Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:42:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [ICO] Xtrade.io - Bringing Mature Financial Technologies to Cryptocurrency  (Read 1792 times)
GoBelle

Activity: 512
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 06:35:05 PM

This is probably worth a read to make your mind up on the legitimacy of Xtrade. Decent article followed by response by the developers: https://steemit.com/cryptocurrency/@xanderxietjes/xtrade-io-scam-or-just-dubious

Thanks for that article. I just read it. I'm glad to see that XTRADE responded to it and made a lot of good points. I'm not sure what the gain was for the person writing the article, but the points were pretty bad. For one, as a web developer, I have never found it "fishy" to use whois privacy. It's actually recommended for obvious security reasons. Second, it is not uncommon for people to build a working project before deciding to pay for a domain. Why pay for something you aren't actively using?

It's good that you shared that article because people should definitely do some research before blindly investing. With that said, people shouldn't always assume that privacy is a red flag and believe any article that people put together that tries to scare people out of investing in a project. There are obvious reasons why someone would choose to do that for personal gain or if it provides them with a competitive advantage. As a very careful investor, I see that XTRADE has a working and valuable product, good experience, a solid team, etc. Obviously, any investment in an ICO is a risk that you should research but I think XTRADE is pretty legit.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Pavel_zt

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 12:23:06 PM

I posted your ICO on my website.  Good luck.

https://ccurrency.io/ico/xtrade-decentralized-trading-market/
celestio

Activity: 770
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 05:43:24 PM

It's $0.10 per token in the original offering.

Alright thanks for this information, do you have an idea what the total maximum supply of XTRD tokens created for this ICO?

Good question as I had the same one when I first learned about this project. From the whitepaper (page 32):

"Instead of generating a sum of XTRD tokens in a pool prior to the TGE, XTRADE will generate tokens only as funds arrive."

Good to know, thanks. When will the token generation event be ending? I did not see a date.

I don't know how reliable listico is, but it suggests this token generation will end at the end of Feb and the public ICO will run from March 1

Thanks for your reply on that. Not sure about listico either, but at least that's a date that I can keep an eye on.

"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime" - Satoshi Nakamoto, June 17, 2010
joblessminer

Activity: 644

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 07:52:15 PM

Does Xtrade Pro Alpha cost a subscription to use, or are they using fees?
bananafana

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 05:34:37 AM

It's $0.10 per token in the original offering.

Alright thanks for this information, do you have an idea what the total maximum supply of XTRD tokens created for this ICO?

Good question as I had the same one when I first learned about this project. From the whitepaper (page 32):

"Instead of generating a sum of XTRD tokens in a pool prior to the TGE, XTRADE will generate tokens only as funds arrive."

This is also another smart way to keep token supply low by being a function of the total funds accumulated in the token sale with the hard cap and soft cap as its upper limit and lower limit.

I didn't think about it like that, but you make a good point. I wonder why I don't see this method quite as often with other project. It seems to make more sense.
deeltje

Activity: 486

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 06:30:40 PM

Does Xtrade already have a platform available for public use? I'd love to try it out if so.

That's a great question. If they have an early version for public testing, that would be really interesting. Anyone know?

From my research, I don't think there is one out yet. I hope to see one in the near future though.
joblessminer

Activity: 644

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 07:37:58 PM

Does Xtrade Pro Alpha cost a subscription to use, or are they using fees?

I still have this question and I have not found an answer in the whitepaper. I'm not sure if there is any information on this, does anyone know?
okspam

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 04:49:22 PM

The original post says that the new roadmap is coming and this was a while ago. Has it been announced yet? I'm curious to see the progress of this project, as others also seem to be. Also, the whitepaper link on the Xtrade homepage is broken for me.
khroma

Activity: 420

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 11:39:14 AM

The original post says that the new roadmap is coming and this was a while ago. Has it been announced yet? I'm curious to see the progress of this project, as others also seem to be. Also, the whitepaper link on the Xtrade homepage is broken for me.

I would advise you to try using another browser,  here is the link to the whitepaper: https://xtrade.io/white-paper/
About the new roadmap, I am also yet to see this published yet, if not in due time, it will be made available for all.
enigmatical

Activity: 588
Merit: 268

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 02:24:08 PM

I got a lot of expectations from this project, I can see Alexander stopped by at Oracle for a productive meeting. Alot of changes and partnerships is in the wraps. Good luck guys!
Vorteqs

Activity: 434

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 02:35:58 PM

As much as I know this is a good project, I think the marketing department needs to work on their strategies and ensure more global outreach for the global community and cryptocurrencies ecosystem to become aware of this project. More interactions too probably from core team on this thread would do alot of good as well.
bananafana

Activity: 378

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 05:18:51 PM

As much as I know this is a good project, I think the marketing department needs to work on their strategies and ensure more global outreach for the global community and cryptocurrencies ecosystem to become aware of this project. More interactions too probably from core team on this thread would do alot of good as well.

I think you are absolutely correct. Xtrade seems like a pretty good project. The idea of having a nice trading system is pretty cool. Yet, I think you are correct about them needing to work on marketing. Maybe it's not quite obvious because they have made it into some good articles. Also, I don't see much with the community. Hopefully they start working that front soon. Getting the community engaged is really helpful. I know many of us have a lot of questions and interest.
okspam

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 05:24:16 PM

I would advise you to try using another browser,  here is the link to the whitepaper: https://xtrade.io/white-paper/
About the new roadmap, I am also yet to see this published yet, if not in due time, it will be made available for all.

It's working today on all of my browsers. Maybe it was just my computer or a temporary thing. Sorry, and thanks for your help Smiley

I hope to see the roadmap soon. I'm curious to see the milestones for 2018.
glorhunting

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 09:53:11 PM

Has there been any discussion around xtrade.com already being an established FX and CFD trading platform? I'm confused as to whether there is any link between this ICO and the existing platform. The logos are very similar but not the same.
Crypto_Man1212

Activity: 588

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 07:59:46 PM

Has there been any discussion around xtrade.com already being an established FX and CFD trading platform? I'm confused as to whether there is any link between this ICO and the existing platform. The logos are very similar but not the same.

You know, that is a really good question. I never visited xtrade.com before, so this never came to my attention until you mentioned it. I'm very curious about this as well. Does anyone know?
deeltje

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 04:23:50 PM

I got a lot of expectations from this project, I can see Alexander stopped by at Oracle for a productive meeting. Alot of changes and partnerships is in the wraps. Good luck guys!

I am extremely excited to see some big partners coming on board. Thanks for mentioning his meeting. Otherwise, I wouldn't have known. I wonder what changes will be coming this year.
snipsnoop
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 10:56:02 PM

Two totally different companies. Xtrade.io has now re-branded to xtrd.io for exactly that reason.

deeltje

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 04:51:26 AM

Two totally different companies. Xtrade.io has now re-branded to xtrd.io for exactly that reason.

Thanks for that clarification. I'm glad to see they are rebranding. I just found the article that talks about it, for anyone who is interested: https://medium.com/xtrd/announcing-our-new-brand-xtrade-io-is-now-xtrd-6bbe71233132.
earthcoin

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2018, 07:48:29 PM

Is there anymore news about the XTRD rebrand and recent partnerships and developments? I have been following social media and Reddit and have not seen a lot. Just wondering if anyone else has another good outlet and anymore news on it.

A (real) Grass Roots Revolution :: http://www.GetEarthCoin.com >> Get Involved!
GoBelle

Activity: 512

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 03:13:37 PM

Thanks for that clarification. I'm glad to see they are rebranding. I just found the article that talks about it, for anyone who is interested: https://medium.com/xtrd/announcing-our-new-brand-xtrade-io-is-now-xtrd-6bbe71233132.

Thanks for the share Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: