Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 12:39:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What's the worst trading decision you've ever made?  (Read 1376 times)
UneducatedChild

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 08:58:23 AM

Selling when it wasn't the time, and I made this mistake many times before holding til the correct time.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Nomads_dream

Activity: 12

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2018, 09:08:11 AM

I started trading 2 days before this recent market collapse and I bought some coins, now they are twice cheaper. It's probably a mistake, but I am now learning what does HODL mean Grin
mininglegend1234

Activity: 154
Merit: 20

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 09:25:37 AM
Last edit: March 13, 2018, 02:26:34 PM by mininglegend1234

When I see to it that most of the time when everyone has the knowledge in trading, you keep in trusting him and give your ETH and Private Key to hold the wallet. I was being fooled already and it seems that the coins are in the wallet already.  It is a biggest decision that I've ever made and the biggest lesson that I've ever learned.
My experience is not on one but there are several coins which i used to trade to increase my amount of btc i make profit but the mistake i made was selling it immediately after reaching my goal , what i realised now is it's better to put stop loss rather than selling it away because you could easily make more profit or control your loss.
Mystika

Activity: 134
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 10:51:20 AM

My worst decision was to sell bitcoin contracts in panic when it went down 3000 in a single day. i thought it could liquidate but it was too far from liquidation point.
I also do that, when i was trading and i didn’t monitor, it was too low that i thought it will go up again, but the flow gets slower, it even stop so i have to hold my account until it gets high again. Now its is almost three months but still the market is sleeping so I have to wait.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
WORLDOPOLY ◈     ▐   FACEBOOKANN THREADTELEGRAM ┃ TWITTER ┃ INSTAGRAM           ▌    JOIN OUR ICO  26 Feb-21 Jun
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
cryptosunn

Activity: 7

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 10:58:07 AM

Once I hold a coin for months(XRP). It was declining day by day. At that time I needed to sell some coin to invest in one ICO. So I have decided to sell 75% of this coin(XRP). In about a week XRP went up like crazy :/
Granxis

Activity: 1400
Merit: 536

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 12:54:34 PM

My biggest mistake 3 years ago, I sold all Bitcoin investment, I think it was a psychological period. I knew Bitcoin early, but in 2015 I sold my entire investment with a momentary nervous breakdown. Then I started to buy crypto moneys again.

.Duelbits.
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
..DICE...
███████████████████████████████
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███                         ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
.MINES.
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
█████                ██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
█████                ██████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
.PLINKO.
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
NEARLY UP TO
.50%. REWARDS
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
coolws

Activity: 126
Merit: 20

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 04:27:08 PM

One of the worst trading decision is that I didn't follow my friends' advice. He told me that the end of 2017 the price of bitcoin would decrease, I didn't sell any of bitcoin because I think bitcoin would never reach $7k and full of greedy in my inner world. Unluckily, it happened as we see.

DIW ◈    DIWtoken.com    ▐   WHITEPAPERANN THREADTELEGRAM   ▌    SECURITY DECENTRALIZED
bit-freedom

Activity: 658
Merit: 256

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 04:49:39 PM

My worst trading decision is to underestimating the projects. I ever sold some coins early when there are 200 to 300% gains, but the coins went 2000%.
yvesp110

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 06:57:47 PM

Selling when it wasn't the time, and I made this mistake many times before holding til the correct time.
This is often advised here as well that don’t come in practical world until you don’t know the basic information and studies. There is big difference in theory and practical. But if you are equipped with handsome knowledge set, chances are there for your improvement. But if you are zero and you are much passionate to come here, results would be of like yours. Learn first and then practice them.
Yaunfitda

Activity: 2842
Merit: 575

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 06:59:16 PM

Worst decision is not believing that altcoins should someday reach new heights so I dump everything in June. 6 months forward specially in December almost all alts have been pumped hard so hard that almost all of them have reach all-time-highs. Sadly though I sold off everything and I should have made a lot of money during the December rush.

And then joining ICO, holds token which drop and I keep on holding and believing that it has the potential to increase overtime. However, its not the case because it has no value at all.

███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████
█████████████▀▀        ▀▀██████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀████
██████████▀     ▄▄██▄▄     ▀███
██████████      ██████      ███
██████████▄     ▀▀██▀▀     ▄███
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄              ▄████
█████████████▄▄        ▄▄██████
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
SSC NAPOLI
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER
|.ROLLBOTS.|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████▀████████▀████▄
██████▄▄▄█████▄▄█████████
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀█████▀▀█████████
▀█████████▄████████▄████▀
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ROLLBIT COIN
TRADE RLB NOW!
|...PLAY NOW...
darkr

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 10:19:19 AM

Exiting ETH at $300 thinking that was the peak, after buying in at $120.

To be fair, it was sitting at $300 for aaaaaaaages. Still, I reckon it's got a long way to go before we see ETH's peak...
Lol. No one could have even imagined last year, that Ether will even go further, but at some point anyway, the indicators started turning long and those who were smart enough as traders to see it, did and good thing it came in handy for the profit.

I have made trading decisions similar to this, but I have never regretted them, but sometimes as long as the trade is not hitting my stop loss or giving me some huge bearish signals, I really do not bother myself about it.

True, if you start to regret, you waste your time, which is the money as well. That is why I just remember about all mistakes that were made and go ahead.
bullet007

Activity: 64

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 10:44:40 AM

The worst decision was to contact this crypto market in general and start trading without proper educational training.
Hillthy

Activity: 229

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 11:58:28 AM

My bad decision was the impatience to buy bitcoin in January this year when the market was not flushed out like it is right now. When I witnessed a terrible growth of bitcoin in 2017. But I will continue to invest more bitcoin at this time. I will definitely hold it and keep waiting for the upward oscillation.
BobBct

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 01:23:55 PM

I think it would be i have to much greed in trading so i buy more when it's high hopping to it pumps but that's not likely in the market especially after the pump there will be a correction and because i am impatient i didn't wait for the correction to happen.
kolega

Activity: 294
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 01:25:58 PM

When I started trading, I tried to do it on 5 and 15 minute candlesticks on the chart.
Tried to catch the top and bottom, resulting in losses
sudnokpok

Activity: 406
Merit: 106

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 08:47:38 AM

The worst thing I ever did was sell my bitcoin at a very cheap price I had a huge loss. My mental and emotional level is an important part of taking every decision.
reganvegan (OP)

Activity: 52

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 06:48:50 AM

When I see to it that most of the time when everyone has the knowledge in trading, you keep in trusting him and give your ETH and Private Key to hold the wallet. I was being fooled already and it seems that the coins are in the wallet already.  It is a biggest decision that I've ever made and the biggest lesson that I've ever learned.

Oh, no! Was it someone you knew? Or someone you met through crypto that was only pretending to be your friend? That sucks, dude  Angry
reganvegan (OP)

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 06:50:46 AM

When I started trading, I tried to do it on 5 and 15 minute candlesticks on the chart.
Tried to catch the top and bottom, resulting in losses

Ah, we've all been there, dude - they say that trying to catch the bottom is like trying to catch a falling dagger. I never knew what that meant until I tried to do it myself lol
reganvegan (OP)

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 06:53:01 AM

The worst thing I ever did was sell my bitcoin at a very cheap price I had a huge loss. My mental and emotional level is an important part of taking every decision.

It's true - the ability to take emotion out of trading is paramount to being a successful trader. It's definitely easier said than done, though. Hell, even hodling can be hard when the market dives!
EugeneReigns

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

Express Gratitude With Merit

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 02:28:23 PM

The worst trading experience for me took place at the end of January when I bought Verge for almost 0,10$. Everything seemed to predict its growth: the news, the future events planned for this coin and the several days of price fall. But exactly after my purchase of Verge, the market started a huge correction that lasted the whole week. Verge's price dumped to 0,056$. After the correction, all the coins started to recover to their initial prices but Verge was moving to slow. Already then I decided to sell as soon as it reaches the price for which I bought it. But the Verge never reached this price. After reaching 0,08$/XVG, started a new wave of correction, and after that one, a set of other corrections, and the Verge was devastated.
Now its price is approximately 0,031$-0,036$, and it can't grow higher. That is my worst investment so far. The only good thing is that I stick to my strategy and don't invest too much in a single coin.
So, beware guys, don't put everything in one asset. Better slower movement but the right moving forward.

UCHAIN
The Next Generation Distributed Smart Network: Blockchain for the Sharing Economy
https://uchain.world/
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: