Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:09:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What's the worst trading decision you've ever made?  (Read 1376 times)
phucngungoc

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 02:06:19 PM

I did this mistake in a few trade and now i decide to do long term trading because look promising higher profit than short trading. Now i will focus to trade base on fundamental analysis and doing long term trading. The worst thing I ever did was sell my bitcoin at a very cheap price, I had a huge loss. At that time I experienced a sell panic because the price of bitcoin decreased drastically

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Manchumichael

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 02:59:01 PM

We always hear people posting about their awesome trades and/or gains but very rarely hear about the stupid things that people do. With that in mind, let's hear the biggest brainfarts you've had while trading crypto...

The worst decision about trading I ever did was I bought a coin when the price went down but it turns out the coin prices continue to fall and now I can only hold it and wait for the price back up because I do not want to lose. by selling it cheaply

I think this is not your worst decssion. you bought the coin when that coin price went down that means bit early you bought that coins that's it. don't worry if the price recovers then you will get your investment back with profit. suppose if you bought coin when the price was high then you can consider that as your worst decision.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 03:04:41 PM

All of my trading decisions have been appalling. I genuinely can't think of a single one that succeeded. It's always too early and then there's a pump, or it's too late and it dwindles to nothing.

I learnt long ago that I don't have the psychological equipment to make a success of it. If more people could admit that to themselves they'd be considerably better off. Hardly anyone has what it takes to be a long term success at it.
gaurav@zup

Activity: 38
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 03:11:26 PM

Worst of the worst decision was to buy Giga watt token ( WTT ) at $ 1.5 just to flip trade but it haven't moved since then ... lucky i sold it at break even point and by then it has dropped to $ 1. ( Golden advise : never ever trade ashit coin even to earn short term gains )
mai2mai

Activity: 350
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 03:40:51 PM

All of my trading decisions have been appalling. I genuinely can't think of a single one that succeeded. It's always too early and then there's a pump, or it's too late and it dwindles to nothing.

I learnt long ago that I don't have the psychological equipment to make a success of it. If more people could admit that to themselves they'd be considerably better off. Hardly anyone has what it takes to be a long term success at it.

But you make profit, don't you?

I normally trade for 10-20% of profit and don't care if the coin goes up after I decided to sell it. But I've also made bad decisions) At the very beginning, when I came to the market I've been trading with 'signals' (yeah, stupid, I know Smiley And I will always remember how I bought Bela and GUP at their highs...I was holding for more than 6 months...but then I've lost patience and sold them with losses...it was just 2 days before they were pumped))) the lesson is: If you hold, hold till the end)))) Anyway I was a day trader at that time, so I've made my money back in a week, but that pump still hurts  Grin
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 03:55:26 PM

But you make profit, don't you?

By trading? Hell no. Only buying and holding.

The stuff I've 'traded' has mainly been forks so it was free money and largely meaningless. If I'd laid out real money then I would've lost large amounts of it no doubt. I always seemed to get rid of the forks a few moments before they soared.

The few alts I've bought in recent times thinking I was a hero are still miles underwater which is quite an achievement.
Wicked17

Activity: 476
Merit: 107

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 04:07:00 PM

We always hear people posting about their awesome trades and/or gains but very rarely hear about the stupid things that people do. With that in mind, let's hear the biggest brainfarts you've had while trading crypto...

Worst thing that i do in trading is when i buy a thousand of digibyte coins at 400 satoshi each, after nearly a week i didnt see any movement but always going down until i lost 30% of my total value of coins, then i decided to cut my lost. After another week it pump around 1000 satoshi each. Sad if i just hold on Sad

Crypto maker

Activity: 124
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 04:13:49 PM

When I was made a decision to buy some bcc coin by $25 per coin that was my first worst decision in trading carrier .
butcherme

Activity: 368
Merit: 18

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 04:16:59 PM

I have bought MNX because FOMO and was able to buy during the peak, and it went down three times and never went more than it's ATH since then. Now, I have no choice but to hold and park them for almost two years just to recover my losses. I don't want to sell them just to recover some of my money.
clarkt

Activity: 658
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 04:25:51 PM

The worst trading   decision I made every now and then is the ability to determine the right price for me to exit my trading position.  I must confess the hardest part of trading for me is the ability to determine the right valuation for my holdings.

allohha

Activity: 672
Merit: 176

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 06:28:52 PM

The worst trading   decision I made every now and then is the ability to determine the right price for me to exit my trading position.  I must confess the hardest part of trading for me is the ability to determine the right valuation for my holdings.
every time the stock market jumps up, and then down, it becomes more difficult to do an analysis to show the real situation.
Apaxy

Activity: 512
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2018, 09:29:42 PM

every time the stock market jumps up, and then down, it becomes more difficult to do an analysis to show the real situation.
doing analysis has always been difficult, especially if you do not follow the market very closely. At least, only the community helps to properly navigate the market.
seizetehday5

Activity: 238

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 10:18:26 PM

Sold an asset for one tenth of what I was supposed to sell it for. Luckily the system in place didn't allow that and sold it to the next highest bidder, that was a relief once I found that out. Before that my heart was racing pretty quick Grin.

kamote291993

Activity: 140
Merit: 16

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 10:56:33 PM

Selling like literally selling a coin when you are in a profit , there are several coins which i used to trade to increase my amount of btc i make profit but the mistake i made was selling it immediately after reaching my goal , what i realised now is it's better to put stop loss rather than selling it away because you could easily make more profit or control your loss.

Fatunad

Activity: 2226
Merit: 347

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 11:03:23 PM

Its not actually a trade but somehow considered to be part of. Going back in the past on where i do have XRB (Raiblocks) which have been bought for a very very low price and then being sold out into few hundreds of satoshis wayback before and now the price had soared up high which i do end up on regretting because if i did able to hold it of for almost a year then i might be a millionaire as of now.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
appiivenkii

Activity: 270
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 12:36:16 AM

The worst decision about trading I ever did was I bought a coin when the price went down but it turns out the coin prices continue to fall and now I can only hold it and wait for the price back up because I do not want to lose. by selling it cheaply

I think this is not your worst decssion. you bought the coin when that coin price went down that means bit early you bought that coins that's it. don't worry if the price recovers then you will get your investment back with profit. suppose if you bought coin when the price was high then you can consider that as your worst decision.

It depends upon how much  % of his holding he  invested on that low coin..

And does that coin have any use-case or any future development and good team ??

Just if u had seen the price  low and invested then it might be an worst decision
Lannie25

Activity: 378

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 06:49:09 PM

The worst experienced that I have in trading is when I sell my bitcoins in lower price because of continuous decreases happening these past few days. I lost my money but it was a lesson learned in my life.
anjaydut

Activity: 140
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 07:48:11 PM

Regret always comes later.
a few weeks ago, about 3 weeks ago I bought altcoin.
and somehow I really want to invest all my money to the coin. after a few weeks I think the price of the coin will go up. but the reality is otherwise.
the coin plummets. and automatically all my money is forfeited! and it was the worst trade decision I ever did.
if you can advise, do not be too ambitious with this investment. because the risks you will face are enormous.
just take a little advantage, do not be greedy  Wink

ololajulo

Activity: 2226
Merit: 270

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 08:05:44 PM

Bought 1 Eth 2 years ago and sold it after the price went down by more than 10% then the next day the price immediately recovered. Eth was still cheap back then so it's not a big deal for me anymore and that experience helped me to be more disciplined every time the price goes down.
sometimes u will have to check the projects updates via social media to know if any news is coming up for the project. U should have understood not selling all your token at once. Place different  prices if possible

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
CHAIN JOES
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
|
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
📝
Haladay

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 09:28:40 PM

Its not actually a trade but somehow considered to be part of. Going back in the past on where i do have XRB (Raiblocks) which have been bought for a very very low price and then being sold out into few hundreds of satoshis wayback before and now the price had soared up high which i do end up on regretting because if i did able to hold it of for almost a year then i might be a millionaire as of now.

I could be an early adopter for the coins but I didn't buy them and I missed this thing some time ago. This is the worst one ever for me, I will never repeat the same mistake I wish.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: