Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 03:38:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEW XBY ANN] XTRABYTES - THE BLOCKCHAIN EVOLUTION CONTINUES  (Read 10889 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
smokim87

Activity: 952
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 09:27:21 AM

hmm network has been stuck since yesterday...not seeing anything about it or what the issue is. Last block 385255 as of Feb 3 21:32:49 (UTC).

Any ideas why?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Sabih

Activity: 141
Merit: 6

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 11:59:02 AM

Are devs in negotiations with Yobit about wallet update? My xby are in Yobit. I am afraid I am not the only one... Or we have to assume our funds lost due to Yobit lazyness, conscious or unconscious. No difference!

I sold my XBY on Yobit, switched to ETH and with ETH the withdrawal worked. Never going back to Yobit again. Got some XEM there as well, withdrawal did not work for those as well. I am just glad to be out of there. Afterwards I went to Cryptopia, where everything worked just fine.
CryptonPrime

Activity: 154
Merit: 2

HAcken.io HKN 5kk max suply

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2018, 04:26:54 PM

Are devs in negotiations with Yobit about wallet update? My xby are in Yobit. I am afraid I am not the only one... Or we have to assume our funds lost due to Yobit lazyness, conscious or unconscious. No difference!

I sold my XBY on Yobit, switched to ETH and with ETH the withdrawal worked. Never going back to Yobit again. Got some XEM there as well, withdrawal did not work for those as well. I am just glad to be out of there. Afterwards I went to Cryptopia, where everything worked just fine.

Yobit is scam exchange  Roll Eyes

My only dream is to ensure family safety. <3
cryptodv

Activity: 1092
Merit: 507

btcstakes.com

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2018, 04:57:15 PM

A lot of good news coming out the $XBY camp as of recently, investors and potential investors should take advantage of these prices. I think XTRABYTES has Ethereum type potential.  Wink

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY     
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.       
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.   
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency       
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.   
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
brightlight
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 06:20:56 PM

Any ideas, how much of XBY are stuck in Yobit?

Their actions or disfunctionality makes it scam exchange!

And this is just one of many coins...
fishfishfish313

Activity: 546
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 06:37:02 PM

After releasing the information regarding the first coordinated stress-test, we announced a second strike was to come. The second strike has now concluded and the results have been processed. This will be a short announcement, as everything what had to be said regarding the testnet was already stated in our first update, which can be found here:
https://community.xtrabytes.global/threads/results-from-the-coordinated-strike-1.531/

Summary

During our first coordinated strike we simulated real-world environments (individual transactions with one output) through our test-tools. During the second strike, sendmany() commands were spammed across the network to try and simulate as much traffic as possible with the relatively small number of participants (around 100 out of 512+ registered). Many people also encountered wallet errors, ran out of funds or had other problems, yet we still managed to reach a 5x increase in transaction speeds compared to the previous strike, reaching 107 tps.

Please be aware that our new technology, including the new X-CITE wallet, is completely coded from scratch. Therefore, it will look and function completely different. This should resolve all the current issues we’re having with the wallets.

Further Analysis

In our next steps we will analyze and process the hardware specifications from the systems used for the nodes and their performance. Public github commits (https://github.com/borzalom/xcite) are also released regarding the X-CITE client (you can also follow them on our discord channel #github). As an official reply to address a concern some people have regarding the patent: we are not held back by the patent, there is plenty of development going on in the background ensuring that a high quality product can be delivered.

Last but not least, Borzalom has compiled a new testnet wallet containing extra code that requires testing. We plan to test the limits of the PoSign algorithm once more by adjusting the block parameters, with block sizes being increased to 50 MB and block times being reduced to a minimum of 6 seconds. Therefore, testnet #3 will be extended. Details for a coordinated effort will follow. The testnet block explorer and the respective transactions per second can be found at: http://xcite.xtrabytes.services/. Blocks with over 500 tps have already been registered, even though this wasn’t through an official coordinated stress-test.

As a general remark regarding which hardware specifications are best to produce high tps, it is a combination of the CPU, disk performance (SSD being obviously better than a HDD) and the chain acceptance speed. The wallet occasionally freezes due to the old chain, but will be improved with the upcoming testnet wallet.

The Next Steps

We are aiming to have two additional Coordinated Strikes at different dates and times to accommodate for global time differences using the newest wallet (version 5), which can be found at the following link by Monday, February 5th:

https://testnet.xtrabytes.global/

Please download and test it beforehand to ensure smooth operation during the actual stress-test events, which are scheduled for:

February 7th @ 9PM Eastern Standard Time (For USA Participants)

February 8th @ 9PM GMT +0 (For EU Participants)

This will hopefully be the last coordinated strike we do on our old chain before moving over to the new and improved Zoltchain.

Closing

We would like to thank all the participants again for helping XTRABYTES with our testnet. The intel gathered from these testnets is invaluable in order to create a solid product.

https://community.xtrabytes.global/threads/results-of-coordinated-strike-2-and-whats-to-come.552/

I'll one shot you with the Wingman from the top of Skulltown - Apex
fishfishfish313

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 06:39:38 PM

hmm network has been stuck since yesterday...not seeing anything about it or what the issue is. Last block 385255 as of Feb 3 21:32:49 (UTC).

Any ideas why?

Our blockchain was not synchronizing properly with our official wallets. After digging through the issue we discovered that one of our Virtual Private Servers had hit a 'full disk' error and was halting the network. This error can be attributed to the old chain relying on servers to accomplish block generations. To solve the issue, our developers provided additional space to the VPS thus enabling the network to synchronize and go live without any further issues. All of your coins are safe and the network is up and running as of February 4th @ 10:30 GMT +0

ManOnMission

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 06:06:52 AM

Any plans to add Ledger nano support? Feeling not so good to hold XBYs in an exchange Sad

**********VIA Coin*********
fishfishfish313

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 06:55:30 AM

Any plans to add Ledger nano support? Feeling not so good to hold XBYs in an exchange Sad

Yes, there are plans. No date, as of yet, but please stay tuned.

Update on other platforms:

https://medium.com/@XTRABYTES/results-of-coordinated-strike-2-and-whats-to-come-82ca7eab0f1

https://steemit.com/cryptocurrency/@xtrabytes/results-of-testnet-coordinated-strike-2-what-s-next

moneyball

Activity: 160

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2018, 07:40:29 AM

Vote for xby to get listed on www.eucoin.io !

Binance - https://bit.ly/3h0je7f (10% kickback commission)
Huobi - https://bit.ly/35YEXq2 (15% cashback commission)
zeth^

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 09:59:49 AM

Hey there everyone!

I just finished reading the whitepaper and was hoping one of the developers could answer a few questions I have with the VITALS private virtual network.

1. You say the VITALS private network is proprietary, does this mean the code is closed off to everyone else?

2. You say it's a private network that is directly connected to the static nodes on the public network, is the private network central? and if so who's hosting this private network?

thanks, really looking forward to learning more about this project

Hey, I'm still waiting on a developer to answer question number 2

Seems that Delphinus wrote previously that the code is being reviewed for a patents, or some kind of licensing before it's open sourced

But question 2 remains to be answered
Delphinus

Activity: 560
Merit: 112

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 01:28:13 PM

Hey there everyone!

I just finished reading the whitepaper and was hoping one of the developers could answer a few questions I have with the VITALS private virtual network.

1. You say the VITALS private network is proprietary, does this mean the code is closed off to everyone else?

2. You say it's a private network that is directly connected to the static nodes on the public network, is the private network central? and if so who's hosting this private network?

thanks, really looking forward to learning more about this project

Hey, I'm still waiting on a developer to answer question number 2

Seems that Delphinus wrote previously that the code is being reviewed for a patents, or some kind of licensing before it's open sourced

But question 2 remains to be answered

Hi Zeth,

Borzalom usually doesn't read BCT; but you can submit any question you have here:
https://goo.gl/forms/MBgqOMhjTSjAOOq83

The next Q/A session is in 2 days (on the 7th).

My understanding of the private network is that the nodes set up a VPN to communicate with each other.

Delphinus

Activity: 560
Merit: 112

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 12:49:06 PM

Gents, I know crypto is depressing lately, but we should really give some more attention to our ANN.

No new posts in 2 days...today is the 777, exiting times!

fishfishfish313

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 02:49:23 PM

Gents, I know crypto is depressing lately, but we should really give some more attention to our ANN.

No new posts in 2 days...today is the 777, exiting times!

It's not depressing today Delphinus  Grin

Yes, the 777 is in a few hours. It will be posted here and across all Socials. Stay tuned!

fishfishfish313

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 07:12:03 PM

February Edition of the 777 Q and A:

https://blog.xtrabytes.global/borzalom/777-xtrabytes-february-q-borzalom/

ManOnMission

Activity: 85

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 07:54:46 PM

I am sorry to say I couldnt quite grasp the idea of locking xby coins in node  Huh What does it means to coins stored in paper wallets or xchanges? Do that too get locked up and not be available for trade? Huh Huh

**********VIA Coin*********
FoxNewsOnline

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 12:53:20 AM

I am sorry to say I couldnt quite grasp the idea of locking xby coins in node  Huh What does it means to coins stored in paper wallets or xchanges? Do that too get locked up and not be available for trade? Huh Huh

Only the coins of people who want to run a node (and have enough XBY to do it) will get locked up - coins stored on paper wallets or in exchanges will be available and ready to trade.
mapie88

Activity: 128

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 11:13:17 AM

I am sorry to say I couldnt quite grasp the idea of locking xby coins in node  Huh What does it means to coins stored in paper wallets or xchanges? Do that too get locked up and not be available for trade? Huh Huh

Only the coins of people who want to run a node (and have enough XBY to do it) will get locked up - coins stored on paper wallets or in exchanges will be available and ready to trade.

Exactly, only the coins of people who want to lock them up in their wallets and run a node will actually be taken out of circulation. Everyone are free to trade their coins when they want to.

fishfishfish313

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 02:49:33 PM

A friendly reminder:

What is most likely the last coordinated network strike of testnet 3 is in a few hours:

February 8th @ 9PM GMT +0 (For EU Participants)

We will be using the sendmany command for this . .

Instructions can be found here:

https://testnet.xtrabytes.global/

lijoe408

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 05:28:55 AM

Is there audio of Borz answering these questions?  The questions and answers sound so fake.  I thought 777 was for people to talk to Borz, not blog some predetermined questions.  Stuff like this makes me scratch my head about xby.  The whole time Borz is portrayed as reclusive programmer, non native english speaker who let's CCR do all the business.  Now all of a sudden Borz is talking about SEO, branding, and breaking down detailed marketing campaigns?  This sounds like some generic filler written by the old random guy hired to write for XBY.  I have a hard time believing that this is really borz giving these answers, and that these are actually the questions that the community wanted answered.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
   Anonymity Guaranteed
   Anonymous and Untraceable
   Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: