Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 03:55:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will mining will ever stop ?  (Read 4816 times)
Genosx

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 02:52:28 PM

for now mining will never stop because for now there are many miners around the world and they always mining for they to earn more bitcoin and other alt coins.
Mining is a part of investing in cryptocurrency because you need to buy a mining rig for you to start mining and to get a high profit. Mining is good for the one who mine because he or she can earn a lot of bitcoin while waiting.
CryptoAnnie

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 07:21:09 PM

Mining will continue till the time Bitcoin exist and BTC has an excellent future. Since Bitcoin is decentralized and mining is required for fast and easy transaction, mining will keep going to great extent.
kodtycoon
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 07:31:51 PM

It will not stop if it still gives a profit for it indeed and How our fate when mining stopped then we will be silent helpless cause who will process our transaction. Miners must still mine cause crypto is served altcoin ready for mine and altcoin probably will not live without bitcoin and miners must keep mining bitcoins.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███   

██████████

██████   

███████████

███████████████   

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
Hazaki

Activity: 406
Merit: 156

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 07:34:22 PM
Merited by God Fist (1)

Hello people, i'm new in the crypto worlds , i have two questions please i need logic answers .

1 - will mining will ever stop Huh?

2 - what will happens when the cryptocurrency reaches it limits ( example : bitcoin 21M , ETH .... , and other curriencies ) ? will they win money after the currencies reaches its limits ?

thank you !

Mining won't ever stop because some currencies have unlimited supply , and for those who has a limited one ,miners will still get to mine the transactions and thus get their rewards as fees .

But the real question that often crosses my mind :
 Will governments take measures at a certain time to hugely increase in electricity fees to the point that mining becomes a non profitable activity ? Will that actually push miners to step out if they can't provide some sort of renewable energy ressources to feed their mining farms the juice ?
Government will sooner or later realize that they can't penetrate the concept of the blockchain technologies in it's decentralization part , but will try to figure out another way to either make profit out of cryptocurrencies trading and mining , and i guess this is what they'll be using since electricity is the only vital point they'll have control over ..
Thriving to get some answers ..
Taskford

Activity: 2590
Merit: 800

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 07:35:31 PM

As long as there are cryptocurrencies that are POW then i don't think that the mining will stop because miners exist because of the profitability of the cryptocurrencies thhat they can mine and that is why miners are still here and they are continuously mining and it will just stop if the mining is not profitable anymore.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
DerekGT

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 07:36:27 PM

Mining is used to verify transactions. If mining stops verifying stops and coin system won't work.
That is how it's work. On the other hand it could stop, because we have other option for verifying the transactions called proof of stake or POS.
On a long run for a coin it's not the best option to use mining rigs with a big power consumption. It is not sustainable.
But these are just a guesses.
shnyrutti

Activity: 140

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 07:49:46 PM

Hello people, i'm new in the crypto worlds , i have two questions please i need logic answers .

2 - what will happens when the cryptocurrency reaches it limits ( example : bitcoin 21M , ETH .... , and other curriencies ) ? will they win money after the currencies reaches its limits ?

thank you !

Mining will not stop as every transaction will need a miner to do the job unless crypto is gone. If there is nominer then who will do the job of transaction if crypto is still alive.

sebastianpenguen

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 07:52:40 PM

As long as there are cryptocurrencies that are POW then i don't think that the mining will stop because miners exist because of the profitability of the cryptocurrencies thhat they can mine and that is why miners are still here and they are continuously mining and it will just stop if the mining is not profitable anymore.

Mining is consuming crazy amount of electricity nowadays and they are thinking of passing through the proof of stake system instead of hardware mining system. This means it will chance from pow to pos.
RoccoSiffredi

Activity: 134

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 08:13:40 PM

I believe mining will be substituted by more efficient and sustainable techniques like Proof of Stake or similar. Mining on a big scale is a total waste of resources, increases global warming. You already need the energy of three nuclear plants to fuel the Bitcoin network.

●  ROC2  ●   We have successfully delivered STAGE 1   ● ━━━━━━━━━━ ━━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
━ ━━ ━━━━ ━━━━━━  We now invite you to become part of PHASE2 expansion In Partnership With REDTUBE
● Telegram    ● Twitter    ● Facebook    ● Medium    [  ICO is L I V E !  ]   ━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
Quantumplation

Activity: 308

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 08:22:16 PM
Last edit: April 22, 2021, 12:48:51 AM by Quantumplation

NOTE: This message was originally not posted by me, but instead by someone who compromised my account.  I have deleted the content.

NOTE: This account was compromised from 2017 to 2021.  I'm in the process of deleting posts not made by me.
ycoin123

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 08:29:22 PM

thank you !

nope but if mining stops this will happen

If everybody stop mining i.e. zero hashpower in mining will result in the following:

Increased price for bitcoins as the fresh supply will be wiped off.
Transaction fee is paid by the sender to the miner, therefore no negative impact will be there on already mined blocks.
A lot of electricity will be saved.
ASICS (the specialized machines for Bitcoin Mining) like Antminer S9 will be shifted to mine other coins in SHA256 family like Litecoin.
Difficulty will be stable.
captaincomet

Activity: 420

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 08:31:50 PM

Even if production ceases on a specific coin, it will be possible to organize a new ICO or fork. Therefore, you should believe in the world of crypto-currency
itsonlikedonkeykong

Activity: 378

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 08:32:27 PM

Apparently, mining will stop for bitcoin once 21,000,000 are mined. Then, only existing BTC will trade? Plenty of other cryptos.
Exmo.

Activity: 35

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2018, 09:01:37 PM

Mental mining should pay with cryptos
luongdk

Activity: 686
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 09:02:42 PM

Will mining stop? I think it will be less popular then now because of creating  and prosperity of Proof-of-Stake technology. But at the same time it threatens the fact that cryptocurrency will be less centralised this way. So I think that the most productive will be technology that includes both of ways.
Greenkarki

Activity: 420
Merit: 19

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 09:04:05 PM

Apparently, mining will stop for bitcoin once 21,000,000 are mined. Then, only existing BTC will trade? Plenty of other cryptos.

We have plenty and tons of altcoins to mine and trade besides bitcoin. If in case something happens to bitcoin, ETH, Zcash and etc can be mined. I do see my friend trading 5 crypto currencies in Nicehash including bitcoin and ETH. He is getting a good turn over in everymonth besides teh elctricity bill. Few more surcharges occre now and then. So we have very many good coins to mine even if something happens to bitcoin.

phpartisanmaster

Activity: 350

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 09:08:50 PM

thank you !

Try to study how the block chain algorithm works and you will know how bitcoins is being produced. Mining will never stop as long as there is market and the production will never stop as long as there is transactions going on in the cryptocurrency world, its just a chain reaction and it will absolutely never stop.
integrap

Activity: 182

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 09:24:58 PM

thank you !

I dont believe that mining will stop because new coins are coming. And I believe that they will create super computers for mining. We will see many big companies will do that. But if new coins change the algorithms (they change even right now such as DPOS algorithm) we can see different forms.

BtcBling

Activity: 211

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 09:53:29 PM

thank you !

There are 21 Million coins and Bitcoin Miners can mine up to the year 2140 for the last coin. Unless there is no adjustment will be made to Bitcoin it will mark the end of Bitcoin mining. The miners are part of our block-chain technology and once the miners stop using their mining grid and their computers it will also stop sending nodes to the decentralized system. Now, miners will ask for a transaction fee for each transaction that uses Bitcoin for them to have a living.

Greenrace

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 11:26:08 PM

Coin mining becomes the choice of people who have a lot of money to earn a lot of coins in quick time and I do not think it will end up as profitable

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: