Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 11:51:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can you sell your altcoins ?  (Read 698 times)
xsaints128

Activity: 420
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 09:50:34 PM

You should always set a target in which you can sell your altcoins and not regret after selling it because the price always fluctuates a lot, nobody knows what's gonna happen tomorrow, the price can get higher or even it can get lower.

Mehjia (OP)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 09:55:37 PM

thanks for the answers , but there are situations when I get stuck.
Like now I have faith in 3-4 more altcoins and I want to buy , but I can't say I lost faith in the ones that I have , so what I should do ?
Risks dumping one and going to a new one , or sell a little from every one and add up some money like that.
justin86

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

Market Integration Platform

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 09:56:54 PM

I sell them, mostly they rise after I sell but I do not regret because I know they will rise but it is not always like that. The market can enter a bear cycle and you may not be able to sell your coins at a good price.

Sartrute

Activity: 522
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 10:02:34 PM

Hello everybody , I am kind of new to this world.
 I have made some investments in the altcoin , I think I have some good coins wich I can trust more in my portofolio like PRL , Onions , Dubai Coin and in my opinion Potcoin also.
 I also have some coins like Verge , Power Ledger , Dogecoin in wich I dont have that much trust but I really just can't sell them , I'm like afraid that they will rise good and I will regret selling them.
 I have some coins on my mind wich I will also like to add to my portofolio but it seems like my only option is to deposit more fiat money and buy them also , because I really can't convince myself to sell any coin Smiley.
 Do any have this problem, have this fear of selling altcoins before they rise from the buy price , I really can't give up on anything I buy If it doesnt make a huge jump to generate some profit Smiley
Funny problem, but all of us with it to some extent faced. You need to understand that all assets in relation to each other are in motion - something is becoming more expensive, something is becoming cheaper. If you are psychologically difficult to get out of the asset, which has risen in price, do it in parts. For example, sell 20% of the coin with its growth of 50% (you can set any other level). Thus, you insure yourself against a possible lowering of the price after growth and diversify. If you act on such an algorithm in trading pairs, not with fiat, but with coins / coins you will end up with a balanced portfolio of altcurrencies.

Jalum

Activity: 774
Merit: 500

Look ARROUND!

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 10:06:05 PM

I have made some investments in the altcoin , I think I have some good coins wich I can trust more in my portofolio like PRL , Onions , Dubai Coin and in my opinion Potcoin also.
 I also have some coins like Verge , Power Ledger , Dogecoin in wich I dont have that much trust but I really just can't sell them , I'm like afraid that they will rise good and I will regret selling them.
 I have some coins on my mind wich I will also like to add to my portofolio but it seems like my only option is to deposit more fiat money and buy them also , because I really can't convince myself to sell any coin Smiley.
 Do any have this problem, have this fear of selling altcoins before they rise from the buy price , I really can't give up on anything I buy If it doesnt make a huge jump to generate some profit Smiley
Altcoins can get traded without anyone needing to supervise you. You can sell the coins whenever you want.

█████████████████
         ███ ██     █     ██ ███
       ██ █████     █     █████ ██
     ███   █   █  █████  █   █   ███
   ███     █    ███ █ ███    █     ███
  ██  ███ ██ ███    █    ███ ██ ███  ██
  ██     ████       █      █████     ██
 ███   ██ █  ███    █    ███  █ ██   ███
 █ █ ██   █     ██  █  ██     █   ██ █ █
█████     █       █████       █     █████
 █ █ ██   █   ████  █  ████   █   ██ █ █
 ███   ████ ██      █      ██ ████   ███
  ██  █  █████      █      █████  █  ██
  ██ ██   ██ ████   █  ████  ██   ██ ██
   ██      █     ██████      █     ███
     ████  █   ██████████    █  ████
       ██ █████     █    ██████ ██
         ███  ██    █   ███  ███
            █████████████████
ARROUND

Telegram
ANN Thread
Bounty Thread
Whitepaper
00DKM@

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 10:09:07 PM

There are no other reason for keeping or selling your altcoins. I think the most appropriate thing to do is from the start identify first your strategy. Are you long term investor or short term investor. After deciding which strategy you want make another plan. Example if you choose you are only short-term create a trading plan. Follow your trading plan religiously. Buy low sell high price will vary according to the market demand and supply.
I often see DCA coin investments instead of selling them all when it's falling, because I'm confident in the coin I've analyzed and decided to invest in it. With good altcoin you should decide to keep it and do not keep track of it everyday as it makes your spirits unstable due to fluctuations of the market, which is not good for an investor.
Bagaji

Activity: 1330
Merit: 291

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2018, 10:19:02 PM

Op, you sound greedy because crypto currency is some thing that you keep holding forever for reason been that its value will continue to increase day after day except if you don't have much financial responsible to take care of at any point in time soon. Some of my friends who invested in some business opportunities and hold on to the investment longer than necessary lost the whole of their money as a result. Am not saying this to scared you but for you to take precautionary measure in your investment decision.
Markperop

Activity: 448

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 10:32:44 PM

Op, you sound greedy because crypto currency is some thing that you keep holding forever for reason been that its value will continue to increase day after day except if you don't have much financial responsible to take care of at any point in time soon. Some of my friends who invested in some business opportunities and hold on to the investment longer than necessary lost the whole of their money as a result. Am not saying this to scared you but for you to take precautionary measure in your investment decision.
in this regard, I completely agree with you, because in my practice I saw that some tokens increased fourfold, although I regret that I sold them at once. Therefore, it makes sense to keep more than even six months.

HELLO EVERYONE.
syberwolfen

Activity: 790
Merit: 261

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 10:36:07 PM

I sell them, mostly they rise after I sell but I do not regret because I know they will rise but it is not always like that. The market can enter a bear cycle and you may not be able to sell your coins at a good price.

Yes that's how we make profit if you are investor looking for long term investment then you can leave it for years but if you are dependant on crypto for earnings like most people do nowadays then the best thing would be sell it when it rises instead of waiting for it to reach to peak and then ending up with a dump.

Am I spamming? Report me!
serejanice

Activity: 51

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 11:02:13 PM

Have the same situation. Nothing grow without corrections. So just wait for one more extreme growth of one of your alt and then sell it.This is the crypto  world  Grin
Badhuamin

Activity: 420

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 11:03:26 PM

for now I still keep it first for some time because the price is not stable yet.
icoworld

Activity: 300

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 11:04:52 PM

If I urgently need money then yes I will sell in all other cases I will keep them as long as possible
bribed

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 11:16:13 PM

Patience is a virtue. In my opinion its the most important attribute that one needs when doing business in cryptocurrency markets. This said, I would stick to my picks even if they are tanking, I would not sell because there is a temporary loss. Always remember why you invested in the first place in the coin. But if you dont have confidence in the coin anymore for some reason its of course also legit to sell before you have generated profit. Sometimes its wise to cut losses and move on. But never rush decisions and act emotional! Always think through all the options and then decide.
jmlona

Activity: 279
Merit: 16

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 11:19:27 PM

Other than a few coins I really believe in I don't have this struggle. In fact I could also sell them if I didn't believe in them any longer. It's not healthy to hold on to coins out of fear.

CRYPTFUNDER.IO ▼ Disruptive Funding for Startup ICOs
Join Our ICO Now!  ≡  Whitepaper | One Pager
Twitter   Facebook    Youtube    Medium    Telegram    ANN Thread
francedeni

Activity: 560

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 11:25:29 PM

If I urgently need money then yes I will sell in all other cases I will keep them as long as possible
For me, if you are already in profit then sell. As long you are already earning sell some and half of it is for long term investment. If you know the project if there is a future and more to offer then hold, and if you are not in need of money so hold. Well it still depends on you.
Oceat

Activity: 2506
Merit: 368

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 11:26:19 PM

If you have an altcoin that is not yet giving you a good profit in the meantime, try holding it as long as you see that it will give you a amount of profit. Most holder of altcoins are not selling their altcoin until it give them a x2 or x3 fold so it will be a good profit. As long as you don't see that your coins is not growing and not yet giving you a good profit, just hold it for the meantime. Control your self and avoid letting your emotion drive you in to an irreversible actions.

blockchainmarketus

Activity: 448

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 11:27:49 PM

don`t fear of missing profit, if you will not win here, you`ll win next time
Keep your coins wait and sell at the highest price when you make profit. Don't worry altcoins will grow soon in 2018. When bitcoin falls altcoins will increase. When bitcoin up altcoins will down slowly, the supply and demand law.
walterw
Copper Member

Activity: 336
Merit: 258

Do you need a campaign manager? PM me.

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 11:31:25 PM

I will hold my coins. I do not know why so many panicked sell their coins, but I think it's mostly people who buy in with risk capital and then wonder in the end why they can not pay their bills.

gilangIDR
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 11:32:44 PM

Yes that's how we make profit if you are investor looking for long term investment then you can leave it for years but if you are dependant on crypto for earnings like most people do nowadays then the best thing would be sell it when it rises instead of waiting for it to reach to peak and then ending up with a dump.
I prefer to trade in a short time, I will sell the altcoin I have when the price increases and I have benefited. Although the benefits are not too great but it seems to me quite meaningful when we can repeat as much as possible. I do not like to wait long because sometimes the price does not increase compared to the current we buy it, even the price has decreased drastically. So for me it's better to do it faster than having to wait without any certainty.
kara741

Activity: 80
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 11:33:01 PM

my advice if you believe that your coin against invest save your portfolio much longer but with a note you have money for personal use, the biggest temptation is when your portfolio rises above worry about is you will sell it for other things like buying a car for example
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: