Bitcoin Forum
June 08, 2024, 06:22:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will mining will ever stop ?  (Read 4815 times)
PAKYU

Activity: 400
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 09:56:54 AM

of course not. new coins mean new minings and people already don't mine enough.
_yoshi

Activity: 280
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 09:59:22 AM

I think actually in the enxt years we will reach the climax of mining. Actually there are so many miners. And they are even more ACIS and and asic producers. Its like a mining war. So many hashpower and so many electricity used for the cryptocurrency network. So it will not take to long untill the whole mining system will collapse. Because everyday its less profit with mining. And they are also new coins who all work with proof of stake which will replace the mining system!
MISERICORDAE PROJECT

Activity: 56
Merit: 3

ONNI COIN! The New Paradigm!

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2018, 10:04:44 AM

Hello people, i'm new in the crypto worlds , i have two questions please i need logic answers .

1 - will mining will ever stop Huh?

2 - what will happens when the cryptocurrency reaches it limits ( example : bitcoin 21M , ETH .... , and other curriencies ) ? will they win money after the currencies reaches its limits ?

thank you !

Answers

1. No
2. (i) Re-model and (ii) Trade/Swap

▰▰▰[ ONNI ]▰▰▰     ●●●Grüezi mitenand!●●●
Revolutionary Gold-Pegged SuperStable Price for Businesses
Bespoke HemiVolatile Price for Currency Traders
micheal34

Activity: 120
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 10:05:13 AM

No, it will not stop between coin will adopt POS which will aid mining business and even more profitable, it will attract more miners crypto business will boom as a whole.
Casalania

Activity: 491
Merit: 100

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 10:25:42 AM

I think its not, as long as there is an altcoin to be mine, mining will never stop. altcoins has a huge amount of supply and it will take a lifetime to mine all of them.

╓                                        SWG.io  ⁞ Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.14                                        ╖
║     〘 Available On Binance Square 〙•〘 ◊ ICOHOLDER ⁞ 4.45 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙     ║
╙           ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY  NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹           ╜
Elsonbol

Activity: 420

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 10:29:57 AM

I think production won't stop, people will prodozhat to earn from it, production is a part of investments into a kriptovalyutnost because you need to buy a mountain tower for start of production and receiving high profit.
Msile

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 05:40:51 PM

Unless Bitcoin stops using the proof of work algorithm and shifts to some other algorithm I don't think that mining is going to lose its influence. But with coins like Ethereum shifting towards proof of stake and leaving mining, it is certainly going to have a negative effect on the mining industry.
chocopapaya

Activity: 686
Merit: 131

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2018, 12:41:54 AM

Hello people, i'm new in the crypto worlds , i have two questions please i need logic answers .

2 - what will happens when the cryptocurrency reaches it limits ( example : bitcoin 21M , ETH .... , and other curriencies ) ? will they win money after the currencies reaches its limits ?

thank you !

In response to your questions:

1 - Theoretically, mining will stop once all of coins on a blockchain have been mined and blocks discovered.  For Bitcoin, that is going to be 21,000,000 btc.  (right now there are about 17 million that have been mined).  Even though it seems that there aren't that many more left to mine, it will still take 40 to 50 years, maybe longer because each time a block is created the algorhythms to solve become much more complex.  Even now, it takes super computers to hash it all out.  Also, even after all coins are mined, there will still be people operating nodes.  so realistically speaking, maybe we won't ever see a situation where all coins have been mined; will btc even be around 50 years from now? Or will it be seen as old, primitive tech?

2 - There isn't any kind of reward for doing it all.  I imagine it will just stop.  But remember, any blockchain has to be maintained through nodes.  There are some people who predict doomsday for a coin and "true death" if that happens because there would be less incentive for node operators.  Now, not all bockchains are the same.  There are some that have premined basically everything and then you need to realize that tokens operate slightly differently than coins.  For all realistic purposes, these are things we don't really have to worry about yet.

xenosaga

Activity: 111

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 01:00:07 AM

thank you !

No I don't think people will stop mining. In the case that only a few people would mine, the market rate of Bitcoin would skyrocket, giving instant profit to holders of btc.
labilaab

Activity: 616
Merit: 11

TRADE WITH NEGATIVE FEES

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2018, 01:03:45 AM

I think mining will never be stopped since it’s the way also crypto-companies can attract more people to gain their token popularity. But mostly, only coins and tokens with large total supply of about billion is capable of mining.

ETERBASE | TRADE WITH NEGATIVE FEES
▬ xbase ▬▬▬■▌[SIGN UP NOW]▐■▬▬▬ xbase ▬
ANN THREAD   |    TELEGRAM    |    FACEBOOK    |    TWITTER
skylar

Activity: 434
Merit: 104

Esport Ecosystem

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 02:01:27 AM

I think mining will never stop if cryptocurrency are still alive. The other fact is There some of coin that have infinite supply, so since the coin itself is not dead the mining activities will not stop. And dont forget about some newborn coin that build with POW algo inside it.
Ngewex Yuk

Activity: 1190

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 02:22:56 AM

If the price of coins continues to decline, of course this makes people impatient for mining, many complaints miners because the more difficult it is to get a coin with mining so choose trading because it is more practical and easy.

TIME
TO
SLEEP
biyuan200

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 02:26:12 AM

Of course not. The mining service is a kind of basic service. It is also an activity that guarantees the normal operation and transmission of the network and maintains the network, and then returns the service. With more and more blockchains and mining in the future, node services will be more abundant.
jemarie20

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 03:22:03 AM

Yes, because as I know  mining is the center of transaction so we cannot stop mining because if we stop mining we  are trying stop also the crypto world , that is why we need to support mining and dont make a reason to stop it.

Sharmila Jhuny

Activity: 16

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 04:02:35 AM

I think all of this will end in time or before you think like that if humans do not need a crypto currency.
solovalley

Activity: 182

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 05:05:05 AM

thank you !

miners will be forced away from the rewards of the blocks they receive for their work after the Bitcoin supply has reached 21 million. transaction costs will not be enough to keep Bitcoin miners, they will be very financially minded after the mining process is complete. Grin
Valzador

Activity: 1316
Merit: 503

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 05:06:21 AM

the mining process will never stop because even if the mined block is up, the miners have to mine to process a transaction.
tayecrypto

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 05:12:45 AM

There will probably be new ways invented to secure transactions that don't rely on hardware or holding large quantities of the coin. Will such an alternative stop mining though? It would have to take the crypto world by storm.
FrosDiamond

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 05:26:00 AM

thank you !

transaction costs and mining costs will increase in the future. This will reduce the burden placed on the miners and allow mining to be activities that have lower initial cost. Furthermore, transaction costs increase, and this can help miners to stay afloat.
Jenesis

Activity: 89

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 07:35:53 AM

thank you !

It is true that once all Bitcoins are depleted, transaction costs will be the only source of income for miners. The main concern then is whether the transaction costs will be enough to keep the finance of the miners stable.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: