Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 08:44:14 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEW XBY ANN] XTRABYTES - THE BLOCKCHAIN EVOLUTION CONTINUES  (Read 10896 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
lijoe408

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 10:04:28 PM

Update: Borzalom and CCR Discuss Patent Progress

https://blog.xtrabytes.global/security/xtrabytes-moves-forward-with-patent-process/

Recording Date: February 12th, 2018
Recording Length: 00:09:51
Details of Transcript: CCRevolution & Borzalom Discuss Patent Status
Audio:  mp3 Link

https://blog.xtrabytes.global/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/XBY_BorzCCRConvo_v1.mp3

I listened  to the audio and i'm very confused.  I though anyone practicing patent law usually comes from a technical background in a field i.e. Technology, Science and is either required to be subject matter expert, or employ SME.  The notion that they're trying to sell this as an idea so hard to grasp that it may take many additional months to get a patent filed seems weird.  Patent lawyers deal with complex ideas all the time in many different sectors, and I'm pretty sure this isn't the most complex thing that's come across  the table.  If the ideas are well laid out, it shouldn't take a computer science major any more than a few afternoons to grasp these concepts.  Heck alot of people on this forum are non-technical and can understand projects from reading whitepapers. 

It feels like they are always releasing just teasing enough information to keep the casual investor satisfied, but never the finer details to give the project more credibility. 

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
   Anonymity Guaranteed
   Anonymous and Untraceable
   Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
smokim87

Activity: 952
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 01:10:26 AM

https://blog.xtrabytes.global/security/xtrabytes-moves-forward-with-patent-process/

Audio:  mp3 Link

https://blog.xtrabytes.global/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/XBY_BorzCCRConvo_v1.mp3

I listened  to the audio and i'm very confused.  I though anyone practicing patent law usually comes from a technical background in a field i.e. Technology, Science and is either required to be subject matter expert, or employ SME.  The notion that they're trying to sell this as an idea so hard to grasp that it may take many additional months to get a patent filed seems weird.  Patent lawyers deal with complex ideas all the time in many different sectors, and I'm pretty sure this isn't the most complex thing that's come across  the table.  If the ideas are well laid out, it shouldn't take a computer science major any more than a few afternoons to grasp these concepts.  Heck alot of people on this forum are non-technical and can understand projects from reading whitepapers.  

It feels like they are always releasing just teasing enough information to keep the casual investor satisfied, but never the finer details to give the project more credibility.  

In my opinion there shouldn't be a patent for the tech, decentralization and patents contradict each other. I know the tech will be available for the XBY community but what defines an XBY community member? I am with open sourcing the tech to be honest, every other new tech in crypto is opened source off course there's going to be clones alot of shit clones but some clones that might improve upon the tech. The original coin that created and developed the tech will be king. We can see that with alot of coins (Dash, LTC, ZCASH, ETH...etc) but yet non of their clones have even been able to reach their level and never will.

One has to ask what happens if the patent filing gets rejected? Will the tech then be opened source?

I know there's a bounty for finding vulnerabilities in the tech but has there been a security audit of the code and vulnerability testing? If so by whom?

Inskchen

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 04:40:03 AM

I did not understand, there are signatures but I did not see the reward. Does this project have a bounty company?
XBY-Guy

Activity: 113
Merit: 1

In XBY we trust

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2018, 07:34:14 AM

XBY is dying...1800 sats...still no info?

https://www.reddit.com/r/XtraBYtes/comments/7yssy5/found_this_in_another_sub_thought_it_was_very/  Wink

XTRABYTES - The Proof Of Signature Blockchain Revolution (https://xtrabytes.global)
hasar_fa

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 07:38:34 AM

STATIC nodes are the backbone of the XTRABYTES.
guys have distinguished themselves I look have improved safety with Proof-of-Signature (PoSign)
hasar_fa

Activity: 28

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 09:08:36 AM

Overall, I like this project, only thing I don't like is the 1 XBY transfer fee, like the 1 NXT fee for NXT. When XBY will be over $1 it will be consider high compared to ETH for example.

The transfer fee won't stay at 1 XBY in the future. It will be flexible.

Quite fun that everyone was complaining about the 75 XBY fee last month. Now it's reduced to 1 and still complaints  Grin

Wow, no idea it was 75, I have been looking to buy in for about a month, no XBY so far Smiley
Will buy at next dip, XBY ftw!

How much fee now? 75 XBY?
Does they planning to launch some ICO on their platform in near future?

The fee is at 1 XBY now. With Alpha release, this will be reduced further. It's a dApp platform, not necessarily an ICO platform (atm).
Alpha release when will take place?
Zeehenk

Activity: 399

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 03:16:03 PM

XBY is one of the most promising project around. Looking torward to seeing first testing on new net with anxiety. Good work.
If it's promising, why fail?

Nothing goes up in a straight line.

cap_spock

Activity: 84
Merit: 27

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 04:00:25 PM

Nice project
Zeehenk

Activity: 399

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 07:31:44 PM

Do we have any news on the patent btw? The price is dropping too much for me to bare we're gonna be buying XBY for 200 sats at this rate Cry

Just relax, mate. It's not going to 200sats and news will come when it's here. Learn to have patience if you want to gain in the crypto game. Patience will be rewarded.
You posted several times in the past few days with little substance. Just hang back and relax... I rather see substantial growth than an explosion followed by an implosion.

DanyAC

Activity: 37

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 11:51:05 PM

I listened  to the audio and i'm very confused.  I though anyone practicing patent law usually comes from a technical background in a field i.e. Technology, Science and is either required to be subject matter expert, or employ SME.  The notion that they're trying to sell this as an idea so hard to grasp that it may take many additional months to get a patent filed seems weird.  Patent lawyers deal with complex ideas all the time in many different sectors, and I'm pretty sure this isn't the most complex thing that's come across  the table.  If the ideas are well laid out, it shouldn't take a computer science major any more than a few afternoons to grasp these concepts.  Heck alot of people on this forum are non-technical and can understand projects from reading whitepapers.  

In my opinion there shouldn't be a patent for the tech, decentralization and patents contradict each other. I know the tech will be available for the XBY community but what defines an XBY community member? I am with open sourcing the tech to be honest, every other new tech in crypto is opened source off course there's going to be clones alot of shit clones but some clones that might improve upon the tech. The original coin that created and developed the tech will be king. We can see that with alot of coins (Dash, LTC, ZCASH, ETH...etc) but yet non of their clones have even been able to reach their level and never will.

One has to ask what happens if the patent filing gets rejected? Will the tech then be opened source?

I know there's a bounty for finding vulnerabilities in the tech but has there been a security audit of the code and vulnerability testing? If so by whom?

The project will be open sourced after patent is "pending", apparently
smokim87

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 01:07:49 AM

But isn't the goal of having a patent is to prevent others from copying it and benefiting from it?
smokim87

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 02:31:53 AM

Might try here, curious to see if they actually don't want any coins/cash for listing or any insider info like others ask for:https://medium.com/cobinhood/how-to-get-your-coin-listed-on-cobinhood-exchange-c8a77cfb2c69
DanyAC

Activity: 37

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 12:13:31 PM

But isn't the goal of having a patent is to prevent others from copying it and benefiting from it?

Right, my understanding is that when they have the "pending" status of the patent is safe to open source it
fishfishfish313

Activity: 546
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 03:46:25 PM

February 21, 2018 - Development Update

With this development update we would like to give our community some insights into what has been happening behind the scenes at XTRABYTES and what is to come.
Our XCITE development team has been hard at work on improving the client. Therefore, we are delighted to release v0.1.2 of XCITE that can now be connected to the current testnet wallet via Remote Procedure Call (RPC).

https://blog.xtrabytes.global/xtrabytes-news/xtrabytes-february-development-update/

The following features have been added to the XCITE client and can now be used

• Ability to send XBY
  • Create new addresses
  • Pulls the account list from the testnet wallet
  • Pulls the transaction history from the testnet wallet
  • Improved module and view navigation
  • Added XCITE -> Receive Coins view and data model
  • Added XCITE -> Send Coins view and data model
  • Added XCITE -> History view and model
  • Added many new and improved existing reusable controls, including:

Address Book
Value slider
Date Picker
Checkboxes
Text Input
Buttons

• Replaced placeholder icons and improved existing ones
  • Improved Login view performance
    • Added clipboard support
    • Improved UI polish, including button hovering animations
    • Resized large balances instead of overflowing

You can find our latest XCITE client (currently v0.1.2) at:
    https://github.com/borzalom/xcite/releases/tag/v0.1.2

I'll one shot you with the Wingman from the top of Skulltown - Apex
Delphinus

Activity: 560
Merit: 112

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 09:25:20 PM

February 21, 2018 - Development Update

With this development update we would like to give our community some insights into what has been happening behind the scenes at XTRABYTES and what is to come.
Our XCITE development team has been hard at work on improving the client. Therefore, we are delighted to release v0.1.2 of XCITE that can now be connected to the current testnet wallet via Remote Procedure Call (RPC).

https://blog.xtrabytes.global/xtrabytes-news/xtrabytes-february-development-update/

The following features have been added to the XCITE client and can now be used

• Ability to send XBY
  • Create new addresses
  • Pulls the account list from the testnet wallet
  • Pulls the transaction history from the testnet wallet
  • Improved module and view navigation
  • Added XCITE -> Receive Coins view and data model
  • Added XCITE -> Send Coins view and data model
  • Added XCITE -> History view and model
  • Added many new and improved existing reusable controls, including:

Address Book
Value slider
Date Picker
Checkboxes
Text Input
Buttons

• Replaced placeholder icons and improved existing ones
  • Improved Login view performance
    • Added clipboard support
    • Improved UI polish, including button hovering animations
    • Resized large balances instead of overflowing

You can find our latest XCITE client (currently v0.1.2) at:
    https://github.com/borzalom/xcite/releases/tag/v0.1.2

Very nice to see the new wallet working! Thanks for the update as always!

elisons

Activity: 69

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 07:16:19 PM

the price is dropping fast why?

boots! no sell!! boots taking advantage of the low volume to create panic sales and they buy!
fishfishfish313

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 09:58:15 PM

We are pleased to announce our first bounty on the Bounty0x Platform:

Find a vulnerability in the XFUEL Proof of Signature network - Feb 21, 2018 - Mar 21, 2018

5,000 - 1,000,000 XFUEL will be awarded based on the level of the exploit.

XTRABYTES wants to guarantee a safe environment for all of its users and is looking for people to find bugs or loopholes in the XFUEL Proof of Signature network. More specifically, we are interested in any potential vulnerabilities giving anyone or anything the ability to change blocks and/or execute invalid transactions.

https://alpha.bounty0x.io/bounties/37667

Ronin35

Activity: 136
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 11:00:31 PM

It seems to be an interesting project!It could be a good investiment!
Cuem

Activity: 31

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 11:46:37 PM

XBY is now listed on Coin Falcon Exchange

BTC and ETH pairings are both live.

https://coinfalcon.com/hodl/XBY-BTC

https://coinfalcon.com/hodl/XBY-ETH

Yes, those are the real URL's. HODL  Grin

https://twitter.com/CoinFalcon/status/963754276794392583

there's no volume Sad
fishfishfish313

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 03:22:12 PM

XTRABYTES Discord TipBot Goes Live (Beta Test Wallet Version)

Created by team member nrocy, so when ypou see him in the Discord, be sure to thank him.

The motivations behind creating the tipbot were to:

▪ Make the Discord more exciting for the community
▪ Incentivize people to do good and help out since they might get a few XBY as a tip
▪ Promote use of XBY as a micro-currency for communities
▪ Potentially extensible for use on the Testnet to help send XBY around to testers without having to share addresses

Read the blog here: https://blog.xtrabytes.global/xby-community/xtrabytes-tipbot-goes-live-test-wallet-version/

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: