Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 05:18:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What's the worst trading decision you've ever made?  (Read 1376 times)
waywethe

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 02:30:58 PM

We always hear people posting about their awesome trades and/or gains but very rarely hear about the stupid things that people do. With that in mind, let's hear the biggest brainfarts you've had while trading crypto...
My most stupid decision was to sell XRP too early, when the price of XRP was 0.2. If I'm calm then I haved a lot of money
Kurokyy

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

LETS GO ADAB

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 05:41:18 PM

We always hear people posting about their awesome trades and/or gains but very rarely hear about the stupid things that people do. With that in mind, let's hear the biggest brainfarts you've had while trading crypto...

When i buy a big value of shitcoin, that was my worst decision i have ever made. At first the value was neutral, no major changes, but as the day goes by, the value keep on decreasing everytime that im checking. Good thing is i already cut my loss before the value of that shitcoin will totally be worthless.

futuret

Activity: 728
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 09:37:38 PM

The worst thing I ever did was sell my bitcoin at a very cheap price I had a huge loss. My mental and emotional level is an important part of taking every decision.

It's true - the ability to take emotion out of trading is paramount to being a successful trader. It's definitely easier said than done, though. Hell, even hodling can be hard when the market dives!
It is natural. Definitely if you have invested in bitcoins and there you are seeing the prices are cautiously decreasing for no reason. Your mind will absolutely be shaken and there will be ring bells in your mind for taking out your investment. Then this would be the best moment of decision for a trader whether to listen to your heart and become loser or listen to your mind and control over everything.
JFry83

Activity: 59
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 08:02:17 PM

My worst one? There are plenty Smiley I did not buy XRB at $0.64, was too worried about them scam exchanges. I did by into ELIX at $2 – maybe it's gonna explode eventually. Overall, I think that I (and you guys too) should buy more/earlier into the projects that you believe in. No use in being greedy, y'know? Smiley
gantez

Activity: 1736
Merit: 121

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 09:49:45 PM

[quote )

Of course, not having enough patience to hold and just dumping it when there's a FUD and pushing the sell button right away. That's one of the rookie mistakes I made back then.

I have witnessed this before, where you exit a trade wrongly and it starts to do the unexpected. For instance in my own case, l buoght and as soon as I made payment, price started to moon.
Amajaa

Activity: 392

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2018, 11:13:45 PM

Buying high selling low that the stupid thing i done on trading,, well as beginner before i always have fear on losing so i cant wait on pump then i was always worried when price is falling so i end up losing than gaining before but now i overcome it already,  and get more profit on trading than losing.
Sinecoin

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 03:08:58 AM

I bought litecoin at $49.5 several months ago and this was when bitcoin began its bull run up to 10k or a bit more.  I was certain that litecoin was going to catch up but it was taking a while to start rising.  Once it did start rising I felt like it was going to crash soon after it rose so i sold at $67.  Literally like 2 weeks later it hit $420 and i missed out on like 9x my money.  Im still mad to this day lol.

center]
         ▄▄▄█████████████████
    ▄▄████████████████████████     
 ▄█████████▀▀▀            ████▌     ███▄
▐█████▀▀                  ▐███▌     ████
▐████                     ▐████     ████
▐████       ▄▄█████████████████      ▀▀█
▐████     ▐███████████████████▌
 ████▌     ███████▀▀▀▀▀███████████▄▄▄
 ▐████      █████       ██████████████▌
  █████     ▀█████     █████▌  ▀▀█████
   █████     ▀█████   █████▀     █████
    █████     ▀█████▄█████▀     █████
     █████     ▀█████████▀     █████
      █████      ▀█████▀      █████
       █████▄      ▀▀▀      ▄█████
        ▀█████▄           ▄█████▀
          ▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
            ▀█████▄▄ ▄▄█████▀
              ▀███████████▀
                 ▀▀███▀▀
BookiePro▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   BookiePro.fun   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████████ █ █
  The World's Betting Exchange 
         ▄▄███▄███▄
        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ██▀ ▀█████████████
   ▄██ ███▄██████████████
  ████ ██████████████████
   ███ ███████        ███ █▄
▄█▄ ██ ███████   ████████ ▀▀█▄
▀██▄ ████         █████ ▀██▄
  ▀█▄▄ ████▀▀▀   ▀▀▀█████ ██ ▀█▀
    ▀█ ████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄█████ ███
       ███████   ████████ ████
       ██████████████▀███ ██▀
       █████████████▄ ▄██
        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ 
             ▀███▀████▀▀
   Bet with  ▆▆▆▆▆
▆▆▆▆▆ Play Money

Win Real Bitcoin 
|   5 BTC ▆▆▆▆▆
▆▆▆▆▆ Prize Pool

World Cup 2018 
  Download 
Now
[/center]
hsnjtdj

Activity: 106

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 03:50:14 AM

I remember once Bitcoin's rise was very crazy, and I sold half of it when it had just risen to 50%, but I don't think it's a shame. I can only say I made less.
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1718

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 04:01:58 AM

This topic is getting too full of the usual

I should have mined bitcoins with my CPU back in 2009
I shouldn't of sold my Bitcoins in 2011-2016
I should have bought GPUs to mine ETH in 2016.

I think my worst was trading stock options about 10 years ago when I was new to trading.

Trading stocks was pretty easy. However I got greedy and read up on Options.

Long story short it was really difficult. One reason being that unlike assets or Bitcoin they lose value every day even if the underlying doesn't move in price at all.

Was a good learning experience though.

jamids

Activity: 616
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2018, 04:58:40 AM

There are various trading decisions I made that made me regret doing it and I believe they all have the same weight.
1. Buying a coin because it is going up and not even checking the chart or checking what is the reason of the pump and I eventually end up being dumped.
2. Participating in a pump and dump.
3. Selling at a loss even though it is already at a support level because I am losing hope.
4. Panic buying and selling.
5. Following the recommendation of others what to buy and sell without doing my own research.
6. Not taking profit and eventually sold at a loss.
7. Being greedy.

Jombitt

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 05:45:42 AM

My worst trading is whe i sell some of my ethereum when it was only 10$ each Sad eventhough i make a profit because i only bought ethereum when it was only 5$ each. I still regret because i lost the opportunity to make a lot of money if i just hold it until its ATH or just now.

esjsr

Activity: 105

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 08:47:36 AM

At the beginning, I traded frequently every day. I lost a lot of money because I didn't know what was valuable. I missed a lot of valuable buying opportunities at a low price. Now I will understand this currency before I buy it. I decided that this helped me a lot. I made some money. Everyone made mistakes. The important thing is how you learn from mistakes. It is important to learn not to make mistakes!
erixter

Activity: 227

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 11:25:21 AM

My worst trading decision I've done is i sell my coin lower than the buy price because that time i'm afraid to lose all my money and the next day the price of the coin gain 150% up , that time i have no idea how to buy a good coin and no idea trading strategy, so far i learn from that mistake.

⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣     C O M B O     ⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣
A leading provider of scaling solutions for Web3 game developers
|      Twitter      |    Telegram    |     Discord     |     Medium     |      GitHub      |
waichi

Activity: 359

Reinventing Decentralised Finance on BSC

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 11:34:59 AM

I am just a beginner when it comes to trading. So no wonder I always do the stupid decision. One thing is I usually bought at so much higher price because of I listen to the wrong signal groups and thinking that I will earn, but end up losing more. I learn from that already. I will not rely now on my decision because someone tells me to do so. I will study first on my own.

███ TWITTER Udego Finance WHITEPAPER ███
███ ANN Reinventing Decentralised Finance on BSC FACEBOOK PAGE ███
███ TELEGRAM AMM MEDIUM ███
V-t.Ester

Activity: 532
Merit: 25

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 05:38:39 PM

My worst trading decision I've done is i sell my coin lower than the buy price because that time i'm afraid to lose all my money and the next day the price of the coin gain 150% up , that time i have no idea how to buy a good coin and no idea trading strategy, so far i learn from that mistake.
You made wrong decision! My situation is a bit similar.  I totaly missed the moment to sell my coin. Now it is twice lower then I've bought it. So, I decided to hodl it and to hope for the best. I don't want to sell it now. It's my first coin and I like it very much.
hatun

Activity: 167

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 07:06:02 PM

My worst decision was to sell bitcoin contracts in panic when it went down 3000 in a single day. i thought it could liquidate but it was too far from liquidation point.
I bought ETH and sold out of panic at a loss. Just after selling my ETH, I saw price of ETH is increasing significantly. After selling ETH, I purchased some altcoins that started losing it's price. Finally I got loser from both end. It was due to my impatience and nervousness.
logicgate

Activity: 994
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 09:18:43 PM

At the beginning, I traded frequently every day. I lost a lot of money because I didn't know what was valuable. I missed a lot of valuable buying opportunities at a low price. Now I will understand this currency before I buy it. I decided that this helped me a lot. I made some money. Everyone made mistakes. The important thing is how you learn from mistakes. It is important to learn not to make mistakes!
Trading is not a very easy profession, it becomes more difficult if you don’t have good knowledge of the asset. But mistakes are what gives us experience and help us in growing up. I appreciate your persistency and spirit of not giving up. Day trading is a whole different story in itself. It takes even more efforts than long term trading. But all you need to do is not sell out crypto coin if it keeps going down any particular day. Check the price out next day and go with bitcoin.
tailwate07

Activity: 368
Merit: 104

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 07:53:39 AM

My most stupid decision was to sell XRP too early, when the price of XRP was 0.2. If I'm calm then I haved a lot of money

At time when you are newbies and that you don’t have a good idea about the trading market, you do make certain mistakes which you later on realize that you made a wrong decision. In case you ever come across this kind of situation, then the only thing you need to do is that you need to learn from those mistakes and that you should try not to repeat the similar mistakes in the future to avoid more loss.
sudnokpok

Activity: 406
Merit: 106

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 08:43:08 AM

By not trading that was my biggest mistake I only gambled and thought trading is time consuming activity and takes lot of time to give me profit but i was wrong trading is more easier and profitable than gambling . I did stop trading so that I don't overdo and get losses
BitcoinCommodor

Activity: 504
Merit: 106

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 12:35:32 PM

I remember once Bitcoin's rise was very crazy, and I sold half of it when it had just risen to 50%, but I don't think it's a shame. I can only say I made less.
There comes certain occasion when you failed to make the right decision and that you end up making such kind of decision regarding which you later regret but even then it helps you in learning some good lesson as well. The only decision which I still regret was the selling of my crypto coins and that too at time when the market was falling down because of getting panicked and losing the control over my emotions.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: