Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 12:41:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will mining will ever stop ?  (Read 4815 times)
MasterMoon

Activity: 252
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 10:12:33 AM

It will take 100+ years to mine all BTC and ETH and there will be another coins that will show and they will start to mine again and again. As long as their coin has a very good potential in the future or which will be useful in our daily lives it will repeat always.
Acguy

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 10:21:35 AM

No it will never stop because there will be a incentive to it. And when all are mined the mining will be used to process transactions but by that time who knows what will happen to crypto.

▄██▄
         ▄██████▄
       ▄███▀  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀ ▄██▄ ▀███▄
   ▄███▀ ▄██▀▀██▄ ▀███▄
 ▄███▀ ▄██▀    ▀▀▀  ▀███▄
██████████████████████
 ▀███▄  ▄▄▄    ▄██▀ ▄███▀
   ▀███▄ ▀██▄▄██▀ ▄███▀
     ▀███▄ ▀██▀ ▄███▀
       ▀███▄  ▄███▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
███
███
  █
███
    █
█ 
█ 
█ 

███
  █
███
███
███
███
  █
███
    █
█ 
█ 
█ 

███
  █
███
███
           ▄██▄
         ▄██████▄
       ▄███▀  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀ ▄██▄ ▀███▄
   ▄███▀ ▄██▀▀██▄ ▀███▄
 ▄███▀ ▄██▀    ▀▀▀  ▀███▄
██████████████████████████
 ▀███▄  ▄▄▄    ▄██▀ ▄███▀
   ▀███▄ ▀██▄▄██▀ ▄███▀
     ▀███▄ ▀██▀ ▄███▀
       ▀███▄  ▄███▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
ANN Thread     WhitePaper
Facebook     Telegram     Twitter
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███
███
  █
███
    █
█ 
█ 
█ 

███
  █
███
███
tenebriscaelum

Activity: 462
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 10:28:00 AM

It will not because mining is the one that is responsible for the algorithms that is done during transactions of crypto. it is also responsible of making sure of the security of the transactions so as long as people are trading any kind of crypto currency then mining will not stop and it will just grow as demands in the crypto world grows.
Dedok

Activity: 196
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 10:40:50 AM

I do not think you should worry about this. Maybe your grandchildren, but definitely not you. Wink Wink Wink
snowbubble

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 10:44:53 AM

miners still will mine because transaction fees are going to miners and they process transactions , so dont worry , because now miners receive around 50 millions only from 1 coin and can earn much more in future.
dicaprio

Activity: 560
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 08:43:40 AM

I do not think that mining will ever stop, even when the last bitcoins are produced, POW will have to have miners in order to move transactions, so we need the miners, but of course it is not so great to exaggerate them. because they fulfill the role of transferring funds and that's all.
mariayaz

Activity: 294
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 08:47:06 AM

I dont think mining will ever stop because there always be new coins dumping and pumping plus if it supposed to stop BTC would have vanished long ago

✦✦✦✦✦  ☸ SECURE - FAST - FAIR ☸  ✦✦✦✦✦   (https://www.bitgame.com/?trackCode=BITCOINTALK)
Renu kapoor

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2018, 01:18:09 PM

No, mining is not stop able, it will be continue till the last coin produced, reason a miner gets transaction fee for every transaction and this is his profit without any new investment so why he stops mining, not only this, even mining can be increased in future also.

PTON PRE-SALE Live    █████████████     FORESTING     █████████████  PARTICIPATE NOW!
█████ next-generation social media service based on blockchain technology   ██████
 █ ██ █  ● Twitter ● Facebook ● Youtube ● Telegram [EN] ● Telegram [KOR] ● Medium  █ ██ █ 
prince05

Activity: 126
Merit: 21

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 01:21:39 PM

Mining will never stop. It is the proof of work the coin has, that is the reason also why coins are expensive because of the difficult algorithms that a computer / GPU processes. If ever all coins are mined computers are still used to complete a transaction in the blockchain, that is the reason if there is no coins to mine you are still paid through the transaction fees in the block chain.

█▀▀▀ A DECENTRALIZED BLOCKCHAIN-BASED PLATFORM  ▀▀▀█
 █───  Telegram  │  Facebook  │  Twitter  │  ANN  │  Bounty  ───
▰ ▰ ▰  Tokenize the referral economy and spread rewards to all participants   ▰ ▰ ▰
Raindez316

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 01:28:44 PM

Mining will never stop it's a complex  thing that the number of sequence is beyond imaginable. Also the the cryptocurrencies happens to reach the limit the cycle of demand and supply will. The prices of crypt will going to cycle of up and down.
Brito

Activity: 243

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 01:33:32 PM

In my opinion, in theory, mining must be over someday.
But anyway, it becomes an increasingly difficult and increasingly expensive business.
So I prefer to trade.

Bryan13

Activity: 127

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 01:55:15 PM

On my opinion, i think mining will not ever stop. Bitcoin is really hot now, unless if the bitcoin stop then the mining will stop too.
Alisa_Krab

Activity: 266

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 01:58:41 PM

I do not think that mining will ever stop. This is a difficult circuit of cryptocurrency
madgtr

Activity: 210

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 02:18:32 PM

I don't think so, there will always be another coin for people to mine.
sclmte

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 02:32:26 PM

I don't think so, there will always be another coin for people to mine.
Exactly, they buy those machines for the purpose that it can be used for a long time. Do miners take the risk of losing their money and open for a new chances that it might give them opportunity to generate more. In fact, the reason why people goes in mining is that, they  probably find themselves more comfortable in doing this.
mjnick01

Activity: 140

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 02:37:37 PM

What happens to the bitcoin network when the miners all stop, years in the future after all the bitcoins have been mined? How will the network continue to function? Won't bitcoins then be useless? What would be the incentive for an individual to continue using computational power to service all the transactions? Isn't this like a ticking time bomb or is there something I'm not getting?
Eleven86

Activity: 364

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 02:44:18 PM

What happens to the bitcoin network when the miners all stop, years in the future after all the bitcoins have been mined? How will the network continue to function? Won't bitcoins then be useless? What would be the incentive for an individual to continue using computational power to service all the transactions? Isn't this like a ticking time bomb or is there something I'm not getting?

As long as crypto currencies exist, mining is not going to be stopped. If bitcoin reaches its threshold, we have hundreds of altcoins. Will have lots of altcoins to mine and keep the crypto coins value keep creating and growing. In case, if something is invented competing mining system and found that its more beneficiary, lets then look at stopping mining. Lets just think of inventing new things instead of even questioning of stopping something.
awazieik

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2018, 02:46:17 PM

Hello people, i'm new in the crypto worlds , i have two questions please i need logic answers .

1 - will mining will ever stop Huh?

2 - what will happens when the cryptocurrency reaches it limits ( example : bitcoin 21M , ETH .... , and other curriencies ) ? will they win money after the currencies reaches its limits ?

thank you !

Minning will not stop because there are other coins that you can mine. Also when Bitcoin and Ethereum reach their cap, maybe they will be scarce but this does not mean that the world will end. There will be other coins

► HackenAI ◄ ♦ HackenAI - Personal Cybersecurity Application ♦ ► HackenAI ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Facebook|Twitter|Medium|Reddit|Telegram|Whitepaper
joshy23

Activity: 1078
Merit: 256

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 02:55:54 PM

As long as crypto currencies exist, mining is not going to be stopped. If bitcoin reaches its threshold, we have hundreds of altcoins. Will have lots of altcoins to mine and keep the crypto coins value keep creating and growing. In case, if something is invented competing mining system and found that its more beneficiary, lets then look at stopping mining. Lets just think of inventing new things instead of even questioning of stopping something.
that's the real concern, it will just happen if there's no things which been invented to replace mining or the entire crypto currency, if that the case
then mining can be stopped without any doubt, it will be replaced and will be taking over of the new invention that can be more profitable than what
we are getting out from this market, we know investors/traders always find new things to place their money and earn.
Trimegistus
Legendary

Activity: 1564
Merit: 1027

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 06:49:42 PM

that's the real concern, it will just happen if there's no things which been invented to replace mining or the entire crypto currency, if that the case
then mining can be stopped without any doubt, it will be replaced and will be taking over of the new invention that can be more profitable than what
we are getting out from this market, we know investors/traders always find new things to place their money and earn.

A better alternative to the Proof of Work mining was invented years ago; it's called Proof of Stake and it might be the answer to many of today's concerns surrounding BTC, namely the network power consumption.

ETH will change to PoS in the near future and that might trigger a new wave of altcoins to join the already successful PoS v3 implementation.

Mining might never stop but it will eventually be reduced to a minimum as people start to realize there are better solution for the consensus problem.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: