Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 11:00:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I've made 600k in Crypto - When to call it quits  (Read 15521 times)
quality.crypto

Activity: 854
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 03:20:46 AM

If you made some decent profit then it is always good to leave by selling them and wait until the price starts decreasing again because it will give good chance to make some more money. If you quit you will stay with those profits only.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
99bitcoinerlover

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 10:51:24 PM

Holding will surely help you in the longer run and will help you earn some money.
drachman

Activity: 756
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 09:09:26 PM

Hi Guys

I've been in the crypto scene for many years now, first time post here over a dilemma I am facing.

So, I am fortunate enough to make 600k from buying and trading Bitcoin and other crypto assets, and I don't know what to do with the money. Personally I think this is the year I will become a millionaire, as I can only see the marketcap of all coins growing. But friends close to me think I am an idiot for not selling yet, and if it were to collapse to zero, I would never forgive myself. But they don't know the market like I do, and I do believe that it is only the beginning. They say I should sell 95% buy a house, a car and live a nice lifestyle. I am frugal, have always lived within my means and never spent any crypto money as of yet, but I am tempted to start spending some of it now. I am 26 years old, rent an apartment and drive a car worth less than most peoples pushbikes.

My portfolio currently looks like this....

43% Raiblocks
40% Oyster Pearl
5% Enigma
4%Dash
1.5% Bitcoin
and tiny holdings in Waves, Lisk, Stratis, Game.....

I think that both XRB and PRL can double easily this year.

This is not based on greed btw, I want to make enough money so I can buy my siblings houses and see them mortgage free.

What would you do if you were me? When do we call it a day and give up trading?

Many thanks for your help in advance.
It is too early to quit, it may be a good idea to cash out some of your profits but you seem to have talent for this so use that talent to produce more money, the next bull market is going to be even bigger than the past one and you do not want to miss it, I am waiting for it because if it is big enough then it could be possible for me live a comfortable life for a long time.
churmerpe9

Activity: 26

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 02:45:08 PM

Just pay your taxes and get over with it. Call it quits maybe.
LindsayWWW

Activity: 67

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 04:09:09 PM

Never invest all your funds at a go. Make sure to divide it into half and half.
wonderbarthsnr10

Activity: 37

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 05:19:47 PM

What a unique portfolio you've got. Why quit now when you've got the potential and assets to gain more.? What you need is well draft out portfolio plan. Almost all if not all the coins you have got big long term potentials. Do not listen to your friends, follow your own path. My advice to you would be, sell half of your coins and hold the other half. It is just too early to sell off and quit over some peanut change. Investments are for long term financial stability.
snewkadel

Activity: 70

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 05:46:48 PM

I will diversify my portfolio with a few top 100 coins, FUN and XRT look good to me. I think Bitcoin and the Alts will ebb and flow a lot this year, so plan on moving most of my funds back into Bitcoin
FreeOxen

Activity: 94

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 07:30:53 PM

This guy posted the opening post back earlier at the peak of 2017/2018 - I somehow doubt this guy still has his coins - though who knows, maybe he held them to the bitter end... hopefully this guy did make some fat profits at the end of it all!
chimaera-
Copper Member

Activity: 47
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 03:11:28 AM

This guy posted the opening post back earlier at the peak of 2017/2018 - I somehow doubt this guy still has his coins - though who knows, maybe he held them to the bitter end... hopefully this guy did make some fat profits at the end of it all!
Exactly.  If he held his coins he probably has <$100k now at best, probably <$50k.  Anyone even now telling him to hold is foolish - though hindsight is a wonderful thing.
snewkadel

Activity: 70

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 05:19:08 PM

Get back in after a crash. Or at least reduce it to 15% or less of your holdings. Buy some mining gear at good prices if you like so you're actually producing the asset not just purchasing and speculating.
bitcoinisbest

Activity: 1218
Merit: 557

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 05:23:04 PM

Get back in after a crash. Or at least reduce it to 15% or less of your holdings. Buy some mining gear at good prices if you like so you're actually producing the asset not just purchasing and speculating.

It will not last long before we will see btc prices back up again 7k and then 8k. So it is  a good time for people to buy at lesser price and make easy money when the rise will happen you can sell it or hold it for longer term as per your requirement.
that osas

Activity: 172

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 01:55:12 PM

I think personally more money can be made but for now it's not advisable to put all your eggs in one basket. Why not invest in real estate or better still get professional advise. Buying houses is not a bad idea but starting your own family and having a secured future is far better now!
coinplus
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1058

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 02:31:37 PM

I am fortunate enough to make 600k from buying and trading Bitcoin and other crypto assets, and I don't know what to do with the money.
Six hundred thousand dollars is a huge amount of money in my country, that is worth hundred millions of my country’s currency and I think if I’m the one who go such an amount of money I would probably call it a quit and withdraw everything. With that $600,000 I can start a very bug business here that can bring me a lot of profits and even put me on same level with the richest people in my country. Damn, when am I going to get that kind of money ? Hmph… well all it takes is hard work.

If he held his coins he probably has <$100k now at best, probably <$50k.  Anyone even now telling him to hold is foolish - though hindsight is a wonderful thing.
Lol that’s true, believe me I was thinking the same thing even, cause I checked when he posted this and made a little price Bitcoin price. If he truly made $600,000 in crypto and decided to leave it in his wallet from then till now then trust he will be regretting what he did. And if he did, then that’s because he was being greedy lol. I can’t have that kind of money in my wallet and won’t be checking my wallet every seconds, every minute and hour lol.
CatchSomeAirdrops1

Activity: 50
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 12:53:57 AM

Bro,  Never ever quit understand. Because it is long journey ahead of us.
If you want some money you can sell some of these. And work on other cryoto and earn in which you easily satisfied. Goodluck.
antsam

Activity: 2044
Merit: 109

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2018, 01:41:42 AM

If I am in your position, I will sell 75% of the assets that I have diverted by buying a garden, because here the garden is still very promising and I will invest it in stock. The rest I will still play crypto trading
PlayUp

Activity: 13

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 04:28:26 AM

Well, if this is true, firstly, congratulations!

Secondly, looking at your portfolio have you invested purely for financial means or do you have practical belief in the projects and the use cases of their tokens?

If you are just in this for the money, cash out (I'm guessing at the time of this post your holdings have dramatically decreased already) and maybe just put it into "safe" currencies like Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ripple etc.

However if you really believe in crypto and blockchain keep reinvesting in projects you believe in! You have so much capital to do so that a) you're bound to pick a winner or two and b) you may be helping some real-world beneficial projects off the ground!

Good luck!
Ginzink

Activity: 462
Merit: 118

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 08:52:59 AM

He made the post in January, so i skipped to last pages to see if he sold or went down with the crash since then.
But page after page with people replying like he wrote the post recently lol. Suggestions on what to do and holding. If he held he is down about 80% ish?..
Exploit01

Activity: 29

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 09:45:52 PM

Gambling will fuck you inside out!
drachman

Activity: 756
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 01:48:12 AM

I am fortunate enough to make 600k from buying and trading Bitcoin and other crypto assets, and I don't know what to do with the money.
Six hundred thousand dollars is a huge amount of money in my country, that is worth hundred millions of my country’s currency and I think if I’m the one who go such an amount of money I would probably call it a quit and withdraw everything. With that $600,000 I can start a very bug business here that can bring me a lot of profits and even put me on same level with the richest people in my country. Damn, when am I going to get that kind of money ? Hmph… well all it takes is hard work.

If he held his coins he probably has <$100k now at best, probably <$50k.  Anyone even now telling him to hold is foolish - though hindsight is a wonderful thing.
Lol that’s true, believe me I was thinking the same thing even, cause I checked when he posted this and made a little price Bitcoin price. If he truly made $600,000 in crypto and decided to leave it in his wallet from then till now then trust he will be regretting what he did. And if he did, then that’s because he was being greedy lol. I can’t have that kind of money in my wallet and won’t be checking my wallet every seconds, every minute and hour lol.
We do not now what happened but if I was him I would not have sold, after all that money could easily go up 5x to 6x in just a few years by just holding, so even if you did nothing you could get even more incredible profits, but taking the money was not such a bad idea either since in my country that is a lot of money as well, that is so much money that with the right administration you could retire with that kind of money.
Kimberley_Isham

Activity: 19

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 06:13:36 AM

Wow, interesting stuff. That's quite a lot of profit there. How many years precisely did this take? It seems I'm not even anywhere as experienced as you. So, it feels weird that I should be on the advising end. But then, I will say what I would do if I were in your shoes. I think I would sell a good percentage and keep some in the system. You also see how much profit you've made over time. But one must also be careful to know where to draw the line. So, sell some, keep trading the rest. More like a win-win situation.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: