Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 11:46:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO] PolicyPal Network - Future of Insurance for Unbanked and Cryptoassets  (Read 35843 times)
Darkoth89

Activity: 1274
Merit: 646

View Profile
March 17, 2019, 08:10:43 AM

Not just high costs (compared to their incomes), but also the high risk is something to put in the equation as a barrier for this kind of business. If ordinary insurance companies had not yet entered this business is just because they don't see any profit in it. In which way PolicyPal may turn this in a profitable business? thanks!

I don't think that ordinary insurance companies haven't entered the blockchain business because they don't see any room for profit. In the beginning they were probably just sceptical in general to this new technology. But not just the partnership of PolicyPal with AXA (a multi-national insurance firm with a revenue of €132.593 billion in 2017) shows that they now see the potential that is in projects like PolicyPal.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RedenBlack13

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

0x773f017A00F1eD28a18bC9dE6bc72e5Ea3EcBA3d

View Profile
March 17, 2019, 11:15:57 AM

Not just high costs (compared to their incomes), but also the high risk is something to put in the equation as a barrier for this kind of business. If ordinary insurance companies had not yet entered this business is just because they don't see any profit in it. In which way PolicyPal may turn this in a profitable business? thanks!

I don't think that ordinary insurance companies haven't entered the blockchain business because they don't see any room for profit. In the beginning they were probably just sceptical in general to this new technology. But not just the partnership of PolicyPal with AXA (a multi-national insurance firm with a revenue of €132.593 billion in 2017) shows that they now see the potential that is in projects like PolicyPal.

I was not talking about "why insurance companies didn't enter the blockchain ecosystem yet", but about the plan of this company (PolicyPal Network) to enter some markets in which the amount due as premium is too high compared to the incomes.

magisterr

Activity: 1372
Merit: 259

View Profile
March 17, 2019, 11:59:59 AM

Not yet. But first payment will be in the end of March or early April. And they said that they will improve reward system (probably staking rewards will be in poroption of holding tokens, at last I hope for this).

From when on will they change the reward system? I always thought 1 supernode gives you 1 share (a masternode give you 10) no matter how many tokens you hold. I am totally fine with this system and I hope it won't be changed. From the second year on, when we have TX costs, your rewards will mostly depend on how long you have your supernode running and how many transactions you have processed anyway.

This is not fair and not good for project. Every other projects having rewards according holding tokens. This system is useless. people dont have any insentive for holding and buying more tokens and price does not growing. So they should improve this.
Apened

Activity: 1386
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2019, 01:28:34 PM

That's right, because they need to make a research first and analysis on how they will earn and what are the advantage of blockchain to their insurance company. PolicyPal is the most advance insurance company and successful to their first launch of services that makes me more interested to follow every milestones that they are about to achieve.
Darkoth89

View Profile
March 17, 2019, 03:06:27 PM

Not yet. But first payment will be in the end of March or early April. And they said that they will improve reward system (probably staking rewards will be in poroption of holding tokens, at last I hope for this).

From when on will they change the reward system? I always thought 1 supernode gives you 1 share (a masternode give you 10) no matter how many tokens you hold. I am totally fine with this system and I hope it won't be changed. From the second year on, when we have TX costs, your rewards will mostly depend on how long you have your supernode running and how many transactions you have processed anyway.

This is not fair and not good for project. Every other projects having rewards according holding tokens. This system is useless. people dont have any insentive for holding and buying more tokens and price does not growing. So they should improve this.

With 'every other project' you mean probably projects with Proof of Stake. Masternodes (or in this case Supernodes) usually don't have rewards that are based on how many tokens you hold. And if they now decide to change it to this system, why introducing Supernodes in the first place?
magisterr

View Profile
March 17, 2019, 04:29:04 PM

With 'every other project' you mean probably projects with Proof of Stake. Masternodes (or in this case Supernodes) usually don't have rewards that are based on how many tokens you hold. And if they now decide to change it to this system, why introducing Supernodes in the first place?

Rewards always depend of staked amount in POS.  Thats why POS mining called - Proof of  STAKE (stake = amount of staked coins), while POW - does not depend of stakes, but this is very old coins like BTC. 99% nowdays have POS system supernodes and masternodes. May be you want to give example with such mammoths like Namecoin, Peercoin?  Grin

Look how it works in Tomochain for example. And price growing, while PAL price at the buttom!
They should  make a good working system, where people will have insentive for holding and buying more (for price increase). Or what sence in this at all if price sucks?
Darkoth89

View Profile
March 17, 2019, 06:11:30 PM

Rewards always depend of staked amount in POS.  Thats why POS mining called - Proof of  STAKE (stake = amount of staked coins), while POW - does not depend of stakes, but this is very old coins like BTC. 99% nowdays have POS system supernodes and masternodes. May be you want to give example with such mammoths like Namecoin, Peercoin?  Grin

Look how it works in Tomochain for example. And price growing, while PAL price at the buttom!
They should  make a good working system, where people will have insentive for holding and buying more (for price increase). Or what sence in this at all if price sucks?

You are mixing things up here. Masternodes and Proof of Stake is not the same thing. Dash for example is a PoW masternode. PIVX has both masternodes and staking.
brother3

Activity: 980
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 18, 2019, 07:32:37 AM

Pundi X and QEAM present in Money20/20 Asia
Money20/20 is the world’s leading platform where the Financial Services, Payments and FinTech communities connect to shape the future of money. Its Asian edition in Singapore will bring over 300 industry leaders to discuss and share the latest FinTech trends and strategies on March 19 — 21, 2019. https://medium.com/pal-network/new-release-pal-wallet-is-now-ready-for-download-token-swap-guide-ef3f4453e5f3
magisterr

View Profile
March 18, 2019, 02:02:11 PM

You are mixing things up here. Masternodes and Proof of Stake is not the same thing. Dash for example is a PoW masternode. PIVX has both masternodes and staking.

Well, but at last we are talking about supernodes, which are not the same as masternodes. For masternodes you should have a good VPS for difficult computing. We have runned supernodes on our own PCs. And supernodes working on POS system in 99% of proejcts nowdays.
template

Activity: 1085
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 18, 2019, 09:06:30 PM

Team what time binance ? bittrex is dead we need high volume
Darkoth89

View Profile
March 18, 2019, 09:38:10 PM

When Binance, when moon?! .... Seriously, just be patient. The exchanges we have so far, are good enough. The times are over where a Binance listing led to a huge pump.
Apened

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2019, 12:00:09 AM

When Binance, when moon?! .... Seriously, just be patient. The exchanges we have so far, are good enough. The times are over where a Binance listing led to a huge pump.
We ever don't know if PaL will going in binance because the listing fee there was high. Talking with the team and effort i have no doubt all that they are doing was very productive. They never failed the investors especially Val which is almost evry month in a blockchain speaker. This is very huge in the future just see how insurance companies in traditional business how much more in blockchain.
temadanilevsky

Activity: 250
Merit: 28

View Profile
March 22, 2019, 07:04:51 AM

EVENT RECAP: Plug and Play Indonesia 2019 https://medium.com/pal-network/event-recap-plug-and-play-indonesia-2019-c24b620dccde

Plug and Play is an innovation platform that offers accelerator programmes to connect the best technology startups and the world’s largest corporations.
magisterr

View Profile
March 22, 2019, 07:36:39 AM

We ever don't know if PaL will going in binance because the listing fee there was high. Talking with the team and effort i have no doubt all that they are doing was very productive. They never failed the investors especially Val which is almost evry month in a blockchain speaker. This is very huge in the future just see how insurance companies in traditional business how much more in blockchain.

I have though so... But I have a big dobt now. She is Unprofessional. And after some time, she is shilling PolicyPal (another her insurance business) and spending our money for her fiat business!! and I dont see any progress on PalNetwork. Swap on Bittrex and Upbit not finished for during 3 month. I dont see any liquidity of PAL tokens and value...
Apened

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2019, 01:55:29 PM

I have though so... But I have a big dobt now. She is Unprofessional. And after some time, she is shilling PolicyPal (another her insurance business) and spending our money for her fiat business!! and I dont see any progress on PalNetwork. Swap on Bittrex and Upbit not finished for during 3 month. I dont see any liquidity of PAL tokens and value...

Oh i didn't know that thing, do you have a proof? I will disagree on it because i have seen the progress but if you are right there that she is using our money or investors money to her other business if she have then it was a bad thing. On swapping i guess it was not PolicyPal's mistake since the exchange are incharge to it and they agreed to swap on before the announcement of swap if i'm right.
mrczs

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 26, 2019, 07:51:06 AM

There is 30 tx in Pal network policy adress, that means that there are 15 policies sold?
https://explorer.pal.network/address/0xBA7BC2a91C77dA61F703d16b9DFAA2dFFc6Fc68f

I was asking this question on telegram but all i got is ban from the chat also from the trading group  where trading talk is allowed.
Im starting to doubt this project.
I have run multiple SN since january and been member in the chat group for some time, and I get banned just like that?

What is wrong with you? This is how you run your business?
Darkoth89

View Profile
March 26, 2019, 09:43:05 PM

There is 30 tx in Pal network policy adress, that means that there are 15 policies sold?
https://explorer.pal.network/address/0xBA7BC2a91C77dA61F703d16b9DFAA2dFFc6Fc68f

I was asking this question on telegram but all i got is ban from the chat also from the trading group  where trading talk is allowed.
Im starting to doubt this project.
I have run multiple SN since january and been member in the chat group for some time, and I get banned just like that?

What is wrong with you? This is how you run your business?

Where did you get this address from? Is this the address where you have to send your tokens to when paying for a specific policy? I must admit I haven't tried to buy a policy from them so I don't know.

Nevertheless, you are mentioning something here that would be really interesting to know and I hope they can give more information about this somehow: Like how many policies did they sell and how many (successful) claims were there since the launch of their product.
temadanilevsky

Activity: 250
Merit: 28

View Profile
March 29, 2019, 11:09:17 AM

PAL Network: Business Update (March 2019)
March was full of events, a meeting with industry-leading start-ups, insurers, corporations and individuals.
https://medium.com/pal-network/pal-network-business-update-february-2019-fb83d0a587d9

GrosWesh
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1440

View Profile
March 30, 2019, 02:10:01 PM

Hi there, maybe someone will be able to help me here ... ?

I got an issue with Pal tokens.

After i waited for months (like everyone) to get my token swapped on bittrex, i asked to withdraw to my wallet. Transaction is done, Bittrex is ok to me, i can see tx on explorer but nothing never arrived on my wallet.

I looked for tokens using mew, etherscan and other ways and nothing never arrived on my wallet.

So i'd like to know what's going on with Pal blockchain  Roll Eyes
Apened

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2019, 11:14:47 PM

Hi there, maybe someone will be able to help me here ... ?

I got an issue with Pal tokens.

After i waited for months (like everyone) to get my token swapped on bittrex, i asked to withdraw to my wallet. Transaction is done, Bittrex is ok to me, i can see tx on explorer but nothing never arrived on my wallet.

I looked for tokens using mew, etherscan and other ways and nothing never arrived on my wallet.

So i'd like to know what's going on with Pal blockchain  Roll Eyes
Where did you withdraw your Pal from bittrex right after the swap? Because if you withdraw it it should be now directly to the pal desktop wallet and not to any ERC-20 based wallet. If you do send it to the pal desktop wallet and have errors you can directly pm their social media accounts or go to their telegram chat group to have an assistance.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 »
  Print  

Jump to: