Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 04:51:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will mining will ever stop ?  (Read 4815 times)
iigor

Activity: 434
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 12:57:40 PM

I think mining will never stop as long as they are coins to be mined.
I believe mining should be private and will not be replaced by government. If it is replaced by government than will be easily manipulated.

Tosyn2

Activity: 566
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 01:33:36 PM

In as much there are coin and coin still exist, mining will continue and even if power supply will later be the reason for it to stop there are ico with concept of helping mining with new tech development.
the_dump1

Activity: 210
Merit: 24

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 01:45:51 PM

I think that in the next few years, mining may disappear due to the fact that it ceases to generate income. Now the role of mining is reduced significantly talked about this and the Creator of Ethereum, Vitalik Buterin.
xuv500

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 03:52:22 PM

Mining is nothing but the transactions approved by block chain technology. Few are confused about mining may stop when bitcoin reaches its highest level, but that is not true. Each every transaction in block chain is mining actually and if bitcoin or all the crypto currencies disappear then mining may stop but there is no chance for that for another 100 years at least.
Ziminator

Activity: 80

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 08:21:56 PM

While it is possible to do it at home on video cards, it will not stop. But probably, as with all the rest, it will eventually cease to be profitable because of the competition of corporations.

Trimegistus
Legendary

Activity: 1564
Merit: 1027

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 11:45:52 PM

The ecological footprint of the PoW networks is now unsustainable so I believe ASICS/GPU mining will eventually stop, may be sooner than we expect.

However, the mining process has to be replaced by something else because the transactions must be confirmed and the blocks must be generated.

BTC mining stopped being feasible for small domestics enthusiasts a couple years ago and is now almost entirely in the hands of a few corporations running huge mining farms. I'm sure that was not how Nakamoto envisioned it 10 years ago...

ETH, XRM and many other PoW can still be mined at home but more an more this is also turning to be an activity reserved for those with very cheap or free electricity. Again, if this is reserved for only a few than one of the basic tenets of crypto will be lost; decentralization.

On top of this, a growing number of malware schemes is taking advantage of Coinhive's script of other mechanisms to abuse naive users and lure them into mining for someone else.

IMHO, all the aforementioned aspects point out the need for a better solution. And I believe we already have it; Proof of Stake!

richan

Activity: 392

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 11:48:53 PM

Mining is not only for creation of the cryptocurrencies but also for the confirming of the trasanction in a block. Even if the limit is reached, mining will still goes on. Mining stopping is impossible.
Gunpaycity

Activity: 294

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 02:40:29 AM

looking for alt-coin by mining is very profitable and faster in getting it but the more alt-coin it gets I guess it will not stop people looking for alt-coin and the amount of alt-coin I think has no limit

●● Phoenex Global ●●
◆ Taking Cryptocurrency Exchange to a New Height ◆
Telegram  ◣Facebook  ◣Twitter  ◣Reddit
helga22richter

Activity: 112

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 03:44:44 PM

For example, for Bitcoin, there is no parallel devaluation. If anything, Bitcoins should become more valuable over time as the number of Bitcoins entering the system decreases. Not only is the total supply of Bitcoins capped at 21 million, but the flow of new Bitcoins into the market has also been tapering off. Roughly every four years, the number of Bitcoins awarded for mining a block is cut in half.
snipetr

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 03:54:49 PM

Bitcoin mining is a continuous activity. Bitcoin miners keep mining activity on going day and night. Bitcoin miners verify and secure each and every bitcoin transaction. In return they get transaction charges in the form of bitcoin. So whenever bitcoin transactions are there, miners will be there and so will mining activity. It’s a continuous process and will stop only when bitcoin stop.
Gameroid

Activity: 798
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:01:32 AM

Bitcoin mining is a continuous activity. Bitcoin miners keep mining activity on going day and night. Bitcoin miners verify and secure each and every bitcoin transaction. In return they get transaction charges in the form of bitcoin. So whenever bitcoin transactions are there, miners will be there and so will mining activity. It’s a continuous process and will stop only when bitcoin stop.
If fact mining can be divided here in two categories one is to create and increase the number of coin which can lost for some time and when all the coin will mine then it will stop mining the coins, but if we talk about transaction of coin then it will continue for ever and will never stop, because transaction of coins will always be there and it will never stop but will continue increasing as time pass.
JohnJacobA

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:21:28 AM

It would never stop, transaction fees will be the ones covering the expenses.
Boxxl

Activity: 800
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:29:39 AM

Maybe when there are better alternatives.. But for now there is no good alternative..

No Signature right now...
lautantepi

Activity: 98

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:35:47 AM

Mining will never stop because it is responsible for transactions and verification. Mining is the only way Bitcoin and Altcoin will maintain their network scalability and information accuracy. Mining will not be stopped because the Bitcoin network will die without miners.
Trimegistus
Legendary

Activity: 1564
Merit: 1027

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:04:20 AM

Mining will never stop because it is responsible for transactions and verification. Mining is the only way Bitcoin and Altcoin will maintain their network scalability and information accuracy. Mining will not be stopped because the Bitcoin network will die without miners.

You are putting together BTC and altcoins but that is extremely inaccurate because BTC is PoW mining and many altcoins are PoS minting.

You are right in the sense that there must always be a consensus mechanism to validate transactions and create blocks, but it doesn't have to be via PoW mining.

buhna

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:19:38 AM

It seems to me that mining may end for political reasons. If the state starts to regulate this sphere of activity, this will complicate the situation.

ajiejot

Activity: 392
Merit: 112

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:22:15 AM

Good question. For me, it will never stop because if it will stop no more people or miner will process our transaction, there are many transactions ever second. Blockhain is evolving everyday, you cannot stop mining because if it will happen, no more transaction will be processed.
wolf one

Activity: 133
Merit: 22

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:28:58 AM
Merited by rmyg5907 (6)

Mining will never stop and mining will continue as long as there is demand unless Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies die.
Acguy

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:29:42 AM

Mining will keep going as long as there's interest even if it's not profitable to mine.
Maybe something better comes along to replace crypto in the future.

▄██▄
         ▄██████▄
       ▄███▀  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀ ▄██▄ ▀███▄
   ▄███▀ ▄██▀▀██▄ ▀███▄
 ▄███▀ ▄██▀    ▀▀▀  ▀███▄
██████████████████████
 ▀███▄  ▄▄▄    ▄██▀ ▄███▀
   ▀███▄ ▀██▄▄██▀ ▄███▀
     ▀███▄ ▀██▀ ▄███▀
       ▀███▄  ▄███▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
███
███
  █
███
    █
█ 
█ 
█ 

███
  █
███
███
███
███
  █
███
    █
█ 
█ 
█ 

███
  █
███
███
           ▄██▄
         ▄██████▄
       ▄███▀  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀ ▄██▄ ▀███▄
   ▄███▀ ▄██▀▀██▄ ▀███▄
 ▄███▀ ▄██▀    ▀▀▀  ▀███▄
██████████████████████████
 ▀███▄  ▄▄▄    ▄██▀ ▄███▀
   ▀███▄ ▀██▄▄██▀ ▄███▀
     ▀███▄ ▀██▀ ▄███▀
       ▀███▄  ▄███▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
ANN Thread     WhitePaper
Facebook     Telegram     Twitter
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███
███
  █
███
    █
█ 
█ 
█ 

███
  █
███
███
tricky boy

Activity: 252

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 10:12:51 AM

Hello people, i'm new in the crypto worlds , i have two questions please i need logic answers .

1 - will mining will ever stop Huh?

2 - what will happens when the cryptocurrency reaches it limits ( example : bitcoin 21M , ETH .... , and other curriencies ) ? will they win money after the currencies reaches its limits ?

thank you !

I believe that mining will never stop...Because it's not a technology to go down...Mining should be private and will not be replaced by government...Mining will not be stopped because the Bitcoin network will die without miners.If the technology is to be shut down then all mining will be closed...Transaction must be stopped before mining is to be stopped...Everyone knows that do not stop the transaction now....
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: