Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 11:35:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEW XBY ANN] XTRABYTES - THE BLOCKCHAIN EVOLUTION CONTINUES  (Read 10889 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
lijoe408

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 09:11:39 PM

Update: Borzalom and CCR Discuss Patent Progress

https://blog.xtrabytes.global/security/xtrabytes-moves-forward-with-patent-process/

Recording Date: February 12th, 2018
Recording Length: 00:09:51
Details of Transcript: CCRevolution & Borzalom Discuss Patent Status
Audio:  mp3 Link

https://blog.xtrabytes.global/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/XBY_BorzCCRConvo_v1.mp3

I listened  to the audio and i'm very confused.  I though anyone practicing patent law usually comes from a technical background in a field i.e. Technology, Science and is either required to be subject matter expert, or employ SME.  The notion that they're trying to sell this as an idea so hard to grasp that it may take many additional months to get a patent filed seems weird.  Patent lawyers deal with complex ideas all the time in many different sectors, and I'm pretty sure this isn't the most complex thing that's come across  the table.  If the ideas are well laid out, it shouldn't take a computer science major any more than a few afternoons to grasp these concepts.  Heck alot of people on this forum are non-technical and can understand projects from reading whitepapers.  

It feels like they are always releasing just teasing enough information to keep the casual investor satisfied, but never the finer details to give the project more credibility.  

In my opinion there shouldn't be a patent for the tech, decentralization and patents contradict each other. I know the tech will be available for the XBY community but what defines an XBY community member? I am with open sourcing the tech to be honest, every other new tech in crypto is opened source off course there's going to be clones alot of shit clones but some clones that might improve upon the tech. The original coin that created and developed the tech will be king. We can see that with alot of coins (Dash, LTC, ZCASH, ETH...etc) but yet non of their clones have even been able to reach their level and never will.

One has to ask what happens if the patent filing gets rejected? Will the tech then be opened source?

I know there's a bounty for finding vulnerabilities in the tech but has there been a security audit of the code and vulnerability testing? If so by whom?

I think 90% of the people wish there was no patent or corporation being formed around xby.  It's pretty likely CCR is calling the shots on this.  I have no idea while it looks like it's going to take half a year to file a patent application.  The average patent filing according  to google is 2 weeks.  By the  time the  patent is filed and the code is released, it might already be too late.  The majority of the blockchain developers are in crypto now and are choosing platforms.  This is an arms race and it seems like xby is intentionally handicapping themselves by trying to implement these things that have no precedent in crypto.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
   Anonymity Guaranteed
   Anonymous and Untraceable
   Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
fishfishfish313

Activity: 546
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 11:52:18 PM

Update on Cryptopia:

https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/News

Message from CEO Alan Booth
Dear Valued Cryptopians

I am privileged to have been appointed by the Board as the first CEO of Cryptopia Ltd. Whilst this is an incredibly exciting opportunity to head up a leading cryptocurrency exchange and an innovator in the Fintech sector, I am aware that there are a number of very urgent priorities to address to ensure greater customer satisfaction and trust.

Cryptopia has experienced incredibly fast growth (last quarter our user base grew by an astounding 940%) and as with any company expanding at this pace, we have faced many challenges associated with this growth. My commitment to you, our customer, is that our team will be 100% focussed on the short term urgent priorities of faster support response times, improved user experience and enhanced transparency and security.

We acknowledge those that are suffering due to extended delays around support response times and I do understand the frustration. We apologise that you have experienced these issues and I guarantee that this will dramatically improve as we increase resource and attention in this area.

Please ensure that you continue to lodge support queries through the appropriate channel. It also helps the team to close resolved tickets so they can prioritise. Directly contacting the team via social media channels won’t lead to a faster resolution and we ask for your patience as we improve our systems and processes in this area. Remember, I have only just arrived and the changes we make are for the good of all and will lead to the fastest resolution of all outstanding issues.

My experience in working with tech start-ups demonstrates I am well placed to drive Cryptopia forward and under my leadership, Cryptopia will continue to evolve from a counter-culture start-up into a global player in the Fintech industry.

Rest assured there are no more excuses – the team here are truly dedicated and focused on delivering a fast, secure and customer focussed cryptocurrency exchange. And we are here for the long game.

You have my commitment to make weekly updates across all media and we will be honest and diligent in our dealings with you.

Best wishes
Alan Booth

I'll one shot you with the Wingman from the top of Skulltown - Apex
95do

Activity: 208
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 04:58:59 AM

what happened with this coin this should have been a $50 coin by now Huh
VALTER 1017

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 09:51:09 AM

Withdraw money from Yobit, as long as there is a chance or do not say later that you were not warned !
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=13&v=FXWLDi8i7YM
MrAhab

Activity: 45

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 03:12:16 PM

This project is being left in the dust...
VALTER 1017

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 09:35:16 AM
Last edit: February 25, 2018, 09:47:54 AM by VALTER 1017

Yes, sales are falling all the time ... unfortunately
happybot

Activity: 10

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 02:23:15 PM

What's with Yobit. I'm not able to withdraw my XBY balance from Yobit, since it keeps saying 'Wallet Maintenance' for more than 2 days.

How long would maintenance normally take?
happybot

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 02:38:30 PM

Withdraw money from Yobit, as long as there is a chance or do not say later that you were not warned !

no idea what to do now. i'm not able to withdraw my xby tokens.
Lorythril

Activity: 49

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 02:52:34 PM

Convert to a coin you can withdraw (something low fee like doge), move over to cryptopia and rebuy there.
VALTER 1017

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 04:22:43 PM
Last edit: February 26, 2018, 10:34:27 AM by VALTER 1017

What's with Yobit. I'm not able to withdraw my XBY balance from Yobit, since it keeps saying 'Wallet Maintenance' for more than 2 days.

How long would maintenance normally take?

In fact, updating the XBY purse on yobit lasts almost two months!
happybot

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 08:21:06 PM

Convert to a coin you can withdraw (something low fee like doge), move over to cryptopia and rebuy there.

Thank you. I did have some loss doing this. but, that's okay as my coins are safe.
fishfishfish313

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 09:25:08 PM

New blog post written by CCRevolution:

Before getting started, I want to thank the XTRABYTES community for their patience during these past several weeks. I have recently met with the XTRABYTES managers and a few other key members of our team to define future developments and organize various details as we continue to move forward.

On that note, I think it is crucial to reiterate the amazing job our teams are doing. The work happening behind the scenes on all levels, as well as on the front lines, is very encouraging and exciting. Several teams are being streamlined and plans to bring on more people are in the works (more below). Several new development teams will be created for various aspects of the XTRABYTES project and although we will not be ready to move on many fronts until after the patent applications are completed, I think that now is a very good time for anyone interested in helping to let it be known to our management staff.

Other info included: Patent Protection, Next Steps, 1 year anniversary, XFUEL, Development team expansion, etc . .

Link here: https://blog.xtrabytes.global/additional-features/state-of-the-byte/

Delphinus

Activity: 560
Merit: 112

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 10:59:49 AM

New blog post written by CCRevolution:

Before getting started, I want to thank the XTRABYTES community for their patience during these past several weeks. I have recently met with the XTRABYTES managers and a few other key members of our team to define future developments and organize various details as we continue to move forward.

On that note, I think it is crucial to reiterate the amazing job our teams are doing. The work happening behind the scenes on all levels, as well as on the front lines, is very encouraging and exciting. Several teams are being streamlined and plans to bring on more people are in the works (more below). Several new development teams will be created for various aspects of the XTRABYTES project and although we will not be ready to move on many fronts until after the patent applications are completed, I think that now is a very good time for anyone interested in helping to let it be known to our management staff.

Other info included: Patent Protection, Next Steps, 1 year anniversary, XFUEL, Development team expansion, etc . .

Link here: https://blog.xtrabytes.global/additional-features/state-of-the-byte/

Best post in a long time, would encourage everyone to read it  Smiley

Seal Real Deal

Activity: 9

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 02:22:40 PM

CCR blog repost: (from https://blog.xtrabytes.global/additional-features/state-of-the-byte/)

"Before getting started, I want to thank the XTRABYTES community for their patience during these past several weeks. I have recently met with the XTRABYTES managers and a few other key members of our team to define future developments and organize various details as we continue to move forward.

To understand this, we also must look at our usage of XFUEL. To find the most up to date information regarding XFUEL, please visit our Knowledge Base article. In summary, XFUEL was created to fund the development of XTRABYTES. We cannot support the kind of team we require without paying people something for their time and efforts. People have bills to pay and even though they may be totally in love with what we are doing and want to be part of the project, a steady income stream for our team members remains a priority.

Today, we have a healthy development budget which grows as our price climbs over the long term. We are also able to pay our people fair salaries, so that they are able to give the 110% that we wish to see from them.

Why is this important?
Because XTRABYTES is not just another coin. We are a platform with intentions to become an industry giant. Many of you may feel this is a pipe dream, but let’s take a look at why we feel this is where we are heading.

Unprecedented Security

Centralized systems and blockchains are vulnerable to attack. XTRABYTES is establishing the technology to be far superior in this regard and prohibit those vulnerabilities.

Unparalleled Speed

We will not bother to post our “true” target tps speed, but we will let you know we are patenting our method for this also.  We believe we will be the new benchmark that few if any other crypto companies will be able to reach until they develop a better method.

DICOM

As most people know, our Distributed Command Module will allow all developers to attach their project directly to the XTRABYTES platform. This means we have the potential for quick growth with many of the projects already in existence and those yet to be created.

Economic & Eco Incentive

The XTRABYTES protocol does not depend on heavy mining thus reducing the power needs for the blockchain to function properly. This means users will save in the long-term for their computing power and will be responsible for a more eco-friendly solution.

Patent Protection
This is being done to prevent the following: useless clones that result in people losing money to failed projects, improper/unethical use of our tech and most importantly for the long term development of XTRABYTES, the prevention of developmental brains branching off to different projects that effectively reduces the overall quality of the tech.

In other words, we want to keep everyone on the same team and focused on the greater good of the technology being developed here at XTRABYTES. That technology being best described as a supercomputer on distributed ledger.

Adding to these points, we would like to confirm that XTRABYTES Ltd. will be filing (4) patents. Further detail on the specifics can not be shared at this moment but rest assured we will be posting that information as soon as we can.

Even further…
By registering our patents we can begin sharing some of the code and technical details/information with our core developers so they can begin to contribute and take the massive load off the shoulders of Borzalom. Until that happens, we are absolutely obligated by our patent law firm to keep our tech secret. However, this does not mean that we can’t begin looking for those developers to join our team for when the tech is ready for collaborated development and completion. By pre-selecting developers (who have signed an NDA with XTRABYTES Ltd.) we will be accomplishing two things. First, it will establish relations with vetted developers that will be on the front lines of our tech, and secondly, it will position us to begin a more collaborative effort the minute we enter a patent pending status.

Development Team Expansion

As many of you know, Borzalom and myself have always maintained our desire for privacy and our lack of desire to be the face of XTRABYTES. Neither of us are properly qualified or comfortable for the front facing role of CEO, to be on stage at events, to be on television/video for promotions and interviews, or to meet with other high level corporate leaders for the various upcoming growth and partnership challenges we will face.

As such, I would like to formally announce that we will begin our search for the first CEO of XTRABYTES Ltd. This person will play a top management role for XTRABYTES, filling the aforementioned requirements, along with all other general duties of a CEO. As this role is of utmost importance, we do not have a date for when it has to be filled. We will begin the search and will keep the community updated as we close in on a final candidate.

C-CEX Exchange

After contacting the owner of C-CEX, CCRevolution was able to bring down the withdrawal fee from 50 XBY to 2 XBY. For anyone looking to withdraw XBY please know this has been improved and is ready to go.

One Year Anniversary

On a last note, April 7th will be the official anniversary of XTRABYTES (the day when C-CEX accepted our version of the XBY chain). I would like to state that we HOPE HOPE HOPE to have our patents registered by early-mid April. This is our target and we will do our best to meet this timeframe.

Thank you again for all the support thus far,
CCRevolution"

https://blog.xtrabytes.global/additional-features/state-of-the-byte/
fishfishfish313

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 04:38:02 PM

New blog post: Blockport – The next leading cryptocurrency exchange?

"If I asked you “what are the biggest problems with today’s cryptocurrency exchanges?”, your answer would probably include a few of the following.

Poor Security
Slow or nonexistent support
Difficult to use
Lack of trust
No educational tools
Too many to choose from...

It’s no secret that these concerns must be addressed if cryptocurrencies are to be widely adopted."

Read the rest here: https://blog.xtrabytes.global/exchanges-trading/blockport-next-leading-cryptocurrency-exchange/

FianaRook

Activity: 28

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 10:58:23 PM

What is the main special idea of your "evolution"?
Fatoshi

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 03:51:08 PM

I see XBY as similar to what Nano has done were pushing Bitcoin as a payment currency forward. XBY I believe will do the same for platforms like ETH.
VALTER 1017

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 11:53:03 PM

I see XBY as similar to what Nano has done were pushing Bitcoin as a payment currency forward. XBY I believe will do the same for platforms like ETH.
... and what, in connection with this, does your conclusion suggest ?
SupremeGoose

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

Patience and wisdom is a key

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2018, 04:52:52 AM

CCRevolution clarified a few things about XFUEL in this FAQ article:

https://support.xtrabytes.global/hc/en-us/articles/360000066551-What-is-XFUEL-

Marttin

Activity: 14

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 01:08:17 PM

A very good overview

https://realestate.10ztalk.com/2018/02/28/xtrabytes-the-top-altcoin-part-2-cryptoweek-medium/
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: