Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 06:10:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: We are living in the 2nd coming of the 60s  (Read 2599 times)
greenbtc

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 06:26:19 PM

Quote from: timk225 on August 19, 2013, 03:47:31 PM
No marriage for fags, more segregation, stop trying to put new names on everything and politically correct words everywhere you look.

This single post has immortalized your image on this forum.

And I'm proud of that.  

I was born in 1970, and grew up in good old fashioned small town America.  Where people could walk the streets safely at night, right was right, wrong was wrong, you could tell racial / ethnic jokes and people acknowledged the truth of them, there were far fewer special interest groups to get all offended at every little trivial thing that they don't like, it was a good time, flag waving, rock-n-roll American place to be.  

Now the communist in the WHITE house is doing his best to change that, and the Democrats are doing all they can too, to get us into the one world government / new world order / shadow government / etc.

As for words changing, witness this George Carlin clip from YouTube for the sheer ridiculousness of it all:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h67k9eEw9AY

As for gay marriage, just because man changes the law does not mean God does.  In other words, I believe that gays will burn in hell.

Ahh, religion. Generally that's where all the rationalism comes from these days.
ibminer
Legendary

Activity: 1826
Merit: 2793

Goonies never say die.

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2013, 06:30:40 PM

America needs to move to a 3 or 4 day work week. This is the only solution. Allow people to be home for 1 or 2 days more a week and things will change for the better.  Grin

alephi

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 06:40:52 PM
Last edit: August 20, 2013, 07:01:40 PM by alephi

I was born in 1970, and grew up in good old fashioned small town America.  Where people could walk the streets safely at night, right was right, wrong was wrong, you could tell racial / ethnic jokes and people acknowledged the truth of them, there were far fewer special interest groups to get all offended at every little trivial thing that they don't like, it was a good time, flag waving, rock-n-roll American place to be.  

1970 was about the time your countrymen were sending slanty eyed gooks in Vietnam and Cambodia to the next life with napalm,  it was a good time, flag waving, rock-n-roll American place to be.

Must be real hard for you having an uppity commie nigger in the WHITE house.

Let's hear a racial/ethnic joke that has a truth in it...

So there is this guy named Bubba who lives in the South who is totally racist. He hates everyone of ethnic background so much that when ever he sees anyone of color walking down the street he runs them over with his truck.One day Bubba's wife invites the town preacher over for dinner and Bubba has to pick the preacher up and drive him to Bubba's house. Sure enough there is a black guy walking on the side of the road hitch hiking.Bubba cannot control his urge to hit the guy so he thinks to himself "If I pretend to pass out I can swerve over and hit the guy and the preacher will be none the wiser". So Bubba pretends to pass out and swerves over, after he hears a thump he pretends to wake up. He says to the preacher "Please tell me I didn't hit that hitchhiker". The preacher turns to Bubba and says "No son, but I got him with the door."
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 12:03:45 AM

America needs to move to a 3 or 4 day work week. This is the only solution. Allow people to be home for 1 or 2 days more a week and things will change for the better.  Grin

In order for this to work, people would need to make enough within those 3 or 4 days to survive.  That's something close to 12-16 hour workdays, which I'm certain is entirely possible but those days off would be largely spent resting.

J603

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 04:39:34 PM

In order for this to work, people would need to make enough within those 3 or 4 days to survive.  That's something close to 12-16 hour workdays, which I'm certain is entirely possible but those days off would be largely spent resting.

That would actually be a 13.3 hour day if there's only 3 days in a work week or a 10 hour workday if it was 4 days in a work week. The 13.3 is kind of excessive but the 10 hour day isn't that bad.

I'd certainly do it.
FinShaggy (OP)

Activity: 196

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2013, 05:46:21 PM

I was expecting Jewish commie pinko.  Liberal worker seems quite flattering, if a bit inaccurate.

You guys probably work for North Korea, shame on you, trying to put down that poor little patriot. (lol)

If everyone is thinking outside the box, there is a new box.
muasktak10

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 04:18:50 AM

Says the good little liberal worker........ Cheesy

I don't know if I'd consider myself a homophobe, I think that if 2 guys want to go buttslam each other in the ass and them lick each other clean, or if 2 women wanna scissor each other all night long, they can go do it.  But I draw the line when they want to be treated like normal people, get married, obtain employment and government benefits a male/female marriage would get, adopt children, and all that.  Homosexuality is an abomination before God, no matter what laws mortal men may make or change.  And seeing a pair of homos represented as a normal couple in a movie or tv show does not make me happy.

Marriage is between a man and woman ONLY, plain and simple.  No ifs ands or buts.
Since when does gay marriage have anything to do with gay sex?

Are you trying to tell us something?
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 01:52:02 PM

Actually, we are living in 1984.
Taras
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1053

Please do not PM me loan requests!

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2013, 04:01:41 AM

As for gay marriage, just because man changes the law does not mean God does.  In other words, I believe that gays will burn in hell.
Sorry to break it to you but hell.... It's not real. If it were I'm certain you'd be first in line, though.
God doesn't put law to man. God puts law to science. I don't think He has much care for us, the sentient matter.
GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 04:42:11 AM

God is the whole of the law. Not trying to sound all new age and shit. But for Christians, God's will IS the whole of reality. We assert our wills in harmony with the Lord's in order to advance the cause of Order/Good what you will. We constantly pray that our motivations don't stray from this path; this walk with God we try to participate in. Those who serve the Adversary ultimately serve his will, even if they believe they are only asserting their own wills. Your Will Being the Whole of The Law pretty much summing that mindset up. These are agents of chaos/evil.

Off topic, but I felt I needed to clarify. Hell is quite real, but the very definition of hell requires that the experience of it vary from person to person. My understanding of hell is that it is a tailored experience. So don't get caught up in all the old school hellfire and brimstone. Hell is the punishment for narcissistic behavior and the consequent behaviors that arise from the narcissistic mindset (Satan's Sin). Hell is suffering. And, well shit, I don't need to point all of that out that around, do I?

I will admit however, Hell can't be permanent. Because eternal torment doesn't seem like a feature of an infinitely loving and forgiving God. Doesn't mean you can't learn a hot assed lesson for a few 100 years or so. Grin

timk225

Activity: 955
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 05:04:22 PM

I have wondered for quite some time (and this was semi-confirmed in the movie R.I.P.D. that came out recently, even though it's just a movie) if this is how it works:

A person who has done well in life dies and can go straight to heaven.

A person who wasn't great but not evil either might have to spent a few months or years in purgatory or in some sort of service to God, before they can be admitted into heaven, to make up for the things they did wrong in the just-ended life.

A person who REALLY did a lot of bad things (like Saddam Hussein, Hitler, child rapists, mass murderers, gays, etc) go straight to hell.

But even if they take the Hell Express, I have to wonder if it is permanent, or do they serve a pre-prescribed amount of time in Hell before returning to Heaven to prepare for the next life?

Some years ago I had read that the purpose of being reincarnated over and over was to live and learn, and once a soul had lived enough lives and learned all the things they needed to learn they could stay in Heaven long term.  But then, if you are born with no memory of your previous lives, how do you learn from previous mistakes and improve in the next life? How do you know if you aren't making the same mistakes in life after life after life?

It's a real mind scrambler.

But I do believe gays still burn in hell.
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 05:30:36 PM

snip

Wonder no further; for any of this to work, we must assume there exists a heaven and hell, neither of which have any proof of existing, except for various conflicting myths of ancient times.  Because there is no proof, we cannot presume their existence; we cannot answer the mystery of death with another mystery, just as we cannot say it rains because of "the will of God"--then we must explain the will of God, but "God works in mysterious ways", and so we literally answer one mystery with another mystery and another mystery, and come no closer to reality.  For gays to burn in hell, there must be a hell.  If being tormented and ridiculed on a daily basis is hell, we've found the location of hell.  If hell can be found on planet Earth, and hell cannot be heaven, what must we do for heaven on Earth?  Why, we must accept our fellow man for who he is, or burn in the very same hell we banished them to.

Now go forth, and spread the word of Christ!

timk225

Activity: 955
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 06:11:45 PM

I suppose that's as likely a theory as any other.

To further the question of "What is hell?" - I sometimes think that Hell is a very custom experience, tailored to what each individual likes or dislikes.

For example, and while covering up certain details:

I spent a couple years living in a certain city pursuing career goals that could realistically only be done in that area.  I had some minor success, but nothing exceptional.

After 2 years, due to a poor economy (thanks Obama and liberal democrat ASSHOLES), and a severe financial deficit, I was forced to move from this city back to my hometown, which is another smaller city a couple thousand miles away.  I hate being here especially for no other reason than the lack of money.  Every day of my life spent in this place is a day of my life WASTED, as far as I'm concerned.

However, after 2 years of work, improving my job skills, and some not-so-ethical behavior, I have managed to save up enough cash to make my triumphant return, which I will do in 2 months.  And my newly improved job skills and experience will open a new career field to me, which will hopefully make me financially independent enough to stay there permanently until such time that I no longer need a normal job like a common person.

I have thought of the sheer WASTE OF MY LIFE for over 2 years as being in my own personal hell.  Maybe this is what hell is - keeping you somewhere you don't want to be, not able to do what you want to do?  I guess a lot could say that about jail too.

Was I brought back here by divine intervention, because I needed to learn things that would not have happened in the other place?  Maybe.  Did I find ways to learn and improve and overcome the obstacles that made me have to come back here?  Yes.

Are homosexual buttslammers in their own hell whenever they are ridiculed for being the freaks that they are?  Possibly.
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 06:34:13 PM

I suppose that's as likely a theory as any other.

To further the question of "What is hell?" - I sometimes think that Hell is a very custom experience, tailored to what each individual likes or dislikes.

For example, and while covering up certain details:

I spent a couple years living in a certain city pursuing career goals that could realistically only be done in that area.  I had some minor success, but nothing exceptional.

After 2 years, due to a poor economy (thanks Obama and liberal democrat ASSHOLES), and a severe financial deficit, I was forced to move from this city back to my hometown, which is another smaller city a couple thousand miles away.  I hate being here especially for no other reason than the lack of money.  Every day of my life spent in this place is a day of my life WASTED, as far as I'm concerned.

However, after 2 years of work, improving my job skills, and some not-so-ethical behavior, I have managed to save up enough cash to make my triumphant return, which I will do in 2 months.  And my newly improved job skills and experience will open a new career field to me, which will hopefully make me financially independent enough to stay there permanently until such time that I no longer need a normal job like a common person.

I have thought of the sheer WASTE OF MY LIFE for over 2 years as being in my own personal hell.  Maybe this is what hell is - keeping you somewhere you don't want to be, not able to do what you want to do?  I guess a lot could say that about jail too.

Was I brought back here by divine intervention, because I needed to learn things that would not have happened in the other place?  Maybe.  Did I find ways to learn and improve and overcome the obstacles that made me have to come back here?  Yes.

Are homosexual buttslammers in their own hell whenever they are ridiculed for being the freaks that they are?  Possibly.

Sure; we can theorize life itself takes place in a computer, and you are the only person actually existing in that life, as a brain in a jar hooked up to the computer, or perhaps more like the matrix, but lets be honest, that is highly unlikely.  I can theorize the world is actually flat, because when I stand on it, I don't start rolling.  I can theorize the sky is actually green at night, because the aliens switched around our words for green and black overnight.  I don't know about you, but these theories don't sound nearly as likely as any other.  What's more likely: we exist as multiple minds in the same, non-jarred reality, the world is actually not flat since we can go forward in a mostly straight line and eventually be back where we started, and it doesn't matter what word we use for the sky since it's still the same color.  These latter theories are much more realistic and reasonable; the former are what many of us would consider crazy.  So we can see, the rational theories are more likely than the irrational theories.

My point was, we can make this world a living hell or a living heaven.  If we make other people's lives hell, how can we expect to live better lives ourselves?  I'm certain you don't need me to explain why hating homosexuals is both irrational and cannot possibly bring about happier days; it's not as if they're going away, and it only makes us all unhappier as a result.  There is no such thing as a personal hell; misery loves company, and when you're in hell, you bring everyone into that hell, so why ask for others to be in hell and expect something better to result from it?

skull88

Activity: 683
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 08:37:33 PM

The Republicans need to quit trying to "reach across the aisle" and work with the Democrats.  The Democrats will whine and piss and moan and cry until everything is their way.  

The Republicans need to grow some balls and take over and get things back on track like what Reagan did in the 80's.

No marriage for fags, more segregation, stop trying to put new names on everything and politically correct words everywhere you look.

I could go on, but you get the idea.

Yeah I agree. Let's segregate the brain-dead bigots from actual human beings.
This one made me smile Smiley
+1

BTC: 1MifMqtqqwMMAbb6zr8u6qEzWqq3CQeGUr
LTC: LhvMYEngkKS2B8FAcbnzHb2dvW8n9eHkdp
skull88

Activity: 683
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 08:45:51 PM

I believe, if invisible friends dictate you laws, you really should seek mental help.

BTC: 1MifMqtqqwMMAbb6zr8u6qEzWqq3CQeGUr
LTC: LhvMYEngkKS2B8FAcbnzHb2dvW8n9eHkdp
xkeyscore89

Activity: 238

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 09:01:47 PM

The "Occupy" movement was a bad joke.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2013, 03:24:29 AM

We are living in a decade that is eerily similar to the 60s. Everyone is nostalgic for the 50s, 80s & 90s. In the 60s people were just nostalgic for the 50s, maybe 20s too.

Instead of "haight ashbury" we had "occupy" in New York, Oakland and just about every state in America, as well as other countries. So it's an international phenomenon instead of just one street corner. The 60s started at the corner of haight and ashbury in cali.

Instead of acid, marijuana and cocaine slowly becoming nationally illegal drugs, we are slowly working towards finding the correct applications for such things.

Instead of a "mad men" stock rush, there is a bitcoin stock rush.

We have hipsters instead of hippies.

Our guns are being restricted (same as the 60s) we will probably be getting our right to bear arms back though, instead of losing it like we did in the 60s.

Shy of Googling to see if it's already been coined, Bitsters and Bitsties come to mind.
ronimacarroni

Activity: 140

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 04:07:35 AM

I have wondered for quite some time (and this was semi-confirmed in the movie R.I.P.D. that came out recently, even though it's just a movie) if this is how it works:

A person who has done well in life dies and can go straight to heaven.

A person who wasn't great but not evil either might have to spent a few months or years in purgatory or in some sort of service to God, before they can be admitted into heaven, to make up for the things they did wrong in the just-ended life.

A person who REALLY did a lot of bad things (like Saddam Hussein, Hitler, child rapists, mass murderers, gays, etc) go straight to hell.

But even if they take the Hell Express, I have to wonder if it is permanent, or do they serve a pre-prescribed amount of time in Hell before returning to Heaven to prepare for the next life?

Some years ago I had read that the purpose of being reincarnated over and over was to live and learn, and once a soul had lived enough lives and learned all the things they needed to learn they could stay in Heaven long term.  But then, if you are born with no memory of your previous lives, how do you learn from previous mistakes and improve in the next life? How do you know if you aren't making the same mistakes in life after life after life?

It's a real mind scrambler.

But I do believe gays still burn in hell.
Wait come on now.
Gays can't be as bad as mass murderers.
They just poke each other in the butt.
Who cares.
If hell exists there is as special place there for scammers though
ErisDiscordia
Legendary

Activity: 1133
Merit: 1163

Imposition of ORder = Escalation of Chaos

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 10:53:52 AM

Actually there is only one hell and that one is reserved exclusively for dogmatic religious people Smiley

It's all bullshit. But bullshit makes the flowers grow and that's beautiful.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: