP)

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 06:13:21 AM

When I first stepped into this market I encountered many failures, but the most painful failure of me when trading was that I lost 98% of my property in one night, and also because of lack Puzzled experience that was FOMO. I invest in BCC when its price is at $ 363 but I do not sell gas it is declining value and currently it only costs $ 3. That is my lesson as well as my biggest stumble.

Ouch! Hopefully, we've seen the last of scams like Bitconnect but somehow I doubt it  Sad
metenjean

Activity: 854
Merit: 140

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 06:37:54 AM

Worst trading decision i've ever made was overtrading and getting into a trade without even thinking about an exit plan. I think both of them is the most fatal decision hence when you overtrading you risk losing your capital and also your cash money which you never consider to be included in a trade before and when you're trading without and exit plan and the price started to dropped, you will have to overcome emotion trading which to decide whether to hold or to cut your losses, and its all because you dont have any plan to exit in the first time  Grin Grin
Duogembrot

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 06:42:37 AM

the bad experience I ever did was when I sold the coin at that price was only about 20 satoshi and now the price goes up to 1000 satoshi I just see it can not enjoy profit because I have been in a hurry to sell it.
kolega

Activity: 294
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 07:08:40 AM

When I started trading, I made a lot of mistakes. The biggest one is when I bought all my money bitcoins at a high price. And when the price started to fall, I panicked and sold all the bitcoins at a low price. Moreover, I did it several times.
Only after losing more than half of my capital did I realize that I was doing everything wrong.
Wolfwar

Activity: 630

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 09:14:38 AM

When I started trading, I made a lot of mistakes. The biggest one is when I bought all my money bitcoins at a high price. And when the price started to fall, I panicked and sold all the bitcoins at a low price. Moreover, I did it several times.
Only after losing more than half of my capital did I realize that I was doing everything wrong.
And from such mistakes nobody is insured. I also made almost the same mistakes and it is possible that I will continue to do so. But I try to learn from my mistakes.
desi92

Activity: 210
Merit: 106

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 09:42:02 AM

I am a new also in trading because i still learning. Learning from mistake is the best thing to do as new trader.
My biggest mistake is when i trade all in one, so when the price down i could not buy back and recover my loss. I will never do it again.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: