Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 02:09:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can ethereum be beat Bitcoin  (Read 2038 times)
rezmo

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 04:39:31 PM

actually, we can not predict anything about future but if look at the present situation we can see a huge dip in bitcoin ( to me its shopping time  Cool ) total cryptomarket was blood bathed, bitcoin is the king of crypto world I don't think there is any coin exist to take place of bitcoin. but Ethereum will be 2n bitcoin in the crypto world like a little brother future is clear

Warren Buffert

Activity: 364
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 04:40:37 PM

actually, we can not predict anything about future but if look at the present situation we can see a huge dip in bitcoin ( to me its shopping time  Cool ) total cryptomarket was blood bathed, bitcoin is the king of crypto world I don't think there is any coin exist to take place of bitcoin. but Ethereum will be 2n bitcoin in the crypto world like a little brother future is clear

And as we're seeing now btc is going down and eth follows. There is only 1 leader.
ilovestroberi

Activity: 97
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 04:45:19 PM

Ethereum is mooning incredibly with stability, But bitcoin still a volatile coin. Lots of crypto expert telling that 2018 Will be for Ethereum. So, what do you think, Can Ethereum beat Bitcoin?

Sorry For bad English. I am trying to improve it.

Thank You, everyone.

I think Ethereum can't beat Bitcoin. They have a huge difference in popularity. Some investors will choose the Bitcoin that the Etheruem. But we can't predict what will happen in the Cryptocurrency this 2018. It's possibility is not equal to 0 but who knows, someday eth will beat btc.

boogy07

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 04:47:04 PM

Ethereum is mooning incredibly with stability, But bitcoin still a volatile coin. Lots of crypto expert telling that 2018 Will be for Ethereum. So, what do you think, Can Ethereum beat Bitcoin?

Thank You, everyone.

Why do you care if Ethereum "beats" Bitcoin? Are you going to win some prize?

If you are interested in gaining by investing in cryptos, then I suggest you look at the projects that can 10x, 100x, or 1000x from their current price, and how much of those you hold.

Who is going to be leading, or greatest, or most popular or whatever is a useless metric.

onnz423

Activity: 840
Merit: 508

Make winning bets on sports with Sportsbet.io!

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 04:48:51 PM

In my opinion, there is no reason to suggest that Ethereum will EVER beat bitcoin. Yes, gas prices are cheaper than BTC tx fees at the moment, but that's simply because ETH hasn't reached the number of transactions per day that Bitcoin has managed. Bitcoin is the first, and the first nearly always wins, that is evident by the fact that BTC is worth 10x as much as Ethereum.

▄▄██████▄▄
  ████████████
███▄▄
 ██████████████▀▀▀██▄
████████████████   ▀██▄
████████████████     ▀██
██████████████       ██▌
██████████████        ▐██
██▌▀▀██████▀▀         ▐██
▐██                   ██▌
 ██▄                 ▄██
  ▀██▄             ▄██▀
    ▀██▄▄▄     ▄▄▄██▀
      ▀▀█████████▀▀

███████████████████████████
████████▀▀       ▀▀████████
█████▀   ▄ ▀███▀ ▄   ▀█████
████  ▄████▄ ▀ ▄████▄  ████
███  ▄ ▀███▀ ▄ ▀███▀ ▄  ███
██  ▄██ ▀▀ ▄███▄ ▀▀ ██▄  ██
██  █▀ ▄█ ███████ █▄ ▀█  ██
██   ▄███▄ █████ ▄███▄   ██
███  ████▀ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀████  ███
████  ▀ ▄ ▀█████▀ ▄ ▀  ████
█████▄  ▀▀▄ ███ ▄▀▀  ▄█████
████████▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████████████

█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
tuskacz

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 05:11:47 PM

Yes , ethereum will beat BTC sooner or later in market value because they can generate unlimited number of tokens whereas BTC has only 21 millions and some of them are gone forever. However BTC will always remain as bigger store value because of its price and rarity.
ovcijisir

Activity: 1493
Merit: 333

🐪

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2018, 05:17:08 PM

Thank You, everyone.

Why do you care if Ethereum "beats" Bitcoin? Are you going to win some prize?

If you are interested in gaining by investing in cryptos, then I suggest you look at the projects that can 10x, 100x, or 1000x from their current price, and how much of those you hold.

Who is going to be leading, or greatest, or most popular or whatever is a useless metric.

I agree with you to some degree. It depends what you are looking for. Some of this projects can rise 10X and more, but they are not as stable as some older cryptocurrencies (BTC, ETH ...), so it is best to sell them when their prices rise. The downside of this approach is that you must always look the prices on the market and what is going on in cryptocurrency world. If you are just looking to buy some cryprocurrency and hold it for a while (year or two) without worrying what is going on in cryptocurrencies field, it is better just to buy Ethereum and leave it and look at the price after year or two.

roshanface123

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 05:35:47 PM

In my point of view there is a chance to beat bitcoin by ethereum. Because 2018 is more favourable for ethereum. And the dull situation of bitcoin may help ethereum to overtake bitcoin.
Chrystora123

Activity: 1414
Merit: 228

Omicron is another FUD

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 06:15:13 PM

the price of Ethereum is very stable, but it's still not enough to beat Bitcoin, even though the Bitcoin transaction process is pretty slow, but that does not make Bitcoin lose his fans.

Julian Page

Activity: 27

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 12:12:41 PM

It's difficult to answer this question.bitcoin and ethereum are unique in their functionality.

Bitcoin is not governed by anyone and only open community is responsible to scale thier functionality,due to segwit hard fork Bitcoin also divided in 2 group .core and BTC.Similar thing happened with Ethereum and ethereum classic.

This forks certainly creates an issue amongst the community and investers .

However ETHEREUM has strong leadership of vitalik buterin and thier vision is clear where Ethereum should go whereas Bitcoin is just currency which store and transfer only values no contracts associated.

Definitely Ethereum has lot of scope for growth due to strong leadership whereas Bitcoin may grow potentially but it's future is uncertain as long as someone owns it.
Leo Parrish

Activity: 43

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 12:13:45 PM

I think it will, my observation is based on below points.

The transmission charges is 0.003 ETH in comparison to 0.001 to bitcoin.
Bitcoin has taken an hit because of internal politics and countries keen on implementing some tax reforms.
The energy consumption of Etherium is way too less in comparison to Bitcoin.
Bitcoin takes more time to transmit the coins while Etherium is very fast, I have even seen queries where people complain about not getting the transmitted bitcoin even after one week.
Lester Cole

Activity: 25

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 12:14:34 PM

Never. We need to understand that while Bitcoin is a currency, a means of payment, Ethereum is a platform for launching Decentralized applications.

Nature: Consider comparing Bitcoin to Gold and Ethereum to Iron Ore. Gold is a store of value and Iron Ore is the building blocks of so many things we use in daily life.
Supply: Bitcoin is deflationary whereas Ether is inflationary. There will only be 16mil BTC. The current supply of Ether is close 97mil. Using the basic principal of Demand and Supply, a commodity that is scarce will have more value - Bitcoin.
While one is a store of value/currency, the other can be looked at like a stock.

So, no, Ethereum can not overtake Bitcoin in terms of price.
|Admiral|

Activity: 448
Merit: 258

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 12:16:30 PM

In terms of technology, yes they can but wait if EThereum can beat BTC then surely NEO and LISK will because they add more value to service than just Bitcoin but if we ask in terms of speculation then ETH cannot beat BTC because of audience and elderly coexistence.
Ethan Becker

Activity: 142

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 12:16:35 PM

There's an old Chinese proverb that states, “The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now.”

If you believe in the technology behind Ethereum, then invest. Ethereum won't make you rich anytime soon, but the idea behind smart contracts — a decentralized, autonomous, peer to peer ecosystem — is what attracts most investors.
bitvelk

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 12:17:06 PM

How can you compare bitcoin and etherium? It's like comparing a toothbrush and toothpaste. Both currencies are needed in order to earn, but the technologies are completely different.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
Brian Goldman

Activity: 41

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 12:17:54 PM

Yes, it is the right time to buy Ethereum! I would buy Ethereum at the present time for the following three reasons:

(1) In the near term, the downside risk for ETH appears to be quantifiable and limited.

(2) In the near term, ETH appears to be moving upwards.

(3) In the long term, the future for ETH appears to be very bright.
Harri Wolter
Copper Member

Activity: 32

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 12:19:53 PM

If you would have asked me this a year ago, it would be Ethereum, hands down. However, I’ve come to appreciate the incredible advantages that Bitcoin has over all their competitors, like exchange network support, brand awareness and development support for Bitcoin Core.

So today, I would say either is a solid investment choice.
Rolf Walker

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 12:20:51 PM

Personally, Bitcoin. Bitcoin is a much safer bet than Ethereum.

Not to mention that I feel Ethereum is now under large threat by NEO. I actually transferred 80% of my ETH holdings into NEO a few weeks ago, and I couldn't be more pleased.

I think you should seriously consider getting BTC and NEO, instead of BTC and ETH.
Clifford Lee

Activity: 25

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 12:22:38 PM

Both of them are trying to solve different problems and I’d own both. Bitcoin on one hand wants to be the payment solution, while Ethereum is smart contracts. It’s like comparing apples and oranges. Own Both and wait.
Roland Black

Activity: 21

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 12:23:47 PM

I’d own Bitcoin and spend Ethereum.

Easy, ethereum is inflationary, bitcoin is the opposite, even when the market would reach a consensus (if ever) abour what these coins would mean for the community, this is how they’re meant.

Ethereum is designed for spending not for owning (holding).
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: