Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 12:20:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: THE Place to Shop w/ Bitcoin: BitCoinWorldMarket.com  (Read 9050 times)
BitQuestr (BitCoinWorldMarket) (OP)

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 10, 2011, 06:08:25 PM

The Vitamin Shoppe is selling the Nutriva Organic Protein through amazon for $8.91, the list price is $16.00. We offer it for .96 BTC at current market rates ($14.47). Our price saves you $1.52 over the MSRP.

A google search shows other online suppliers prices vary from $8.57 to over $20 for the same product. Local prices in my area are listed as $13.99 from the Vitamin Shoppe in Boston.

As a consumer with bitcoin we have a choice.  However at the moment if you would like to pay for items in bitcoin your only choice for this particular item is through amazon via spendbitcoins.com or us.

We are very excited to see spendbitcoins.com offer their services as this opens up a lot of possibilities for the use of bitcoin.  There are plenty of products however that we carry that Amazon does not. As we grow and bring other merchants into our marketplace we hope to have more and more products that are not available anywhere else.

The benefit to shopping at BitCoin World Market rather than amazon, is that more of your money ends up back in the Bitcoin economy than other alternatives. While many of our suppliers only accept $USD, we are starting to get a growing number of new merchants that prefer to be paid in bitcoin. By shopping with us you know that we are pushing to create economic trade in bitcoin. If you are really looking for the best deals and save the most money on everything you buy, then please convert your bitcoin to dollars and shop that way! For those who want to support the bitcoin economy by shopping using bitcoin we offer you another choice.

This is only the beginning for BitCoin World Market. As we grow and offer more products we hope to continue to find the best quality and value for your bitcoin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitsalame
Donator

Activity: 714
Merit: 510

Preaching the gospel of Satoshi

View Profile
July 10, 2011, 07:34:19 PM

Guys, guys, guys.
Anyone can charge whatever they want.
If there are people willing to buy it, I can sell my used stinky shoes for $500.
If it doesn't sell, the seller might adjust the price until someone buys it.
It is simple microeconomics.

On the other hand, it is not our business to care about how much profit is getting the business.
Either he is getting a deal, or using newegg, or using amazon.com, or has a own warehouse: WHAT THE HELL DO YOU CARE? It is none of your business, as long as he delivers what he promises.
Jalum

Activity: 774
Merit: 500

Look ARROUND!

View Profile
July 10, 2011, 08:41:36 PM

Guys, guys, guys.
Anyone can charge whatever they want.
If there are people willing to buy it, I can sell my used stinky shoes for $500.
If it doesn't sell, the seller might adjust the price until someone buys it.
It is simple microeconomics.

On the other hand, it is not our business to care about how much profit is getting the business.
Either he is getting a deal, or using newegg, or using amazon.com, or has a own warehouse: WHAT THE HELL DO YOU CARE? It is none of your business, as long as he delivers what he promises.

*comes out as the champion of economics*

*begs you for pretend money in my signature*

█████████████████
         ███ ██     █     ██ ███
       ██ █████     █     █████ ██
     ███   █   █  █████  █   █   ███
   ███     █    ███ █ ███    █     ███
  ██  ███ ██ ███    █    ███ ██ ███  ██
  ██     ████       █      █████     ██
 ███   ██ █  ███    █    ███  █ ██   ███
 █ █ ██   █     ██  █  ██     █   ██ █ █
█████     █       █████       █     █████
 █ █ ██   █   ████  █  ████   █   ██ █ █
 ███   ████ ██      █      ██ ████   ███
  ██  █  █████      █      █████  █  ██
  ██ ██   ██ ████   █  ████  ██   ██ ██
   ██      █     ██████      █     ███
     ████  █   ██████████    █  ████
       ██ █████     █    ██████ ██
         ███  ██    █   ███  ███
            █████████████████
ARROUND

Telegram
ANN Thread
Bounty Thread
Whitepaper
flix
Legendary

Activity: 1227
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 11, 2011, 07:37:11 PM

This looks great.
Has anyone actually used it?

I'll give it a try, but it'd be nice to have feedback from actual buyers.
Jalum

Look ARROUND!

View Profile
July 11, 2011, 07:41:08 PM

This looks great.
Has anyone actually used it?

I'll give it a try, but it'd be nice to have feedback from actual buyers.

You should first ask the guy running it if he doubled checked the price he's charging for a given item.

█████████████████
         ███ ██     █     ██ ███
         ███  ██    █   ███  ███
            █████████████████
ARROUND

Telegram
ANN Thread
Bounty Thread
Whitepaper
ErgoOne

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 11, 2011, 08:07:49 PM

Was just over there.  It's early days yet, but the prices on hemp t-shirts are competitive with others that I've seen for sale in dollars, at the current exchange rate.  I might well purchase a couple when I've finally got bitcoins to purchase with.

This is the sort of thing that needs to be out there if you want bitcoin to become a viable currency. :-)
jostmey

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2011, 08:10:28 PM

Was just over there.  It's early days yet, but the prices on hemp t-shirts are competitive with others that I've seen for sale in dollars, at the current exchange rate.  I might well purchase a couple when I've finally got bitcoins to purchase with.

This is the sort of thing that needs to be out there if you want bitcoin to become a viable currency. :-)

I totally agree.

Search Bitcoin
Discover the bitcoin economy
Trader Steve

Activity: 836
Merit: 1007

"How do you eat an elephant? One bit at a time..."

View Profile
July 11, 2011, 08:40:48 PM

Just bought a few items and the process was easy and nice. I felt even better because I didn't have to use a traditional bank account or credit card. I'll say it again, I paid for my product totally outside of the current banking system! Grin
BitQuestr (BitCoinWorldMarket) (OP)

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 11, 2011, 08:41:34 PM

Actually our first sale when we launched was a Hemp T-Shirt! It was shipped out this morning.

Don't forget to sign up for our mailing list to get 15% off your first purchase!

Also if you have any questions feel free to contact us here http://bitcoinworldmarket.com/contactus.aspx

Trader Steve, Thanks for your order, we will process it asap!

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2011, 07:06:22 AM

We recently were reviewing our prices and found an error in our site that was actually using the manufacturer's recommended retail pricing rather than our standard preferred markup which is lower. We have since corrected the pricing on our site and we encourage you to check through our catalog again!

Thanks everyone for the fantastic feedback and the orders! All orders that were placed with the higher pricing will be receiving an email notice concerning the price change and a refund of the overcharged bitcoin!

We really appreciate all of the response and feedback!

Wait...wait...wait.

So you added items to your "inventory", then you published them for sale.  When myself and others called you out for pricegouging, you claimed it was because your suppliers were charging you too much.  But now it's because you didn't click the right checkbox when setting up your webstore?

The circus...it never ends.

This is total BS. I see a good website with BitQuestr being totally professional and up front, while Jalum tries to stick it up his *** every chance he can. It takes a heck of a lot to piss me off, and I hate to say it, but I'm almost their.

BTW, I changed the title of one of my YouTube videos yesterday and posted it on this board. Prior, I had 2 likes and 0 dislikes. It's now 2 likes and 3 dislikes. It doesn't concern me what it shows on YouTube for others to see. What concerns me is the mentally I see and read on this board, and now the actions they would take when given an opportunity. I LOVE BITCOIN, but these naysayers need to...(frankly, I don't know what the "need to" is, but I'm sure it's something). There are some great people on this board with great ideas, yet the trolls (beginning to hate that word--in fact, I know I HATE the word "hate") seem to want to diss them just for the sake of dissing. I was kindly accepted in your home (this forum). If I were in your real home and I acted like a JO, how long would it take you to kick me out the door with your foot squarely up my donkey? There was a door to enter this forum. I suggest we use the same door to kick the MF'ers to the curb.

Sorry for the rant all. Just had to get it off my chest. I'll feel better now, since changing my iPad (humor).

Here's that video I mentioned above: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4OzXjOKi9Q Read the description for a quick chuckle. Readers of this forum would understand the humor.

flix
Legendary

View Profile
July 12, 2011, 05:01:57 PM

This is a great site, I don't care if there is a small markup. The mere action of adding 10.000+ products to the bitcoin economy is a huge boost and I hope that you guys make a ton of money with your shop.

Hopefully your success will breed competition and we'll have 4 or 5 big bitcoin retailers in six months.
Jalum

Look ARROUND!

View Profile
July 12, 2011, 06:04:20 PM

This is total BS. I see a good website with BitQuestr being totally professional and up front, while Jalum tries to stick it up his *** every chance he can. It takes a heck of a lot to piss me off, and I hate to say it, but I'm almost their.

Totally professional and upfront?  Like when he claimed his supplier was charging him $59 for an item that the consumer can buy, retail, for $20?  Or like when all the prices on his website were too high because they were set for MSRP, not because he was trying to fleece moronic bitcoiners, right?

What does your stupid video have to do with bitcoins, though?

█████████████████
         ███ ██     █     ██ ███
         ███  ██    █   ███  ███
            █████████████████
ARROUND

Telegram
ANN Thread
Bounty Thread
Whitepaper
TraderTimm
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1121

View Profile
July 13, 2011, 01:55:45 PM

Totally professional and upfront?  Like when he claimed his supplier was charging him $59 for an item that the consumer can buy, retail, for $20?  Or like when all the prices on his website were too high because they were set for MSRP, not because he was trying to fleece moronic bitcoiners, right?

What does your stupid video have to do with bitcoins, though?

You're doing it wrong, Jalumtroll, needs more bold emphasis and other wacky assertions. Only going by prior examples, of course. But keep trying, I'm sure you'll get your troll-diploma soon, after all the hard work you've put into it.

fortitudinem multis - catenum regit omnia
logansryche

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 13, 2011, 02:39:52 PM

I just think it's good see more and more business' open up to bitcoin(even with the recent ups and downs). I'm just kicking myself now for not looking for an alternative to Open Cart >.< (if Jonathan designed the site, he'd know what I'm talking about).
Dansker

Activity: 740

Hello world!

View Profile
July 13, 2011, 02:50:11 PM

It takes a heck of a lot to piss me off, and I hate to say it, but I'm almost their.

Their? Their what? Don't leave us hanging like that, broheme Wink

On a more serious note, Jalum needs to cut down his hissy fit tantrum throwing. If you think unjust prices are being charged, then it's fair enough to point that out, but please do so in a sober tone.  If you still feel like you have a point, then open a competing business and offer a lower price with the same service, or kindly shut the fuck up.

Hope this new business venture can bring some more life into Bitcoin trading!

ShaggyB (BitCoinWorldMarket)

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2011, 08:28:11 PM

I just think it's good see more and more business' open up to bitcoin(even with the recent ups and downs). I'm just kicking myself now for not looking for an alternative to Open Cart >.< (if Jonathan designed the site, he'd know what I'm talking about).

Indeed! I had to do some serious modifications to the shopping cart in the framework we use. It was fun though and seems to be working like a champ!

Thank you everyone for your support and well wishes and especially for keeping this thread going. I enjoy hearing feedback on what we've created.

Jonathan
edasvangen

Activity: 34

View Profile
July 14, 2011, 01:47:59 AM

Any international shipping available? if not, when can we expect to see it? and how much would it cost? I would personally prefer slower and cheaper shipping over overpriced 7-10 day shipping for hundreds of bucks..

I'm ready to place an order! So give us international shipping please! Smiley
ShaggyB (BitCoinWorldMarket)

Activity: 32

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2011, 03:43:58 AM

Any international shipping available? if not, when can we expect to see it? and how much would it cost? I would personally prefer slower and cheaper shipping over overpriced 7-10 day shipping for hundreds of bucks..

I'm working on it this very moment! I know there are a lot of you out there waiting for international shipping. I just ask you bare with us a little while longer. We've been working to find the services that will work the best without charging $200 for a 2 Lb package.

This is currently the highest priority to get out the door.

Thanks again for all of your support
Jeremy West spendbitcoins.com

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2011, 03:43:03 AM

Try spendbitcoins.com. You can shop around from there at stores that accept bitcoin such as Memory Dealers and bitcoinworldmarket.com and compare prices with stores that accept bitcoins indirectly through us such as Amazon & Buy.com. Either way, you can buy in bitcoins in whichever way you prefer, the cheaper way, or the less hassle way.

flix
Legendary

View Profile
July 20, 2011, 08:55:19 AM

second that
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: