Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:43:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Yobit Scam withholding 10BTC  (Read 21481 times)
gstant1 (OP)

Activity: 68
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2018, 12:39:03 AM

It definitely looks like Yobit is scamming here.  I'm not sure how they can justify not sending someone POS interest and not responding to the person they did it to.  No respectable exchange would do that.  Hell, no respectable entity would do anything like that. 
And that is exactly what it comes down to, they do not seem to care about their reputation or their customers. 
More importantly it puzzles me that if people think Cryptocurrencies will explode in the medium to long term future as more technology is added along with edging closer to mass adoption why would you as an established already profitable business bother to steal from a client when you have the means and ability to rectify this and also add more support staff.

If I owned Yobit I would be doing everything I can to ensure that my companies image is improved upon not degraded by the actions of those in charge and would be looking to project the image as being that of Established/Trustworty/Real customer support etc.

Has anyone thought about consulting a lawyer?  I realize it could be expensive, but it's worth considering.  I don't think these scammers are ever going to stop doing this shit unless they suffer some consequences with more weight than just getting a negative trust on bitcointalk.

Unfortunately again you are correct, having them be forced to do the right thing would be a good start.   

I have considered a Lawyer but there are many obstacles, such as their owners name and address, company address, the fact they are operating in Russia (so i am led to believe) and the fact that I cannot afford to mount a case against them, all the money I own in the World they currently are holding hostage and they know all of these obstacles are in place so there is no incentive for them to do the right thing, but it makes me as myself.  Do these people actually have hearts?  Have they ever tried to put themselves in the shoes of someone in my position?  Would they expect their Children to grow up and act the same way their company does?

There are real people at Yobit who are stealing real people's money.  That's outrageous.  I'd read a lot of threads before about their shadiness, but what they did to nwo99 really opened my eyes.
It is like they have a license to steal with impunity.
I am a big believer in Karma but karma is not going to get my money back, unless one of them has a weak moment of honesty and or integrity.   

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
gstant1 (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2018, 12:48:53 AM

So to continue the update have logged in again, no replies to the same ticket where they said "If the problem is not solved, what kind of compensation would you like to get from the insurance fund? "
where I entered 8 BTC and it then gave me a pop up that said "Info Okay" in green which I guess means their system received it (for the 10th time). 

I will be back in a week or two to both check my balance and again update this thread. 

This thread is going to be going while I still draw breath until they pay me, if they ever do. 

It may not change anything but at least it helps me a little psychologically, but at the same time when I do think about this it also sends me into a state of depression.

So damned if I do, damned if I don't it is a perpetual vicious cycle that eats away at me.   

Thank you to everyone who has bumped this thread and offered advice and or words of support, you may think it means nothing but it really does mean a lot to me, I feel like I am not alone when there are others who show support and it is deeply appreciated. 

nwo99

Activity: 150
Merit: 2

Looking for a good project

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 11:14:32 PM

confronted them on chat
Got banned for 1 week

Looking for a good project to work on
gstant1 (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2018, 07:04:09 AM

confronted them on chat
Got banned for 1 week
https://i.imgur.com/waSLKqS.jpg
Hi, thanks for doing that, I appreciate it, but do not get yourself in trouble on my behalf.

I have tried that route also and was close to being banned by the same guy and I was worried that they would close my account all-together so I left it alone.

Just checked my balance again, no support messages and nothing paid to me, still waiting and waiting. 

Yobit if you read this, please tell me why you sent me the "Insurance Fund" message which I have filled out several times, only to receive nothing?

I am not going away.  Please, again, I urge you to do the right thing. 
nwo99

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 10:48:46 AM
Last edit: August 03, 2018, 01:07:22 AM by nwo99

I hope you get your money.
In your case 10 BTC is indeed too much. Maybe you should consider investing some money in a lawyer and sue yobit

add your story here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1378867

this is about exchanges and will really hurt them

gstant1 (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2018, 01:30:56 AM

Yobit, I have just changed the amount to 7 BTC please pay that, it is still gifting you 3 BTC.

Luana Trade
Copper Member

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 02:53:08 AM

A RIDICULOUS EXCHANGE THAT THERE IS PEOPLE CREATING IT COINS EVERY DAY THE FACE THROUGH THESE ARE ALL OF THE DEEP WEB RIDICULOS I WILL NEVER CHANGE ANYTHING WHY THERE ARE EXCHANGE MUCH BETTER AND ACCEPTED ON THE MARKET AND ALWAYS USE THE SHAPESHIFT THAT NEVER DEMANDED TO DEPOSIT MY FUNDS AND DECENTRALIZED EXCHANGE DO NOT USE YOBIT IS A SCAM A SHAME OF OUR COMMUNITY
nwo99

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 09:38:42 AM

For those of you who know Russian, this is the news report of Pavel Krymov's arrest (on youtube):
Pavel is the alleged founder of yobit scam exchange

gstant1 (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2018, 05:48:43 AM

Update, created a new support ticket in the hope that someone actually reads it and takes action.  

That is my 13th support ticket, will it be a lucky number?  I doubt it.   Cry  

Still I will continue to post here and update and remind people about what Yobit is like, if they refund me I will do the right thing and remove negative trust and lock thread but until then their name is mud and am also considering finding an Attorney in Russia but that is not easy to do as I have found so far.  

Yobit please do the right thing, just pay me 8 of the 10 BTC while the price is low and salvage some of your reputation.

IT HAS BEEN NEARLY 9 MONTHS NOW SINCE FIRST TICKET LODGED!!!  
m4rked0ne

Activity: 6

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 10:56:41 PM

I am in the same boat with you. 1 BTC of mine taken hostage awaiting email confirmation and cannot be cancelled for 7 months, this is absurd. No response to tickets. I posted my experience on Yobit subreddit, it is sad.
https://www.reddit.com/r/yobit/comments/9asmqk/1_btc_stuck_for_7_months_on_withdraw_email/

IT HAS BEEN NEARLY 8 MONTHS NOW SINCE FIRST TICKET LODGED!!! 
xtraelv
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1924

฿ear ride on the rainbow slide

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 04:48:07 PM
Last edit: August 28, 2018, 04:58:52 PM by xtraelv

Two threads - both sent a substantial amount (10 & 7) ETH to ETC address at Yobit - with two entirely different results.

One got angry and got nothing back.
YoBit stole 10 ETH from me – a conversation with Dominik Herzog - Chat Log
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4868465.0
I did the same thing with 10 ETH and YoBit flat out told me they will never give it back to me:

it has been 9 months and it is safe to say that YoBit is keeping my money

One stayed pleasant and got the entire amount back from the insurance fund.
Sent ETH to Yobit ETC wallet by mistake
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1902605.msg18883081#msg18883081
You guys won't believe this.  Yobit gave me an activation code and then a link to enter it which had gave me the full amount of my ETH from their insurance fund.  WTF.  Problem solved. I truly can't believe it.

I don't use Yobit.

We are surrounded by legends on this forum. Phenomenal successes and catastrophic failures. Then there are the scams. This forum is a digital museum.  
* The most iconic historic bitcointalk threads.* Satoshi * Cypherpunks*MtGox*Bitcointalk hacks*pHiShInG* Silk Road*Pirateat40*Knightmb*Miner shams*Forum scandals*BBCode*
Troll spotting*Thank you to madnessteat for my custom avatar hat.
DenysM

Activity: 714
Merit: 118

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 12:58:13 AM
Last edit: August 31, 2018, 01:10:03 AM by DenysM

On the forum there are people who advertise this scam exchange. Thousands of people lost money on this exchange. The Russian local branch is filled with thousands of posts about the loss of money on this exchange. Why the forum administration allows to advertise this exchange and carry signatures?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=808310
 I think that the forum should prohibit such advertising
Captain_Planet

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 08:48:17 PM

Yes there are plenty of accusations against yobit, by the way OP haven you recovered your bitcoins or not?
allyouracid
Legendary

Activity: 2320
Merit: 1292

Encrypted Money, Baby!

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 09:44:23 PM

I really hope he gets it back.

I'm sure he learned his lesson, painfully so, but please, guys: never, ever, EVER!! send all your money to one place. Whatever it is, a single failure and it's gone.
Especially if you don't control the keys.

There is no reason on earth to transfer all your wealth to an exchange!!!

Don't visit my shitcoin blog: OCOIN.DEV
Use cointracking.info for tax declaration & tracking of your trades!
gstant1 (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2018, 03:17:25 AM

Yes there are plenty of accusations against yobit, by the way OP haven you recovered your bitcoins or not?
No, nothing yet despite having opened a new ticket, my 12th one. 
gstant1 (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2018, 03:19:00 AM

I really hope he gets it back.
Thanks, so do I. 
I'm sure he learned his lesson, painfully so, but please, guys: never, ever, EVER!! send all your money to one place. Whatever it is, a single failure and it's gone.
Especially if you don't control the keys.

There is no reason on earth to transfer all your wealth to an exchange!!!
I have learned a lesson that is for sure, however my error which I own, does not mean Yobit should profit from it financially, or at least in full, they no doubt have recovered the 10 BTC when they were made aware of it and now they should do the right thing and at least repay me some of it. 
masterkiller

Activity: 643
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 07:16:13 AM

i feel yobit is not a scam, why because i sell some of my cards there, but i don't suggest a new project for listing on yobit. Why? most of them who only listing on yobit will eventually die and disappear from the circulation of the crypto market. also with many bots really really bothering traders in determining a decision. but for a scam, well I don't think so

▓▓▓▄             ▓▓▓▓
           ▓▓▀  ▀█▄        ▓▓▓   ▓▓
          ▓▓  ▓▄   ▀╗ ▓▓▓▓▓  ▓▓▓ ▓▓
         ▓▓ ▄▓▓▓▓▄              ▓▓ ▓▓
        ▐▓▌ ▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄    ▓ ▓
        ▓▓  ▀  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╬╦   ▓▓▓
      ▄▓▓▀  ▄▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀ ▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╦  ▓▓▓
    ▄▓▓▀    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▄  ▀▓▓▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▓▓
   ▄▓▓▓▓  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀     ▓▓▓     ▀ ▀ ▄   ▓▓
    ▓▓▀  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▀             ▄     ▀▀  ▓▀
   ▓▓▀  ▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▄▓▓▀ ▄▄▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▄  ▓▓▓
  ▓▓▌  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▌   ▓▓▓▌ ▀▀▓▓▓ ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓██▓▓▓  ▓▓
 ▐▓▌        ▀▀▓▌ ╟▀▓▓▌▐▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▓▓▓▓▓   ╔    ▓▓
 ███▓▓▓▓▄▄        ▐▓▓ ▓▄▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▓▓▓▓▓▄      ▓▓
           ▀▀▀█▄     ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄       ▓ ▓▓
                 ▀█▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  ▀     
                     ▄▄
BETFURY 
№1 I-GAMING PLATFORM
WITH BTC DIVIDENDS

▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
     ▓▓▌  ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌        ▄▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓   ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ▓▓▓
 ▓▓▌ ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▀ ▓▓▌  ▓▓▓▓▓▌  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀▀▓▓ ▓ ▓  ▓▓▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀▀▓▓▄▄▓▓ ▓▓  ▓▓█▌▓▓▓▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀ ▀▓▓▄
▓▓▌  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓ ▓▓▓▓▓ ▓▓  ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀▀▓▓▌▓   ▐▓ ▓▓▓▓ ▓▓ ▀███▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▀▀▀▓▓▄▓▓▓     ▀▓▓▓▓ ▓▓▓  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ ▄▓▓
                      ▀▓▓▀▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                        ▌▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                         ▓▓▓▓▓▀ ▄▓▓▓▓▓▀▀
                          ▀▀█▀▀▀▀
m4rked0ne

Activity: 6

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 12:08:23 PM

i feel yobit is not a scam, why because i sell some of my cards there, but i don't suggest a new project for listing on yobit. Why? most of them who only listing on yobit will eventually die and disappear from the circulation of the crypto market. also with many bots really really bothering traders in determining a decision. but for a scam, well I don't think so

Profound logic. You sell your cards there so they shouldn't be a scam.

They flat out wanted 140 USD dollars to work on my ticket which is to unlock my 1 BTC on Yobit that is stuck on email confirmation.
https://www.reddit.com/r/yobit/comments/9asmqk/1_btc_stuck_for_7_months_on_withdraw_email/

Why do you even help them by trading there... There are countless people who lost their money. Well I guess everybody needs a lesson for their own.

gstant1 (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2018, 11:57:19 PM

Update:  Nothing to update.

The Yobit thieves have not paid me and have not used their account here since Feb. 

Probably wasting my time but I am now making a formal complaint to the Ministry For Internal Affairs of the Russian Federation against Yobit.  https://en.mvd.ru/

Dig Bicks

Activity: 348
Merit: 22

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 01:48:21 AM

Yobit is an obvious scam, I've been saying this from the start. All users advertising yobit exchange in their signatures should be red trusted.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: